Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

Re: Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

Post by LdsMarco »

Tbmbro wrote: January 18th, 2017, 8:41 pm However there are some definite red flags. He doesn't outright fault the Church, but does have a few insinuations that they aren't completely on the right track. He also claims in his book that the Lord told him to pay his Tithing a different way. (Directly to revealed needy families rather than to the Bishop.) This caused him to lose his temple recommend. He seems to indicate that this was almost an Abrahamic test of sorts that led to him receiving the Second Comforter. I think I would be fine with this because Abrahamic tests starting with Abraham have always seemed pretty contradictory (I mean God literally told Abraham to sacrifice his son, not exactly orthodox or easy). For his part, he says he still attends Church and admits that it is mostly true. He's definitely one of the remnant folks.
This seems to be a bit suspicious to me due to the fact that Abraham was being tested but then he was stopped. The thought of having him stop doing temple work also bothers me. We all know the earth would be utterly wasted if we do not do the work. So it's very contradicting if you ask me.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Red flags all over the place for this guy. Somebody shared his last book on another website so I thought I would take a gander. The false teachings and mostly interpretation of scripture are so false it's staggering. I guess he started with two books that seemed in line of what the church teaches and then the last book just kind of goes off the wagon - however he says you can't read the last book without reading the first two. Yeah that makes sense - You have to be suckered in step by step or you won't get it - right gotcha.

How people fall for this stuff is beyond me - Satan works every angle in the book because he knows that what deceives one person will not deceive the next.

For anyone wanting to follow this guy - take a pass, you will be happy you didn't kill your time.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

We were warned that in the last days false prophets, false teachers and false christs would arise to deceive, if possible (and obviously it IS possible and has been since the beginning) even the very elect. Those who THINK they are the 'elect', who THINK they've seen Christ, and when they do, this IMPOSTER leads them to violate covenants, break commandments and leave the Lord's true church. Then they try to take others away as well to follow after lies. Can it be any more clear that we are seeing the fulfillment of this warning prophecy given so many years ago?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I'll bite. I just discovered this topic. I've just finished reading all his books. Because of my own experiences, I believe him. He never asked anyone to believe him, though. Not everyone will seek the Lord the way the Lord has admonished (Ether 4). Not everyone desires the Second Comforter. We are given according to our desires or not our desires. The Lord will cheerfully not grant to you His presence if you do not want it.

Abraham was stopped by the angel. Nephi wasn't. What the Lord requires of one, He may not require of another. Trials are as unique as the individual and his/her own weaknesses and/or willingness to follow the Lord. The point and purpose of this author is to help those who seek the Lord as the brother of Jared did.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

AI2.0 wrote: January 24th, 2017, 9:53 am
Tbmbro wrote:Hi friends, I've been following this bloghttps://purerevelations.wordpress.com for around a year or so, and I wanted to know your thoughts on it.

The author, who remains anonymous, has claimed to receive his Baptism of Fire and the Second Comforter. He posts occasionally and has written a book https://www.amazon.com/How-Have-Your-Se ... B01G7B1B12 detailing his experience and some techniques to help individuals get there as well.

For the most part I like the blog, he always tells people to confirm what he says with the Lord and mostly posts spiritually uplifting things and interesting ways to look at gospel ideas.

However there are some definite red flags. He doesn't outright fault the Church, but does have a few insinuations that they aren't completely on the right track. He also claims in his book that the Lord told him to pay his Tithing a different way. (Directly to revealed needy families rather than to the Bishop.) This caused him to lose his temple recommend. He seems to indicate that this was almost an Abrahamic test of sorts that led to him receiving the Second Comforter. I think I would be fine with this because Abrahamic tests starting with Abraham have always seemed pretty contradictory (I mean God literally told Abraham to sacrifice his son, not exactly orthodox or easy). For his part, he says he still attends Church and admits that it is mostly true. He's definitely one of the remnant folks.

I'm very hesitant about these kind of blogs because of the whole Denver Snuffer situation. I don't want to get roped in by a charlatan who claims they alone are in the right way, while the leaders of the Church are wrong. However, I do feel that reading the posts have been a positive influence on my spirituality. I feel that I read more, pray better, and really seek more to have a relationship with my father in heaven.

What are your thoughts. Is it a net good or a net bad? Cheers!
This is a blog by someone who is either a follower of Denver Snuffer or cut from the same spiritual cloth as him. I'd say RUN AWAY FAST if you don't want to find yourself lost and outside the Lord's only true church on the earth.

I think you will find that those who are outside the church, critics of the church and Denver Snuffer Devotees will love this blog(you are new so be warned that we have many Denver Snuffer devotees here--which they will deny-- and they will definitely like this blog and its sentiments. Heck, the author is likely a forum member....unless the author is you trying to get more readers ;) ).

