Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Re: Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

Post by diligently seeking »

BackBlast wrote: August 4th, 2017, 1:33 pm I do try to be a believing sort, and I gave this blog a try. I believe my participation here has shown that I'm generally supportive of people seeking the face of our Lord. The resulting experiences in my life has prompted me to offer a caution to others about this blog. Honestly this is difficult for me to post, but I believe it true and this is the best place to put it.

I felt strongly enough about my experience I wrote a more detailed critique here https://purerevelationscheck.wordpress.com/

Essentially this one appears to be using subtle means to set himself up among those who seek such things. My impression from my spiritual experiences is that he is spiritually dangerous. These are my thoughts.
B.B.--- No Doubt purerevelations experience / information is over the top / much out of the norm in regards to our modern LDS narrative. As you share your negative sentiments about p.r. fellow / info-- so ( many could argue) were the sentiments of those in the church during the time of Samuel the lamanite putting himself on the wall and declaring God's words... Also, I would be curious to learn about this deceiving spirit that came upon you and why you attributed it to purerevelation information. Multiple times in my life Satan has tried to seize upon me when I was on the cusp of learning new and soon-to-be spiritually ascending truths. If I was not able to discern the dark underworld's intents-- my fear in these moments of attack could have caused me to go the opposite direction back to comfortable regular impulses instead of pushing through and receiving God's will in my life... God has allowed there to be opposing forces almost to the same degree of spiritual affirming forces in our lives as we move forward and strip ourselves through repentance of unbelief.... In regards to the Joseph Smith quote-- I wonder if you could research potentially what he was more fully expressing when he shared the statements of apostasy --rising up against the church Etc-- I think you would be enlightened to more fully understand that quote in the context it was meant to be understood... would love for you to elaborate on some of the bold expressions you gave in regards to persuading others from giving heed to this Anonymous fellow's information / revelations. Thanks, JB

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

"Joseph Smith often spoke about the fallibility of men, he himself repented often and publicly, asking for forgiveness when something was wrong. " Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;

4 For although a man may have many revelations, and have power to do many mighty works, yet if he boasts in his own strength, and sets at naught the counsels of God, and follows after the dictates of his own will and carnal desires, he must fall and incur the vengeance of a just God upon him."

So if a man encourages you to know God directly and not only that but to see Him, what is the red flag? How can that damn you from the Lord? Yes, you will be tested, the adversary will masquerade as God at times, but we must all walk through that fire to Christ if we are to know His Spirit from deceptive spirits. We must all walk our own path to the Lord if we are to become reliant upon His Spirit personally in all things that we do. The original hebrew meaning for Worship is something like "consistent relationship with God". A consistent connection to the Lord within your own heart, not through the medium of another. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3....

The modern LDS like to think of the words of men (lds presidents) as definitive as the Holy Ghost, which misses the mark. We must not rely upon the arm of flesh or your Salvation, The Lord wants us each to know Him directly, prophets simply share messages and gather people to pierce the veil themselves.

"The Two Comforters, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith,comp. Joseph Fielding Smith (SLC: Deseret Book Co., 1938), 149-151.

There are two Comforters spoken of. One is the Holy Ghost, the same as given on the day of Pentecost, and that all Saints receive after faith, repentance, and baptism. This first Comforter or Holy Ghost has no other effect than pure intelligence. It is more powerful in expanding the mind, enlightening the understanding, and storing the intellect with present knowledge, of a man who is of the literal seed of Abraham, than one that is a Gentile, though it may not have half as much visible effect upon the body; for as the Holy Ghost falls upon one of the literal seed of Abraham, it is calm and serene; and his whole soul and body are only exercised by the pure spirit of intelligence; while the effect of the Holy Ghost upon a Gentile, is to purge out the old blood, and make him actually of the seed of Abraham. That man that has none of the blood of Abraham (naturally) must have a new creation by the Holy Ghost. In such a case, there may be more of a powerful effect upon the body, and visible to the eye, than upon an Israelite, while the Israelite at first might be far before the Gentile in pure intelligence.

The Second Comforter

The other Comforter spoken of is a subject of great interest, and perhaps understood by few of this generation. After a person has faith in Christ, repents of his sins, and is baptized for the remission of his sins and receives the Holy Ghost, (by the laying on of hands), which is the first Comforter, then let him continue to humble himself before God, hungering and thirsting after righteousness, and living by every word of God, and the Lord will soon say unto him, Son, thou shalt be exalted.

When the Lord has thoroughly proved him, and finds that the man is determined to serve Him at all hazards, then the man will find his calling and his election made sure, then it will be his privilege to receive the other Comforter, which the Lord hath promised the Saints, as is recorded in the testimony of St. John, in the 14th chapter, from the 12th to the 27th verses.

Note the 16, 17, 18, 21, 23 verses-

Now what is this other Comforter? It is no more nor less than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; and this is the sum and substance of the whole matter; that when any man obtains this last Comforter, he will have the personage of Jesus Christ to attend him, or appear unto him from time to time, and even He will manifest the Father unto him, and they will take up their abode with him, and the visions of the heavens will be opened unto him, and the Lord will teach him face to face, and he may have a perfect knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God; and this is the state and place the ancient Saints arrived at when they had such glorious visions--Isaiah, Ezekiel, John upon the Isle of Patmos, St. Paul in the three heavens, and all the Saints who held communion with the general assembly and Church of the Firstborn..." "suntumbler"

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

"The modern LDS like to think of the words of men (lds presidents) as definitive as the Holy Ghost, which misses the mark. We must not rely upon the arm of flesh or your Salvation, The Lord wants us each to know Him directly, prophets simply share messages and gather people to pierce the veil themselves."

