Gospel Podcasts

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
alduckdog
captain of 10

Re: Gospel Podcasts

Post by alduckdog »

Leading LDS

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

According to the D&C we are encouraged to stay near the source. That means staying near what the prophets and apostles teach. I would encourage you to avoid the views of others because they don't have all of it figured out yet. The apostles have. I think some of you know that and are just bored of hearing the same things. So for people like that it's really nice to listen to the primary hymns. Also listening to stories of the book of mormon for children and some of the things made for younger kids but endorsed by the church leadership (and made through their direction) can be surprisingly uplifting, and a fresh feel. Plus the simpleness helps clear away and get surprising views of things.

People do better when they get away from clouded views. The other views by people outside of that are always going to miss a few things because they don't know everything yet.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

gardener4life wrote: November 8th, 2017, 10:54 pm According to the D&C we are encouraged to stay near the source. That means staying near what the prophets and apostles teach. I would encourage you to avoid the views of others because they don't have all of it figured out yet. The apostles have. I think some of you know that and are just bored of hearing the same things. So for people like that it's really nice to listen to the primary hymns. Also listening to stories of the book of mormon for children and some of the things made for younger kids but endorsed by the church leadership (and made through their direction) can be surprisingly uplifting, and a fresh feel. Plus the simpleness helps clear away and get surprising views of things.

People do better when they get away from clouded views. The other views by people outside of that are always going to miss a few things because they don't know everything yet.
D&C 88:118
And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.
If podcasts had existed when this revelation was given, maybe the Lord would have mentioned them too. "The best books" does not refer to scriptures only. There is nothing wrong listening to good podcasts. Sure, there are podcasts which might not be uplifting. But the point of this thread is to find the good ones.