Plasma (ELECTRIFYING) Universe thread..

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
AshleyB
captain of 1,000

Re: Plasma (ELECTRIC) Universe thread..

Post by AshleyB »

LoL...Mark are you asking if Matt is really Anthony or are you just teasing? I have talked with both Anthony and Matt through video chat and they are definitely not the same people. But, Im guessing you were just kidding? :)

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

You sure thats not you Anthony? LOL I have thought about the lack of traction that the principles of planetary catastrophe has gotten among most Saints and I've got an idea for you Semp. Most just don't see the connections between scriptural imagery and the plasma universe so why not make those connections clearer to folks by doing something like Gileadi did with the book of Isaiah. Do a paper or book showing a clear association between those scriptural scenes and how they directly relate to events of the electric universe and how it all fits together so well. Many Saints just don't have any exposure to these principles and may experience an aha moment if it is laid out for them in a very basic and clear way. I think maybe those like Anthony have not been able to make these connections in a way that most Saints could easily digest and see. Go through "the plainest book" and make it such. ;)
Great suggestion, Mark :ymapplause:
The info-dump approach doesn't work well for me....(unless it's about JRR Tolkien :D )

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

semp wrote:Anthony Larson has a 16 part series of online classes. What's great about them is they are live and as he goes through it he takes questions (YOU) afterwords to make sure nothing gets by you.
Just FYI, my dear friend, Tony (Anthony Larson), taught his last live class last night and it was sad to see them end and hear the disappointment in his voice. Due to lack of interest, he is no longer doing anymore live classes. He did, however, record all 16 classes and you may log in to his website, pay, and listen to them that way - there is no give and take, Q&A though - it's just listening to him talk, but it's better than nothing.

For as long as I've known him (20+ years), he's tried his level best to generate interest in the prophetic tradition and ancient cosmology as it relates to every single aspect of the gospel (including prophecy, last days, etc..) - but, there's been so little interest by the members - certainly not enough to keep the live classes up and running any longer. I highly recommend taking the recorded classes though, and reading his books and blog articles to see very easily where the gospel fits with all this perfectly.
Last edited by EmmaLee on January 23rd, 2013, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

I think for me....a major beneficial first step would to focus/have presented ONLY on the scientific aspects of plasma/electric universe vs gravity/big bang. Once that is digested, comprehended, then the progression could incorporate some of the scriptural/mythological similarities.

Just my simple thoughts on the matter.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

AshleyB wrote:Hey Matt. It's good to see you posting again. I have missed you. The last time I REALLY shared info on the electric universe and the correlations between that and ancient mythology/cosmology you and Heir were really the only ones who I know of who really read any of it. I feel so glad I shared because SO MUCH has come out of it simply because you came to see it and understand it and now you have shared it with dozens and dozens and dozens of people who have also come to see and appreciate these things.
Sometimes, one seed being planted sprouts many, many more. Thank your for your zeal and willingness to share with others. I get exhausted with it and withdrawal but you never give up . I admire that a lot. I really do love these threads you have made. I briefly spoke with Anthony about you on facebook like month or two ago. Did he ever contact you?
HI ASHLEY! Thanks for the nice compliments and introducing me to Anthony. It's good to be missed and posting again.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Exciting News Folks! The newest edition of Symbols of the Alien Sky by the Thunderbolt project is now available. It's amazing and I highly recommend everyone take the time to watch it. I have posted two short clips of this presentation earlier in this thread, here is the full version.

In this edition of Symbols of the Alien Sky Episode II The Lightning Scarred Planet Mars, David Talbott takes the viewer on an high resolution images odyssey across the surface of Mars. Exploring feature after feature of the planet, he finds that only electric arcs could produce the observed patterns. The high resolution images reveal massive channels and gouges, great mounds, and crater chains, none finding an explanation in traditional geology, but all matching the scars from electric discharge experiments in the laboratory.

What caused the majority of craters on Mars? From a consensus perspective, the answer lies in one of two ways: meteor and asteroid impacts or the remains of volcanic vents and caldera. But as the evidence says, this just isn't so and they know it. From the perspective of an Electric Universe paradigm however, the answer is quite different and perhaps difficult to accept: electric arc discharges of enormous power.

The features on Mars tell a story that includes incredibly violent events in the recent past when it experienced powerful plasma discharges on a massive scale. Vast areas show signs of excavation down to 10 kilometers below the mean elevation of the planet. Some of the shattered rock was accelerated electrically into space; some were blasted to earth; some fell back to the surface, where it was electrically sorted and deposited in hardened layers.

Burned and blasted craters, piles of scorched dust covering almost an entire hemisphere, and great trenches that wend across its scarred face lead to the conclusion that lightning millions of times more energetic than we know today devastated Mars. The existence of these formations constitutes a confirmation of the Electric Universe hypothesis.

@HeirofNumenor. Sorry to disappoint you, but there is nothing in the video presentation about how Saturn was the original lord of the rings. #:-s :)) It does touch on how ancient testimony the world over also gives validity to the electric burned and crafted Mars. Only a electric arch (Mega Lightning) could have produced the scars on Mars as proved in small scale laboratories. The ancients describe how their warrior god received his scars. It was the thunderbolts of the gods.

