Jesus in Britain [Documentary]

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Liberty_Agent
captain of 100

Jesus in Britain [Documentary]

Post by Liberty_Agent »

Here is a 6 part documentary that makes the case Jesus was in the British Isles as a child. Along with the Tribe of Judah.

Traditions of Glastonbury:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pHDN9IY_xA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gE7OjoRJbk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qyGFHVHebc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6V8U4Pt0WY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hBYhxiD99g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... oODFwV9zaI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dauser
captain of 100

Re: Jesus in Britain [Documentary]

Post by dauser »

The Bible comes from England....something about King James of England and the Bible.

Joseph Smith's family comes from the England. Ancestors? Probably.

I had heard that England means land of the Angels or angles or anglos.

Also heard Britan means Covenant man.

Glen Kimball with ancientmanuscripts.com has a lot of stuff on Jesus in England and other places

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Anglo-Saxons are a great people :)

sourcedist
captain of 100

Post by sourcedist »

full version is here... just for those who like a one shot view, instead of having to click on multiple links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIUmX6Sa3OA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony63
captain of 100

Post by Tony63 »

Yeah a Interesting documentary. William Walker (LDS) has written a couple of books on this subject, "In the Isles of the Sea". The Name which Isaiah gives to the "Israel" people. Williams other book also with a title taken from scripture "The Islands of Destiny" deal with this subject in great depth. See this link for a taster. I'm from Somerset, England, and these places described in the Documentary are on my doorstep, and they are places I have visited many times.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Islands-Des ... 1426960107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liberty_Agent
captain of 100

Post by Liberty_Agent »

I know of an academic in England that believes the British Isles were home to many migrant Hebrews/Israelites. Apparently the Isles were always a source of trade, not as isolated from the rest of the world as some have believed. Many Hebrews sailed on Phoenician boats, for trading purposes. Also, it should be pointed out this guy I know is an atheist, so he had no religious reason to believe he was partially descended from Hebrews. He just believed it from evidence he acquired and books he read.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

tell me more about the ISLE of MAN
and its parliament, the house of Keys
worlds longest running parliament too i believe

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

AussieOi wrote:tell me more about the ISLE of MAN

My family was from the Isle of Man, one of the worlds smallest nations. The House of Keys (Manx: Kiare as Feed) is one of the oldest functioning parliaments in the world it is the directly elected lower branch of Tynwald (Manx: Tinvaal),, the parliament of the Isle of Man.

More properly it is the Tynwald that is the oldest functioning parliaments in the world but the history is unclear at best. The word Tynwald like the Icelandic Þingvellir, is derived from the Old Norse word Þingvǫllr meaning the meeting place of the assembly usually a field and indeed the opening of the Tynwald is always done outdoors at an open air ceremony at Tynwald Hill at St John's, the Lieutenant Governor of the Isle of Man presides, unless HM The Queen as Lord of Mann, or a member of the Royal Family representing Her Majesty, is present. Here, all laws are promulgated and special petitions are received. In a very mediaeval manner.

Members are elected by towns and most are not representative of any political parties. Political parties are very weak on Mann which only has a population of 70,000 making it one of the world's smallest nations. The Isle of Man is not part of the United Kingdom or the European Union. It is a Crown Dependency with HM The Queen as it's head of state. It has it's own currency and finical and banking laws which some have described as a tax haven. Taxes are very low, Mann maintains no standing Army or Navy and only a small police and Coast Guard.

English is today the most common language with Manx spoken more as a hobby. There are about 1000 native MAnx speakers today all of them children whose parents were paid to raise them with Manx as their first language. Manx is very similar to Irish and is classed as a Celtic language.

vaquero
captain of 100

Post by vaquero »

Blake's poem, "Jerusalem", wonderfully set to music by Hubert Parry, was likely inspired. It has become England's de facto national anthem, sung at Summer Proms, football matches, and royal weddings:

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Jerusalem was in a sense builded among the mills of the industrial revolution with the mission of Heber C. Kimball and the subsequent apostolic mission of 1840-41, the fruits of which were tens of thousands of British Saints who heeded the call to Zion and saved the Church following the dark days of the Kirtland apostasy.

Bidding farewell to the villages of Downham and Chatburn, Heber C. Kimball was moved to tears. Feeling compelled to take of his hat, he remarked "I felt as if the place was holy ground."

Reporting his mission to the Prophet Joseph and recounting this episode, Heber was told:

"Did you not understand it? That is a place where some of the old prophets travelled and dedicated that land and their blessings fell upon you."

