Thus saith the Lord...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Thus saith the Lord...

Post by marc »

Ether 4:6...They shall not go forth unto the Gentiles until the day that they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord.

7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are.

8 And he that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed; and he that shall deny these things, let him be accursed; for unto them will I show no greater things, saith Jesus Christ; for I am he who speaketh.

9 And at my command the heavens are opened and are shut; and at my word the earth shall shake; and at my command the inhabitants thereof shall pass away, even so as by fire.

10 And he that believeth not my words believeth not my disciples; and if it so be that I do not speak, judge ye; for ye shall know that it is I that speaketh, at the last day.

11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.

12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.

14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.

15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel...

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Thus saith the Lord...

Post by marc »

Now with emphasis:
Ether 4:6...They shall not go forth unto the Gentiles until the day that they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord.

7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are.

8 And he that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed; and he that shall deny these things, let him be accursed; for unto them will I show no greater things, saith Jesus Christ; for I am he who speaketh.

9 And at my command the heavens are opened and are shut; and at my word the earth shall shake; and at my command the inhabitants thereof shall pass away, even so as by fire.

10 And he that believeth not my words believeth not my disciples; and if it so be that I do not speak, judge ye; for ye shall know that it is I that speaketh, at the last day.

11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.

12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.

14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.

15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel...

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

marc wrote: August 26th, 2017, 9:31 pm Now with emphasis:

?
Last edited by drtanner on October 1st, 2017, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

drtanner wrote: August 27th, 2017, 12:03 amWhat is the veil of unbelief that causes his children to remain in their awful state of wickedness? Will the gentiles repent before the millennium?
The veil of unbelief is that thing which separates one from God because one refuses to exercise faith and repent and come unto Christ; to hearken to the Spirit, which teaches one what do do. It is that thing which (v. 15) keeps one:

1. In an awful state of wickedness
2. Hardness of heart
3. Blindness of mind

Until one parts this veil as Enoch, Moses, the brother of Jared, and others, one is kept from “remembering” or “knowing” the covenant because of unbelief. All the finger pointing, judging, disputing, contending and mocking that goes on in the world and on this forum mean nothing; being a "member" of the "true church" means nothing; being baptized and endowed means nothing (Joseph Smith declared a man can be baptized as much as a bag of sand for all the good it will do him if he does not get the Holy Ghost); following this man or that man means nothing. All these things mean nothing until one parts that veil of unbelief and is redeemed by Jesus Christ and is ministered to by Christ and not a gentle elderly man at a temple veil. The real veil of unbelief is essentially the mists of darkness, in which almost all of us exist. Furthermore, one cannot really hold to the rod while pointing a finger and mocking others. Those who do are hypocrites and/or pointing from the great and spacious building.

Will the Gentiles repent? I don't recall the BoM prophets or Jesus saying they will. But they do say IF they will. Clearly, however, there exists no record promised in Ether 4. It is still sealed up. Moroni prayed and asked the Lord to give the Gentiles charity and grace that they might repent.
Ether 12:35 Wherefore, I know by this thing which thou hast said, that if the Gentiles have not charity, because of our weakness, that thou wilt prove them, and take away their talent, yea, even that which they have received, and give unto them who shall have more abundantly.

36 And it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord that he would give unto the Gentiles grace, that they might have charity.

37 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.
So who are they who will have charity more abundantly if not these Gentiles who have been given the talent? How much longer will these Gentiles hide up the talent given to them? How much longer will they continue to bicker and mock and judge and dispute and contend with one another blindly, not seeing they are still on this side of the veil of unbelief and in the same unredeemed condition? Time will tell.

letsjet
captain of 100

Post by letsjet »

You asked the question, "Will the Gentiles repent?" The answer is YES!

It's not real clear, but Ether 4:6 says that the Gentiles will repent and Ether 4:7 says that they will have the faith of the brother of Jared. This repentance will take please before the Millennium because the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon will come forth in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times in part because of their repentance.

In 1 Nephi 14:5 an angel tells Nephi that he has "beheld" what would happen if the Gentiles repent. So if we read verses 1-4 we can read what Nephi saw in his vision. Nephi saw that the pit dug for the Gentiles will be filled by those evil people who dug the pit on the condition that the Gentiles repent.

