Walking to water. Not "on "it yet

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: Walking to water. Not "on "it yet

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Obrien wrote:
Jules wrote:
Kitkat wrote:I have not tried things like this since I was a child/teen. I failed, as I remember, so my desire to believe was there, but not faith? Any specific thought why people often fail attempting these faith games? I have really enjoyed this thread btw.
Fear of failing, causes failure.
That sounds like a motivational cat poster. :ymhug:
:))

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Hmmmm...if doubt is caused by fear, and perfect loves casts out all fear, just another plug for developing charity :)

I remember an experience I had maybe a year ago. I was getting my kids ready for church and my little girl was crying because she really wanted her sweater with sparkly buttons. I knew it had to be somewhere so I ripped the house part looking for it. No luck. I prayed, no luck. Then I sat down, quit being frustrated and prayed thinking I would use this as way to practice my faith. The words were the same but I put perfect trust that God would show me where the sparkly button sweater was.

It was a great experience for me and during my prayer, I saw exactly where the sweater was in my minds eye and went to retrieve it. I knew it wasn't me just conjuring up places it might be, I actually saw where it was.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

All in Zion.
1 And it came to pass that Enoch continued his speech, saying: Behold, our father Adam taught these things, and many have believed and become the sons of God, and many have believed not, and have perished in their sins, and are looking forth with fear, in torment, for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God to be poured out upon them.

2 And from that time forth Enoch began to prophesy, saying unto the people, that: As I was journeying, and stood upon the place Mahujah, and cried unto the Lord, there came a voice out of heaven, saying—Turn ye, and get ye upon the mount Simeon.

3 And it came to pass that I turned and went up on the mount; and as I stood upon the mount, I beheld the heavens open, and I was clothed upon with glory;

4 And I saw the Lord; and he stood before my face, and he talked with me, even as a man talketh one with another, face to face; and he said unto me: Look, and I will show unto thee the world for the space of many generations.
13 And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spake the word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountains fled, even according to his command; and the rivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Yup. That's what I'm aiming for.

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

Faith means to create, and as musician I find it challanging to first write a piece of music in my mind, visualizing every tone, hearing the melodie in its completness. I blieve that we can all practise faith through visualization, and then by acting upon it until our visualization has become reality, first creating things spiritually, than physically. It does not just work that way with music, but with anything we want to achieve.

It may help to achieve things where others like to doubt we can reach it..

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

Ok, so... had an experience today. My family was at Disneyland and it started raining. We bought ponchos in advance knowing that it was going to rain all day. It start raining early and we were wet and miserable by 10am ish. We looked at the for cast for the day which specified, increasing rain through the afternoon and evening with "100% chance of rain at 8pm" a ruin to a perfect day. I considered calling it a day and changing our plans to come back tomorrow, but the for cast was more rain then too. While I was considering the options it occurred to me that we could ask the rain to stop and the weather to clear up. I talked briefly with my wife and it was agreed. At the time we were in the line for "Cars" and didn't want to get rained on while on while on the ride. So we added that request for an immediate response. We were near the end of the line all ready and under the cover of the shelter for the ride. By the time we got on the ride, the rain had stopped. Within 30 minutes we could see through patches in the clouds. It didn't rain the rest of the day while we were in the park and at times the sun was out and quite warm. By lunch we had dried off completely and put our ponchos away. It was an awesome day and we were able to accomplish all the fun we planned by 10pm as we got into our car. Even the 100% chance of rain predicted at 8pm was replaced with blue sky's with some clouds. It was for us undeniable and extremely helpful. Because the clouds were willing and able to adjust for us, we and many others, were able to enjoy the rest of the day.

I forgot to add that about 11:30pm, after we were in the car and done with our day, the clouds had returned and soon after it was raining again. What gratitude and praise we had!

This was not a practice session, and our whole group recognized and appreciated the miracle.

Just though I would share 5o encourage others with a real and practical example of what we had discussed.

