People claiming to have seen Christ

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Re: People claiming to have seen Christ

Post by diligently seeking »

Arenera, you are reading past what I am saying. It appears with your statements that you are giving straw man accusations. I am in no position to rebuke or condemn. Nor did I do this-- nor did any one else. At the end of the day we are comfortable with what we have experienced. This is why the Book of Mormon is so vital. Let it be your personal liahona. Let the spirit interpret / illuminate it for you. This great book truly does hold your hand through the spiritual growth process that leads you to the arms of Jesus. When we let anyone but the Holy Ghost interpret it for us we are bound to hit stumbling blocks, and we are bound to have scales obstruct our eyes / vision. Once we start experiencing the blessings of growth and sanctification / the manifestations of the gift of the spirit in our life ---believing the admonitions and warnings in holy writ do not fall on deaf ears or an impenetrable heart. Additionally, through this growing process because our faith is being rewarded our belief becomes so much greater than our unbelief / fear. We begin to realize on a personal (sweet/ reassuring) level that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. in this process you rejoice to realize that in his timing all necessary promises for exaltation will be fulfilled as our desire and effort and the grace and merits and mercy of Jesus are in full sway in our life. Again, how fortunate we are to understand through the Book of Mormon and the other scripture resources and key figures of the restoration what this "full sway" looks like. The Gospel of Jesus Christ "received" is more than occasional warm fuzzies and a scattering of peace and joy and happiness in our life. God is no respecter of persons, eras, or ages or dispensations. when you read of the blessings that have occurred in the scriptures they can and should be occurring for us in the Here and Now. When we believe Gods narrative / message in holy writ these things start occurring for us. Life is not without opposition and difficulty. often times as we seek to receive a greater portion of God's word the adversary is able to rise up and try to thwart our progress. It has always been so. We can always take comfort and be rest assured that Joy and Victory and Promises fulfilled always comes in an eventual designated morning of our life as we move forward regardless of opposition. I don't mean to wear this thread out. I had a rare day off from both jobs, and in between doing loads of laundry etc at home I found myself indulging . My life is far from perfect and if I let you in on what it looks like you could think to choose that there is plenty of reason to throw stones at me. That said, a person such as myself-- has received choice blessings in this gospel and as a result my faith and confidence in receiving all that is available in this Mortal probation is (exceedingly) strong. Begin to experience-- it makes all the difference. :)

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

The Book of Mormon has several examples of those seeing Christ, like Lehi, Nephi, Jacob, Isaiah, Alma, Alma the Younger, Sons of Mosiah, Mormon, Moroni, Lamoni, Lamoni's Father, etc.

Before they saw Christ, they exhibited faith and desire, repentance, a mighty change of heart. All of them did their best to encourage and help others to come unto Christ.

What is the purpose of seeing Christ if we are not changed?

It is about love, charity, the pure love of Christ. It may not be an easy process. It isn't about fear, it is about love.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

Arenera wrote: November 30th, 2017, 8:23 pm The Book of Mormon has several examples of those seeing Christ, like Lehi, Nephi, Jacob, Isaiah, Alma, Alma the Younger, Sons of Mosiah, Mormon, Moroni, Lamoni, Lamoni's Father, etc.

Before they saw Christ, they exhibited faith and desire, repentance, a mighty change of heart. All of them did their best to encourage and help others to come unto Christ.

What is the purpose of seeing Christ if we are not changed?

It is about love, charity, the pure love of Christ. It may not be an easy process. It isn't about fear, it is about love.
Amen. :)

He Is Here https://g.co/kgs/hK7qFy

Redeemed https://g.co/kgs/XQBfae

Good night.