Next we go to 1 Nephi 22:14. Here it says that any nation that makes war against the house of Israel will fight amongst themselves. It also says that they will fall into the pit that they dug to ensnare the people of the Lord.

This scripture is not conditional on repentance it is a clear statement of prophecy. It doesn't mention the Gentiles instead it uses the terms "house of Israel" and "people of the Lord." Those two terms are used because if the Gentiles repent then they become the people of the Lord. Most Gentiles are descendants of Joseph which already makes them of the house of Israel.

So I think it is pretty clear that the Gentiles will repent! Evil people will fall into the Pit that they dug for the people of the Lord. That's a done deal. Ephraim is supposed to bless the earth in the latter-days. I believe that millions of Gentiles will repent, become the people of the Lord, have the faith of the brother of Jared, join the true Church and make the world a better place before the Millennium takes place.

The Dispensation of the Fullness of Times is the only Dispensation that does not end in apostasy. There will be millions of righteous people on the earth waiting to greet the Lord at His Second Coming.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

letsjet wrote: August 28th, 2017, 3:48 am This scripture is not conditional on repentance it is a clear statement of prophecy. It doesn't mention the Gentiles instead it uses the terms "house of Israel" and "people of the Lord." Those two terms are used because if the Gentiles repent then they become the people of the Lord. Most Gentiles are descendants of Joseph which already makes them of the house of Israel.
Interesting point, thank you. The Lord explicitly states in Ether that repentant Gentiles will receive all that the brother of Jared received. If, as you claim, there are Gentiles who have repented, according to the Lord's conditions in Ether, they should now have that same "knowledge" that the bro of Jared possessed. The Lord explicitly admonishes both the Gentile AND the House of Israel to repent that they may come to this "knowledge" as the brother of Jared did. And if and when the Gentiles (and House of Israel) should ever repent, I pray the sooner the better. And if, as you say it is not conditional, but a clear statement of prophecy, then why not now? Why not everyone here? May we all be up and doing while it is still called day. Until then, we remain in our awful state of wickedness, hardness of heart and blindness of mind.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

My final thought and witness on the matter, from this same chapter, which is a key chapter of the Book of Mormon and one of my favorite chapters.
IF one has the Spirit, one will know this is true. And if one knows this is true, one WILL repent and come unto Christ unto the rending of the veil of unbelief. This is doing good. But it is unbelief in all its forms that causes one to reject these things and so one is kept in darkness. The manifestations of the Spirit, however, follow those who believe and do. They are the fruits.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

marc wrote: August 28th, 2017, 4:30 am The Lord explicitly states in Ether that repentant Gentiles will receive all that the brother of Jared received. If, as you claim, there are Gentiles who have repented, according to the Lord's conditions in Ether, they should now have that same "knowledge" that the bro of Jared possessed. The Lord explicitly admonishes both the Gentile AND the House of Israel to repent that they may come to this "knowledge" as the brother of Jared did. And if and when the Gentiles (and House of Israel) should ever repent, I pray the sooner the better. And if, as you say it is not conditional, but a clear statement of prophecy, then why not now? Why not everyone here? May we all be up and doing while it is still called day. Until then, we remain in our awful state of wickedness, hardness of heart and blindness of mind.
Yes, the gentiles will repent. Many of us are already working on it, but we're a drop in the bucket compared to what will be. However, important things need to happen before then. The greater works of evil need to be destroyed and the proud need to be brought down to a level of humility where they will listen and pray to know truth. Knowing these results makes thinking of what's coming a lot more pleasant.

Why not now? It has been stated that the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon is so significant that we won't be able to exercise faith in the existence of God and the truthfulness of the gospel after receiving it. We need to progress to a certain point before we receive those words, and I wish I knew what that point was.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