As a scientific follow-up to episode one, it provides a definitive answer to a question posed by the reconstructed events in the first episode. Was Mars carved from pole to pole by intense interplanetary discharge?

Symbols of the Alien Sky Episode II The Lightning Scarred Planet Mars
A universe that is 99% plasma requires a new vision of electrical connectivity—galaxies, stars, nebulas, invisible “double layers”—joined by webs of circuitry. Such a universe also demands that we reconsider all prior beliefs about the evolution of planetary surfaces and the nature of atmospheric phenomena on planets and on the Sun.

Advocates of the electrical discharge and electrical scarring hypothesis emphasize its greater unity and coherence over a broader range of data. The theory is empirically grounded, testable under laboratory conditions, and directly applicable at all scales of observations, from the microscopic pitting of tektites and concretions to solar vortices and the knotted polar jets of stars and galaxies.
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on March 7th, 2018, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

AshleyB wrote:LoL...Mark are you asking if Matt is really Anthony or are you just teasing? I have talked with both Anthony and Matt through video chat and they are definitely not the same people. But, Im guessing you were just kidding? :)
=)) =)) =))

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

@HeirofNumenor. Sorry to disappoint you, but there is nothing in the video presentation about how Saturn was the original lord of the rings. #:-s :))

Awwwwwww Semp, I don't know whether to be gravely disappointed that there is no LOTR connection, or to touched to my heart that thought of lil'ole ME! :D

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Semp, I look forward to watching that video the first chance I get.

embryopocket
captain of 100

Post by embryopocket »

Wow, awesome thread. As a child I loved science and learning about the universe. Reading the word of God one realizes that the prophets know much more about science than scientists. While I was in the MTC (Sept.- Nov. 2009) one of the speakers spoke to us about some of these findings and compared with the Book of Abraham. I believe he was an emeritus Seventy and told us that the scientific world knows very little about how the universe really works and that we should depend on the words of the prophets to learn how it really works.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

I found a incredible and mind blowing video. Those familiar with Double layers, Birkeland currents, Galaxy formations will love this...

A Russian/German collaboration is underway investigating and experimenting with "plasma crystals" on the international space station. According to NASA the data has already been sent back to Earth but there isn't any more info about it. The Russian website linked to also has limited info, though I did see a youtube of the Russian broadcasts from the ISS showing sneak peaks of so-called plasma crystals forming (they didn't look like your normal crystal to me). For some reason data for these kind of projects can be hard to come by.

One scientist from the Max Planck institute locked himself in a room for weeks (supposedly) just to come to terms with what he saw. :))
The experiment is described as a "shot in the dark" which "completely amazed everyone".

Apparently plasma crystals are a newly observed phenomena, plasma taking the shape of DNA strands etc, or forming lattices in mid-air so-to-

Plasma in space experiment... (Click on the cc button on the bottom of the video player to see the English captions/subtitles.)
Amazing what plasma does in zero gravity. Galaxy formations, DNA formations, Double layers, Birkeland currents...

3:30 spiral galaxy.... So cool.

plasma crystal paper:
http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~mkr/pubs/Thoma_K ... er-AJP.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Journal receives its first paper from space
http://phys.org/news/2011-11-journal-paper-space.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NASA ISS On-Orbit Status 4 January 2012
http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=39498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For more than 10 years plasma physicists have had an electrical model of galaxies. It works with real-world physics. The model is able to successfully account for the observed shapes and dynamics of galaxies without recourse to invisible dark matter and central black holes. It explains simply the powerful electric jets seen issuing along the spin axis from the cores of active galaxies. Recent results from mapping the magnetic field of a spiral galaxy confirm the electric model.

Now compare with this image taken in 1999 by Chandra (xray) of the supernova remnant in the Crab nebula. The press release says: “The center of the remnant contains a rapidly rotating neutron star- or pulsar- that is apparently pumping enormous amounts of energy into the nebula in the form of high-energy particles and magnetic fields. Chandra’s X-ray image provides significant clues to the workings of this mighty cosmic generator…”.

The x-rays trace out the path of electric current in the object. Note the axial jet and flat disk – look familiar?

All of the features of galaxies have been modelled by plasma physicists without the need for ad hoc additions of unseen dark matter or black holes. Plasma cosmology has one great advantage in that the phenomena are scaleable from galaxies down to stars, planets and the lab. So it is possible to bring cosmology back down to earth and do away with invisible dark matter, neutron stars, black holes and the Big Bang. They are unnecessary when the electric force is a thousand trillion trillion trillion times stronger than gravity!

Cosmologists cannot explain why spiral shapes are so common and they have only ad-hoc explanations for galactic magnetic fields. More recently, inter-galactic magnetic fields have been discovered which is the final straw to break the camel’s back. Incredible gravitational models involving invisible “black holes” have had to be invented in a desperate attempt to explain how the attractive force of gravity can result in matter being ejected in a narrow jet at relativistic speeds.

Alfvén’s lifelong experimental work laid the foundations for a new approach to galaxy formation. (1950s!!) Galaxies are often dwarfed by the full extent of electromagnetic radiation in their surroundings, and the source of these energies must be taken into account.

