Whether by Mine Own Voice . . .

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
MegaManToo
captain of 100

Whether by Mine Own Voice . . .

Post by MegaManToo »

Whether by Mine Own Voice or by the Voice of My Servants:

Where on this earth do we find the largest collection of men who claim to be the Servants of the Lord and the Prophets of God? Where on this earth do we find the longest unbroken line of Apostles in human history? Where on this earth do we find the Priesthood of God restored to the earth once again by the resurrected Peter, James, and John? Where do we find a church that claimed to be Christ's Own Church on this earth, from the very moment that the church was first established? Where do we find a church that claims that Jesus Christ is at the head of the Church, is at the helm of the Good Ship Zion, and is guiding the Church and Zion on their course to their promised destination?

For the answers, I suggest that people take a look at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Also take a look at the LDS Scriptures.

“What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same. (Doctrine and Covenants 1: 38).”

If we believe that Jesus Christ truly rose from the dead and believe that He has the power and the ability to call new Prophets and Apostles, then we have our answer. Christ Jehovah is about His business and doing it again, in modern times. Christ is once again about the business of establishing Zion on this earth. The power of the LDS Church system comes in the fact that there are 15 men or Brethren in the LDS Church that are sustained by common consent as Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. There are other groups of 70 who are also sustained as Witnesses of Christ. The LDS Church claims to be the Kingdom of God here on this earth right now. What if it is truly so?

In the pre-mortal realms, a third of the hosts of Heaven refused to sustain the Brethren (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost). The fallen angels became Satan and the devils. They were kicked out of Heaven for failing to sustain, support, listen to, obey, and follow the Brethren who were in charge at the time. They didn't want to have anything to do with Heavenly Father's plan and commandments, and they got their wish. They didn't want Jesus Christ as their Savior, and they got their wish. They didn't want to have to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost, so they got their wish. They didn't want to follow the Brethren or the commandments of God, and they got their wish. God wasn't going to force them to stay if they didn't want to stay.

I have made the suggestion that history will repeat itself. I suggest that during the history of the Latter-day Saints (or the Kingdom of God on earth), a full third of the Latter-day Saints will be lost to a refusal to sustain the Brethren and a refusal to follow the Brethren. They will become disaffected with the Brethren (LDS General Authorities), or they will be excommunicated from the LDS Church for refusing to sustain the Brethren. Either way, the result will be the same. One third is a lot of Latter-day Saints who will lose their way; and, I believe that their apostasy will be traced to their refusal to sustain the Brethren and their refusal to keep the commandments of the Lord that we have received from the Brethren.

Unfortunately, I think my prediction will end up being quite accurate in the end. I know of what I speak, because I was one of those who had lost his way, and the Brethren had to come and find me and bring me back. Certainly, all is not well in Zion. A third of us are going to be lost, and for most of us, our loss will be traced back to a refusal to sustain and follow the Brethren. We will simply think that we know better and that humbly following the Brethren does not apply to us. After all, we know in our hearts that we are better than them, more righteous than them, more entitled than them, more inspired than them, and more intelligent than them. It's a matter of pride after all. What we don't seem to realize is that whenever we spit on the Brethren, we are also spitting on Christ. But, that won't matter to those of us who are lost.

Another revelation that has guided me regarding this subject is found in the Joseph Smith translation of Matthew 25:

1 And then, at that day, before the Son of man comes, the kingdom of heaven shall be likened unto ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five of them were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them; but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

(JST Matt 25: 1-3).

Notice carefully that it was revealed to Joseph Smith that the Parable of the Ten Virgins was directed by Christ to the Latter-day Saints and our time. Take note of the changes that Joseph was inspired to make in verse one. “That day” is our day.