This is such a curious statement Jared. You seem to equate the words of the Prophets directly with the arm of flesh. Why? Do you feel Prophets do not speak under the influence of the Holy Ghost? Has that been your observation in the Kingdom? I sure hope that is not the case. Are you forgetting the Lords words in section 68?

2 And, behold, and lo, this is an ensample unto all those who were ordained unto this priesthood, whose mission is appointed unto them to go forth—

3 And this is the ensample unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost.

4 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.

How do you know if these Prophets are speaking as moved upon by the Holy Ghost? You must have that connection with the spirit yourself of course. This arm of flesh talking point you are alluding to which is spouted continuously by those who love to attack LDS Prophets is misplaced. I have felt the Holy Ghost confirm time and again that these Prophets are speaking under the influence of the Spirit. To me that indicates just exactly what the Lord says it indicates in verse 4. It is the same as If the Lord himself were speaking to me. How exactly would that be missing the mark? Perhaps those who think their words equate to the arm of flesh just need to do some fine tuning with their own spiritual antennas so that they can know for themselves who these Prophets are speaking in behalf of. Maybe they are to occupied looking for fault which seems to be the case with this pure revelations blog and many others out there like it when they should instead be listening for those spiritual promptings themselves? Just sayin..

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Mark wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:38 am "The modern LDS like to think of the words of men (lds presidents) as definitive as the Holy Ghost, which misses the mark. We must not rely upon the arm of flesh or your Salvation, The Lord wants us each to know Him directly, prophets simply share messages and gather people to pierce the veil themselves."

This is such a curious statement Jared. You seem to equate the words of the Prophets directly with the arm of flesh. Why? Do you feel Prophets do not speak under the influence of the Holy Ghost? Has that been your observation in the Kingdom? I sure hope that is not the case. Are you forgetting the Lords words in section 68?

2 And, behold, and lo, this is an ensample unto all those who were ordained unto this priesthood, whose mission is appointed unto them to go forth—

3 And this is the ensample unto them, that they shall speak as they are moved upon by the Holy Ghost.

4 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.

How do you know if these Prophets are speaking as moved upon by the Holy Ghost? You must have that connection with the spirit yourself of course. This arm of flesh talking point you are alluding to which is spouted continuously by those who love to attack LDS Prophets is misplaced. I have felt the Holy Ghost confirm time and again that these Prophets are speaking under the influence of the Spirit. To me that indicates just exactly what the Lord says it indicates in verse 4. It is the same as If the Lord himself were speaking to me. How exactly would that be missing the mark? Perhaps those who think their words equate to the arm of flesh just need to do some fine tuning with their own spiritual antennas so that they can know for themselves who these Prophets are speaking in behalf of. Maybe they are to occupied looking for fault which seems to be the case with this pure revelations blog and many others out there like it when they should instead be listening for those spiritual promptings themselves? Just sayin..

These are fun and interesting times-- huh, my brother?

I personally hunger for God's word and Voice through his Messengers...

However, this is secondary to personal conversion / knowing his revlatory voice for ourselves.

Elder Bednar mention that the oil in the five virgins lamps represented personal conversion.

When we take the Holy Spirit as our guide we are equipped to know truth from error. This scripture -then- takes on the meaning it should for us.

2nephi 28

31 Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Reading this whole chapter in context of our discussion is very instructive.

Mark, we worship a God of infinite power and capacity and desire for us to be one with him.

I would be much more worried about being lulled away thinking all is well in Zion because a source is feeding me all that I need to know vs believing that God will help me to know his voice from the deceivers voice...

Many snares to lead us off into paths of Destruction no doubt are ever present in this second estate. moving forward in righteousness and following Jesus Christ wanting his will and voice to be manifested to us is the result of God's power to help us to have victory over all such stumbling blocks... to think otherwise is to be held back by unbelief.

Deuteronomy 3:22

22 Ye shall not fear them: for the Lord your God he shall fight for you.

2nephi 4:

30 Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
31 O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies? Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of sin?
32 May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my heart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may walk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!
33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine enemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.
34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

We should live to receive the spirit so we can be led personally by the Lord and rejoice as a result when such Spirit confirms that leaders have the mind and will and voice of the Lord. We should also take comfort and confidence in knowing when the spirit confirms that such leaders are amiss... we are God's business. we would do well to trust that he will fight our fights and go before us and lead us to him. :)

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

My responses in blue:
Suntumbler wrote: February 21st, 2017, 1:34 pm The answer is simple. Does it testify of Christ and bring further light and truth into your life? Confirm all things with the Holy Ghost, you can ask people on here but until you go to the Lord directly you won't find a solid confirmation. If you want to know something, ask Him. (in His spirit of peace and love, sot that he may connect with you). I follow the blog as well, one reason he prefers to stay anonymous is because he doesn't want followers to his name, he wants people to take the message directly to God; which is understandable. He's actually not a big Remnant follower, his experiences push against Denver Snuffer on several topics like DS's latest translation of St. John.

