Walking to water. Not "on "it yet

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Walking to water. Not "on "it yet

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ajax wrote: May 15th, 2015, 6:34 am
Amonhi wrote:Ok, so... had an experience today. My family was at Disneyland and it started raining. We bought ponchos in advance knowing that it was going to rain all day. It start raining early and we were wet and miserable by 10am ish. We looked at the for cast for the day which specified, increasing rain through the afternoon and evening with "100% chance of rain at 8pm" a ruin to a perfect day. I considered calling it a day and changing our plans to come back tomorrow, but the for cast was more rain then too. While I was considering the options it occurred to me that we could ask the rain to stop and the weather to clear up. I talked briefly with my wife and it was agreed. At the time we were in the line for "Cars" and didn't want to get rained on while on while on the ride. So we added that request for an immediate response. We were near the end of the line all ready and under the cover of the shelter for the ride. By the time we got on the ride, the rain had stopped. Within 30 minutes we could see through patches in the clouds. It didn't rain the rest of the day while we were in the park and at times the sun was out and quite warm. By lunch we had dried off completely and put our ponchos away. It was an awesome day and we were able to accomplish all the fun we planned by 10pm as we got into our car. Even the 100% chance of rain predicted at 8pm was replaced with blue sky's with some clouds. It was for us undeniable and extremely helpful. Because the clouds were willing and able to adjust for us, we and many others, were able to enjoy the rest of the day.

I forgot to add that about 11:30pm, after we were in the car and done with our day, the clouds had returned and soon after it was raining again. What gratitude and praise we had!

This was not a practice session, and our whole group recognized and appreciated the miracle.

Just though I would share 5o encourage others with a real and practical example of what we had discussed.

Peace,
Amonhi
What if somebody else needed that rain?
Those that have OTEC nearby will be just fine without rain. :ymparty:

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: Walking to water. Not "on "it yet

Post by Michelle »

I've actually felt like the prayers I should pray for those in both Harvey and Irma are not that the storm goes away, but that "The righteous who turn to You will be provided protection, refuge, and safety from the storm." I do believe that these storms (as all trials) are meant to turn people to God.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Kat Kerr Moves Goalposts not Hurricanes

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Christian “Prophetess” Blames Hurricane Damage on People Not Following Her Lead

Post by Joel »

god didn't respect her authority enough to stop Hurricane Irma