marc wrote: August 26th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Thanks. I loved reading this. Just what I needed. :)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 28th, 2017, 8:56 pm The sealed portion gets translated by the Josephite after he re-translates the Book of Mormon (adding the 116-page missing part), the Large Plates of Nephi, the plates of Brass, and perhaps also the plates of Ether. After those translations are made and sent out in all the languages of the world (including both all dead and all living languages), the faith of the Gentiles will upgrade (not as much as the Josephite's, of course, but up to brother of Jared level.) At that point, the Josephite will translate the sealed portion of the plates of Mormon, one seal at a time. He'll translate it into all the languages of the world, send it out, and then restore whatever is found in that thousand year portion, incorporating that "stuff" into the Gentile church and world at large. Then he'll go on to the second sealed part, etc., until the first six sealed parts are incorporated. All of this will happen before the sixth thousand years ends (which ends on 11 April 2033.) After that date, the seventh seal will be opened by the Lord and the Josephite will translate that, doing the same. Each seal opened by the Lord and then translated by the Josephite, sent out to the world and then incorporated, will cause wide-spread changes in the world. All human knowledge will be supplanted by the information in the plates by the time he is finished with the sixth seal and the crafts of men will essentially be destroyed. This is how the Lord is going to destroy the wisdom and knowledge of the world, and spiritually kill the wicked (preparing them for their temporal death), by revealing all things and burying the world under a veritable sea of wisdom and knowledge:
Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. (Isaiah 29:14)

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah 11:9)
So, all this stuff will go down prior to the end of the sixth thousand years.
I have no idea where you get this from, especially since the Book of Mormon makes it clear the sealed portion contains the plates of Ether. And since the witnesses described only one set of seals on the plates.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

brianj wrote: August 28th, 2017, 8:39 pmWe need to progress to a certain point before we receive those words, and I wish I knew what that point was.
We have been told how. Jesus told us precisely how, which I quoted above.
7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then...
One must exercise faith in Jesus even as the brother of Jared did. We have the brother of Jared's story. We know the works, which were required of him because he inquired of the Lord.
Ether 1:43 And there will I bless thee and thy seed, and raise up unto me of thy seed, and of the seed of thy brother, and they who shall go with thee, a great nation. And athere shall be none bgreater than the nation which I will raise up unto me of thy seed, upon all the face of the earth. And thus I will do unto thee because this long time ye have cried unto me.
Notice it wasn't Jared who cried unto the Lord or any other family member or friend. They all reaped many of the benefits of the brother of Jared's faith, but it was only the brother of Jared who importuned the Lord and did all that the Lord required of him. There isn't anyone here who cannot do the same. By exercising the same kind of faith that the brother of Jared did, Moses did, Enoch did, Nephi did, and others, we may reap the same. Nephi said as much and he knew because he exercised the same faith. He inquired and that is precisely what he told his brothers who were saved from Jersualem's fate because of Lehi's faith and inherited the land of promise because of Nephi's faith (to build a ship), just like those who joined the bro of Jared in the promised land reaped some of what he sowed.
1 Nephi 15:11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.
Moroni said the same things because he exercised the same kind of faith.
Mormon 9:21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.
People either do not believe it or do not desire it. And each will receive according to their desires or lack thereof. And if they desire it, do they hunger and thirst and crave it and ache for it and diligently seek? So either people are as the bro of Jared and as Nephi who diligently seek and inquire and obtain or they are as Laman and Lemuel who do not inquire because "the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us." But if they're lucky, they'll reap some of the benefits. Just not the fullness. At least not until they fully repent, which brings us back to the scripture I cited in the OP.

Do what those who obtained did if you want to obtain what they obtained. Jesus promised to give if you ask, seek, and knock, that is, if you believe Him. So to repeat Jesus Christ's own words,
7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then...
When will be that day? Why not begin today?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Deuteronomy 4:27 And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.

28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

31 (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

D&C 130:3 (John14:23) The appearing of the Father and the Son, in that verse, is a personal appearance; and the idea that the Father and the Son dwell in a man’s heart is an old sectarian notion, and is false.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

D&C 93:1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am...

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Personal commentary:

Like the Publican, whom Jesus Christ justified in a parable in contrast with the Pharisee, the brother of Jared acknowledged his fallen state:
Ether 3:2 O Lord, thou hast said that we must be encompassed about by the floods. Now behold, O Lord, and do not be angry with thy servant because of his weakness before thee; for we know that thou art holy and dwellest in the heavens, and that we are unworthy before thee; because of the fall our natures have become evil continually; nevertheless, O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires...
The brother of Jared understood and acknowledged his own utter nothingness. This is what Moroni relays to us and what the Lord helps Moroni to understand:
Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
The "weakness" that we have been given is the mortal body. It is our flesh in its fallen state coupled with our inexperience that makes us weak by default. And as such we have no reason to boast of ourselves or as King Benjamin asked, "of what have ye to boast?" We ought to humble ourselves so completely to Him just as He utterly humbled Himself before the Father. It was His willingness to drink His cup to the bitter dregs that showed His utter humility and surrender. This is the kind of humility, in contrast with Pharisees, which the brother of Jared possessed when He approached the veil to converse with the Lord.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Personal commentary: a focus on one verse:
15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind...
Contentions and disputations do not rend the veil. Pharisees and sinners and hypocrites to not rend the veil. It seems that many covenant people are more interested in straining at gnats and swallowing camels than rending the veil of unbelief. Repentant and obedient peaceable followers and disciples of Jesus Christ rend the veil of unbelief. Many of the rest mock from the great and spacious building those who have partaken of the fruit of the tree of life (they remain in an awful state of wickedness, hardness of heart and blindness of mind).

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Well done, Marc.

Personal Commentary:

Developing the "Divine Nature" within according to the "Divine Plan:"

1.) Recognition - The greatest of all weaknesses is to be conscious of none. We are all "flawed" for a reason. Individually we do not have the ability, capability or power to be able change our very natures without first recognizing that we are "inadequate."
Helaman 12:7 O how great is the nothingness of the children of men; yea, even they are less than the dust of the earth.
Romans 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Have you pondered to realize why Nephi was angry with himself and recorded his lament? What can be learned from what he shared? My beloved friends, please awaken and become aware:
2 Nephi 4:17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.
22 He hath confounded mine enemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.
23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given me knowledge by visions in the night-time.
24 And by day have I waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me.
25 And upon the wings of his Spirit hath my body been carried away upon exceedingly high mountains. And mine eyes have beheld great things, yea, even too great for man; therefore I was bidden that I should not write them.
26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercy, why should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?
27 And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I angry because of mine enemy?
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
29 Do not anger again because of mine enemies. Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions.
30 Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
31 O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies? Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of sin?
32 May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my heart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may walk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!
33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine enemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.
34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.
Moses 1:9 And the presence of God withdrew from Moses, that his glory was not upon Moses; and Moses was left unto himself. And as he was left unto himself, he fell unto the earth.
10 And it came to pass that it was for the space of many hours before Moses did again receive his natural strength like unto man; and he said unto himself: Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed.
"Recognizing" something greater than yourself involves "contrasts" and "comparisons." If you are unable to do so, there is a problem.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
2.) Association: Comprehending the "Light."

I would have you imagine for a moment that you are standing, expectantly, for the advent of the Wedding Party with your lamp. Consider the "Advent:" 1.) There would be approaching "light." 2.) It would be followed by "spirit." and would culminate in 3.) Presence.

Such are our "endowments." A "Pre-mortal" endowment that was given to all of God's children was the "Light of Christ." There was a "Pre-mortal" Temple endowment, as well, which conferred the promise of Priesthood and Blessings associated with assisting in God's work after the "Order of the Son." I believe that "sparks" of our "foreordinations" reoccur to us in our sojourn in this life as we "visit" reminders. It was here that we became acquainted with the Holy Ghost . . . and I am unable to say more.

"Perceiving the Veil" or how to "Associate with that which is "Good" to understand what God is like."
Moroni 7:12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.
13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.
14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.
15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.
18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.
19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.
Judgment is meant for identification and not condemnation. Do you understand why? It has been referred to as "mote-beam" sickness or "projection." One can only perceive what one is or has been.

We all come from the "pre-mortal" realm with gifts and talents - as well as weaknesses. It is in the "recognition" of these "gifts" and "talents" in others that are "GOOD," that help us glimpse the Majesty that is God. In Him they dwell perfectly. It is in the "association" of "gifted" and "talented" people that we begin to glimpse and "understand" with our hearts what God is like.

Inasmuch as wonderful qualities are seen and experienced in others . . . all good comes from God and anyone who has seen the least of these has been able to recognize "Godhood" in a facet.

BE REAL, BUT BE THE GOOD by letting Christ's LIGHT shine through you.