Do you know him personally to know who he is? If not, you know nothing about his character. He can still gain followers and be anonymous--if he has people who read his books and follow his blog and follows his teachings, he's got 'followers'. I'm not surprised he not a 'remnant follower' because why should he follow Snuffer when he can claim the same experiences and apparently believes he's receiving plenty of revelation himself and writing books of what he's learned that he doesn't need to listen to Snuffer.

Joseph Smith often spoke about the fallibility of men, he himself repented often and publicly, asking for forgiveness when something was wrong. " Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;

4 For although a man may have many revelations, and have power to do many mighty works, yet if he boasts in his own strength, and sets at naught the counsels of God, and follows after the dictates of his own will and carnal desires, he must fall and incur the vengeance of a just God upon him."

So if a man encourages you to know God directly and not only that but to see Him, what is the red flag? How can that damn you from the Lord? Yes, you will be tested, the adversary will masquerade as God at times, but we must all walk through that fire to Christ if we are to know His Spirit from deceptive spirits. We must all walk our own path to the Lord if we are to become reliant upon His Spirit personally in all things that we do. The original hebrew meaning for Worship is something like "consistent relationship with God". A consistent connection to the Lord within your own heart, not through the medium of another. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3.... You are ignoring the various spirits that can deceive us. Joseph assumed it was understood (it's clear in the scriptures)
that you'd realize that you should still be listening to the Lord's prophets and weighing what you feel is personal revelation by what is taught in the scriptures and the Prophets.

The modern LDS like to think of the words of men (lds presidents) as definitive as the Holy Ghost, no, that's not accurate.
We believe our prophets, when MOVED upon by the holy spirit speak inspired words. We also have a doctrine that God has appointed prophets and apostles to lead the church BY AUTHORITY of the priesthood which they hold.
which misses the mark.actually, only your interpretation and false perception miss the mark. We must not rely upon the arm of flesh or your Salvation, The Lord wants us each to know Him directly, prophets simply share messages and gather people to pierce the veil themselves. We DO know him directly, but we also know that a prophet has a purpose. We hear this often from those who ignore the fact that the LDS church has a doctrine of following prophets. This is so typical of remnant people and those on the fringes who want to create their own religion to suit themselves. This is our religious belief--the Lord leads and guides the church through his prophet and apostles. If you reject this and call it an 'arm of flesh' then you are out of harmony with the teachings and doctrines of the LDS faith. Can those who claim this not figure this out?? it's really simple. Since the day that Joseph Smith organized this church it has been thus--we recognize a prophet at the head of the church who leads and guides the church and is the only one appointed to receive revelation for the church as a whole. You and I and all the others can receive revelation for ourselves and those we have stewardship over. Since the days of Joseph Smith, various men have tried to set themselves up as 'prophets' who know more than the prophet at the head of the church, this pure revelations anonymous writer is no different than those before him.

"The Two Comforters, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith,comp. Joseph Fielding Smith (SLC: Deseret Book Co., 1938), 149-151.

There are two Comforters spoken of. One is the Holy Ghost, the same as given on the day of Pentecost, and that all Saints receive after faith, repentance, and baptism. This first Comforter or Holy Ghost has no other effect than pure intelligence. It is more powerful in expanding the mind, enlightening the understanding, and storing the intellect with present knowledge, of a man who is of the literal seed of Abraham, than one that is a Gentile, though it may not have half as much visible effect upon the body; for as the Holy Ghost falls upon one of the literal seed of Abraham, it is calm and serene; and his whole soul and body are only exercised by the pure spirit of intelligence; while the effect of the Holy Ghost upon a Gentile, is to purge out the old blood, and make him actually of the seed of Abraham. That man that has none of the blood of Abraham (naturally) must have a new creation by the Holy Ghost. In such a case, there may be more of a powerful effect upon the body, and visible to the eye, than upon an Israelite, while the Israelite at first might be far before the Gentile in pure intelligence.

The Second Comforter

The other Comforter spoken of is a subject of great interest, and perhaps understood by few of this generation. After a person has faith in Christ, repents of his sins, and is baptized for the remission of his sins and receives the Holy Ghost, (by the laying on of hands), which is the first Comforter, then let him continue to humble himself before God, hungering and thirsting after righteousness, and living by every word of God, and the Lord will soon say unto him, Son, thou shalt be exalted.

When the Lord has thoroughly proved him, and finds that the man is determined to serve Him at all hazards, then the man will find his calling and his election made sure, then it will be his privilege to receive the other Comforter, which the Lord hath promised the Saints, as is recorded in the testimony of St. John, in the 14th chapter, from the 12th to the 27th verses.

Now what is this other Comforter? It is no more nor less than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; and this is the sum and substance of the whole matter; that when any man obtains this last Comforter, he will have the personage of Jesus Christ to attend him, or appear unto him from time to time, and even He will manifest the Father unto him, and they will take up their abode with him, and the visions of the heavens will be opened unto him, and the Lord will teach him face to face, and he may have a perfect knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God; and this is the state and place the ancient Saints arrived at when they had such glorious visions--Isaiah, Ezekiel, John upon the Isle of Patmos, St. Paul in the three heavens, and all the Saints who held communion with the general assembly and Church of the Firstborn.