Peace,
Amonhi

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Sweet ^^^. Your post reminds me of a similar i had experience back in 2000. I was working away from home in a resort town in New Mexico. The company I worked for was widening and improving 15 miles of roadway in a mountainous town called Ruidoso. The area was prone to monsoon storms in the afternoon from July 4 through Labor Day. Every day, the storm clouds would build and make their inexorable trip up the mountains and douse the area with rain for a couple of hours. Daily rainstorms do not mesh well with placing asphalt paving. Our material source was 35 miles away, and each load of asphalt represented thousands of dollars and more importantly precious PROGRESS towards finishing and going home. Every day I would meet my paving superintendent at a prominent overlook with a sweeping view to the southwest, where the storms came from. Every day, he would get nervous about getting caught with $25,000 of asphalt on the road with no place to lay it. Every day I would tell him to keep the asphalt coming, that the storms would go around us. Every day, the storms would hit someplace on the job where we weren't paving. It was more than chance or coincidence. Even the locals noticed and commented on the uncanny "luck" we had paving. I viewed it as a miracle at the time, because it sucked being 550 miles from home and I missed my family a lot. I had forgotten entirely of that 60 day running miracle until I read your post, Amohni. Thanks for reminding me.

PS - I mentioned walking on water to my very nice TBM neighbor, and he asked me why I would bother with something so crazy. I just laugh and ask him "Why not, Peter?" (his name is not Peter). I have not had time to work on it lately, but I will soon. :ymhug:

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Amonhi wrote:Ok, so... had an experience today. My family was at Disneyland and it started raining. We bought ponchos in advance knowing that it was going to rain all day. It start raining early and we were wet and miserable by 10am ish. We looked at the for cast for the day which specified, increasing rain through the afternoon and evening with "100% chance of rain at 8pm" a ruin to a perfect day. I considered calling it a day and changing our plans to come back tomorrow, but the for cast was more rain then too. While I was considering the options it occurred to me that we could ask the rain to stop and the weather to clear up. I talked briefly with my wife and it was agreed. At the time we were in the line for "Cars" and didn't want to get rained on while on while on the ride. So we added that request for an immediate response. We were near the end of the line all ready and under the cover of the shelter for the ride. By the time we got on the ride, the rain had stopped. Within 30 minutes we could see through patches in the clouds. It didn't rain the rest of the day while we were in the park and at times the sun was out and quite warm. By lunch we had dried off completely and put our ponchos away. It was an awesome day and we were able to accomplish all the fun we planned by 10pm as we got into our car. Even the 100% chance of rain predicted at 8pm was replaced with blue sky's with some clouds. It was for us undeniable and extremely helpful. Because the clouds were willing and able to adjust for us, we and many others, were able to enjoy the rest of the day.

I forgot to add that about 11:30pm, after we were in the car and done with our day, the clouds had returned and soon after it was raining again. What gratitude and praise we had!

This was not a practice session, and our whole group recognized and appreciated the miracle.

Just though I would share 5o encourage others with a real and practical example of what we had discussed.

Peace,
Amonhi
What if somebody else needed that rain?

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

Obrien wrote:Sweet ^^^. Your post reminds me of a similar i had experience back in 2000. I was working away from home in a resort town in New Mexico. The company I worked for was widening and improving 15 miles of roadway in a mountainous town called Ruidoso. The area was prone to monsoon storms in the afternoon from July 4 through Labor Day. Every day, the storm clouds would build and make their inexorable trip up the mountains and douse the area with rain for a couple of hours. Daily rainstorms do not mesh well with placing asphalt paving. Our material source was 35 miles away, and each load of asphalt represented thousands of dollars and more importantly precious PROGRESS towards finishing and going home. Every day I would meet my paving superintendent at a prominent overlook with a sweeping view to the southwest, where the storms came from. Every day, he would get nervous about getting caught with $25,000 of asphalt on the road with no place to lay it. Every day I would tell him to keep the asphalt coming, that the storms would go around us. Every day, the storms would hit someplace on the job where we weren't paving. It was more than chance or coincidence. Even the locals noticed and commented on the uncanny "luck" we had paving. I viewed it as a miracle at the time, because it sucked being 550 miles from home and I missed my family a lot. I had forgotten entirely of that 60 day running miracle until I read your post, Amohni. Thanks for reminding me.