The Mortal Endowment: The Holy Ghost. "The Telestial Liaison" - Baptized in the name of the Holy Ghost. (Washings)

Do you understand that the only hope that we really have in attaining the "Divine Nature" is by association with Diety? A change has to occur within us that is prompted and sustained by our very first "spiritual," (internal,) liaison with Godliness and that would be the Holy Ghost. The "earthly" ordinance for His reception is through that of "confirmation" by the "laying on of hands" by those having authority. At that point in time, according to the "Radio Station Analogy," The Holy Ghost becomes the Announcer at the Station as the broadcast via the Light of Christ takes on new dimensions. The "voice" of "conscience" and "illumination" become stronger and is accompanied by the "resonance" of heartfelt feelings. (Two witnesses . . . in resonance = thoughts and feelings or the "Mind and Heart" connection.) Thusly, the Holy Ghost becomes the Testator and the Comforter - quickening the Mind and comforting the Heart.

The Mortal Endowment: The Spirit of Christ. "The Terrestrial Liaison" - Baptized in the name of the Son. (Annointings)

By "Physical" Associations and Fellowship, one is led to participate in a "Sanctification" Ordinance called the SACRAMENT. It is here that we "set ourselves apart" - in another way. The result is "having His Spirit" to be with you. The Creator has power over the creation and in conjunction with previous "spiritual" endowments, the Spirit of Christ - by virtue of HIS power changes us from within, teaching us about the true nature of love. Thusly our natures are changed and we begin to THINK and FEEL as Christ would and does. In the "Radio Station Analogy," The Savior who has been identified as the "Chief Operations Officer" takes over the airwaves in conjunction with the Holy Ghost and the "quickening" occurs; the "frequencies" of the station increase.
“I shall not attempt to paint to you the feelings of this heart, nor the majestic beauty and glory which surrounded us on this occasion; but you will believe me when I say, that earth, nor men, with the eloquence of time, cannot begin to clothe language in as interesting and sublime a manner as this holy personage. No; nor has this earth power to give the joy, to bestow the peace, or comprehend the wisdom which was contained in each sentence as they were delivered by the power of the Holy Spirit! Man may deceive his fellow-men, deception may follow deception, and the children of the wicked one may have power to seduce the foolish and untaught, till naught but fiction feeds the many, and the fruit of falsehood carries in its current the giddy to the grave; but one touch with the finger of his love, yes, one ray of glory from the upper world, or one word from the mouth of the Savior, from the bosom of eternity, strikes it all into insignificance, and blots it forever from the mind. The assurance that we were in the presence of an angel, the certainty that we heard the voice of Jesus, and the truth unsullied as it flowed from a pure personage, dictated by the will of God, is to me past description, and I shall ever look upon this expression of the Savior’s goodness with wonder and thanksgiving while I am permitted to tarry; and in those mansions where perfection dwells and sin never comes, I hope to adore in that day which shall never cease.”—Messenger and Advocate, vol. 1 (October 1834), pp. 14–16.
2 Nephi 32:5 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.
6 Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh. And when he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh, the things which he shall say unto you shall ye observe to do.
7 And now I, Nephi, cannot say more; the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men; for they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can be.
One need recognize that "manifesting himself in the flesh" may have a couple of meanings . . . one proceeding the other. To understand, please ask yourself the following question, in the first instance: "Whose flesh?" In the realization of this thing, the "progressive" process may become apparent.

3.) Emulation: LIKE BEGETS LIKE.
2 Corinthians 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.
16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.
17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
God bless you all who read this . . . that you may do so with an understanding heart and that the mysteries may be unfolded to your view. I have concluded what I was asked to do. I pray that you may "hunger and thirst for knowledge" and that by "quickening" it can change to "hungering and thirsting for righteousness" for . . . by sanctifying yourself - the power is within you. My love and deepest respect. Thank you for your forebearance.

Bruce Gilbert.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

A life without meaning is a life of nothing.
By having no purpose, there's nothing to gain.
When "nothing" is gained as life's only purpose,
life then becomes something in vain.

An "after such a life" is needed to change ones direction;
to consider the emptiness, privation and pain.
Emptiness' shadow is but imperfection;
pointing to purpose in higher plain.
Existence is a gift that comes from above.
Its purpose to learn and share with great love.
We all deserve something greater than nothing;
Peace everlasting - the sign of the Dove.