The Latter-day Saints are the virgins who are invited to the wedding feast (the Celestial Kingdom and Exaltation) in that day before the Second Coming of Christ. Through baptism by real Priesthood Authority from God, the Latter-day Saints are issued an invitation to the wedding feast. Nobody else is issued the invitation. Christ is the bridegroom. It's all about Christ after all. So, what happens? What is the prophecy or the prediction? Fully half of the Latter-day Saints will fail to fill their lamps with oil, and thus they will be out following others or doing their own thing when the Bridegroom comes. Some will be of Paul, some will be of Moses, some will be of Joseph Smith, some will be of Rigdon, some will be of Snuffer, but they will not be of Christ and will not be Christ's.

When the oil-less saints arrive at the wedding feast or the Celestial Kingdom, the doors will be locked, and Christ will say to them, “I do not know you”, or said another way, “You do not know me.” They won't be let in.

What is the oil that we need to have in our lamps if we want to go to the wedding feast or the Celestial Kingdom? The standard answer is, “The Holy Ghost or a testimony of Christ.” True enough; but, people often use God and the Holy Ghost as reasons for doing some of the most horrific things and perpetrating some of the worst betrayals and crimes. To find out what the oil really is, especially where the Latter-day Saints are concerned, I have to go back to D&C 1: 38 where Christ the Lord said, “Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants the prophets, it is the same.” In our time, the oil is all of those teachings, commandments, counsel, instruction, inspiration, and guidance that we receive from the Lord through His Anointed Ones, the Brethren or the LDS General Authorities. The oil is LDS Conference talks. That's the kind of oil that we are going to need in our lamps at the last day before the Second Coming, if we want to make it to the wedding feast or Celestial Kingdom.

Of course, many will now complain and say that that excludes the oil found in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Yes, and no. The LDS General Authorities quote the Bible and the Book of Mormon a lot during the LDS Conference talks. But technically, the oil that was given to the prophets in the Bible and Book of Mormon can't help us here and now, because they used their oil or personal testimony to get to their own wedding feast with the Bridegroom. We need fresh new oil here and now, if we want to make it to the wedding feast; we can't rely on their old oil that is burned and gone. You need oil in your lamp. In the end, ancient oil in their lamps won't do you any good. You need your own. We need the teachings of Living Prophets here and now. We need redemption here and now. We need salvation here and now. We need our own testimony and our own witness and our own conversion and our own willingness to follow the Brethren (Prophets) here and now, if we desire to attend the Wedding Feast.

As some people know, I have taken exception to many of Denver Snuffer's most recent messages and books. Why? After all, Denver is saying what I am saying here, a third to a half of the Latter-day Saints aren't going to make it. Yes, I agree with Denver, all is NOT well in Zion. A lot of us are not going to make it. However, I diverge from Denver in one very important aspect. According to the parable of the Ten Virgins, half of the Latter-day Saints are going to make it to the Wedding Feast and the Celestial Kingdom. Half of the Latter-day Saints during the history of the Latter-day Saints are going to follow the Brethren into Heaven and the Celestial Kingdom and Zion. Those are great odds, especially considering the fallen Telestial world in which we currently find ourselves.

There is a disconnect there where Denver Snuffer is concerned. Something is not quite right there. I have had a hard time putting my finger on it. I recognize disconnect, because I lived and personified disconnect for years on end. One day I realized that during Denver's encounter with Christ, his explanation of the event, didn't fully fit with many of the other experiences of Latter-day Saints who have seen Christ and talked with Christ. Denver described Christ as a lonely, sad, rejected, pitiful, and dejected creature in need of our worship, friendship, respect, and love. Denver gave the impression that the Resurrected Lord is a sad loner and a loser, possibly depressed by the fact that we are all going to reject Him and He is going to lose us all. The loneliness and sadness of the man is what came through to me. That's the feeling or impression that comes out of Denver's messages, to me at least. Denver repeatedly seems to imply that we are losing and by extension that Christ is also losing. Denver seems to believe that the Book of Mormon tells us that we are destined to fail and that the Nauvoo period of LDS history proves that Latter-day Saints have already failed.