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Thanks very much for your post, vaquero; I love that HC Kimball story - and the song, Jerusalem, (with the music) is one of my all-time favorites.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

gkearney wrote: May 23rd, 2012, 8:19 pm

My family was from the Isle of Man, one of the worlds smallest nations. The House of Keys (Manx: Kiare as Feed) is one of the oldest functioning parliaments in the world it is the directly elected lower branch of Tynwald (Manx: Tinvaal),, the parliament of the Isle of Man.

More properly it is the Tynwald that is the oldest functioning parliaments in the world but the history is unclear at best. The word Tynwald like the Icelandic Þingvellir, is derived from the Old Norse word Þingvǫllr meaning the meeting place of the assembly usually a field and indeed the opening of the Tynwald is always done outdoors at an open air ceremony at Tynwald Hill at St John's, the Lieutenant Governor of the Isle of Man presides, unless HM The Queen as Lord of Mann, or a member of the Royal Family representing Her Majesty, is present. Here, all laws are promulgated and special petitions are received. In a very mediaeval manner.

Members are elected by towns and most are not representative of any political parties. Political parties are very weak on Mann which only has a population of 70,000 making it one of the world's smallest nations. The Isle of Man is not part of the United Kingdom or the European Union. It is a Crown Dependency with HM The Queen as it's head of state. It has it's own currency and finical and banking laws which some have described as a tax haven. Taxes are very low, Mann maintains no standing Army or Navy and only a small police and Coast Guard.

English is today the most common language with Manx spoken more as a hobby. There are about 1000 native MAnx speakers today all of them children whose parents were paid to raise them with Manx as their first language. Manx is very similar to Irish and is classed as a Celtic language.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

The videos have been taken down. The one at the single link above appears to have been based on "The Traditions of Glastonbury" by E. Raymond Capt. If this is it, there are other versions, such as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zluVs0v-xQw

"Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonism's Sacred Bloodline" by Vern G. Swanson places these legends in a broader context. This article discusses the first edition of the book, but there is a second edition, the "Revised & Enlarged Edition":
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/17063/b ... amily-tree

The book's thesis connects the legends to Joseph Smith, who Ugo Perego says may be Irish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIfWHiVpS9w

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

ParticleMan wrote: November 14th, 2017, 7:06 am The videos have been taken down. The one at the single link above appears to have been based on "The Traditions of Glastonbury" by E. Raymond Capt. If this is it, there are other versions, such as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zluVs0v-xQw

"Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonism's Sacred Bloodline" by Vern G. Swanson places these legends in a broader context. This article discusses the first edition of the book, but there is a second edition, the "Revised & Enlarged Edition":
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/17063/b ... amily-tree

The book's thesis connects the legends to Joseph Smith, who Ugo Perego says may be Irish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIfWHiVpS9w

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

dauser wrote: May 20th, 2012, 11:07 am The Bible comes from England....
So does the Book of Mormon according to Michael Sherwin.

mac
captain of 100

Post by mac »

The ancient Irish annuals record that a tribe called the Dan landed apon the south of Ireland, due to their superior weaponary they swiftly took control of Ireland.

The tribe of Dan of Israel was a sea faring nation, dwelling on the coast alongside the Phoenicians it seems obvious at the fall of Israel they took to their ships and sought a land were they could be dwell in safety.They like the Phoenicians would of known well about Britain and Ireland
The Irish annuals also record that Jeremiah the prophet and one of the daughters of the fallen King of Israel, along with the stone of destiny came to ireland, the very same stone that is used today when ever a british monarch is coronated.
Part of the tribe of Dans blessing stated that were ever they settled they would leave their forefathers name, hence both in Ireland, Scotland and England there are manifold places with the name Dan, Don, Den,Din, Dun also Denmark they settled, it became a sea faring nation, like unto the British.
Saxon means Sacs sons which means Isaacs Sons another branch of Israel, it was thru said Saxons of England that the greatest empire this world has ever seen was created and they Isaacs Sons took the bible and the good news of Jesus to the four corners of the earth, using that massive empire to spread the Good News.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

gkearney wrote: May 23rd, 2012, 8:19 pm

Fascinating post. One I've obviously overlooked these several years. I had no idea of any of this, especially that the Isle of man wasn't part of Britain/UK proper. Thanks.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Robin Hood wrote: October 31st, 2020, 4:24 am
dauser wrote: May 20th, 2012, 11:07 am The Bible comes from England....
So does the Book of Mormon according to Michael Sherwin.
The evidence that was so easily uncovered after the Spirit told me where to look declares it. It is not like I took years scouring the world looking for a coincidence or two just so I could be contrary to what JS declared. I looked in one place and only one place and found a mountain of very precise evidence--geographical, historical, demographical, anthropological and probably more "-icals" that I haven't taken the time to enumerate. But, by most, it is all so easily swept under the rug with no notice of the bump.
viewtopic.php?p=975612#p975612