PS - I mentioned walking on water to my very nice TBM neighbor, and he asked me why I would bother with something so crazy. I just laugh and ask him "Why not, Peter?" (his name is not Peter). I have not had time to work on it lately, but I will soon. :ymhug:
Wow! That's cool! Thanks for sharing!

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

ajax wrote:
Amonhi wrote:Ok, so... had an experience today. My family was at Disneyland and it started raining. We bought ponchos in advance knowing that it was going to rain all day. It start raining early and we were wet and miserable by 10am ish. We looked at the for cast for the day which specified, increasing rain through the afternoon and evening with "100% chance of rain at 8pm" a ruin to a perfect day. I considered calling it a day and changing our plans to come back tomorrow, but the for cast was more rain then too. While I was considering the options it occurred to me that we could ask the rain to stop and the weather to clear up. I talked briefly with my wife and it was agreed. At the time we were in the line for "Cars" and didn't want to get rained on while on while on the ride. So we added that request for an immediate response. We were near the end of the line all ready and under the cover of the shelter for the ride. By the time we got on the ride, the rain had stopped. Within 30 minutes we could see through patches in the clouds. It didn't rain the rest of the day while we were in the park and at times the sun was out and quite warm. By lunch we had dried off completely and put our ponchos away. It was an awesome day and we were able to accomplish all the fun we planned by 10pm as we got into our car. Even the 100% chance of rain predicted at 8pm was replaced with blue sky's with some clouds. It was for us undeniable and extremely helpful. Because the clouds were willing and able to adjust for us, we and many others, were able to enjoy the rest of the day.

Peace,
Amonhi
I left out a lot, mostly all, of the how to info. That is one part. I always make sure that it is not needed or negotiate a win/win if possible. "Let us reason together." The area where we were and a few miles around didn't need it, not sure about beyond that and we did at time see rain in a large circle around us. But not even so much as a sprinkle on us. We took off our ponchos as we were walking away from the Cars ride and only put them on again to ride Splash Mountain to avoid getting wet by the ride. Kinda wished I had thought about asking the rain to stop prior to buying 5 ponchos for $8.50 each! #-o

Peace,
Amonhi

kingcandy
captain of 10

Post by kingcandy »

Peace,
Amonhi
Amonhi- I was at Disneyland on Friday too! While my weather app forecasted the day would be clear by 2-3pm, it did happen a bit sooner than that, and turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day. If the faith of you and your family helped that happen, then me and mine thank you! :D

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

kingcandy wrote:

Peace,
Amonhi
Amonhi- I was at Disneyland on Friday too! While my weather app forecasted the day would be clear by 2-3pm, it did happen a bit sooner than that, and turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day. If the faith of you and your family helped that happen, then me and mine thank you! :D
It ended up being a great day! I keep thinking how difficult it is for meteorologists to predict the weather and that perhaps it is because we, people, influence it so much. Messages in Water shows this happens from a provable and more scientifically founded way.

Peace,
Amonhi

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

Amonhi wrote:
kingcandy wrote:

Peace,
Amonhi
It ended up being a great day! I keep thinking how difficult it is for meteorologists to predict the weather and that perhaps it is because we, people, influence it so much. Messages in Water shows this happens from a provable and more scientifically founded way.

Peace,
Amonhi
Oh, oops, my wife was reading this and corrected me saying that we were there on Thursday, not Friday. The weather on Friday was expected to clear up in the afternoon, but on Thursday when we were there, the forecast said the rain would get worse all day with 100% chance of rain at 8:00pm. I made the post with this story "Fri May 15, 2015 12:48 am" which was very early Friday morning, after we got back to our hotel, talking about the previous day, Thursday.