Recently, Denver has also taken to calling the LDS General Authorities failures and losers, destined to fail to bring Zion to fruition, thus necessitating a new restoration of the Gospel. With Denver, the only thing I now have to look forward to is the time when he receives the revelation telling him that he is supposed to be the new prophet of God and supposed to form a new council of the twelve and start a new church. Denver says it's not going to happen, but I wonder what he will do after the revelation comes. I suppose he will have no choice but to eagerly follow and obey. Of course, the other possibility is that Denver could repent, choose to change course, and choose to come back into the LDS Church; but, in his recent blog messages, he says that's not going to happen either. Frankly, I would have a hard time sustaining Denver Snuffer as prophet if God were to call him to be prophet (especially given Denver's current mind-set), because Denver Snuffer believes that we have failed and seems to believe that we are going to continue to fail. It's not a winning mind-set.

Now for the contrast, I have noticed that other Latter-day Saints who claim to have seen the Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ describe Him as glorious and powerful and as the personification of confidence and love, because He has already redeemed us, has already brought forth Zion, and has already won the victory. Christ can see the end from the beginning, and He knows that He has already won. They describe Jesus as being full of love, radiating love, and not as some kind of pitiful creature in need of our love and acceptance and afraid of our rejection. So, in the revelations and theophanies of the Latter-day Saints, who is the one who is sad, rejected, lonely, and deeply in need of our worship and love? If Christ isn't that way, then who is?

Sorry, but I want to meet the LDS Savior that radiates love rather than meeting Denver Snuffer's savior who seems to be starved for acceptance, respect, and love. I want to meet the winner, not the loser.

In Denver Snuffer's recent writings, Denver portrays the LDS General Authorities since Joseph Smith as losers and failures; and by extension, portrays Jesus Christ as a loser and a failure as well. In contrast, the Parable of the Ten Virgins tells us that it is not that way at all. Fully half of the Latter-day Saints are going to the Highest Heaven or the Celestial Kingdom, and they will follow the Lord's Servants to get there. Remember, somebody led those five wise virgins to the Wedding Feast, and those people would be the Servants of God or the Prophets of God, and by extension The Son of God or the Bridegroom. On the other hand, it was laziness and rebellion against Christ and the Brethren that knocked the foolish virgins out of the running. The foolish virgins (Latter-day Saints) were off doing other things when Christ and His Servants came to lead them to the Wedding Feast.

Christ tells us that He and His Chosen Servants are one and the same. Even if the 50/50 ratio holds true, and half the Brethren end up going to hell (which I don't believe will be the case), that means that the other half of the LDS Brethren are going to lead us to the Celestial Kingdom and the Wedding Feast. They aren't all bad, as Denver tends to suggest. Denver seems to dwell on the negative. I like to dwell on the positive. I wasn't always that way, but I have changed.

I like to think about the possibility of Christ saving and redeeming poor, weak, imperfect, worthless sinners and failures such as myself. I like to think and believe that Christ is fully capable of saving and exalting even the worst Brother among the Brethren, as long as that man is willing to keep trying to come unto Christ and His Kingdom. I like to believe that Christ can take a rebellious tare like me, rip all the tares out of my heart, and plant new fresh wheat seed in their stead. Yes, it has been very painful, but it's the only way a tare like me is ever going to get to where he is now trying to go. It will only be possible if Christ chooses to intervene on my behalf. I certainly won't do it on my own merits. If I ever become great, it will be because Christ made me great.

Think about it. If any of the Brethren are great or any of the Prophets are great, it's because Christ made them great. They wouldn't be great without Him. Without Christ, Joseph Smith would have been nothing more than a well digger, treasure hunter, and a farm boy. Joseph certainly wouldn't have had the skills or knowledge necessary to start a religion. Without Christ, Enoch and Moses would have stuttered their way through rather unremarkable lives. Moses would have had to fall back on his day job as a prince of Egypt. With Christ backing them, suddenly all things become possible, even the establishment of Zion, the redemption of the Brethren, the deliverance of Israel, and the exaltation of half the Latter-day Saints. Only those who rebel against the Brethren, and by extension rebel against Christ, will take themselves out of the procession to the Wedding Feast.