The Spirit of Revelation

The Spirit of Revelation is in connection with these blessings. A person may profit by noticing the first intimation of the spirit of revelation; for instance, when you feel pure intelligence flowing into you, it may give you sudden strokes of ideas, so that by noticing it, you may find it fulfilled the same day or soon; (i.e.,) those things that were presented unto your minds by the Spirit of God, will come to pass; and thus by learning the Spirit of God and understanding it, you may grow into the principle of revelation, until you become perfect in Christ Jesus.
I don't trust this guy--and I think he will take people out of the church if they read and follow his teachings. We were told to beware of false prophets and judge them by their 'fruits'. If a person tells you to not pay tithing, even though it's a commandment of God, that person is leading you away from the true doctrines of God, period. What more proof does one need than to recognize clearly what will end up being the 'fruit' of listening to this guy--bitter fruit in the end, for those who are deceived and for their loved ones.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Matchmaker wrote: January 23rd, 2017, 11:00 am Stay in the boat!
Which boat? This one? Sometimes you need to listen to that still small voice that tells you to get off to save your soul.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saluda_(steamship)

I know who the author of the OP website is, and I believe he is sincere. I can understand why he protects his identity. That being said, I have a few issues with what he believes, though there is certainly truth there also.
Thomas wrote: January 20th, 2017, 7:07 pm...
I think there will be a lot of disappointed LDS on judgment day when they find their expectations to be in vain.
8 It is in vain for persons to fancy to themselves that they are heirs with those, or can be heirs with them, who have offered their all in sacrifice, and by this means obtained faith in God and favor with him so as to obtain eternal life, unless they in like manner offer unto him the same sacrifice, and through that offering obtain the knowledge that they are accepted of him.
Too bad they are not taught of these things in church. Joseph Smith sacrificed his life to bring us the word of the Lord and has been treated as so much trash. Much easier to sell a church that teaches that you can have it all here and now and have all in the after life as well. Gospel lite.
I weep for my friends and family over this. I weep for what/who I was a decade ago before I came to understand this. What Thomas has said is a gift to you.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

AI2.0 wrote: August 5th, 2017, 1:21 pm My responses in blue:
Suntumbler wrote: February 21st, 2017, 1:34 pm The answer is simple. Does it testify of Christ and bring further light and truth into your life? Confirm all things with the Holy Ghost, you can ask people on here but until you go to the Lord directly you won't find a solid confirmation. If you want to know something, ask Him. (in His spirit of peace and love, sot that he may connect with you). I follow the blog as well, one reason he prefers to stay anonymous is because he doesn't want followers to his name, he wants people to take the message directly to God; which is understandable. He's actually not a big Remnant follower, his experiences push against Denver Snuffer on several topics like DS's latest translation of St. John.

Do you know him personally to know who he is? If not, you know nothing about his character. He can still gain followers and be anonymous--if he has people who read his books and follow his blog and follows his teachings, he's got 'followers'. I'm not surprised he not a 'remnant follower' because why should he follow Snuffer when he can claim the same experiences and apparently believes he's receiving plenty of revelation himself and writing books of what he's learned that he doesn't need to listen to Snuffer.

Joseph Smith often spoke about the fallibility of men, he himself repented often and publicly, asking for forgiveness when something was wrong. " Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;

So if a man encourages you to know God directly and not only that but to see Him, what is the red flag? How can that damn you from the Lord? Yes, you will be tested, the adversary will masquerade as God at times, but we must all walk through that fire to Christ if we are to know His Spirit from deceptive spirits. We must all walk our own path to the Lord if we are to become reliant upon His Spirit personally in all things that we do. The original hebrew meaning for Worship is something like "consistent relationship with God". A consistent connection to the Lord within your own heart, not through the medium of another. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3.... You are ignoring the various spirits that can deceive us. Joseph assumed it was understood (it's clear in the scriptures)
that you'd realize that you should still be listening to the Lord's prophets and weighing what you feel is personal revelation by what is taught in the scriptures and the Prophets.

The modern LDS like to think of the words of men (lds presidents) as definitive as the Holy Ghost, no, that's not accurate.
We believe our prophets, when MOVED upon by the holy spirit speak inspired words. We also have a doctrine that God has appointed prophets and apostles to lead the church BY AUTHORITY of the priesthood which they hold.
which misses the mark.actually, only your interpretation and false perception miss the mark. We must not rely upon the arm of flesh or your Salvation, The Lord wants us each to know Him directly, prophets simply share messages and gather people to pierce the veil themselves. We DO know him directly, but we also know that a prophet has a purpose. We hear this often from those who ignore the fact that the LDS church has a doctrine of following prophets. This is so typical of remnant people and those on the fringes who want to create their own religion to suit themselves. This is our religious belief--the Lord leads and guides the church through his prophet and apostles. If you reject this and call it an 'arm of flesh' then you are out of harmony with the teachings and doctrines of the LDS faith. Can those who claim this not figure this out?? it's really simple. Since the day that Joseph Smith organized this church it has been thus--we recognize a prophet at the head of the church who leads and guides the church and is the only one appointed to receive revelation for the church as a whole. You and I and all the others can receive revelation for ourselves and those we have stewardship over. Since the days of Joseph Smith, various men have tried to set themselves up as 'prophets' who know more than the prophet at the head of the church, this pure revelations anonymous writer is no different than those before him.