In the plasma universe, electric currents will intersect at critical points to drive an electric vortex, giving birth to spiral galaxies. This envisioned behavior of electricity in space is based on the laboratory observation of electric currents and electric discharge in plasma, together with supercomputer simulations of the way charged particles interact under the influence of electric currents.

This model was elaborated by one of Alfvén’s long-standing students and collaborators, the leading plasma scientist Anthony Peratt in 1986. I have posted many of Peratts findings on page 3 of this thread I believe. An expert on high-energy plasma instabilities and author of The Plasma Universe, Peratt used a super computer to simulate the behavior of a cloud of charge (a particle-in-cell simulation) illustrating the manner in which electric currents in plasma will generate the familiar shape of spiral galaxies and of other galactic structures.

Based on diligent laboratory work spanning decades, Hannes Alfvén developed a model of galactic circuits in which electric currents flow inward along the arms of galaxies, generating an encircling magnetic field. On reaching the galactic center, the electric charge that drives these currents is stored in a compact electromagnetic plasmoid—a rotating torus or donut-shaped structure episodically releasing its stored energy as jets along the galaxy’s spin axis. Alfvén concluded that this is how an “active galactic nucleus” (AGN) is born. From this vantage point, the electrical behavior of the galactic plasmoid, though often hidden by dust, is the confirmation of immense electric potential. Moreover, in this radical break from earlier theory, the newborn galaxies could in fact be lit by electric lights—the stars strung along galactic filaments as witnesses to interstellar power lines or current streams.

Why do we accept such science fiction as fact when an Electric Universe predicts spiral shapes, magnetic fields and jets? The cosmic magnetic fields simply delineate the electric currents that create, move and light the galaxies.

“We have to learn again that science without contact with experiments is an enterprise which is likely to go completely astray into imaginary conjecture.”
- Evolution of the Solar System, NASA 1976, H. Alfvén & G, Arrhenius, p. 257.
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on March 7th, 2018, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

The purpose of this thread, (particularly page 1)... is all about electricity and plasma, from the smallest scale to the largest, from Micro to Macro and beyond. I tried to show connectivity. That is the electric force influences matter at all levels, from subatomic particles to galactic clusters, leaving no room for the disconnected fragments of modern Big Bang and uniformilism theories. In other words, the electric Universe can explain almost everything we see in space and there is zero room for black holes, dark matter, dark energy. It can explain it all and doesn't have to come up with invisible substances that nobody will never see. Plasma and electricity are scalable. Everything we see in space we see in scaled down laboratory experiments. It highlights repeated electrical patterns at all scales that enable laboratory experiments to explain the strange, energetic events seen.

Here is a great example of Micro... This is so fascinating!!!!!!!!

Electrically Structured Water. This goes into the electrical components of biology. Gerald Pollack is professor of bio-engineering at the University of Washington. Dr Pollack studies structured water, a relatively unknown fourth phase that his team has found to be a common component of life as we know it. In this interview, Dr Pollack discusses new findings that hint at an electric function of this crystalline water that may be related to photosynthesis, but within the human body.

Gerald Pollack: The 4th Phase of Water | EU 2013 Off-Stage
GERALD POLLACK: Electrically Structured Water, Part 1
GERALD POLLACK: Electrically Structured Water, Part 2
The great thing about the Plasma (Electric) Universe is that it covers just about every subject. Geology, cosmology, biology, mythology, ancient scripture, paleontology, sacred geometry, archaeology, temple symbolism, prophecy, ancient history ext...ext...ext.. The reason why this is so important is because any real study in cosmology must include everything. Go read the Key to the Science of Theology by Parley P Pratt and you will soon understand that true science covers all topics. There can be no exceptions in true science. It doesn't know what the subject is and yet, our present cosmology tells us nothing about life and that is the most important thing to us. So the electric universe brings everything together, culturally and scientific. It touches every topic, and ties them all together.

“The most merciful thing in the world … is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents… The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but someday the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality… That we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”
- H. P. Lovecraft

Given the extreme fragmentation of established science today it is difficult to imagine that the enterprise as a whole could ever “correlate all its contents.” Yet extraordinary strides toward that “someday” envisioned by Lovecraft may now be possible through a new approach – one in which electrical phenomena receive the full attention they deserve, and all appropriate fields of evidence are included. To some, the prospects may appear every bit as disturbing as Lovecraft imagined. But for those who instinctively seek out unifying principles, the new horizons will be at once breathtaking and hopeful.
This “deep focus lens” for viewing the physical universe, from sub-atomic particles to galactic realms unknown before the Hubble telescope. The Electric Universe is a holistic answer to myopia -that narrowing of vision which naturally accompanies the fragmentation of knowledge and learning. For those with the courage to see clearly, the required “unlearning” of fashionable ideas carries no real cost whatsoever. The terror Lovecraft envisioned is only the first rush of uncertainty, when ideas long taken for granted are thrown into question by facts and simple reasoning previously ignored. The “piecing together of dissociated knowledge” will only require us to confront the deep contradictions in things experts have long claimed to know. With the courage to see clearly, the adventure itself could well be “the most merciful thing in the world,” adding new insights into the greatest dramas of early human history and vital perspective to humanity’s situation in the cosmos. Lovecraft did not realize that the “terrifying vistas” are but a mirage seen through an open door. The truth is always unified, and as such it can only be friendly to those who seek the truth first. As we pass through the door, it is not fear that goes with us, but the exhilaration of discovery.
-Wal Thornhill and David Talbott
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on March 7th, 2018, 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Food for Thought!

