The Lord Will Choose A People Out Of This People

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
investigator
captain of 100

The Lord Will Choose A People Out Of This People

Post by investigator »

"If we make a bad use of the priesthood, do you not see that the day will come when God will reckon with us, and he will take it from us and give it to those who will make better use of it?" (Heber C. Kimball, Ibid., vol. 6, p. 125).

"But the time will come when the Lord will choose a people out of this people upon whom he will bestow his choicest blessings" (Heber C. Kimball, Des. News. Nov. 9, 1865).

"...A people will come forth from among us, who will be zealous of good works, willing to do the bidding of the Lord, who will be taught in His ways, and who will walk in His paths" (Daniel H. Wells, Des. News, Nov. 10, 1875.

"Before the great day of the Lord shall come, and the day of righteousness and peace dawn upon this fair creation, two potent cleansing forces shall be in active operation. The first of these is the preparation of a choice people, purified by an application to their lives, as individuals, and a community, of the principles of the Gospel of peace. Such a body will evolve FROM THOSE CALLED LATTER-DAY SAINTS . . . and from the remnant of the whole house of Israel will emanate the nucleus or foundation from which will spring the righteous, millennial population of our globe." (George Q. Cannon; Millennial Star 42:585)

"I want to say to you, my brethren, the time is coming when we will be mixed up in these now peaceful valleys, to that extent that it will be difficult to tell the face of a Saint from the face of an enemy to the people of God. Then, brethren, lookout for the great sieve. For there will be a great sifting time, and many will fall; for I say unto you there is a test, a test, A TEST coming, and who will be able to stand?" (Heber C. Kimball; Life of Heber C. Kimball by Orson F. Whitney, p. 445)

"And if we as a people do not hold ourselves on the altar ready to be used with our means and all that God has bestowed upon us, according to the master's bidding for the upbuilding of His Kingdom upon the earth, He will pass on and get somebody else; because He will get a people that will do it. I do not mean to say that He will pass on and leave this people; no, there will come up from the midst of this people that people which has been talked so much about." (Daniel H. Wells; Deseret News of 9 December 1882)

"I know there is a people in the hearts core of this people, that will arise in their majesty in a day that is near at hand, and push spiritual things to the front; a people who will stand up for God." (Orson F. Whitney; Deseret News 11 August 1889)

Elder Orson Pratt: There must be a reformation. There will be a reformation among this people but He will plead with the stronger ones of Zion, He will plead with this people, He will plead with those in high places, He will plead with the priesthood of this church, until Zion shall become clean before him. I do not know but what it would be an utter impossibility to commence and carry out some principles pertaining to Zion right in the midst of this people. They have strayed so far that to get a people who would conform to heavenly laws it may be needful to lead some from the midst of this people and commence anew in the regions round about in these mountains. (JD 15:360)

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Re: The Lord Will Choose A People Out Of This People

Post by Jonesy »

I'll bet this has almost everything to do with the Davidic servant--which is yet future.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

We know there will be a separating of the 'wheat' and 'tares', but that doesn't mean there's going to be a chosen people who leave the good ship zion. That's NOT what any of those quotes are referring to.

Those who fail to heed the words and counsel of the Lord's true servants will 'cut' themselves off from the blessings of being members of the Lord's true church. Some of the best efforts done on this forum are to try to help LDS remain faithful to the Lord's true gospel and enjoy these blessings---to be 'wheat' when the winnowing takes place, and I believe it is already happening.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Simply having keys does not allow one to perceive the future.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

What about "from the mouth or 2 or 3 witnesses will my word be given "

When you have so many prophets saying the same thing along with scripture also saying it.....

Also I believe it's the wheat that will be gleaned from the tares is the way the scriptures describe it. If that tells us something of that day.

Another thought is this.

The wheat won't leave the good ship Zion. The tares never got on. Many were called. But only the very few who were chosen climbed aboard.

I'm sure the tares think they are on the ship.
Last edited by Ezra on September 18th, 2017, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrueIntent
captain of 100

Post by TrueIntent »

investigator wrote: September 18th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Simply having keys does not allow one to perceive the future.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Amen!

TrueIntent
captain of 100

Post by TrueIntent »

Brigham Young......"Let me give you the definition in brief. Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the House of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, being enabled to give them the key words, the signs and tokens, pertaining to the Holy Priesthood, and gain your eternal exaltation in spite of earth and hell.
Who has received and understands such an endowment, in this assembly? You need not answer. Your voices would be few and far between, yet the keys to these endowments are among you,and thousands have received them, so that the devil, with all his aids, need not suppose he can again destroy the Holy Priesthood from the earth, by killing a few, for he cannot do it. God has set His hand, for the last time, to redeem His people, the honest in heart, and Lucifer cannot hinder Him.

Many are called....Few are ACTUALLY chosen. Many receive the endowment, so that they keys are among them.

Brigham Young.... "But be assured, brethren, there are but few, very few of the Elders of Israel, now on earth, who know the meaning of the word endowment. To know, they must experience; and to experience, a Temple must be built."