The Second Comforter

Now what is this other Comforter? It is no more nor less than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; and this is the sum and substance of the whole matter; that when any man obtains this last Comforter, he will have the personage of Jesus Christ to attend him, or appear unto him from time to time, and even He will manifest the Father unto him, and they will take up their abode with him, and the visions of the heavens will be opened unto him, and the Lord will teach him face to face, and he may have a perfect knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God; and this is the state and place the ancient Saints arrived at when they had such glorious visions--Isaiah, Ezekiel, John upon the Isle of Patmos, St. Paul in the three heavens, and all the Saints who held communion with the general assembly and Church of the Firstborn.

The Spirit of Revelation

The Spirit of Revelation is in connection with these blessings. A person may profit by noticing the first intimation of the spirit of revelation; for instance, when you feel pure intelligence flowing into you, it may give you sudden strokes of ideas, so that by noticing it, you may find it fulfilled the same day or soon; (i.e.,) those things that were presented unto your minds by the Spirit of God, will come to pass; and thus by learning the Spirit of God and understanding it, you may grow into the principle of revelation, until you become perfect in Christ Jesus.
I don't trust this guy--and I think he will take people out of the church if they read and follow his teachings. We were told to beware of false prophets and judge them by their 'fruits'. If a person tells you to not pay tithing, even though it's a commandment of God, that person is leading you away from the true doctrines of God, period. What more proof does one need than to recognize clearly what will end up being the 'fruit' of listening to this guy--bitter fruit in the end, for those who are deceived and for their loved ones.

Sigh... A.12--- he never ever taught that one should not pay tithing. You need to reserve judgment until you know better. Don't read anything that "because of lack if preperation" would cause fear or panic / crisis. However, familiarize yourself with the Holy One of Israel above all else for he truly is the Keeper of *the gate* and employs no servant there. As Christ is our utmost focus when we see the fruits of his righteousness in our life ---that which is true will remain that which is not ---will fall away. To what degree are we anchored to Jesus..?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

BackBlast wrote: August 4th, 2017, 1:33 pm I do try to be a believing sort, and I gave this blog a try. I believe my participation here has shown that I'm generally supportive of people seeking the face of our Lord. The resulting experiences in my life has prompted me to offer a caution to others about this blog. Honestly this is difficult for me to post, but I believe it true and this is the best place to put it.

I felt strongly enough about my experience I wrote a more detailed critique here https://purerevelationscheck.wordpress.com/

Essentially this one appears to be using subtle means to set himself up among those who seek such things. My impression from my spiritual experiences is that he is spiritually dangerous. These are my thoughts.

Thank you for taking the time to publish your views on Purerevelations blog, your thoughts were very helpful. I agree with you, the writer of this blog is definitely preaching false doctrines. I hope readers will be careful not to be seduced by the same lying spirit which seems to have taken hold of a small group of LDS who have good intentions and seek after truth but apparently are unable to discern false teachings and false spirits.

Some ways to protect against the false prophets and false teachers which we've been warned about in the last days is to have a sufficient knowledge of the scriptures to know when they are being contradicted, and to be worthy of the inspiration of the Holy Ghost by being obedient, keeping Heavenly Father's commandments, watching and praying for guidance and we need to humble and teachable in that we heed the warnings of the Lord's Prophets, as that is their purpose--to keep us standing in holy places and holding firmly to the iron rod.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

BringerOfJoy wrote: August 5th, 2017, 1:31 pm
Matchmaker wrote: January 23rd, 2017, 11:00 am Stay in the boat!
Which boat? This one? Sometimes you need to listen to that still small voice that tells you to get off to save your soul.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saluda_(steamship)

I know who the author of the OP website is, and I believe he is sincere. I can understand why he protects his identity. That being said, I have a few issues with what he believes, though there is certainly truth there also.
Thomas wrote: January 20th, 2017, 7:07 pm...
I think there will be a lot of disappointed LDS on judgment day when they find their expectations to be in vain.
8 It is in vain for persons to fancy to themselves that they are heirs with those, or can be heirs with them, who have offered their all in sacrifice, and by this means obtained faith in God and favor with him so as to obtain eternal life, unless they in like manner offer unto him the same sacrifice, and through that offering obtain the knowledge that they are accepted of him.
Too bad they are not taught of these things in church. Joseph Smith sacrificed his life to bring us the word of the Lord and has been treated as so much trash. Much easier to sell a church that teaches that you can have it all here and now and have all in the after life as well. Gospel lite.
I weep for my friends and family over this. I weep for what/who I was a decade ago before I came to understand this. What Thomas has said is a gift to you.
And I bet your's and Thomas' friends and family weep for you too, since you both joined the remnant.

You see, you think they are the ones who are wandering about lost and deceived but they believe you are. And so, we must ask--which is true? They can't both be true--Snuffer has declared the LDS faith in apostasy and claims to have 'wrested' the keys from our prophets. However, if you join the remnant you have no prophets and apostles, you have no church set up as Christ set his church up at the meridian of time and again through the prophet Joseph Smith. You have a priesthood which you took from the mother church and pick and choose which doctrines you want to preserve and which to re-interpret to suit your 'prophet's' preferences. Denver Snuffer-- a onetime 'Saint', now turned 'prophet', gives his opinions on how things should be run and changes scriptures to suit his views--all without any presumption of authority, something I'd assumed most LDS would understand is vital to a church which claims to be God's church on earth.

