Denver Declares He is HIS Servant

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
avidseeker
captain of 10

Denver Declares He is HIS Servant

Post by avidseeker »

http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-sign.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunday, March 3, 2013
A Sign
When the Seed of the Woman was born, a new star appeared in the heavens. In like manner, when the Lion of Judah returns, as with his first coming, there will be a new star seen. All the world will note its appearance and shall be troubled at its meaning. When it makes its appearance, you may know His return is soon upon the world. You may also know by that sign that He has given to me the words I have faithfully taught as His servant.
Last edited by avidseeker on March 3rd, 2013, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Re: Denver Declares He is a Prophet

Post by Sheol27 »

avidseeker wrote:http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-sign.html

Sunday, March 3, 2013
A Sign
When the Seed of the Woman was born, a new star appeared in the heavens. In like manner, when the Lion of Judah returns, as with his first coming, there will be a new star seen. All the world will note its appearance and shall be troubled at its meaning. When it makes its appearance, you may know His return is soon upon the world. You may also know by that sign that He has given to me the words I have faithfully taught as His servant.
Has he been excommunicated?

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

This year a star, even two are suppoused to be seen

Zkulptor
captain of 100

Post by Zkulptor »

Only a matter of time... how can they not see the pattern? Once we start backbiting the Prophets it all goes down hill from there.... I pray I never do that ever.... we can all learn from this... so sad, I loved reading his book ( The Second comforter).

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Sheol27 wrote:

Sunday, March 3, 2013
A Sign
Why would he be? He is not trying to gain followers or unsurp any authority. He is not trying to speak for the church.

Raindrop
captain of 100

Post by Raindrop »

What does the sign of the coming of the Son of Man (some will say it is a planet, a comet, etc....) which Joseph prophesied have to do with Denver Snuffer?

That's like saying when we see the year without the rainbow, we'll now everything the Col said was right! :)) (Sorry, I had to use someone as an example. )
Last edited by Raindrop on March 3rd, 2013, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zkulptor
captain of 100

Post by Zkulptor »

Thomas wrote:
Sheol27 wrote:

Sunday, March 3, 2013
A Sign
Why would he be? He is not trying to gain followers or unsurp any authority. He is not trying to speak for the church.
No, not yet. He is however calling himself more than what he is ( a regular member of the Church) , without it coming from the Prophet... dunno... this is not right.

chemish
captain of 100

Post by chemish »

Zkulptor wrote:Only a matter of time... how can they not see the pattern? Once we start backbiting the Prophets it all goes down hill from there.... I pray I never do that ever.... we can all learn from this... so sad, I loved reading his book ( The Second comforter).

Why can't a normal everyday man have the spirit of prophesy in obscurity on his own independent blog, independent of the Lords Church but relating to the Lords Church?

Not saying i know he is or isn't a prophet in his own right but why condemn him?

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

We should all be prophets. What if I got up in testimony meeting and said that the second coming is near. Should I be exed?

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

Is he saying the sign has been given?

Zkulptor
captain of 100

Post by Zkulptor »

chemish wrote:
Zkulptor wrote:Only a matter of time... how can they not see the pattern? Once we start backbiting the Prophets it all goes down hill from there.... I pray I never do that ever.... we can all learn from this... so sad, I loved reading his book ( The Second comforter).

Why can't a normal everyday man have the spirit of prophesy in obscurity on his own independent blog, independent of the Lords Church but relating to the Lords Church?

Not saying i know he is or isn't a prophet in his own right but why condemn him?
A man with the spirit of prophecy doesn't speak ill of the leadership....period...

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Zkulptor wrote:
chemish wrote:

A man with the spirit of prophecy doesn't speak ill of the leadership....period...
I guess you are not familar with Snuffer's writings. He supports the leadership and has never said anything bad about them.

drjme
captain of 1,000

Post by drjme »

What is with people judging because he says a prophetic statement?

It doesn't mean he is "the" prophet for "the" church. In scripture we are told the fruits of the followers of Christ are miracles, healings and prophecy. And Not limited exclusively to "the brethren." But all his true followers.
Though only one man speaks as the prophet of the Church, the spirit of prophecy enables all to testify of Jesus Christ.