Christ is not a loser, He is a winner; and, He picks winners. It is estimated that there might be ten times as many of God's children living during the Millennium than there has been during the preceding portion of human history. The Millennium has been described as a place and a time where people, all people, will grow up without sin unto salvation. All the people who live during the Millennium are going to the Celestial Kingdom, with the exception of the Sons of Perdition who are born at the end of the Millennium. Imagine a world with no sickness, a world where everyone lives to a ripe old age, a world where every prayer is answered, a world where every resource is directed towards food production rather than war and defense. It sounds like a Paradise, doesn't it?

If 15 billion humans lived on this earth from Adam until the Millennium, and 150 billion live on the earth during the Millennium, what does that give you? That gives you 90% who live during the Millennium and are going to the Celestial Kingdom. Add our 1%, and that makes Jesus Christ a winner in a big way! Jesus is not going to be lonely or sad; and, Jesus is not going to be the only one walking the halls of the Celestial Kingdom, as Denver Snuffer and others seem to imply. Jesus is not going to be a lonely failure. Jesus and the Brethren are going to be winners in the end; and, they are going to do it together.

During the pre-mortal life and our First Estate, we put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ; and, He will come through for us in the end, in a very big way. Jesus will bring Zion, and He will succeed in every way; and, He will succeed in bringing a majority of the Brethren (LDS General Authorities) and half of the Latter-day Saints along with Him as well. Christ won't let our failures and imperfections get in His way. Jesus is in control and at the helm, and He knows it. He has already paid for our sins and has already redeemed us. He has already established Zion, even though parts of Zion might currently be a little sick, rebellious, and weak.

Personally, I believe that it will happen quickly when it happens. It will be like the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of the Soviet Union. It will seem to take place practically overnight. Like in the Book of Mormon before Christ's birth, we'll all be standing around thinking that Christ has failed and that Zion will never be established, and then the sign will be given, the road will open up, and we will stand all-amazed at how quickly Christ put it together when He finally decides that it is time to put it together. Practically over night, Christ will go from being a loser in our eyes to being a winner in a huge way. If Christ truly rose from the dead and lives and guides us here and now, and if any of the scriptures or the teachings of the Brethren are true, that's the way it will be.

Some of us need to relax and simply trust that it will be so. It took Enoch 365 years to establish Zion and make it ready for translation into Heaven. Enoch lived longer than what we tend to live nowadays. What was Joseph Smith's secret name in the D&C? Joseph went by the name Enoch. What do you get if you add 365 to 1830? You get 2195. Think about it for awhile and relax. There's time.

And, even if Christ comes tomorrow, how will it go down? When Jesus comes in glory and power, all of the wicked who are unable to have the Holy Ghost in their hearts or oil in their lamps will be consumed by the brightness of His glory, and only the righteous will be left. Christ will burn the tares, and only the wheat will remain. The wheat will be like Moses' burning bush. They will burn with the Holy Ghost or the baptism of fire, but not be consumed. In contrast, the wicked will not be able to have the Holy Ghost within them to protect them, so they will all cease to exist. Then Christ will take the righteous and establish Zion among them, whether they are fully ready for it or not.

Either way, Christ wins.

Christ could bring Zion today, if He chose to do so. If Christ currently postpones His Second Coming, He is doing it out of mercy to the tares, giving the tares a chance to repent and become some of the wheat in Zion.

Christ will be victorious in the end and will end up saving most of us who leave our Heavenly home and come here to get a physical body like He did. Yes, Jesus will have to get the worst of us processed and out-of-the-way first; but, it will take off like wild fire once the tares are gone and Christ is in full control of the situation during the Millennium.