The remnant was started by a man who spent 40 years in the LDS faith, living it, preaching it, believing it and then he lost his testimony, was excommunicated and took with him many people who aligned themselves with him. How is he any different from James Strang or David Whitmer or Sidney Rigdon, to name only three of the dozens who've followed this same example-- who all did the same thing when they also lost their faith in the restored gospel? And Denver Snuffer won't be the last to follow in their footsteps--already we see one standing in the wings--anonymous for now, but most likely not forever. Here is another to stand against the Lord's true church, this anonymous person who writes the purerevelations blog--he is following the same path and tragically, will influence others to follow him too. And then, one of his readers will find that he doesn't need to follow some other man--besides he will break with him on some issues and so the pattern will continue, these people who leave the church and set up their own religions. These things follow a pattern because history repeats itself and human nature is so predictable.

Most definitely a lot of tears will be shed before this is over...

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

JaredBees wrote: August 5th, 2017, 2:20 pm

The Second Comforter

The Spirit of Revelation

Sigh... A.12--- he never ever taught that one should not pay tithing. You need to reserve judgment until you know better. Don't read anything that "because of lack if preperation" would cause fear or panic / crisis. However, familiarize yourself with the Holy One of Israel above all else for he truly is the Keeper of *the gate* and employs no servant there. As Christ is our utmost focus when we see the fruits of his righteousness in our life ---that which is true will remain that which is not ---will fall away. To what degree are we anchored to Jesus..?
Oh, I'm certain he didn't say 'don't pay tithing', that would be too obvious. But don't be fooled-- he no longer pays tithing because he said he was told not to. And obviously he's not paying tithing or he wouldn't have lost his recommend, he admitted it. What you apparently don't understand is that he's NOT paying tithing anymore. If the funds are not paid to the Bishop or the church, then the funds are not tithing--they are something else--charitable offerings, is what they are called--and charitable offerings are not tithing. And what other commandments and doctrines will he jettison next because he believes he's received a 'revelation'??

Yes, the Lord employs no servant there and his sheep 'hear' his voice and they follow him. They stay close to him and the shepherds he sets to watch over them--they don't wander about in strange and forbidden paths. We need to anchor ourselves to Christ, but in the last days, we must beware of false christs. Some are tragically anchoring themselves to millstones and not to Christ.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

AI2.0 wrote: August 5th, 2017, 4:42 pm
JaredBees wrote: August 5th, 2017, 2:20 pm

The Second Comforter

The Spirit of Revelation

Oh, I'm certain he didn't say 'don't pay tithing', that would be too obvious. But don't be fooled-- he no longer pays tithing because he said he was told not to. And obviously he's not paying tithing or he wouldn't have lost his recommend, he admitted it. What you apparently don't understand is that he's NOT paying tithing anymore. If the funds are not paid to the Bishop or the church, then the funds are not tithing--they are something else--charitable offerings, is what they are called--and charitable offerings are not tithing. And what other commandments and doctrines will he jettison next because he believes he's received a 'revelation'??

Yes, the Lord employs no servant there and his sheep 'hear' his voice and they follow him. They stay close to him and the shepherds he sets to watch over them--they don't wander about in strange and forbidden paths. We need to anchor ourselves to Christ, but in the last days, we must beware of false christs. Some are tragically anchoring themselves to millstones and not to Christ.

With the information and writings published by Denver --I have read probably a fraction of what he has out there-- can't speak for him. with this purerevelation fellow I've read practically all of his stuff. (Which in contrast is not much) A.12, you are claiming he (Mr anonymous) wants followers. You claimed he wants others to not pay tithing. Do you always defend your ground by misrepresenting others? No doubt those who played a part in Joseph Smith's demise were confident in their misrepresentations of him...

Also, I agree with you-- the words of Christ will teach us all that we must learn and do. This occurs most effectively when and after we are born of God (See King Benjamin's people for an example) even when the words of Christ come and are supplemented / helped through the Samuel the lamanite types. Truth is understood and embraced by those within and without the Orthodoxy AS we feast upon Christ words and understand them through the lens of our rebirth having had Christ's name written upon our hearts. Are we converted to the accoutrements of a Christian establishment or are we converted through our relationship with Jesus Christ as he has become our spiritual father we his spiritual offspring because of our rebirth through him? Church plays a beautiful part in our journey towards eternal life-- it should always lead to a personal vibrant real relationship with Jesus Christ. When a churches appendages make up our convictions this is a good metric as to where we are at in regards to being born of God or not. What does the Book of Mormon teach about being born of God and why is it so important to be born of God strictly through Jesus Christ his grace merits and mercy / his infinite atonement?
Edit: just now seeing that my comments were attached to your response in my earlier post. If you are prepared-- read his stuff. if you are not, you should probably not make assumptions about his writings / intent through a very casual understanding. I like you well enough A12 :) God bless you and yours, ma'am.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

JaredBees wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:25 pm

B.B.--- No Doubt purerevelations experience / information is over the top / much out of the norm in regards to our modern LDS narrative. As you share your negative sentiments about p.r. fellow / info-- so ( many could argue) were the sentiments of those in the church during the time of Samuel the lamanite putting himself on the wall and declaring God's words... Also, I would be curious to learn about this deceiving spirit that came upon you and why you attributed it to purerevelation information. Multiple times in my life Satan has tried to seize upon me when I was on the cusp of learning new and soon-to-be spiritually ascending truths. If I was not able to discern the dark underworld's intents-- my fear in these moments of attack could have caused me to go the opposite direction back to comfortable regular impulses instead of pushing through and receiving God's will in my life... God has allowed there to be opposing forces almost to the same degree of spiritual affirming forces in our lives as we move forward and strip ourselves through repentance of unbelief.... In regards to the Joseph Smith quote-- I wonder if you could research potentially what he was more fully expressing when he shared the statements of apostasy --rising up against the church Etc-- I think you would be enlightened to more fully understand that quote in the context it was meant to be understood... would love for you to elaborate on some of the bold expressions you gave in regards to persuading others from giving heed to this Anonymous fellow's information / revelations. Thanks, JB
I don't have time for a homework assignment currently, newborn in the house and there is too much on my plate. If you wish to make a point about the quote then do so.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

