It's all over. Adieu

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

It's all over. Adieu

Post by AussieOi »

May god the father and his son, our Saviour Jesus Christ, be with you always, and bless you with his holy spirit.

Link to the Book that Chris Johnson discussed: Modeste Grau, The First Book of Napoleon, the Tyrant of the Earth, published in London in 1809.

Exploding all over the LDS blogosphere, right now. No doubt already here too.

It has been a wonderful journey

-------------------------

Quote:
And behold, it came to pass, in these latter days, that an evil spirit arose on the face of the earth, and greatly troubled the sons of men.

2. And this spirit seized upon, and spread abroad amongst the people who dwell in the land of Gaul.

3. Now, in this people the fear of the Lord had not been for many generations, and they had become a corrupt and perverse people; and their chief priests, and the nobles of the land, and the learned men thereof, had become wicked in the imaginations of their hearts, and in the practice of their lives.

4. And the evil spirit went abroad amongst the people, and they raged like unto the heathen, and they rose up against their lawful king, and slew him, and his queen also, and the prince their son; yea, verily, with a cruel and bloody death.

http://archive.org/stream/firstbooknapo ... 7/mode/2up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Re: It's all over. Adieu

Post by theBruceGuy »

Hi AussieOi,

thanks for sharing part of this journey with us. I have loved your thoughts and impressions expressed in this forum. I hope that you have a blessed time in the journey ahead and hope that our paths cross again.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Seriously, you're leaving?

If so, all the best.

But I seriously feel ill about you leaving. The end of an era.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Peace bro.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

sounds like he's declaring the final loss of his faith. That's got to be painful. I feel for ya Aussie, even if I'm not there with you.
Last edited by braingrunt on October 22nd, 2013, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

:-o

:((

bluberryfish
captain of 50

Post by bluberryfish »

I hope you're not leaving. Won't be the same here without you! : (

hyloglyph
captain of 1,000

Post by hyloglyph »

Aussie! Stay a while longer.

keep the faith
captain of 100

Post by keep the faith »

Why on earth would he leave this site? He has ample company here that feel exactly as he does about TCOJCOLDS and its leaders. One would think this to be one of the last places he would want to leave. Besides he would miss me to much. Much love from your favorite Yankee friend bloke. When I come to Aussie land the vegemite sandwiches are on me. Hold the mayo. Does anybody there serve Hula Pie for dessert?

http://www.tsrestaurants.com/hula-pie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jo1952
captain of 1,000

Post by jo1952 »

Love you, Aussie!!! :ymhug:

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

I don't think it has been posted on LDSFF, but AussieOI is referring to a presentation from an Exmormon conference over the weekend regarding the authorship of the Book of Mormon. The presenter had developed a methodology to compare various texts and determined that two previously unregarded texts had a high likelihood of being sources of the Book of Mormon.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Ex-mormons hold conferences? WTH?

I thought the idea of not going to endless meetings was a BIG plus to being out.

And they charge for it? Double WTH. Irony?

Gad
General of Ignoramuses

Post by Gad »

ajax wrote:Ex-mormons hold conferences? WTH?

I thought the idea of not going to endless meetings was a BIG plus to being out.

I know! It is crazy. I guess they take the person out of the church, but not the church out of the person.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

ajax wrote:Ex-mormons hold conferences? WTH?

They serve beer, so the meetings seem shorter.

keep the faith
captain of 100

Post by keep the faith »

Gad wrote:I don't think it has been posted on LDSFF, but AussieOI is referring to a presentation from an Exmormon conference over the weekend regarding the authorship of the Book of Mormon. The presenter had developed a methodology to compare various texts and determined that two previously unregarded texts had a high likelihood of being sources of the Book of Mormon.
Well that explains a lot. Aussie's fingers are getting carpel tunnel from having to post his displeasures on these exmo sites on that !@#&! iphone of his and coming to LDSFF is going to make him into a dang shriveled up cripple. One has to pick their priorities right? Irony indeed Ajax man. I love it. :))

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Gad wrote:I don't think it has been posted on LDSFF, but AussieOI is referring to a presentation from an Exmormon conference over the weekend regarding the authorship of the Book of Mormon. The presenter had developed a methodology to compare various texts and determined that two previously unregarded texts had a high likelihood of being sources of the Book of Mormon.
Definitely an interesting development. There was something of a movement in the late 18th and early 19th Century where authors would write their books in Jacobean English to mimic the sound of the Bible. The Book of Mormon definitely falls into that category.

Chris Johnson's presentation at the conference was really interesting, I'm looking forward to following the discussion that has already started.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Riddle me this? Why did angel appear to me the same as Joseph described his visit from Moroni... Not just an angel of light, mind you, but one with radiant glory and power that pierced me to the very core? Joseph didn't make it all up, my friend. Whatever else, his description of Moroni/Nephi/Whathaveyou was spot on. I am a witness to that. I don't know why. I don't deserve to be. I don't know how to force it or invite it, but nonetheless, I saw what I saw.