Early apostles compare the Holy Spirit and the way it functions to electricity. Which would explain the below scripture. Also note that the Big Bang and General relativity, have NO PLACE in the restored gospel and anyone who does is mingling scriptures with the philosophies of man! They are in direct conflict. What the scriptures and quotes don't cover too well is the Priesthood and faith in relation to the Holy Spirit. Anyone that is interested i will post more on these topics or you can see a great conversations by SpeedRacer, TheProfessor, Ashley B, and LittleLion here...
http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=17909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

D&C 88;

6 He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;

7 Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.

8 As also he is in the moon, and is the light of the moon, and the power thereof by which it was made;

9 As also the light of the stars, and the power thereof by which they were made;

10 And the earth also, and the power thereof, even the earth upon which you stand.

11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;

12 Which alight proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—

13 The alight which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the claw by which all things are governed, even the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of eternity, who is in the midst of all things.

Chapter 3 of Joseph Smith as Scientist by John A. Widtsoe:

All forms of energy may be converted into each other. Energy can not be destroyed.

It is only when matter is in motion, or in the possession of energy, that it is able to impress our senses. The law of the indestructibility and convertibility of energy, is of equal fundamental value with that of the indestructibility of matter. A great variety of forces exist in nature, as, for instance, gravitation, electricity, chemical affinity, heat and light. These forces may all be made to do work. Energy, in fact, may be defined as the power of doing work. In early days these forces were supposed to be distinct and not convertible, one into the other, just as gold and silver, with our present knowledge, are distinct and not convertible into other elements.

In the early part of the nineteenth century students of light and heat began to demonstrate that these two natural forces were different manifestations of one universal medium. This in turn led to the thought that possibly these forces, instead of being absolutely distinct, could be converted one into the other. This idea was confirmed in various experimental ways. Sir Humphrey Davy, about the end of the eighteenth century, rubbed together two pieces of ice until they were nearly melted. Precautions had been taken that no heat could be abstracted from the outside by the ice. The only tenable conclusion was that the energy expended in rubbing, had been converted into heat, which had melted the ice. About the same time, Count Rumford, a distinguished American, was superintending the boring of a cannon at the arsenal at Munich, and was forcibly struck with the heating of the iron due to this process. He, like Davy, believed that the energy of the boring instruments had been converted into the heat.*

From 1843 to 1849, Dr. Joule of Manchester, England, published the results of experiments on the relation between mechanical energy and heat. Dr Joule attached a fixed weight to a string which was passed over a pulley, while the other end was connected with paddles moving in Water. As the weight descended, the paddles were caused to revolve; and it was observed that, as the weight fell and the paddles revolved, the water became warmer and warmer. Dr. Joule found further that for each foot of fall, the same amount of heat energy was given to the water. In fact, he determined that when a pound weight falls seven hundred and seventy two feet it gives out energy enough to raise the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit.† This experiment, frequently repeated, gave the same result and established largely the law of the convertibility of energy.

About the same time, it was shown that light can be converted into heat; and later it was proved that electricity may be changed into heat or light. In all these cases it was found that the amount of energy changed was exactly equal to the amount of energy produced.

Thus, by countless experiments, it was finally determined that energy is indestructible; that, when any form of energy disappears it reappears immediately in another form. This is the law of the persistence of force or energy. In more recent days, it has been suggested that all known forces are variations of a great universal force, which may or may not be known. The very nature of force or energy is not understood. In the language of Spencer, "By the persistence of force, we really mean the persistence of some cause which transcends our knowledge and conception."*

It need hardly be explained that energy cannot exist independently of matter; and that the law of the persistence of matter is necessary for the existence of the law of persistence of force.

Universal intelligence, comparable to universal energy is indestructible, according to Joseph Smith.

Joseph Smith was not a scientist; and he made no pretense of solving the scientific questions of this day. The discussion relative to the convertibility of various forms of energy was in all probability not known to him. Still, in his writings is found a doctrine which in all respects resembles that of the conservation of energy.

Joseph Smith taught, and the Church now teaches, that all space is filled with a subtle, though material substance of wonderful properties, by which all natural phenomena are controlled. This substance is known as the Holy Spirit. Its most important characteristic is intelligence. "Its inherent properties embrace all the attributes of intelligence."† The property of intelligence is to the Holy Spirit what energy is to the gross material of our senses.

In one of the generally accepted works of the Church, the energy of nature is actually said to be the workings of the Holy Spirit. The passage reads as follows: "Man observes a universal energy in nature organization and disorganization succeed each other the thunders roll through the heavens; the earth trembles and becomes broken by earthquakes; fires consume cities and forests; the waters accumulate, flow over their usual bounds, and cause destruction of life and property; the worlds perform their revolutions in space with a velocity and power incomprehensible to man, and he, covered with a veil of darkness, calls this universal energy, God, when it is the workings of his Spirit, the obedient agent of his power, the wonder-working and life-giving principle in all nature."

