Gospel Podcasts

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: Gospel Podcasts

Post by Obrien »

Yes, both LDS sources and non LDS are spreading the "repent or face destruction" message. It is a sign that God esteems all flesh as one, and is no respecter of persons. I watched the Jim Bakker (my bad on the misspelling in my original comment) shows on youtube IIRC. They were quite interesting, and well worth the time investment.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Early Mormon Audio

http://media.blubrry.com/early_mormon_a ... URPOSE.mp3
Purpose

Because the Mormon Church was established in a modern age, there are hundreds of books, novels, journals, sermons, and personal histories that exist today in the public domain (i.e., they are not covered under copyright law).

Many of these significant but little-known texts shed a fascinating light on this truly American religion from all angles and biases. The vast majority of these texts are not always easy to find, and–for the casual student of Mormon history–are often even less easy to read.

The purpose of Early Mormon Audio is to breathe new life into these old texts by turning them into professionally produced audio books; to make them easy to access and listen to in today’s busy, active world.

Our commitment is to bring these audio books to you the same way we would serve you a roasted and well-seasoned *elephant–one small delicious bite at a time.

One week at a time, our goal is to slowly create a massive, diverse library of Mormon-themed audio books from the public domain.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Very interesting episode of Trunews this week on Wednesday Nov 11. The first 15 minutes or so has reference to a specific dream regarding a nuclear attack on America, in less than a month. Worth a listen...

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

More interesting Trunews broadcasts this week. Monday was a 2 hour interview with Jim Willie that was informative like usual. Tuesday and Wednesday shows are equally enjoyable. Give a listen, or download the podcast and listen as you drive, work out, etc.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

The Spiritual Brain Podcast - Coming December 2017

Post by Joel »

This might be interesting: https://www.spiritualbrainpodcast.com/

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

Leading LDS

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

According to the D&C we are encouraged to stay near the source. That means staying near what the prophets and apostles teach. I would encourage you to avoid the views of others because they don't have all of it figured out yet. The apostles have. I think some of you know that and are just bored of hearing the same things. So for people like that it's really nice to listen to the primary hymns. Also listening to stories of the book of mormon for children and some of the things made for younger kids but endorsed by the church leadership (and made through their direction) can be surprisingly uplifting, and a fresh feel. Plus the simpleness helps clear away and get surprising views of things.

People do better when they get away from clouded views. The other views by people outside of that are always going to miss a few things because they don't know everything yet.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

gardener4life wrote: November 8th, 2017, 10:54 pm According to the D&C we are encouraged to stay near the source. That means staying near what the prophets and apostles teach. I would encourage you to avoid the views of others because they don't have all of it figured out yet. The apostles have. I think some of you know that and are just bored of hearing the same things. So for people like that it's really nice to listen to the primary hymns. Also listening to stories of the book of mormon for children and some of the things made for younger kids but endorsed by the church leadership (and made through their direction) can be surprisingly uplifting, and a fresh feel. Plus the simpleness helps clear away and get surprising views of things.

People do better when they get away from clouded views. The other views by people outside of that are always going to miss a few things because they don't know everything yet.
D&C 88:118
And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.
If podcasts had existed when this revelation was given, maybe the Lord would have mentioned them too. "The best books" does not refer to scriptures only. There is nothing wrong listening to good podcasts. Sure, there are podcasts which might not be uplifting. But the point of this thread is to find the good ones.