Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Re: Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

Post by e-eye2.0 »

mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:05 am I don't read this blog but may start based on some of the negative reactions by self-assured saints.
HaHa - well that goes without saying doesn't it? Isn't that how Snuffer gained his followers...

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

e-eye2.0 wrote: January 16th, 2018, 2:24 pm
mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:05 am I don't read this blog but may start based on some of the negative reactions by self-assured saints.
HaHa - well that goes without saying doesn't it? Isn't that how Snuffer gained his followers...
Snuffer gained his followers by being the dissonant preacher type. But I don't think he's ever said/written anything this as interesting as this:

"I asked about the mother of Adam and Eve in this world. I wanted to know about her and where she came from. I saw a dark-skinned woman. She reminded me of a beautiful woman from India. She was tall with long dark hair. I was told she came on a vessel from another world with two other couples. Their vessel contained many different animals and species, like an ark. They brought their knowledge with them. I was told there were five arks from different worlds that came to this earth. Each settled a different part of the world. They were led here by the angels of God. Once they landed, their vessels were disassembled and destroyed. Adam and Eve and the people who nurtured them settled in the area of North America. The mother of Adam and Eve in the flesh was named Shiffrin and her husband, Shokula. The names sound strange, but that’s what I was given."
(p.30, A Witness of the Temporal Dispensations)

My decision to start reading the Pure Revelation blog has proven exciting!

leisure_59
captain of 10

Post by leisure_59 »

You have just started on a fantastic journey of truth and light, mcusick! Be sure to study Anonymous' explanation of the Book of Moses...it will assist you in going deeper in understanding the endowment ceremony.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:59 pm
Snuffer gained his followers by being the dissonant preacher type. But I don't think he's ever said/written anything this as interesting as this:

"I asked about the mother of Adam and Eve in this world. I wanted to know about her and where she came from. I saw a dark-skinned woman. She reminded me of a beautiful woman from India. She was tall with long dark hair. I was told she came on a vessel from another world with two other couples. Their vessel contained many different animals and species, like an ark. They brought their knowledge with them. I was told there were five arks from different worlds that came to this earth. Each settled a different part of the world. They were led here by the angels of God. Once they landed, their vessels were disassembled and destroyed. Adam and Eve and the people who nurtured them settled in the area of North America. The mother of Adam and Eve in the flesh was named Shiffrin and her husband, Shokula. The names sound strange, but that’s what I was given."

The guy is obviously on his way out of the church if he hasnt already withdrawn or been exed. If you are interested in following his path knock yourself out. It's called the sifting process. Many have already and will shortly join the bandwagon. The internet sites are overflowing with them.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

You'll probably enjoy it.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:07 pm

The guy is obviously on his way out of the church if he hasnt already withdrawn or been exed. If you are interested in following his path knock yourself out. It's called the sifting process. Many have already and will shortly join the bandwagon. The internet sites are overflowing with them.
He believes that God (he identifies later as 'the Lord') is revealing his will to him and a while ago, Jesus apparently told him to pay tithing in a different way...which as I see it, essentially meant that 'Jesus' told him to not pay tithing. Because he stopped paying his tithing, he no longer has a temple recommend and therefore can not attend the temple anymore. So, as a believing member of the LDS church, whose Prophet, Pres. Nelson, just admonished us yesterday (his first public message of his Presidency) to stay on the Covenant Path(including the covenants of The Temple). And I'm supposed to believe, per Anonymous of supposedly 'Pure Revelations' blog, that Jesus doesn't want him to pay his tithing or attend the temple. If I have a testimony that the CofJCofLDS is the Lord's true church, then this 'revelation' Anonymous received is ridiculous. It directly contradicts the counsel of a true Prophet of God.

Yes, tragically, he's on his way out of the church. His writings will appeal to those who are out of the church or are following one of the many paths that lead away and eventually out of the church. To those who care to nurture their testimony of the gospel of our church and the counsel of our LDS Prophets and don't have a desire to leave the path that leads to the Tree of Life, as Lehi observed, this blog is not for them.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Sounds a lot like Julie Rowe.

That's all Satan can really go for is shock and awe with a little awesome in there. It's hard to lure people away from the truth once they have tasted and learned by the spirit.

Denver Snuffer gained a following by offering something similar but in a different manner. He was more knowledge based in his false doctrine and this guy is more excitement based. Two paths to gather two different groups of people that lead to the same end. Scratch is pretty smart.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

mcusick wrote: January 16th, 2018, 4:59 pm Snuffer gained his followers by being the dissonant preacher type. But I don't think he's ever said/written anything this as interesting as this:

In another thread, I called Julie Rowe's writings and podcasts Mormon fanfiction. The same classification applies here.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I think it says in the Bible that at some point the overcomers will be given a white stone and will be able to access wisdom, truth, history, and learning through it.

If people start receiving their white stone and learning through it, do we really expect them to find that history and truth lines up with the distorted versions we have here on earth? Maybe these people don't need the church because the church is training wheels. Maybe the rest of us are still on the training wheels and blaming those who graduated and don't need them anymore.

It can still be Jesus' church, but being a member of the church ought to help us move up the spiritual ladder and not be the end in and of itself.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Juliet wrote: January 17th, 2018, 1:40 pm I think it says in the Bible that at some point the overcomers will be given a white stone and will be able to access wisdom, truth, history, and learning through it.

If people start receiving their white stone and learning through it, do we really expect them to find that history and truth lines up with the distorted versions we have here on earth? Maybe these people don't need the church because the church is training wheels. Maybe the rest of us are still on the training wheels and blaming those who graduated and don't need them anymore.

It can still be Jesus' church, but being a member of the church ought to help us move up the spiritual ladder and not be the end in and of itself.
It's called spiritual elitism Sister. Developing a broken heart and a contrite spirit leads you TOWARD additional service in Christs church and kingdom here on earth, not away from it. Best figure that out before some charlatan takes you down the path of deception and sorrow.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Mark wrote: January 17th, 2018, 2:17 pm
Juliet wrote: January 17th, 2018, 1:40 pm I think it says in the Bible that at some point the overcomers will be given a white stone and will be able to access wisdom, truth, history, and learning through it.

It's called spiritual elitism Sister. Developing a broken heart and a contrite spirit leads you TOWARD additional service in Christs church and kingdom here on earth, not away from it. Best figure that out before some charlatan takes you down the path of deception and sorrow.
Is it elitism to share your experiences with others or is that service? Is it elitism to express condemnation toward others experiences or is it service?

Elitism seems to exist wherever one goes depending on one's beliefs.