It's a hopeful message, unlike many of the messages that I have been getting from others recently. One of the keys to achieving this wonderful blessing is to be willing to humbly follow the Brethren and go where they are trying to go, because Christ said, “Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.” Trust that it is so, and you will go where they go. For some of us, it will also require repentance or a change of heart. We are not used to humbly following anyone, let alone following the Brethren and God.

For most Christians, repentance is a four-letter word. For atheists, repentance is plain stupidity and foolishness. I know, because I have spent time in each boat, and I hated the word repentance. Everyone wanted me to change, and I couldn't change; and, at times I didn't want to change. “Just shut up and leave me alone. You repent! I don't want to repent.” I had my pride after all. Other times, I wanted to change or repent, but I couldn't figure out how to do so.

Repentance only works if it is willfully and deliberately chosen.

For myself at first, I had to call it “course correction”, or “a career change”, or “self-improvement”. I had to find some way to make it sound cool and reasonable. I didn't want anyone thinking I was a Brethrenite or some kind of religious fanatic nutcase; so, I had to think of it as something else other than repentance.

Eventually, though, after I had wandered down the road into darkness for years on end, it dawned on me that the path I was on wasn't taking me where I truly wanted to go. At that point, the only option I had was to turn around and go the other way. If you don't like where the path is taking you, then turn around and go the other way. For some of us, that's the only way to get where we really want to go. I had to turn around and start trying to walk back into the light. The teachings, guidance, and help of the Brethren, both local and general, has been very useful towards that goal, since I am now trying to go where some of the Brethren are trying to go.

It's nice to have help and to have examples and guidance to follow. I have been very grateful to the Brethren for that guidance and help; but, I had to be willing to change and I had to be willing to meet them half-way. It didn't come easy to me at first. I had to learn that evil speaking of the Lord's Anointed leads to separation from the Lord's Anointed. I then had to learn that if I want to go where Christ and His Chosen Servants (the Brethren) are trying to go, I am going to have to turn around and take a different path other than the one I was on. There was no other way. Jesus said, “Come follow me and my Chosen Servants the Prophets”, and He meant it.

I hope these words will be helpful to someone. I want to help people to avoid the trap and the deep dark pit that I fell into. When I look back and see all of the lost blessings and lost opportunities, it saddens me. But, the past is past, and there is nothing I can do about it now. Therefore, if I can help one person to avoid or skip the years of darkness and misery that I went through, I will have accomplished my goal.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Re: Whether by Mine Own Voice . . .

Post by DPeterson »

Dang you've got an ax to grind with Snuffer!

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

MegaManToo, your post kind of reminds me of the Book of Revelation. Most Christians think of Revelation and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and are filled with dread and terror. All the while, John really wrote Revelation to give us great hope in the future. Because, in the end, Christ and the Saints win! So when we speak of apostasy by some church members, it won't be the majority. And that's because most of us will have the Holy Ghost as well as the scriptures and the words of our modern-day prophets to lead us. If we truly follow Christ and continue worthy, we will have joy. Christ didn't restore his Church, just to have it fail. True, we are under condemnation as a people when we neglect the scriptures and our duties, yet those who do their best will come off victorious.

I do not buy into the notion that the whole LDS church and its leaders and members are under condemnation all of the time. We can do better, and we are doing better each year. Many LDS people I know well are truly the best of the best. They devote their lives in service to others. They are righteous people and I don't know why they should be under condemnation. Sometimes I think condemnation is in the eye of the beholder. If you want to be critical of the Church...leaders and members....you will always find something to complain about. If you are always looking for reasons to criticize the LDS church, you are sure to find them. That's kind of how it is when the Lord is using us humans to do His work. But if you look for all the good, you will find it. I have.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

The only thing is...God is the one that says the church is under condemnation. And, well, it's only the beholding of His eye that's important. You should read what He said. It's in the scriptures, try D&C 84. And that condemnation has never been revoked...so it's still there.

