The Hebrew Roots of Mormonism

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
firstfruit
Hi, I'm new.

Re: The Hebrew Roots of Mormonism

Post by firstfruit »

I've been researching whether Jesus, the apostles like Peter and Paul and the early Jewish believers kept Torah and if so why and what that means for the rest of us. It's clear Jesus kept Torah otherwise that would have been sin but we know that as the spotless Lamb of God he did not sin. We see the apostle Paul keeping the Sabbath, attending the festivals in Jerusalem as required by Torah, circumcising Timothy as required by the Torah. Paul also asserts that he keeps the Law as a Pharisee of Pharisees. Peter we see in the Clementine Homilies and Recognitions texts also saying that he kept the Law since Jesus said "not one dot or title of the Law will by no means pass away till heaven and earth pass away and all things be fulfilled". Furthermore, the early Jewish believers are said to be zealous for the Law meaning they believe they are to keep it (read Acts 21:20). So even early Jewish believers in Jesus believed the Law and kept it.

But why? The only Biblical answer is because God commanded the Israelites to keep the Law of Moses. So this is not something that only applies to Jews per se but on a more broader context to Israelites in general. The Jews or the House of Judah is composed of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and some Levites. But there were others from the 10 tribes to the north of the House of Israel that joined the Jews when Jereboam started to sin against God by instituting a golden calf idol, an unauthorized priesthood and festivals.

There are many of the lost 10 tribes of the House of Israel in LDS. Many know they are of the tribe of Ephraim or Manasseh. So my question is if Torah or the Law of Moses is required to be kept by Israelites then why do those who know they are Israelites (like those who know they are from the tribe of Ephraim or Manneseh) not keep the Law of Moses?