Those, like me, who believe that the LDS church is guided by the Lord's prophet and his apostles and has the priesthood authority from God and the saving ordinances, will avoid this and other blogs like it, like the plague. A spiritual plague--and I am not kidding.
Your expressions A12.0--- made me think of similar expressions made with in the church towared Lehi and Samuel. A12.0, you strike me as a very logical person. No matter how wonderful the church is in many respects, the fact remains, the condemnation has not been lifted and a cleansing is knocking at the door. for that very reason alone, some if not many course corrections are needed. If we are yoked to man that's a tough pill to swallow. If we are Yoke to Christ, come what may, we desire for his will to manifest. Even if that means we testify on a perilous wall with arrows shot at us, or leave the comforts of luxury and wealth and enter into a hostile forest to suffer deprivations.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Jared if in fact one is yoked to Christ why in the world would they act in rebellion against His restored church and the sacred covenant made in the temple to give of their time talents and resources to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in order to build up the Kingdom of God on earth? That would be a logical fallacy in thinking to follow such a conflicted path. Those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit would never do so. This blogger has clearly become neutralized by the adversaries plan to distract and lead people away from the Lords church and temple. He took the bait. Why would you want to do likewise? Perhaps this song will help. Don't be taken in by trying to steady the ark. It won't end well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:43 am Jared if in fact one is yoked to Christ why in the world would they act in rebellion against His restored church and the sacred covenant made in the temple to give of their time talents and resources to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in order to build up the Kingdom of God on earth? That would be a logical fallacy in thinking to follow such a conflicted path. Those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit would never do so. This blogger has clearly become neutralized by the adversaries plan to distract and lead people away from the Lords church and temple. He took the bait. Why would you want to do likewise? Perhaps this song will help. Don't be taken in by trying to steady the ark. It won't end well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

Stay yoked to Christ Mark, as will I.

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

I don't read this blog but may start based on some of the negative reactions by self-assured saints.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

I have a problem when someone professes to say they have received their calling and election.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I don't.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:05 am I don't read this blog but may start based on some of the negative reactions by self-assured saints.
HaHa - well that goes without saying doesn't it? Isn't that how Snuffer gained his followers...

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

e-eye2.0 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:24 pm
mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:05 am I don't read this blog but may start based on some of the negative reactions by self-assured saints.
HaHa - well that goes without saying doesn't it? Isn't that how Snuffer gained his followers...
Snuffer gained his followers by being the dissonant preacher type. But I don't think he's ever said/written anything this as interesting as this:

"I asked about the mother of Adam and Eve in this world. I wanted to know about her and where she came from. I saw a dark-skinned woman. She reminded me of a beautiful woman from India. She was tall with long dark hair. I was told she came on a vessel from another world with two other couples. Their vessel contained many different animals and species, like an ark. They brought their knowledge with them. I was told there were five arks from different worlds that came to this earth. Each settled a different part of the world. They were led here by the angels of God. Once they landed, their vessels were disassembled and destroyed. Adam and Eve and the people who nurtured them settled in the area of North America. The mother of Adam and Eve in the flesh was named Shiffrin and her husband, Shokula. The names sound strange, but that’s what I was given."
(p.30, A Witness of the Temporal Dispensations)

My decision to start reading the Pure Revelation blog has proven exciting!

leisure_59
captain of 10

Post by leisure_59 »

You have just started on a fantastic journey of truth and light, mcusick! Be sure to study Anonymous' explanation of the Book of Moses...it will assist you in going deeper in understanding the endowment ceremony.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:59 pm
Snuffer gained his followers by being the dissonant preacher type. But I don't think he's ever said/written anything this as interesting as this:

"I asked about the mother of Adam and Eve in this world. I wanted to know about her and where she came from. I saw a dark-skinned woman. She reminded me of a beautiful woman from India. She was tall with long dark hair. I was told she came on a vessel from another world with two other couples. Their vessel contained many different animals and species, like an ark. They brought their knowledge with them. I was told there were five arks from different worlds that came to this earth. Each settled a different part of the world. They were led here by the angels of God. Once they landed, their vessels were disassembled and destroyed. Adam and Eve and the people who nurtured them settled in the area of North America. The mother of Adam and Eve in the flesh was named Shiffrin and her husband, Shokula. The names sound strange, but that’s what I was given."

The guy is obviously on his way out of the church if he hasnt already withdrawn or been exed. If you are interested in following his path knock yourself out. It's called the sifting process. Many have already and will shortly join the bandwagon. The internet sites are overflowing with them.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

You'll probably enjoy it.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:07 pm

The guy is obviously on his way out of the church if he hasnt already withdrawn or been exed. If you are interested in following his path knock yourself out. It's called the sifting process. Many have already and will shortly join the bandwagon. The internet sites are overflowing with them.
He believes that God (he identifies later as 'the Lord') is revealing his will to him and a while ago, Jesus apparently told him to pay tithing in a different way...which as I see it, essentially meant that 'Jesus' told him to not pay tithing. Because he stopped paying his tithing, he no longer has a temple recommend and therefore can not attend the temple anymore. So, as a believing member of the LDS church, whose Prophet, Pres. Nelson, just admonished us yesterday (his first public message of his Presidency) to stay on the Covenant Path(including the covenants of The Temple). And I'm supposed to believe, per Anonymous of supposedly 'Pure Revelations' blog, that Jesus doesn't want him to pay his tithing or attend the temple. If I have a testimony that the CofJCofLDS is the Lord's true church, then this 'revelation' Anonymous received is ridiculous. It directly contradicts the counsel of a true Prophet of God.