Edited for bad English...probably still bad English. :P
Last edited by DPeterson on May 12th, 2014, 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Enjoyed your post.

You are correct in that speaking evil of the Lord's anointed is not good. If you will hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd Jesus Christ you will speak evil of no one, period.

And as to the wedding feast, the invitation to the saints has been made; that if they will be equal in their temporal things by making sure from their rich and learned their wise and there noble of their house they will prepare a " feast of fat things" of equity and righteousness and justice where all obey his voice to see to it that all have a covenant and a deed to property given to them sufficient for their families needs and wants and join with the other tribes of Israel the Jews in doing this, and then come before him with broken hearts and contrite spirits the bridegroom will come forth to meet them upon this earth.

You may feast upon the words of Christ and know yes you must support all of your brethren and sustain all of the family of God upon this earth. And that you have been placed in the house of Ephraim and should know diligently your duty. Read the words of Hosea and Joel and help bring this bride out of the closet for the bridegroom.

Labor with your might to know every single thing that Jesus Christ has said to do and to be like and to know without a toe sticking out. That it will be his voice you hear echoing in your heart and mind as to what Jesus Christ has said upon the matter at hand.

Find out what true conversion to his word means as you do as he says to let someone steal away your goods and not ask for them back. And the time comes that you understand why he has asked this of you and rejoice in the chance to so do to manifest unto him that you hear his voice and that it is his that you will follow.

Support this house of Ephraim, which has proof that they are of this house holding the Stick of Ephraim in their very hands. The Lord has placed you here in this house, now labor diligently to know the words of Christ and to fast and pray that you might have his spirit to be with you of this oil that you speak of.

May the Lord Bless you and prosper you in this thing I pray for you, with the love of Jesus I hope, in my heart for you,

Your fellow brother,

Robert Sinclair:)

And be glad for the redemption of Zion is near even at the very doors:)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Please cite Denver's description of what you assert here:
Denver described Christ as a lonely, sad, rejected, pitiful, and dejected creature in need of our worship, friendship, respect, and love. Denver gave the impression that the Resurrected Lord is a sad loner and a loser, possibly depressed by the fact that we are all going to reject Him and He is going to lose us all.

AnthonyR
captain of 100

Post by AnthonyR »

MegaManToo wrote: To find out what the oil really is, especially where the Latter-day Saints are concerned, I have to go back to D&C 1: 38 where Christ the Lord said, “Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants the prophets, it is the same.” In our time, the oil is all of those teachings, commandments, counsel, instruction, inspiration, and guidance that we receive from the Lord through His Anointed Ones, the Brethren or the LDS General Authorities. The oil is LDS Conference talks. That's the kind of oil that we are going to need in our lamps at the last day before the Second Coming, if we want to make it to the wedding feast or Celestial kingdom.

One day I realized that during Denver's encounter with Christ, his explanation of the event, didn't fully fit with many of the other experiences of Latter-day Saints who have seen Christ and talked with Christ. Denver described Christ as a lonely, sad, rejected, pitiful, and dejected creature in need of our worship, friendship, respect, and love. Denver gave the impression that the Resurrected Lord is a sad loner and a loser, possibly depressed by the fact that we are all going to reject Him and He is going to lose us all. The loneliness and sadness of the man is what came through to me. That's the feeling or impression that comes out of Denver's messages, to me at least. Denver repeatedly seems to imply that we are losing and by extension that Christ is also losing. Denver seems to believe that the Book of Mormon tells us that we are destined to fail and that the Nauvoo period of LDS history proves that Latter-day Saints have already failed.
Megaman, if you think only LDS will be let in, you are mistaken
God told me to go to Missouri. I have been here a month and a half. God orchestrated a meeting with a man who is an Assembly of God minister. He is beautiful. Full of the power of the Lord. Who filled his oil vessel? Not any GAs. Christ alone. This man does not have any man inbetween he and God and he is one of the Lords servants on the earth. He claims no keys, but knows his Savior.