In short, the writings of the Church clearly indicate that the various forces of nature, the energy of nature, are only manifestations of the great, pervading force of intelligence. We do not understand the real nature of intelligence any better than we understand the true nature of energy. We only know that by energy or intelligence gross matter is brought within reach of our senses.

Intelligence or energy was declared by Joseph Smith in May, 1833, to be eternal: "Intelligence, or the light of truth, created or made, neither indeed can be."† In the sermon already referred to the Prophet said, "The intelligence of spirits had no beginning, neither will it have an end."

These quotations, and many others to which attention might be called, show clearly that Joseph Smith taught the doctrine that the energy of the universe can in nowise be increased or diminished, though, it may manifest itself in various forms.[/quote]

Thus, if we accept Elder Widtsoe's argument, then the ultimate source of this energy is God the Father, but for us and all those who dwell upon creations created by Jesus Christ, that energy is centered in and radiated from Jesus Christ. From Doctrine & Covenants 88:

6 He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;

7 Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.

8 As also he is in the moon, and is the light of the moon, and the power thereof by which it was made;

9 As also the light of the stars, and the power thereof by which they were made;

10 And the earth also, and the power thereof, even the earth upon which you stand.

11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;

12 Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—

13 The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed, even the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of eternity, who is in the midst of all things.
From; Key to science of Theology by Parley P Pratt Chapter 6

Origin of the Universe

Boundless infinitude of time, and space,
And elements eternal! Who can trace
Earth with its treasures, Heaven with its spheres,
Time’s revolutions, eternity’s years?
But what are all these, when measured by thee,
But marks on thy dial, or motes on thy sea!

The idea of a God without “body, parts, or passions,” is not more absurd or inconsistent than that modern popular doctrine, that all things were created from nonentity, or in other words, that something originated from nothing.

It is a self-evident truth, which will not admit of argument, that nothing remains nothing. Nonentity is the negative of all existence. This negative possesses no property or element upon which the energies of creative power can operate.

This mysticism must, therefore, share the fate of the other mysteries of false Theology and philosophy, which have for ages shrouded the world in the sable curtains of a long and dreary night. It must evaporate and disappear as a mere creation of fancy, while, in its place, are introduced the following self-evident and incontrovertible facts—

First. There has always existed a boundless infinitude of space.

Second. Intermingled with this space there exists all the varieties of the elements, properties, or things of which intelligence takes cognizance; which elements or things taken altogether compose what is called the Universe.

Third. The elements of all these properties or things are eternal, uncreated, self-existing. Not one particle can be added to them by creative power. Neither can one particle be diminished or annihilated.

Fourth. These eternal, self-existing elements possess in themselves certain inherent properties or attributes, in a greater or less degree; or, in other words, they possess intelligence, adapted to their several spheres.

These elements have been separated, by philosophers, into two grand divisions, viz. “PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL.”

To a mind matured, or quickened with a fulness of intelligence, so as to be conversant with all the elements of nature, there is no use for the distinction implied in such terms.

To speak more philosophically, all the elements are spiritual, all are physical, all are material, tangible realities. Spirit is matter, and matter is full of spirit. Because all things which do exist are eternal realities, in their elementary existence.

Who then can define the precise point, in the scale of elementary existence, which divides between the physical and spiritual kingdoms? There are eyes which can discern the most refined particles of elementary existence. There are hands and fingers to whose refined touch all things are tangible.

In the capacity of mortals, however, some of the elements are tangible, or visible, and others invisible. Those which are tangible to our senses, we call physical; those which are more subtle and refined, we call spiritual.
Spirit is intelligence, or the light of truth, which filleth all things.

Its several emotions or affections, such as love, joy, &c., are but so many actions or motions of these elements, as they operate in their several spheres.

By these actions or emotions the elements manifest their eternal energies, attributes, or inherent powers.

In contemplating the works of creation, then, the student must not conceive the idea that space, or time, or element, or intelligence, was originated, but rather, that these are eternal, and that they constitute the energies which act, and the things acted upon, including the place and time of action.

The whole vast structure of universal organized existence, presents undeniable evidence of three facts, viz.—

First. The eternal existence of the elements of which it is composed.

Second. The eternal existence of the attributes of intelligence, and wisdom to design.

Third. The eternal existence of power, to operate upon and control these eternal elements, so as to carry out the plans of the designer.
It will be recollected that the last chapter recognizes a family of Gods, or, in other words, a species of beings, who have physical tabernacles of flesh and bones, in the form of man, but so constructed as to be capable of eternal life; that these tabernacles are quickened, or animated by a fulness of that holiest of all elements, which is called the Holy Spirit, which element or spirit, when organized, in individual form, and clothed upon with flesh and bones in the highest possible refinement, contains, in itself, a fulness of the attributes of light, intelligence, wisdom, love, and power; also that there are vast quantities of this spirit or element not organized in bodily forms, but widely diffused among the other elements of space.

A General Assembly, Quorum, or Grand Council of the Gods, with their President at their head, constitute the designing and creating power.
The motive power, which moves to action this grand creative power, is wisdom, which discovers a use for all these riches, and inspires the carrying out of all the designs in an infinite variety of utility and adaptation.