JaredBees wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:25 pm Also, I would be curious to learn about this deceiving spirit that came upon you and why you attributed it to purerevelation information. Multiple times in my life Satan has tried to seize upon me when I was on the cusp of learning new and soon-to-be spiritually ascending truths. If I was not able to discern the dark underworld's intents-- my fear in these moments of attack could have caused me to go the opposite direction back to comfortable regular impulses instead of pushing through and receiving God's will in my life... God has allowed there to be opposing forces almost to the same degree of spiritual affirming forces in our lives as we move forward and strip ourselves through repentance of unbelief....
I really don't want to explain it all as it is too much for a reasonable post and I'm low on time. It was an interesting set of days. I summarize by saying that the spirit was brought on by his material, and I'm confident that it was. Further had a dream representing anonymous as a false missionary out to kill souls. Pretty hard to mistake that one.

Taking his material as a whole I'd say the most dangerous parts are how he fleshes out the kingdom of the adversary. A lot of it is just plain false, but some of the ideas, like becoming a son of perdition is a deliberate choice, is dangerous. We live by faith here, and part of the trouble with falling away is that we become blind. His teachings run completely contrary to the nature of this life and provide false security.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

BackBlast wrote: August 7th, 2017, 7:12 pm
JaredBees wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:25 pm Also, I would be curious to learn about this deceiving spirit that came upon you and why you attributed it to purerevelation information. Multiple times in my life Satan has tried to seize upon me when I was on the cusp of learning new and soon-to-be spiritually ascending truths. If I was not able to discern the dark underworld's intents-- my fear in these moments of attack could have caused me to go the opposite direction back to comfortable regular impulses instead of pushing through and receiving God's will in my life... God has allowed there to be opposing forces almost to the same degree of spiritual affirming forces in our lives as we move forward and strip ourselves through repentance of unbelief....
I really don't want to explain it all as it is too much for a reasonable post and I'm low on time. It was an interesting set of days. I summarize by saying that the spirit was brought on by his material, and I'm confident that it was. Further had a dream representing anonymous as a false missionary out to kill souls. Pretty hard to mistake that one.

Taking his material as a whole I'd say the most dangerous parts are how he fleshes out the kingdom of the adversary. A lot of it is just plain false, but some of the ideas, like becoming a son of perdition is a deliberate choice, is dangerous. We live by faith here, and part of the trouble with falling away is that we become blind. His teachings run completely contrary to the nature of this life and provide false security.
I'll add my testimony to yours as a second witness. I had a very similar experience (and dream), albeit mine was for a longer timeframe. I had become very blind, and it is a miracle I came back. Looking back, I marvel how it had been so. I'm still recovering from my blindness in bits. A testimony of the Lord's church and the validity of its keys changes the entire framework of what is taught, and it makes all the difference. That's why the onset of deception can be seemingly so slight at first.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

BackBlast wrote: August 7th, 2017, 7:12 pm

When I have false security I'm lulled way into thinking all is well.

I got to say whatever Anonymous is or isn't to a person --one thing for sure is that he brings next to what the Prophet Joseph Smith has revealed--- potential truths that challenge and stretch a person's restoration loving soul to such a expansive degree that represents anything but a false sense of security... yet it can be argued to a person who is prepared --that these are beautiful and comforting extension truths / Mysteries revealed from our Great God who's truths / knowledge WE understand a miniscule amount about...

"we gravitate towards and validate emotions we nurture to our soul"

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Tbmbro wrote: January 18th, 2017, 8:41 pm However there are some definite red flags. He doesn't outright fault the Church, but does have a few insinuations that they aren't completely on the right track. He also claims in his book that the Lord told him to pay his Tithing a different way. (Directly to revealed needy families rather than to the Bishop.) This caused him to lose his temple recommend. He seems to indicate that this was almost an Abrahamic test of sorts that led to him receiving the Second Comforter. I think I would be fine with this because Abrahamic tests starting with Abraham have always seemed pretty contradictory (I mean God literally told Abraham to sacrifice his son, not exactly orthodox or easy). For his part, he says he still attends Church and admits that it is mostly true. He's definitely one of the remnant folks.
This seems to be a bit suspicious to me due to the fact that Abraham was being tested but then he was stopped. The thought of having him stop doing temple work also bothers me. We all know the earth would be utterly wasted if we do not do the work. So it's very contradicting if you ask me.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Red flags all over the place for this guy. Somebody shared his last book on another website so I thought I would take a gander. The false teachings and mostly interpretation of scripture are so false it's staggering. I guess he started with two books that seemed in line of what the church teaches and then the last book just kind of goes off the wagon - however he says you can't read the last book without reading the first two. Yeah that makes sense - You have to be suckered in step by step or you won't get it - right gotcha.

How people fall for this stuff is beyond me - Satan works every angle in the book because he knows that what deceives one person will not deceive the next.

