Thus saith the Lord...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: Thus saith the Lord...

Post by eddie »

Good job Marc! You are amazing..

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

eddie wrote: February 12th, 2018, 12:01 pm Good job Marc! You are amazing..
Thank you for your kind words. I'm not really amazing at all, though. Just persistent and believing. I desire so much more and I know there is more for me to experience. I haven't come this far just to come this far. When the time comes that I rend this veil of unbelief and if the Lord is willing, I will boldly share it with the world, not to boast, though, but to let everyone know that if a wretch like me can do it, everyone can. My only hope is that by sharing these things, others will gain the confidence to do the same.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

marc wrote: February 13th, 2018, 7:48 am
eddie wrote: February 12th, 2018, 12:01 pm Good job Marc! You are amazing..
Thank you for your kind words. I'm not really amazing at all, though. Just persistent and believing. I desire so much more and I know there is more for me to experience. I haven't come this far just to come this far. When the time comes that I rend this veil of unbelief and if the Lord is willing, I will boldly share it with the world, not to boast, though, but to let everyone know that if a wretch like me can do it, everyone can. My only hope is that by sharing these things, others will gain the confidence to do the same.
Nephi called himself a wretched man, he was angry at his enemies, and with all the mayhem they had caused, he laments over getting angry.

"O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities."

And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul?" ( arguing on the forum destroying our peace? This stays with what you are trying to tell us.)

Thank-you for sharing with us, your kindness and testimony have inspired ME many times. I want to be just like you when I grow up!
( I was just called to teach seminary, Book Of Mormon is what we are doing this year. If you don't think I feel in-adequate!)

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

marc wrote: February 13th, 2018, 7:48 am When the time comes that I rend this veil of unbelief and if the Lord is willing, I will boldly share it with the world, not to boast, though, but to let everyone know that if a wretch like me can do it, everyone can. My only hope is that by sharing these things, others will gain the confidence to do the same.
I feel the same. That so many beloved members of my family have lost their faith and hope only makes me feel all the more motivated to prove Christ's words by my own life.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

In my journey, I have learned by experience two types of suffering. There's the suffering of guilt. There have been times in my life that I have suffered so much guilt because of my sins. Like Nephi who called himself a wretched man, I have felt that anguish of regret. But as I am quick to forgive everyone, the Lord has been quick to forgive me when I cry out to Him. In my solitude, I have felt that heavy burden of sin and guilt lifted as quickly as Alma who remembered his sins no more. In its place comes that sensation of peace. It is in a sense a feeling of weightlessness, as if not only the burden of guilt is lifted, by I am also lifted and joy remains, along with being void of all offense toward God and my fellow man. It is a feeling of pure love. That is the only way I can explain it.

The other type of suffering is longsuffering. It is not the kind of suffering from sin or guilt, but rather the longsuffering in patience while waiting upon the Lord. It is the serving and loving and teaching and turning the other cheek. It is every time my heart is broken by the abuse of others. It is being lonely in a journey of faith, importuning and waiting and importuning and waiting and turning the other cheek and loving others. It is also that other voice telling me to give up and to give in. It is continually battling with that voice, remembering to maintain a perfect brightness of hope in a promise made. It is praying always, not fainting and waiting for the perfect day.