Wisdom inspires the Gods to multiply their species and to lay the foundation for all the forms of life, to increase in numbers, and for each to enjoy himself in the sphere to which he is adapted, and in the possession and use of that portion of the elements necessary to his existence and happiness.

In order to multiply organized bodies, composed of spiritual element, worlds and mansions composed of spiritual element would be necessary as a home, adapted to their existence and enjoyment. As these spiritual bodies increased in numbers, other spiritual worlds would be necessary, on which to transplant them.

Again. In order to enable these organized spirits to take upon them a fleshly tabernacle, physical worlds, with all their variety and fulness, would be necessary for their homes, food, clothing, &c., that they might be begotten, sustained, and born, that they might live, die, and rise again to receive their inheritances on their respective earths.

Hence the great work of regeneration of worlds, or the renovation and adaptation of the elements to the resurrection and eternal state of man, would also be endless, or eternally progressive.

Through every form of life, and birth, and change, and resurrection, and every form of progress in knowledge and experience, the candidates for eternal life must look upon the elements as their home; hence the elements, upon the principle of adaptation, must keep pace with the possessors who use them, in all the degrees of progressive refinement.

While room is found in infinite space: While there are particles of unorganized element in Nature’s storehouse:
While the trees of Paradise yield their fruits, or the Fountain of Life its river:
While the bosoms of the Gods glow with affection:
While eternal charity endures, or eternity itself rolls its successive ages, the heavens will multiply, and new worlds and more people be added to the kingdoms of the Fathers.

Thus, in the progress of events, unnumbered millions of worlds, and of systems of worlds, will necessarily be called into requisition, and be filled by man, and beast, and fowl, and tree, and all the vast varieties of beings, and things which ever budded and blossomed in Eden, or thronged the hills and valleys of the celestial Paradise.

When, in the endless progression of events, the full time had arrived for infinite wisdom to organize and people this globe which we inhabit, the chaotic elements were arranged in order. It appears at the commencement of this grand work, that the elements, which are now so beautifully arranged and adapted to vegetable and animal life, were found in a state of chaos, entirely unadapted to the uses they now serve.

There was one vast mixture of elements. Earth, water, soil, atmosphere—in short, the entire elements of which this mass was composed, seem to have been completely compounded, or mingled into one vast chaos, and the whole overwhelmed with a darkness so dense as to obscure the light of heaven.

Let us turn from the contemplation of scenes so sublimely fearful. Suffice it to say, the mandate came, darkness fled, the veil was lifted, light pierced the gloom, and chaos was made visible. Oh what a scene! A world without landscape, without vegetation, without animal life, without man, or animated beings. No sound broke on the stillness, save the voice of the moaning winds, and of dashing, foaming waters. Again, a voice comes booming over the abyss, and echoing amid the wastes, the mass of matter hears and trembles, and lo! the sea retires, the muddy shapeless mass lifts its head above the waters.

Molehills to mountains grow. Huge islands next appear, and continents at length expand to view, with hill and vale, in one wide dreary waste, unmeasured and untrodden.

The surface, warmed and dried by the cheering rays of the now resplendent sun, is prepared for the first seeds of vegetation.
A Royal Planter now descends from yonder world of older date, and bearing in his hand the choice seeds of the older Paradise, he plants them in the virgin soil of our new born earth. They grow and flourish there, and, bearing seed, replant themselves, and thus clothe the naked earth with scenes of beauty, and the air with fragrant incense. Ripening fruits and herbs at length abound. When, lo! from yonder world is transferred every species of animal life. Male and female, they come, with blessings on their heads; and a voice is heard again, “Be fruitful and multiply.”

Earth—its mineral, vegetable and animal wealth—its Paradise, prepared, down comes from yonder world on high, a son of God, with his beloved spouse. And thus a colony from heaven, it may be from the sun, is transplanted on our soil. The blessings of their Father are upon them, and the first great law of heaven and earth is again repeated, “Be fruitful and multiply.”
Hence, the nations which have swarmed our earth.

In after years, when Paradise was lost by sin; when man was driven from the face of his heavenly Father, to toil, and droop, and die; when heaven was veiled from view; and, with few exceptions, man was no longer counted worthy to retain the knowledge of his heavenly origin; then, darkness veiled the past and future from the heathen mind; man neither knew himself, from whence he came, nor whither he was bound. At length a Moses came, who knew his God, and would fain have led mankind to know Him too, and see Him face to face. But they could not receive His heavenly laws, or bide His presence.

Thus the holy man was forced again to veil the past in mystery, and, in the beginning of his history, assign to man an earthly origin.

Man, moulded from the earth, as a brick!

A Woman, manufactured from a rib!

Thus, parents still would fain conceal from budding manhood, the mysteries of procreation, or the sources of life’s ever flowing river, by relating some childish tale of new born life, engendered in the hollow trunk of some old tree, or springing with spontaneous growth, like mushrooms, from out the heaps of rubbish. O man! When wilt thou cease to be a child in knowledge?

Man, as we have said, is the offspring of Deity. The entire mystery of the past and future, with regard to his existence, is not yet solved by mortals.

We first recognise him, as an organized individual or intelligence, dwelling with his Father in the eternal mansions. This organized spirit we call a body, because, although composed of the spiritual elements, it possesses every organ after the pattern, and in the likeness or similitude of the outward or fleshly tabernacle it is destined eventually to inhabit. Its organs of thought, speech, sight, hearing, tasting, smelling, feeling, &c., all exist in their order, as in the physical body; the one being the exact similitude of the other.