So, you can't thank me and my family for Fridays weather, but if you were at Disneyland on Thursday, lol ;)

Peace,
Amonhi

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

I was in some rain once. :D

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Ezra wrote: April 25th, 2015, 10:29 am I was introduced to Cloud busting about 3 years ago. And agree. It's a good way to practice. I haven't tryed makeing shapes. Just making them go away or stop in the sky or change direction. The guy that brought it to my attention could bend glass. I haven't got there yet.
Have you been practicing your cloud busting? An interesting proving ground would be the yearly hurricane season. If you don't think your skill level is up for it I bet millions of people would love it if you do them the favor of getting that guy you heard it from to use his cloud busting skills somewhere in ocean on a boat before the hurricane makes land fall in Florida

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Joel wrote: September 8th, 2017, 8:40 am
Ezra wrote: April 25th, 2015, 10:29 am I was introduced to Cloud busting about 3 years ago. And agree. It's a good way to practice. I haven't tryed makeing shapes. Just making them go away or stop in the sky or change direction. The guy that brought it to my attention could bend glass. I haven't got there yet.
Have you been practicing your cloud busting? An interesting proving ground would be the yearly hurricane season. If you don't think your skill level is up for it I bet millions of people would love it if you do them the favor of getting that guy you heard it from to use his cloud busting skills somewhere in ocean on a boat before the hurricane makes land fall in Florida
Wouldn't that be cool. I'm going to have to practice up.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Christian Prophetess Kat Kerr Waves Scepter To Crush Hurricane Irma With The Authority Of Jesus

Post by Joel »

Kat Kerr made this video on the 4th of September

Kat and the Weather Warriors don't seem all that effective...better have a better technique

https://www.facebook.com/TheRevelatorKa ... 386110406/

Weather Warriors Session 2

Ruling the weather is the right of every Believer because Christ stopped the storm, we can too. When you are just starting to step out against impossible odds or forecasts you must make a stand that we are changing the normal and stepping into the Supernatural. If you want to really make an impact declare every couple hours: "I command the millibars to RISE in Irma to downgrade it." That building of high pressure in the core of the storm will devastate its power and we can also speak to the winds to begin to slow down.

I do want to say to all you Weather Warriors who are minors still living with your parents or guardians that if you are in the path of the storm, please honor their requests if they are protecting you out of Love. God gave them the responsibility to care for you and raise you. It does not mean you are stepping back or not fully taking authority because Christ hears your words and you are honoring Him with your desire to be over the Weather. We are doing this together as the Body of Christ to let the enemy know he will NO longer be in charge of our world or our lives. Let's right now hit Irma and begin to knock it to the north out to sea where it will become nothing. We will again hit the storm around 10AM EST to the North East. I will be doing another FB live at that time or if earlier I will give you a notice.

Thank you all for stepping into this new time where we will occupy and take dominion with the King of Kings

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Another approach

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Be on the look-out to learn new things, like I just did :)

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Be on the look-out to learn new things, like I just did :)

Joel changed the title for his post, so too did I, and tried adding a smiley, which didn't render. Experiment IAW the teachings of Joseph Smith, such as hypothesizing 7 years of prosperity, and refining it over may posts here.

Lo and behold, the experiment has blossomed, and two total eclipses serve as a ginormous 4-dimensional punctuation mark, unless of course you are of the flat-earth-persuasion, then it's only 3-dimensional.

Really it's only two-dimensional on paper, but seeing an X on a piece of paper you recognize it occurs in three-dimensions of space, and one-dimension of time. Then timely hurricanes occur to illustrate the general theory of forecasting and estimating. And Irma was forecast to hit precisely the only location feasible for OTEC in the continental USA.

No worries that the forecast changed a bit, as it's also important not to be overly critical. When I read the words "and subdue it" on LDSFF they hit me like how Joseph Smith tells of his experience reading James 1:5.

David Bednar's first GC address also rang true, and put into words what many of us intuitively understand about timing.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

This was the most worthwhile thread I've read in a long time. Thanks to Ezra and Amonhi as well as the others who contributed.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ajax wrote: May 15th, 2015, 6:34 am

Peace,
Amonhi
Those that have OTEC nearby will be just fine without rain. :ymparty:

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I've actually felt like the prayers I should pray for those in both Harvey and Irma are not that the storm goes away, but that "The righteous who turn to You will be provided protection, refuge, and safety from the storm." I do believe that these storms (as all trials) are meant to turn people to God.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Kat Kerr Moves Goalposts not Hurricanes

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Christian “Prophetess” Blames Hurricane Damage on People Not Following Her Lead

Post by Joel »

god didn't respect her authority enough to stop Hurricane Irma