Having without meaning is the same as not having.
~ Bruce Gilbert ~

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

marc wrote: August 30th, 2017, 12:01 pm
Jesus promised to give if you ask, seek, and knock, that is, if you believe Him. So to repeat Jesus Christ's own words,
When will be that day? Why not begin today?
Another verse 7 :P

Also consider moving next to verse 27.

Alma compares the word unto a seed—It must be planted and nourished—
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/32.27 wrote:
27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
Verse 7 and 27, is there a connection :?:

Apparently so, and experiments are encouraged. Kinda sorta like the one testing 7 years of prosperity.

Prosperity (heavenly definition) and planning ones future, should hopefully be requests construed rightly. Really it sprung from a personal quest to know, what shall I do? So I planted a seed here, as I reasoned (gave place) with others, and indeed it did grow and doth appear to produce fruit (moon shadow plots in 4 dimensions) beyond what any mortal, or group of mortals is capable of.

What experiment will you begin today?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BeNotDeceived wrote: February 8th, 2018, 3:28 pmWhat experiment will you begin today?
Well, personally speaking, I began years ago. It has taken decades of scripture study and a lot of pondering and praying to reach a point where I have seen the many connections (bread crumbs) throughout scripture regarding exercising faith and partaking of the fruit thereof. I have not yet reached that place where I have partaken, but I spend as much time as I am able according to my circumstances to love and serve others. I'm not the person anymore who contends and argues with others who believe differently than me. I rejoice for the people who have accumulated their own wealth of understanding, whatever degree it may be. But as the passages in Ether 4 above emphasize, rending the veil of unbelief is all that matters to me and a big part of the process is loving and serving others, while waiting upon the Lord in patience, brotherly kindness, longsuffering, and charity. I suppose that is what it means to obey the two greatest commandments in the law.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

marc wrote:
BeNotDeceived wrote: February 8th, 2018, 3:28 pmWhat experiment will you begin today?
Well, personally speaking, I began years ago. It has taken decades of scripture study and a lot of pondering and praying to reach a point where I have seen the many connections (bread crumbs) throughout scripture regarding exercising faith and partaking of the fruit thereof. I have not yet reached that place where I have partaken, but I spend as much time as I am able according to my circumstances to love and serve others. I'm not the person anymore who contends and argues with others who believe differently than me. I rejoice for the people who have accumulated their own wealth of understanding, whatever degree it may be. But as the passages in Ether 4 above emphasize, rending the veil of unbelief is all that matters to me and a big part of the process is loving and serving others, while waiting upon the Lord in patience, brotherly kindness, longsuffering, and charity. I suppose that is what it means to obey the two greatest commandments in the law.
2 Peter 1:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Doctrine and Covenants 131:
5 (May 17th, 1843.) The more sure word of prophecy means a man’s knowing that he is sealed up unto eternal life, by revelation and the spirit of prophecy, through the power of the Holy Priesthood.
May you hear that personal declaration and voice.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BruceRGilbert wrote: February 8th, 2018, 4:58 pmMay you hear that personal declaration and voice.
I feel it's time to share this one experience openly. I'm copying a portion of my personal history only to let the reader know that if a person weak as myself can experience this, anyone can. This is not an isolated experience. It is one of many in a series of experiences in my life, which has led to this experience. I would like to share more, and maybe some day, I will. For now, I hope this strengthens the faith of those who are seeking the Lord as I seek Him. From my Book of Remembrance:
Last year, on October 19, 2016 at work, a coworker named Xochitl (pronounced So-cheel with a “soft” L) was assigned to my cell again. Floaters are normally rotated to different areas every day, but for some reason, she was sent to work with me for the second day in a row. I had missed the opportunity to talk to her the day before and maybe there was something I needed to tell her after all, and I missed that opportunity the previous day. She was very quiet and kept to herself.

Without going into detail about what we do at work, which is dull and extremely repetitive, I will just note that a two person team on my cell produces hundreds of parts of airbag inflators per hour. Because it is so monotonous, we are all allowed to listen to our mp3 devices. In some cells, the two teammates chat all day long while they work. In others, the two teammates keep to themselves, listening to their music, audiobooks, etc., and just do their jobs like the robots they operate. And then there are the teammates that have bursts of conversations in between their long spans of listening to their music.