Yes, tragically, he's on his way out of the church. His writings will appeal to those who are out of the church or are following one of the many paths that lead away and eventually out of the church. To those who care to nurture their testimony of the gospel of our church and the counsel of our LDS Prophets and don't have a desire to leave the path that leads to the Tree of Life, as Lehi observed, this blog is not for them.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Sounds a lot like Julie Rowe.

That's all Satan can really go for is shock and awe with a little awesome in there. It's hard to lure people away from the truth once they have tasted and learned by the spirit.

Denver Snuffer gained a following by offering something similar but in a different manner. He was more knowledge based in his false doctrine and this guy is more excitement based. Two paths to gather two different groups of people that lead to the same end. Scratch is pretty smart.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:59 pm Snuffer gained his followers by being the dissonant preacher type. But I don't think he's ever said/written anything this as interesting as this:

In another thread, I called Julie Rowe's writings and podcasts Mormon fanfiction. The same classification applies here.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I think it says in the Bible that at some point the overcomers will be given a white stone and will be able to access wisdom, truth, history, and learning through it.

If people start receiving their white stone and learning through it, do we really expect them to find that history and truth lines up with the distorted versions we have here on earth? Maybe these people don't need the church because the church is training wheels. Maybe the rest of us are still on the training wheels and blaming those who graduated and don't need them anymore.

It can still be Jesus' church, but being a member of the church ought to help us move up the spiritual ladder and not be the end in and of itself.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Juliet wrote: January 17th, 2018, 1:40 pm I think it says in the Bible that at some point the overcomers will be given a white stone and will be able to access wisdom, truth, history, and learning through it.

If people start receiving their white stone and learning through it, do we really expect them to find that history and truth lines up with the distorted versions we have here on earth? Maybe these people don't need the church because the church is training wheels. Maybe the rest of us are still on the training wheels and blaming those who graduated and don't need them anymore.

It can still be Jesus' church, but being a member of the church ought to help us move up the spiritual ladder and not be the end in and of itself.
It's called spiritual elitism Sister. Developing a broken heart and a contrite spirit leads you TOWARD additional service in Christs church and kingdom here on earth, not away from it. Best figure that out before some charlatan takes you down the path of deception and sorrow.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Mark wrote: January 17th, 2018, 2:17 pm
Juliet wrote: January 17th, 2018, 1:40 pm I think it says in the Bible that at some point the overcomers will be given a white stone and will be able to access wisdom, truth, history, and learning through it.

It's called spiritual elitism Sister. Developing a broken heart and a contrite spirit leads you TOWARD additional service in Christs church and kingdom here on earth, not away from it. Best figure that out before some charlatan takes you down the path of deception and sorrow.
Is it elitism to share your experiences with others or is that service? Is it elitism to express condemnation toward others experiences or is it service?

Elitism seems to exist wherever one goes depending on one's beliefs.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Tbmbro wrote: January 18th, 2017, 8:41 pm However there are some definite red flags. He doesn't outright fault the Church, but does have a few insinuations that they aren't completely on the right track. He also claims in his book that the Lord told him to pay his Tithing a different way. (Directly to revealed needy families rather than to the Bishop.) This caused him to lose his temple recommend. He seems to indicate that this was almost an Abrahamic test of sorts that led to him receiving the Second Comforter. I think I would be fine with this because Abrahamic tests starting with Abraham have always seemed pretty contradictory (I mean God literally told Abraham to sacrifice his son, not exactly orthodox or easy). For his part, he says he still attends Church and admits that it is mostly true. He's definitely one of the remnant folks.
This was one of the things that made me connect with PR more and has helped validate other things I’ve read. (I recently finished reading PRs first book on the Second Comforter btw)

I’m curious to read the rest of this thread.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Mcox wrote: January 20th, 2017, 6:52 pm Apostate, stay away from this false teacher.
LOL…. LOL… I have to chuckle at what this person would think of me. :)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

DesertWonderer wrote: January 22nd, 2017, 3:31 pm Never go back to this blog site.
Given recent events in the church, maybe you should check out this blog again. :)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

LDS Physician wrote: January 23rd, 2017, 4:00 am I'd have to say that if a person's revelations lead them to be unable to enter the temple that the revelations are false.
Crazy what a little time and experience can do… ;)