Upwardthought blog on the Denver Snuffer movment;

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Re: Upwardthought blog on the Denver Snuffer movment;

Post by Seek the Truth »

Thomas wrote: September 9th, 2017, 7:07 pm
Jesef said: That is a distortion of my continuity interpretation.
But it was given to others, wasn't it? Hundreds of thousands of others.

Like I said, reread the scripture, in context. It is a dispensing of Priesthood not a dispensing of Lording it over people
Either way you are in violation of the teachings of Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ.

jdt
captain of 100

Post by jdt »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 9th, 2017, 7:06 pm
jdt wrote: September 9th, 2017, 7:00 pm
Seek the Truth wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:50 pm It's very simple Thomas. Did the LDS Church lose the Priesthood or not. You will not be able to evade this question with your deceptions and evasions.

Yes or no.

Edit: Keep in mind you have said both.
Churches don't hold priesthood, only individuals do.
There has never been any ambiguity to this either. You listen to the wrong sources for information. The problem is there are many who don't know who project their own thinking onto others and this caused widespread mis-information.
Your argument is with Thomas, Denver Snuffer, Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ, not me.
Would you like me to point out the incorrect claims about the remnant movement you have made? Not ones that are matter of opinion but you flatly claiming things are taught that are simply not taught.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Thomas said the priesthoods were lost to the Church. Just scroll up. Denver has said the same. Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ in scripture speak of the Church as a group and individually. You are simply wrong. You need to argue with them.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 9th, 2017, 5:47 pm
Thomas wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:53 pm
Seek the Truth wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:50 pm It's very simple Thomas. Did the LDS Church lose the Priesthood or not. You will not be able to evade this question with your deceptions and evasions.

Yes or no.

Edit: Keep in mind you have said both.
Read D&C 84. It is the same thing that to happened the LDS. Lost the greater priesthood first. Lost the lesser in 2014. Those faithful to their priesthood retain it. Priesthood exists outside of the church.

See the story of King Noah and Alma. Also Lehi and numerous others that have followed this same pattern
That would require a new dispensation and a new Kingdom. You have violated the teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. You are in apostasy.

Also, Joseph Smith stated the Aaronic Priesthood would never be lost specifically.

69 Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah, I confer the Priesthood of Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels, and of the gospel of repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall never be taken again from the earth until the sons of Levi do offer again an offering unto the Lord in righteousness.

You are in violation of revealed truth.
Still here. I have it.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

So do I. I also have the Melchizedek Priesthood and I am in full fellowship with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

AI2.0 wrote: September 9th, 2017, 4:18 pm
Thomas wrote: September 8th, 2017, 2:35 pm
Ezekiel 33. 6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand.
God has warned me and told me this scripture applies to me. If I do not warn you and others, the sin is on my head.
Guess what Thomas, many on this forum recognize that this scriptures applies to us too. If you and Underdog continue to come here to LDSFF and preach Snufferism, we will be following the same directive and warning YOU. Granted, I don't have a problem with arguing Snufferism, I'm happy to do it if it helps keep others from being seduced by this charlatan. If you are bored on the Remnant forums and you'd rather come here, fine with me, but if you're going to defend Snuffer and his Remnant claims, you'd better expect to have your feet held to the fire as we point out how wrong you were to leave the Lord's true church for this fake non-church break off sect that Denver Snuffer has started to salve his bruised ego...

If you are wise, you will consider carefully the challenges against Snuffer and his claims, you'll make sure that he is what you seem believe he is and what he claims to be, because if you find out he's an imposter down the road, serious eternal damage can be done to your loved ones and to your own spiritual well-being.

Thank you for your warning. I take it quite seriously. I know what is at stake. I have prayed at least 1,000 times about it. How many times have you prayed about it? It wasn't easy to make this transition.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Personally, I think praying about it 1000 times is your first clue.

From memory, you have never liked the LDS Church, either culturally or the leadership while liking some aspects of "Mormonism". My guess is you had a very negative experience with some Church members, maybe a Stake President, something along the way made you dislike it. Fair enough. However I think this is misguided.

Having observed you my guess is subconsciously you have been looking for this, a way to be a Mormon without being a Mormon for quite a while whether you know it or not. Snufferism put a form on it.

However the truth isn't what we want it to be, it is on it's own. What myself and others are saying is that Snufferite doctrine is scripturally invalid, no matter how enticing it is to a discontent. I'm sure it is enticing as catnip, unfortunately it doesn't overcome it's anti scriptural teaching.

Personally I would say I think we would need to get to the root; the cause of your antipathy to Mormon people.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Personally, I can relate somewhat.

When I was much younger a powerful member of the Church had the ability to destroy my life. There was a window of time where I was under his influence and for whatever reason he wanted to destroy me. LUCKILY, through my wits I evaded his power and was delivered. However, it had effect on me.

As life went on I would occasionally come across people who had similar experiences who left the Church. As I came across more of these I became puzzled because it never entered my mind to leave the Church.

At a certain point I realized that I had a testimony of the Church that others just didn't have. WHen I was baptized by fire I was shown that Ezra Taft Benson was the true Prophet of God. It was settled in my mind, forever. And I have other such experiences with other leaders. But it was a settled issue. I could be molested by someone and I wouldn't doubt the Church.

Other people don't have this apparently. It's important to obtain.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Now praying is Bad?

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Lol. You can barely type a sentence without twisting something or deceiving. That might be why it takes you 1000 prayers to get an "answer". Good luck with that.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Thomas wrote: September 9th, 2017, 7:31 pmIt wasn't easy to make this transition.
Triple Amen to that. I had to decide if following only Christ was worth being cast out of the Church I had grown up in and had completely believed in. Which is most important? Follow the things that the Lord was teaching me or the things that the Church was teaching (which things were continually changing, uncertain ground). Who to listen to? What God was telling my mind and heart or other people (no matter what religion or movement they may profess to be part of)?