This individual, spiritual body, was begotten by the heavenly Father, in His own likeness and image, and by the laws of procreation.
It was born and matured in the heavenly mansions, trained in the school of love in the family circle, and amid the most tender embraces of parental and fraternal affection.

In this primeval probation, in its heavenly home, it lived and moved as a free and rational intelligence, acting upon its own agency, and, like all intelligence, independent in its own sphere. It was placed under certain laws, and was responsible to its great Patriarchal Head.
This has been called a “First Estate.” And it is intimated that, of the spirits thus placed upon their agency, one-third failed to keep their first estate, and were thrust down, and reserved in chains of darkness, for future judgment. As these are not permitted to multiply their species, or to move forward in the scale of progressive being, while in this state of bondage and condemnation, we will trace them no further, as their final destiny is not revealed to mortals.

The spirits which kept their first estate, were permitted to descend below, and to obtain a tabernacle of flesh in the rudimental existence in which we find them in our present world, and which we will call a second estate.

In passing the veil which separates between the first and second estates, man becomes unconscious, and, on awakening in his second estate, a veil is wisely thrown over all the past.

In his mortal tabernacle he remembers not the scenes, the endearing associations, of his first, primeval childhood in the heavenly mansions. He therefore commences anew in the lessons of experience, in order to start on a level with the new born tabernacle, and to re-develop his intellectual faculties in a progressive series, which keep pace with the development of the organs and faculties of the outward tabernacle.
During his progress in the flesh, the Holy Spirit may gradually awaken his faculties; and in a dream, or vision, or by the spirit of prophecy, reveal, or rather awaken the memory to, a partial vision, or to a dim and half defined recollection of the intelligence of the past. He sees in part, and he knows in part; but never while tabernacled in mortal flesh will he fully awake to the intelligence of his former estate. It surpasses his comprehension, is unspeakable, and even unlawful to be uttered.

Having kept his second estate, and filled the measure of his responsibilities in the flesh, he passes the veil of death, and enters a third estate, or probationary sphere. This is called the world of spirits, and will be treated on more fully under its appropriate head.
Filling the measure of his responsibilities in the world of spirits, he passes, by means of the resurrection of the body, into his fourth estate, or sphere of human existence. In this sphere he finds himself clothed upon with an eternal body of flesh and bones, with every sense, and every organ, restored and adapted to their proper use.

He is thus prepared with organs and faculties adapted to the possession and enjoyment of every element of the physical or spiritual worlds, which can gratify the senses, or conduce to the happiness of intelligences. He associates, converses, loves, thinks, acts, moves, sees, hears, tastes, smells, eats, drinks and possesses.

In short, all the elements necessary to his happiness being purified, exalted, and adapted to the sphere in which he exists, are placed within his lawful reach, and made subservient to his use.

DISCOURSE BY ELDER CHARLES W. PENROSE, DELIVERED IN THE TABERNACLE, SALT
LAKE CITY, SUNDAY AFTERNOON, NOVEMBER 16, 1884.

"While our Father, then, is a person, an individual, it may be asked: "How can He be here, there and everywhere at the same time?" Well, He is not, in His personality; but He can be omnipresent in a certain sense. There is a spirit, an influence, that proceeds from God, that fills the immensity of space, the Holy Spirit, the Light of Truth. As the sun itself, a planet or heavenly body, is not present in any other place except that which it actually occupies, so the individual Father occupies a certain locality; and as the light that proceeds from the sun spreads abroad upon all the face of the earth and lights up other planets as well as this earth, penetrating to the circumference of an extended circle in the midst of God's great universe, so the light of God, the Spirit of God, proceeding forth from the presence of God, fills the immensity of space. It is the light and the life of all things. It is the light and the life of man. It is the life of the animal creation. It is the life of the vegetable creation. It is in the earth on which we stand; it is in the stars that shine in the firmament; it is in the moon that reflects the light of the sun: it is in the sun, and is the light of the sun, and the power by which it was made; and these grosser particles of light that illuminate the heavens and enable us to behold the works of nature, are from that same Spirit which enlightens our minds and unfolds the things of God. As that light comes forth from the sun, so the light of God comes to us. That natural light is the grosser substance or particles of the same Spirit. Spirit is a substance, it is not immaterial; it may have some properties that are different from that which we see and handle, which we call matter, but it is a reality, a substantial reality. And spirit can understand spirit and grasp spirit. A spiritual person can take the hand of another spiritual person and it is substantial. A person in body could not grasp a spirit, for that spirit has different properties to those of our bodies, and it is governed by different laws to those that govern us in this sphere of mortality. A spiritual substance, organized into form, occupies room and space just as much in its sphere as these natural particles occupy in this sphere. God our Father, then, is a person, an individual, and He really is our Father, actually and literally. We sprang from Him. He is the Father of our spirits, and not only the Father of the spirits of the Latter-day Saints, but the Father of the spirits of latter-day sinners. "

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Thanks for the posts.

I really wish I could go to that meeting. I'm interested in both theories (though the electric universe seems to have more evidence than the hollow earth theory).