As I read what is quoted above about how YOU see Denver's meeting with Christ, my own spirit kringed. It offended my spirit. I am not here to defend the man. He does well at defending himself. Your words though sincere are full of poison.

The GAs have forfeited their right to build Zion. There are many poor among us, and they are building babylon. The good ship you sail on has sunk. Its has not produced Zion, but Babylon and are being praised while doing so. Zion is not being formed. And Christ is not happy about it.

DrJay
captain of 100

Post by DrJay »

AnthonyR wrote: Megaman, if you think only LDS will be let in, you are mistaken...
I believe you are absolutely correct. The Zion I see in progress is open to those of all faiths. It is a community based upon love for Christ and each other. http://www.churchofjesuschristinzion.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Jules wrote:Please cite Denver's description of what you assert here:
Denver described Christ as a lonely, sad, rejected, pitiful, and dejected creature in need of our worship, friendship, respect, and love. Denver gave the impression that the Resurrected Lord is a sad loner and a loser, possibly depressed by the fact that we are all going to reject Him and He is going to lose us all.
I have to agree with Jules, (I know a rare occasion) but if you (Megaman) are going to make accusations they are worthless without backing quotes and citations. That is a practice that makes a majority of the information on this site irrelevant. People makes claims which turn out to not be consistent with truth but are burdened with their own interpretations. And others here just swallow it hook line and sinker without validating the source. A woeful state. Of course it is a conundrum - make a response with over 23.5 words in it and it will be too long to hold the attention of most.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

brlenox wrote:I have to agree with Jules, (I know a rare occasion)…
The world isn't about to end or something is it!?! ;)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Read the words of Zenos for that answer. The vineyard has indeed become corrupted as their are no fruit being produced that are equal and delightful unto the lord.

So cry unto him to spare it a little longer you will see that he will.

So be glad and have hope. For the hour is near:)♡

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

MegaManToo wrote
” In our time, the oil is all of those teachings, commandments, counsel, instruction, inspiration, and guidance that we receive from the Lord through His Anointed Ones, the Brethren or the LDS General Authorities. The oil is LDS Conference talks. That's the kind of oil that we are going to need in our lamps at the last day before the Second Coming, if we want to make it to the wedding feast or Celestial Kingdom.
This is the opposite of what the scriptures teach. The scripture says they "that have taken the Holy Spirit as their guide" not the brethren, will enter in. Those who have not take the Holy Spirit as their guide will be cast into the fire. Words mean things. You are wresting the scriptures to make them say what you want them to say. The message of the Book of Mormon is to make your own connection to God or you will be dammed. We are to know God, not just know about him.
John 17: 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Two of the "Brethren" of this dispensation had this to say about following the "brethren".

“I am more afraid that this people have so much confidence in their leaders that they will not inquire for themselves of God whether they are led by him. I am fearful they settle down in a state of blind self security. Let every man and woman know, by the whispering of the Spirit of God to themselves, whether their leaders are walking in the path the Lord dictates, or not.” Brigham Young

President Joseph Smith read the 14th chapter of Ezekiel--said the Lord had declared by the Prophet, that the people should each one stand for himself, and depend on no man or men in that state of corruption of the Jewish church--that righteous persons could only deliver their own souls--applied it to the present state of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--said if the people departed from the Lord, they must fall--that they were depending on the Prophet, hence were darkened in their minds, in consequence of neglecting the duties devolving upon themselves, envious towards the innocent, while they afflict the virtuous with their shafts of envy.

Just sayin MegaMan

stillwater
captain of 100

Post by stillwater »

investigator wrote:Words mean things.
If I were going to get a tattoo, I would put this on my forehead.