Electronic Donations!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Electronic Donations!

Post by rewcox »

Electronic donations have been turned on in our area. Just did my first one!!!!!

Come on folks, do it!
Last edited by rewcox on August 31st, 2015, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Re: Ohhhhhhhhh, Yessssssssss!

Post by karend77 »

Yep, ours started a month ago, love it :)

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

Now I cant do my alms to be seen of man. No, seriously, I wonder if my kids should see it.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

braingrunt wrote:Now I cant do my alms to be seen of man. No, seriously, I wonder if my kids should see it.
Put them on your lap and show the how to do it. They can also put pennies or dimes in the envelope and do it that way.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

So how do I find out if I can? How do you do it?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I'm going to continue with the envelope. It gives me an excuse to see the Bishop.
dc

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Melissa wrote:So how do I find out if I can? How do you do it?
Sign on to your LDS.org account, then drop down the options. One is Donations, click on it. If your area is not ready, it will tell you or let you do it.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

can't wait...free up an hour or two of my sundays...

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

An hour or two?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

braingrunt wrote:An hour or two?
Tithing

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Jason wrote:
Tithing
Must be a clerk then B-)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

karend77 wrote:
Jason wrote:
Tithing
Must be a clerk then B-)
Something like that

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

karend77 wrote:
Jason wrote:
Tithing
Must be a clerk then B-)
A member of the bishopric(bishop or counselors) is given donations. With ward clerk, or finance clerk, deposit is put together.

If most people will use the electronic method now available, it would reduce the time on Sunday dramatically.

Why do electronic?
- you can see your contribution history on your computer/mobile device.
- you can see/print out contributions for the year
- you can donate to a missionary in a different ward

If you donate with cash, will still need to give to a member of the bishopric.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

I hope electronic donations comes to Canada soon. Now if they'd just ditch tithing settlement and instead incorporate it as the question on the temple recommend of an honest and full tithe.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Jason wrote:
karend77 wrote:
Jason wrote:
Tithing
Must be a clerk then B-)
Something like that
I thought he was just counting mountains of pennies to pay in hard currency.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

rewcox wrote:
karend77 wrote:
Jason wrote:
Tithing
Must be a clerk then B-)
A member of the bishopric(bishop or counselors) is given donations. With ward clerk, or finance clerk, deposit is put together.

If most people will use the electronic method now available, it would reduce the time on Sunday dramatically.

Why do electronic?
- you can see your contribution history on your computer/mobile device.
- you can see/print out contributions for the year
- you can donate to a missionary in a different ward

If you donate with cash, will still need to give to a member of the bishopric.
I agree. Tithe in real life, to real people. :)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Sunain wrote:I hope electronic donations comes to Canada soon. Now if they'd just ditch tithing settlement and instead incorporate it as the question on the temple recommend of an honest and full tithe.
Would negate the opportunity for the bishop to talk to a whole ton of folks who don't, can't, or want a temple recommend....

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Jason wrote:
Sunain wrote:I hope electronic donations comes to Canada soon. Now if they'd just ditch tithing settlement and instead incorporate it as the question on the temple recommend of an honest and full tithe.
Would negate the opportunity for the bishop to talk to a whole ton of folks who don't, can't, or want a temple recommend....
Those people probably won't/aren't/don't want to pay tithing either. It's just one unnecessary meeting that could be combined with temple recommend interviews and is easily answered Yes/No. Honestly, anything more than that is actually an invasion of privacy. I never liked the members of the ward knowing how much money I make this way at least its going to limit it a bit more.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Sunain wrote:
Jason wrote:
Those people probably won't/aren't/don't want to pay tithing either. It's just one unnecessary meeting that could be combined with temple recommend interviews and is easily answered Yes/No. Honestly, anything more than that is actually an invasion of privacy.
The whole point of tithing settlement is not about tithing. The Yes/No comes from the individual and is between them and the Lord. The meeting is the opportunity for the Bishop to meet with most of the ward members...and is ultimately geared toward the days that will come - stewardship/accountability.

Was Ammon's reading of Lamoni's thoughts an invasion of privacy?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Electronic Donations!

Post by Matchmaker »

I just did an online donation for the first time. It was simple to do. No more handwritten checks and tithing envelopes to keep track of!

idahommie
captain of 100

Post by idahommie »

I've not tried it yet, but we pay tithing from one account and Fast offerings and other donations from a different account. If we can't continue that way, then we'll still turn in the envelope........

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

Jason wrote:
Sunain wrote:
Jason wrote:
Those people probably won't/aren't/don't want to pay tithing either. It's just one unnecessary meeting that could be combined with temple recommend interviews and is easily answered Yes/No. Honestly, anything more than that is actually an invasion of privacy.
The whole point of tithing settlement is not about tithing. The Yes/No comes from the individual and is between them and the Lord. The meeting is the opportunity for the Bishop to meet with most of the ward members...and is ultimately geared toward the days that will come - stewardship/accountability.

Was Ammon's reading of Lamoni's thoughts an invasion of privacy?
Tithing settlement is about tithing in every ward I have been in. One more chance to look at how much people are giving on paper, a form of control and oversight.

Temple recommend is for temple and already includes the question (without a printout of numbers) are you a full tithe payer. We should have the ability to submit our donations anonymously, and we should just as easily be able to declare our tithes as full, part, or none online also if they are still so worried about such a thing.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

We pay our tithes anonymously, and our Bishop gives us a phone call every January, so he can check off the box -- full tithe payers for Lizzy and DH.

Tithing settlement is a zoo in our large ward. Five to ten minute slots. Heaven forbid if you're the one who puts him behind schedule.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

idahommie wrote:I've not tried it yet, but we pay tithing from one account and Fast offerings and other donations from a different account. If we can't continue that way, then we'll still turn in the envelope........
You can have more than 1 account.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Electronic donations is a winner!

How is it accepted in your Ward?