Are we likewise converted--- pretty dang cool Book of Mormon conversion story from current Baptist Preacher!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Are we likewise converted--- pretty dang cool Book of Mormon conversion story from current Baptist Preacher!

Post by larsenb »

That's certainly interesting. Wonder where it will all end?

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Re: Are we likewise converted--- pretty dang cool Book of Mormon conversion story from current Baptist Preacher!

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Pretty cool. If people would break down the walls of defense and just read the Book of Mormon they could add so much to their knowledge.

I remember walking the mountain of Puerto Rico on my mission and bumping into a preacher one day as he ran up to us and showed how he had marked up a book of Mormon from reading it and continued to tell us how true it was. He would teach his congregation from the Book of Mormon. When we wanted to share more he had no desire to listen to us but he obviously knew the power and truths found within.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

larsenb wrote: September 12th, 2017, 2:57 pm That's certainly interesting. Wonder where it will all end?
I know, huh. I love that these are people who love Jesus and as a result are open to learning truths wherever they may come from that validate him and enlarge his love and his goodness in their hearts. That is powerful religion...
Last edited by diligently seeking on September 12th, 2017, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

e-eye2.0 wrote: September 12th, 2017, 3:23 pm Pretty cool. If people would break down the walls of defense and just read the Book of Mormon they could add so much to their knowledge.

I remember walking the mountain of Puerto Rico on my mission and bumping into a preacher one day as he ran up to us and showed how he had marked up a book of Mormon from reading it and continued to tell us how true it was. He would teach his congregation from the Book of Mormon. When we wanted to share more he had no desire to listen to us but he obviously knew the power and truths found within.

Sounds like God was guideing him. ❤

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Say Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters, say Hallelujah!!
dc

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

David13 wrote: September 12th, 2017, 8:47 pm Say Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters, say Hallelujah!!
dc
Ha! Dc, as we approach closer and closer to our Great Advocate Lord and King our expressions of adoration and praise make hallelujahs seem weak in comparison. Increasingly being made more whole in his great healing love inspires such praise. we would have it no other way! :)
right?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

JaredBees wrote: September 12th, 2017, 9:21 pm
David13 wrote: September 12th, 2017, 8:47 pm Say Hallelujah Brothers and Sisters, say Hallelujah!!
dc
Ha! Dc, as we approach closer and closer to our Great Advocate Lord and King our expressions of adoration and praise make hallelujahs seem weak in comparison. Increasingly being made more whole in his great healing love inspires such praise. we would have it no other way! :)
right?
Well, he really had a good message there.
I was interested by his enthusiastic delivery of it. I suppose that is more Baptist style. It seems in the LDS church there is always a very mild mannered and quietly worded testimony. Not the near, only near, fire and brimstone he almost got going there.
But still the message was clear and enjoyable, quite enjoyable. Sometimes I need that type of enthusiasm.
dc

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Wow! That was very powerful. I felt the spirit. The Book of Mormon truly is a testament of Christ Jesus, King of kings!

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Membership in the church alone does not exalt. transcending membership and becoming an actual Saint through the atonement of Jesus Christ-- sets us on that path. The Book of Mormon should never be one more thing the restoration offers us on the Shelf of our membership. God in his great grace and mercy has given us the opportunity to know his son to be born of him to be redeemed in our fallen flesh through the amazing Jesus filled truth and power that emanates from The Book of Mormon.
President David O Mckay implored that there should be a Nicodemus revolution-- of course he was speaking of when Christ told Nicodemus except a man be born of water and spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (Also see Alma 5 )

On the significance of this very important step of advancing towards entering into the kingdom of God from being born of god / one of the many Book of Mormon salvational Messages --He said:

"I then fell asleep, and behind in vision something infinitely sublime. In the distance I beheld a beautiful white city. Though it was far away, yet I seemed to realize that all trees [were covered] with luscious fruit, shrubbery with gorgeously tinted leaves, and flowers in perfect bloom abounded everywhere.

The clear sky above seemed to reflect these beautiful shades of color. I then saw a great concourse of people approaching the city. Each one wore a white flowing robe and a white headdress. Instantly my attention seemed centered upon their leader, and though I could see only the profile of his features and his body, I recognized him at once as my Savior!
The tint and radiance of his countenance were glorious to behold. There was a peace about him which seemed sublime – it was divine!

The city, I understood, was his. It was the City Eternal; and the people following him were to abide there in peace and eternal happiness. But who were they?

As if the Savior read my thoughts, he answered by pointing to a semicircle that then appeared above them, and on which were written in gold the words:

These Are They Who Have Overcome the World –
Who Have Truly Been Born Again!

When I awoke, it was breaking day over Apia harbor.”

Let's lift the condemnation individually and on our families and our Wards and in the church and not take lightly this book of all books.

Where much is given truly much as expected.