“No man is a minister of Jesus Christ without being a Prophet. No man can be a minister of Jesus Christ except he has the testimony of Jesus; and this is the spirit of prophecy [see Revelation 19:10].”14

“John the Revelator says that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy [see Revelation 19:10]. Now if any man has the testimony of Jesus, has he not the spirit of prophecy? And if he has the spirit of prophecy, I ask, is he not a prophet? And if a prophet, will he not receive revelation? And any man that does not receive revelation for himself must be damned, for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. For Christ says, ask and you shall receive; and if he happens to receive anything, I ask, will it not be a revelation? And if any man has not the testimony of Jesus or the spirit of God, he is none of his, namely Christ’s. And if not his, he must be damned.”15

A visitor to Nauvoo recorded that Joseph Smith taught the following during a conversation: “The Prophet Joseph [said that] … to be a minister of Jesus, a man must testify of Jesus; and to testify of Jesus, a man must have the spirit of prophecy; for, according to John, the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

chemish
captain of 100

Post by chemish »

Zkulptor wrote:
chemish wrote:

From what i have read and understand i agree with Thomas. Denver is an active member of the Church and supports and sustains his leaders and the Prophet and the Twelve Apostles. He just puts them into a different perspective, and what i mean by that is he condemns the worship of leaders and/or prophets and promotes the worship of God Our Father and Jesus Christ.

Zkulptor
captain of 100

Post by Zkulptor »

Thomas wrote: I guess you are not familar with Snuffer's writings. He supports the leadership and has never said anything bad about them.
Well I may be wrong, but I do remember he made some comments in the past that I didn't jive with....

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Zkulptor wrote:
Thomas wrote: I guess you are not familar with Snuffer's writings. He supports the leadership and has never said anything bad about them.
Well I may be wrong, but I do remember he made some comments in the past that I didn't jive with....
It's been my experience, that those who have an issue with him have never read any of his books. Judgement without knowledge.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Thomas wrote:
Zkulptor wrote:
It's been my experience, that those who have an issue with him have never read any of his books. Judgement without knowledge.
Ditto

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I hope he's right. :)

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

All my life, I've stayed up late staring up at the night sky, watching for a sign. I've seen many falling stars, they're all little signs to me. I'm still waiting for the big one though. :)

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Once upon a time it was THE president if the church
then in the '50s the marketing people got in.

It evolved quickly to THE prophet.

and they got middle.initials. very USA businessman.like.

the white shirts and synonymous look came along too.

really, it changed from there,,albeit with some public fighting, rightly too, against the convenient but relevant enemy.of communism.

since then, the franchise roll out model can only have one prophet.

and Denver it cannot he.

nor probably those 2 prophets who will be slain in jerusalem in all likelihood.

why so we deny the power of god to choose whinge wants as a prophet?

The existence of a minor, major, local, global prophet is gods choice.

his authority and speaking for his.church goes through the q of the 12. That's pretty clear.

beyond that , who is to say.

personally, I don't buy into DS. But I see no reason to object or get hung up on it. I don't think he is on an ego trip or leading people astray.

I'm.just sad so little of , relevance and substance (? Poor choice of words but???) Seems.to come from HQ that people's cups are filled by other people.

case in point "dad, we did d&c in seminary last year. Js gave us 100 sections.in a few years. Why haven't any of these men who you tell me.talk to god, given us a single canonised revelation.in 150 years?"

Juxtapose with telling me DS is a false.prophet?

aigerim
captain of 100

Re: Denver Declares He is HIS Servant

Post by aigerim »

I have read all of Denver's books and his complete blog. It was because of him I began to reexamine the scriptures and my relationship with the Lord. It brought me closer to spiritual aspects of the scriptures, spiritual things in general, and to a more defined direction towards those things that really matter.. Say what you want, I am thankful for his indepth analysis of the scriptures and his testimony of the latter-day work.

bbrown
captain of 100

Post by bbrown »

What's with the three title changes already on this thread? We should ALL be His servants...

CB

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Those who believed Samuel the Lamanite, a complete stranger, and all his words repented, sought out Nephi, the authorized leader in their church, became baptized and watched for the signs. The rest engaged in disputations, cast aspersions, stones and arrows. When Christ appeared in the flesh to them, he vindicated Samuel, His servant.

Those who have ears hear. Rejoice in the message. Don't shoot the messenger.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

And yes, we should ALL be His prophets and His servants. We'd be much closer to Zion then. But it will become much worse before it becomes a little better.

Raindrop
captain of 100

Post by Raindrop »

I'll rephrase.

Is Denver claiming the new star is his own prophecy? (Of course not. Everyone knows that came from Joseph Smith.)

Then why is he claiming that sign should mean (to us) his teachings are true? Why did he choose this prophecy? Why not say - "When the two servants in Jerusalem are raised from the dead, you'll know my teachings are true?" Or choose any number of other prophecies?

I don't see what Joseph's prophecy has to do with Denver. Could someone answer that without all the other tangential comments about what a prophet is, etc.?