For anyone wanting to follow this guy - take a pass, you will be happy you didn't kill your time.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

We were warned that in the last days false prophets, false teachers and false christs would arise to deceive, if possible (and obviously it IS possible and has been since the beginning) even the very elect. Those who THINK they are the 'elect', who THINK they've seen Christ, and when they do, this IMPOSTER leads them to violate covenants, break commandments and leave the Lord's true church. Then they try to take others away as well to follow after lies. Can it be any more clear that we are seeing the fulfillment of this warning prophecy given so many years ago?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I'll bite. I just discovered this topic. I've just finished reading all his books. Because of my own experiences, I believe him. He never asked anyone to believe him, though. Not everyone will seek the Lord the way the Lord has admonished (Ether 4). Not everyone desires the Second Comforter. We are given according to our desires or not our desires. The Lord will cheerfully not grant to you His presence if you do not want it.

Abraham was stopped by the angel. Nephi wasn't. What the Lord requires of one, He may not require of another. Trials are as unique as the individual and his/her own weaknesses and/or willingness to follow the Lord. The point and purpose of this author is to help those who seek the Lord as the brother of Jared did.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

AI2.0 wrote: January 24th, 2017, 9:53 am
Tbmbro wrote:Hi friends, I've been following this bloghttps://purerevelations.wordpress.com for around a year or so, and I wanted to know your thoughts on it.

The author, who remains anonymous, has claimed to receive his Baptism of Fire and the Second Comforter. He posts occasionally and has written a book https://www.amazon.com/How-Have-Your-Se ... B01G7B1B12 detailing his experience and some techniques to help individuals get there as well.

For the most part I like the blog, he always tells people to confirm what he says with the Lord and mostly posts spiritually uplifting things and interesting ways to look at gospel ideas.

However there are some definite red flags. He doesn't outright fault the Church, but does have a few insinuations that they aren't completely on the right track. He also claims in his book that the Lord told him to pay his Tithing a different way. (Directly to revealed needy families rather than to the Bishop.) This caused him to lose his temple recommend. He seems to indicate that this was almost an Abrahamic test of sorts that led to him receiving the Second Comforter. I think I would be fine with this because Abrahamic tests starting with Abraham have always seemed pretty contradictory (I mean God literally told Abraham to sacrifice his son, not exactly orthodox or easy). For his part, he says he still attends Church and admits that it is mostly true. He's definitely one of the remnant folks.

I'm very hesitant about these kind of blogs because of the whole Denver Snuffer situation. I don't want to get roped in by a charlatan who claims they alone are in the right way, while the leaders of the Church are wrong. However, I do feel that reading the posts have been a positive influence on my spirituality. I feel that I read more, pray better, and really seek more to have a relationship with my father in heaven.

What are your thoughts. Is it a net good or a net bad? Cheers!
This is a blog by someone who is either a follower of Denver Snuffer or cut from the same spiritual cloth as him. I'd say RUN AWAY FAST if you don't want to find yourself lost and outside the Lord's only true church on the earth.

I think you will find that those who are outside the church, critics of the church and Denver Snuffer Devotees will love this blog(you are new so be warned that we have many Denver Snuffer devotees here--which they will deny-- and they will definitely like this blog and its sentiments. Heck, the author is likely a forum member....unless the author is you trying to get more readers ;) ).

Those, like me, who believe that the LDS church is guided by the Lord's prophet and his apostles and has the priesthood authority from God and the saving ordinances, will avoid this and other blogs like it, like the plague. A spiritual plague--and I am not kidding.
Your expressions A12.0--- made me think of similar expressions made with in the church towared Lehi and Samuel. A12.0, you strike me as a very logical person. No matter how wonderful the church is in many respects, the fact remains, the condemnation has not been lifted and a cleansing is knocking at the door. for that very reason alone, some if not many course corrections are needed. If we are yoked to man that's a tough pill to swallow. If we are Yoke to Christ, come what may, we desire for his will to manifest. Even if that means we testify on a perilous wall with arrows shot at us, or leave the comforts of luxury and wealth and enter into a hostile forest to suffer deprivations.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Jared if in fact one is yoked to Christ why in the world would they act in rebellion against His restored church and the sacred covenant made in the temple to give of their time talents and resources to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in order to build up the Kingdom of God on earth? That would be a logical fallacy in thinking to follow such a conflicted path. Those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit would never do so. This blogger has clearly become neutralized by the adversaries plan to distract and lead people away from the Lords church and temple. He took the bait. Why would you want to do likewise? Perhaps this song will help. Don't be taken in by trying to steady the ark. It won't end well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Mark wrote: January 16th, 2018, 8:43 am Jared if in fact one is yoked to Christ why in the world would they act in rebellion against His restored church and the sacred covenant made in the temple to give of their time talents and resources to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in order to build up the Kingdom of God on earth? That would be a logical fallacy in thinking to follow such a conflicted path. Those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit would never do so. This blogger has clearly become neutralized by the adversaries plan to distract and lead people away from the Lords church and temple. He took the bait. Why would you want to do likewise? Perhaps this song will help. Don't be taken in by trying to steady the ark. It won't end well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

Stay yoked to Christ Mark, as will I.

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

I don't read this blog but may start based on some of the negative reactions by self-assured saints.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

I have a problem when someone professes to say they have received their calling and election.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I don't.