This was not the first time I worked with Xochitl, but though we had seldom worked together, we had gotten to know each other just a little bit. We shared much of the same Mexican background, but unlike myself, bearing a first and last name, Spanish in origin, hers is purely Aztec. And she looks as if she could have been a model for so many of the Aztec murals I have seen in the past. The first time I saw her name, I asked her if she spoke Nahuatl, the native tongue of the people of Central America (Mayans, Aztecs, etc). Besides English she only speaks Spanish and emphasized to me that she was Aztec and not Maya. I tried to explain to her that although they are two different peoples, the language is a common one. So on this day, as we worked minding our own business because she is quiet and not talkative, I thought about these things and I wondered about the Lamanites and just how closely related to them she and I might be. That's when the Lord nudged me. “Talk to her.” I knew that I shouldn't miss the opportunity to talk to her two days in a row. But I had no clue what to tell her. I also thought if it was God telling me to talk to her, He ought to tell me what to talk to her about. “Your testimony.” Well, okay, I guess that's what I needed to do. And that little boy in me who fears or used to fear talking to people cringed a little, but the man in me who loves all God's children was thinking of what to lead with.

“Xochitl, I gotta tell you something. You'll probably think I'm weird when I tell you, but I'm going to tell you anyway,” is what came out of my mouth. It sounded good enough to me. She removed her ear bud and gave me her full attention.

“I talk to God all the time. And sometimes he talks back. Now you might think this is strange, but He wants me to tell you something. Jesus Christ wants you to follow Him.” I wasn't expecting to tell her that either, but that is what came out of my mouth. We both continued processing parts as a few moments of silence (other than then loud noises of machines) passed by. And then she spoke.

“I'm not gonna lie,” she finally spoke. I can't quite remember everything that she told me, but to paraphrase, she explained that she had prayed before to God but it had been a while because she thought God wasn't listening so she stopped praying. She told me that she was baptized into the Jehovah's Witnesses church and sometimes she would go to church when her friends invited her, but it didn't happen very often. She then explained to me that when she was seven years old, she asked her mother to take her to the Jehovah's Witnesses church and her mother liked it so much that she joined. If I recall correctly, her mother doesn't go much anymore and she just kind of lost touch. It was then that I told her that I was baptized into the Mormon church and that my Mom grew up Catholic, but then joined the Mormon church and served a mission and I had served a mission, too. And although I am a Mormon, following Jesus Christ is all that matters to me. I explained to her briefly what the Book of Mormon was about, who the Lamanites were, and that most importantly, it was a witness of Jesus Christ.

She asked me how I talked to God. I told her that I directed all my thoughts to Him and that when I wake up in the mornings, I get down on my knees and thank Him for a new day, that I share my thoughts with Him, talk to Him about things and about family and friends. I ask Him if there is anyone I can help, things like that. I told her that sometimes God will tell me to go somewhere like the day before, when I went to Wal-Mart, I was going to take a certain route, but He told me to go a different way. When I got to the parking lot, I saw a man with a cardboard sign who needed help. I went inside and bought what I needed and when I went back out, he was still there and I gave him everything I had in my wallet. I told her that I don't worry about what he will spend it on like some people do who don't give because they judge him. I told her, I just love people and help. It's between them and God what they do with the money. She agreed that this is the way it should be.

She asked me if anyone else in my family talked to God the way I do. I told her that I believed my youngest sister does. She lost her husband and is raising four little ones and just recently took in a homeless teenaged boy after guidance from the Lord. I could tell she was touched by the things I shared with her. I told Xochitl that God has always been listening to her prayers and now she knows. I told her that now it was up to her to find Jesus. There was about a half hour left of the work day, which resumed in relative silence, she with her music, and me with mine.

I spent the rest of the time pondering our conversation and knowing how important it was that I talked to her as the Lord directed. As I walked to my vehicle in the parking lot after clocking out for the day, still pondering what had just happened, going over our conversation again in my mind, I heard another distinct, still small voice interrupt my thoughts say, “Today, I covenant with thee, thou shalt have eternal life.” As the words sunk in, I began to feel so much joy in my heart. It had been twenty-seven years, almost to the month, if not exactly to the day, that I have desired this “anchor to my soul” as described by Joseph Smith. This is what the Lord had taught me in Germany. But Satan is always there to try and make me doubt. Throughout the remainder of the day, doubt began to set in, making me question whether I had heard it or if it was my own imagination. The following morning, the moment I woke up, I heard the words, “wherefore doubt?” It is so easy to doubt especially by someone weak as me. During His mortal ministry, Jesus lamented how much unbelief and lack of faith existed among the Jews. There is a difference between believing in Jesus and believing Jesus. There comes a point where one must believe and act like one believes with faith. After all, faith is what motivates one to move forward and keep moving forward...