That said, thanks for keeping things interesting, and yes, "May god the father and his son, our Saviour Jesus Christ, be with you always, and bless you with his holy spirit." The same to you along your journey! All the best, brother!

jo1952
captain of 1,000

Post by jo1952 »

God reveals Himself to people all of the time. He also reveals and leads and guides and directs other groups of peoples. He isn't just the God of so-and-so, or this or that group of peoples; He is God of all. The LDS have the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Orthodox Christianity choose to cling only to the Bible. Other people have other scriptures. We have no idea how many other records of God's children are out there. Why would be surprised that we might come across a book that tells similar experiences to the stories we find in the Book of Mormon; or which reveals the same truths being taught? This does not indicate that the BoM came from someone else's group of stories. It is an indication that the same truths and communications have been taking place in more than one group of people. The original source of those writings comes from God. I would expect them to be extremely similar.

chemish
captain of 100

Post by chemish »

jo1952 wrote:God reveals Himself to people all of the time. He also reveals and leads and guides and directs other groups of peoples. He isn't just the God of so-and-so, or this or that group of peoples; He is God of all. The LDS have the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Orthodox Christianity choose to cling only to the Bible. Other people have other scriptures. We have no idea how many other records of God's children are out there. Why would be surprised that we might come across a book that tells similar experiences to the stories we find in the Book of Mormon; or which reveals the same truths being taught? This does not indicate that the BoM came from someone else's group of stories. It is an indication that the same truths and communications have been taking place in more than one group of people. The original source of those writings comes from God. I would expect them to be extremely similar.
i was thinking the same thing, and in the text Eliakim the Scribe's address to the readers it is very interesting,

he states
"...Let not thy feelings be offended, and withhold thy censure, until thou shalt find in these pages a single sentiment inconsistent with the spirit and principles of that holy religion which thou profess-est;...

AGStacker
captain of 1,000

Post by AGStacker »

AussieOi wrote:May god the father and his son, our Saviour Jesus Christ, be with you always, and bless you with his holy spirit.

Link to the Book that Chris Johnson discussed: Modeste Grau, The First Book of Napoleon, the Tyrant of the Earth, published in London in 1809.

Exploding all over the LDS blogosphere, right now. No doubt already here too.

It has been a wonderful journey

-------------------------

Quote:
And behold, it came to pass, in these latter days, that an evil spirit arose on the face of the earth, and greatly troubled the sons of men.

2. And this spirit seized upon, and spread abroad amongst the people who dwell in the land of Gaul.

3. Now, in this people the fear of the Lord had not been for many generations, and they had become a corrupt and perverse people; and their chief priests, and the nobles of the land, and the learned men thereof, had become wicked in the imaginations of their hearts, and in the practice of their lives.

4. And the evil spirit went abroad amongst the people, and they raged like unto the heathen, and they rose up against their lawful king, and slew him, and his queen also, and the prince their son; yea, verily, with a cruel and bloody death.

http://archive.org/stream/firstbooknapo ... 7/mode/2up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Farewell my friend.
I wish to express my testimony that Jesus will return, and that the great upcoming meeting at Adam-ondi-Ahman will be a TURNING POINT in world history.

To lose hope of Adam-ondi and the second coming, as some evidently have, would be sad indeed.

I pray for his coming, but realize from the prophecies that FIRST the church and the nation will undergo a cleansing... which is now taking place (evidently). It will probably get worse, and even more apparent.

Hannant
captain of 100

Post by Hannant »

This is very sad to hear about Aussie and his wife.

For those unaware, this is not a religious text, but a novel written in 1809, written in "scripture style"

Balls of curious workmanship, stripling, warrior captains. Much more than I can process at the moment.

Discussion here has gone exponential. No doubt this will go viral.

http://forum.newordermormon.org/viewtop ... =2&t=33164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Edit: I changed the link to a web site less hostile to LDS, you can find kinks from this page if you desire)

I cannot attest to the quality of this site or the comments. People have extracted bits from the book.

Also discussion includes the dime store novellas on Captain Kidd, who hid out on the Island of Camora, whose capital is the city of Moroni. I looked on a map the island is between Africa and Madagascar. Captain Kidd is real, the Smith family did used to look for his treasure using seer stones.

I do not know what to make of it either.

It is quite surreal, seeing someone I know and love, myself included, go through this.
Last edited by Hannant on October 22nd, 2013, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AGStacker
captain of 1,000

Post by AGStacker »

How is this any different evidence-wise to you Aussie than Spalding?

RaVaN
captain of 100

Post by RaVaN »

People don't critically think anymore? Just makes me shake my head at how easy people can be taken in by a pretty story they want to believe, rather than listening to God.

AnthonyR
captain of 100

Post by AnthonyR »

Aussie, you made me laugh and pissed me off. Your a good guy. Enjoy those waves out there amigo!