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

And so it has been:
Hebrews 11:
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

letsjet wrote: August 28th, 2017, 3:48 am You asked the question, "Will the Gentiles repent?" The answer is YES!

It's not real clear, but Ether 4:6 says that the Gentiles will repent and Ether 4:7 says that they will have the faith of the brother of Jared. This repentance will take please before the Millennium because the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon will come forth in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times in part because of their repentance.

In 1 Nephi 14:5 an angel tells Nephi that he has "beheld" what would happen if the Gentiles repent. So if we read verses 1-4 we can read what Nephi saw in his vision. Nephi saw that the pit dug for the Gentiles will be filled by those evil people who dug the pit on the condition that the Gentiles repent.

Next we go to 1 Nephi 22:14. Here it says that any nation that makes war against the house of Israel will fight amongst themselves. It also says that they will fall into the pit that they dug to ensnare the people of the Lord.

This scripture is not conditional on repentance it is a clear statement of prophecy. It doesn't mention the Gentiles instead it uses the terms "house of Israel" and "people of the Lord." Those two terms are used because if the Gentiles repent then they become the people of the Lord. Most Gentiles are descendants of Joseph which already makes them of the house of Israel.

So I think it is pretty clear that the Gentiles will repent! Evil people will fall into the Pit that they dug for the people of the Lord. That's a done deal. Ephraim is supposed to bless the earth in the latter-days. I believe that millions of Gentiles will repent, become the people of the Lord, have the faith of the brother of Jared, join the true Church and make the world a better place before the Millennium takes place.

The Dispensation of the Fullness of Times is the only Dispensation that does not end in apostasy. There will be millions of righteous people on the earth waiting to greet the Lord at His Second Coming.
And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.

We, "gentiles" as a whole have sinned against the Gospel. We as "gentiles" have rejected the fulness of His Gospel. We as "gentiles" are lifted up in pride above all the people of the whole earth. We as "Gentiles" are filled with all manner of iniquity, lyings, deceits, mischiefs, hypocrisy, murders, priestcrafts, whoredoms and secret abominations. And that is in our church also.
At the same time we are also like Laman and Lemuel:
"And we know that the people who were in the land of Jerusalem were a righteous people; for they kept the statutes and judgments of the Lord, and all his commandments, according to the law of Moses; wherefore, we know that they are a righteous people; and our father hath judged them.......

Yes a "remnant" of the gentiles does repent according to scriptures, but, a "remnant" is a very small portion of the whole. We, as a "whole" church have not progressed or advanced since the days of Joseph spiritually......Financially yes, members yes, but , we have not advanced in the Gospel of the Son, but rather we have rejected the fullness thereof. And we are declining morally at a very rapid rate. Our hearts are set upon the things of this world.
I would say the biggest glaring evidence is the fact that to this day we are not "one" , we do not esteem our brothers as ourselves, we call each other brother, but yet we have extremely rich and extremely poor. And Christ very clearly and plainly points out that " if we are not "one" we are not His. And " it is not givin that one man should possess that which is above another wherefore the whole world lieth in sin".
Again as a whole, not individually. IMHO....

Eliza R Snow was most definitely inspired in the writing of these poetic verses. And that was clear back around 150 years ago, are we there yet?

1Awake, ye Saints of God, awake!
Call on the Lord in mighty prayer
That he will Zion’s bondage break
And bring to naught the tempter’s snare,
And bring to naught the tempter’s snare.
2. Tho Zion’s foes have counseled deep,
Although they bind with fetters strong,
The God of Jacob does not sleep;
His vengeance will not slumber long;
His vengeance will not slumber long.
3. With constant faith and fervent prayer,
With deep humility of soul,
With steadfast mind and heart, prepare
To see th’eternal purpose roll,
To see th’eternal purpose roll.
4. Awake to righteousness; be one,
Or, saith the Lord, “Ye are not mine!”