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

I'm new to this very interesting theory so don't criticize me too much. I do work for a developer and things slowed down for me in between jobs. However my boss kept me on the payroll and he himself was still really busy. He wanted solar panels for his own house and he hadn't had time to research it. So I had the opportunity to research solar energy for him!

I learned that if solar panels get too hot then they don't collect power as efficiently. I'm not an expert but to me that tells me that they are not collecting heat but they are collecting energy/ electricity. In the winter they still collect energy even though it isn't as hot although the sun isn't out as long during the winter but the time under the sun might even be more efficient.

Also would someone explain lightning to me? How it works, what exactly causes it? Is it possible that the Sun sends out energy and when it gets blocked it builds up and releases in a more intense manner? They may not be the cause but would it add to the intensity? These are just guesses. I'll await instruction. Thanks!

Franktalk
captain of 1,000

Post by Franktalk »

Thank you so much for this thread. When I first heard of the plasma universe I instantly knew it was true. It explains so much. I have only scanned a few items but I will digest it all. Again thanks.

Frank

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Franktalk wrote:Thank you so much for this thread. When I first heard of the plasma universe I instantly knew it was true. It explains so much. I have only scanned a few items but I will digest it all. Again thanks.

Frank
It takes a while to digest the things on this thread. Semp has long posts and lots of videos - but it is chock-full of info that is fascinating.
Sheol27 wrote:Also would someone explain lightning to me? How it works, what exactly causes it?
Interestingly enough, the second link below says, "It seems hard to believe that we still don’t understand what causes lightning during thunderstorms – but that’s a fact." In any case, here are three links that may help you understand lightning better.

http://www.weatherquestions.com/What_ca ... htning.htm

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012092 ... lightening

The one below says lightning begins as a static charge in the clouds.
http://scijinks.nasa.gov/lightning

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Thanks A Random Phrase and others for all the compliments! Sorry, at the moment I dont have much time to update this thread and answer questions.
Sheol27 wrote:Also would someone explain lightning to me? How it works, what exactly causes it? Is it possible that the Sun sends out energy and when it gets blocked it builds up and releases in a more intense manner? They may not be the cause but would it add to the intensity? These are just guesses. I'll await instruction. Thanks!
Great question. I quote one of the worlds leading experts, In a report in geophysical review, november 2003, Joseph Dwyer of the Florida Institute of Technology stated that, according to conventional theory, electrical fields in the atmosphere of earth simply cannot grow large enough to produce lightning. "The conventional view of how lightning is produced is wrong, and so the true orgin of lightning remains a mystery".

Lightning for the most part is still a mystery, even with the best experts.

What's interesting is just last month Joseph Dwyer made this discovery. (Been known for a while since I posted on it on page one over a year ago.)

Thunderstorms contain ‘dark lightning,’ invisible pulses of powerful radiation
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... afc565e517
."But scientists recently discovered something mind-bending about lightning: Sometimes its flashes are invisible, just sudden pulses of unexpectedly powerful radiation. It’s what Joseph Dwyer, a lightning researcher at the Florida Institute of Technology, has termed dark lightning."
You can see another form of dark electrical discharge any day by looking at the LASCO C3 images. The bright jets are electrical in nature as evidenced by their clear, straight structures. The dark jets next to them are equally structured. What's more, the dark and light jets almost always appear in equal proportion.

Interesting stuff - what is the dark stream at approx 1:30PM at
https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/c3/512/

For a Plasma (Electric) Universe explanation see....
Weather: Fair, Foul or Electric?
https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004 ... eather.htm

I discuss lightning here...(Scroll down a bit. You cant miss it)
http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 75#p261693

Here are a few good articles you might enjoy that explain lightning...

The Electric Earth
https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005 ... -earth.htm

Earth: A Self-repairing Capacitor
https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004 ... acitor.htm

Seeing Circuits Part One:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005 ... rcuits.htm

Seeing Circuits Part Two:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005 ... rcuits.htm

Thunderbolts Picture of the Day: Topic Lightning
https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/00su ... #Lightning

I would also like to recommend the Thunderbolt Project on Youtube. They have space news segments a couple times a week and go over news from NASA. It's very informative. Also, many lectures from the EU conferences. Just browse and if you are interested watch and listen.

Thunderbolt Project channel on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThunderboltsProject

Thunderbolts picture of the Day
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/daily-tpod/

Also recommend Anthony Larson (Mormon Prophecy) and the Thunderbolts facebook pages.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MormonProphecy/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thunderbolts.project/

A good friend of mine sent me this the other day...
Chile, Argentina on Red Alert Over Copahue Volcano

Also check out NASA picture of the day for May 22

Red Sprite Lightning with Aurora

Few new image

(Left): The Classic image of the winged thunderbolt as shown on the reverse of an 8-litra coin from Syracuse, Sicily, Italy (214-212 BCE). (Right): Sprites over thunderstorms in Kansas, August 10, 2000, observed in the mesosphere, approximately 50 to 90 kilometers above the surface. Their true colour is pink-red. © Walter Lyons, FMA Research, Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America/NASA

A remarkable visual similarity joins sprites of all stripes, but especially the carrot, to the classic bilobate representation of the sacred ‘thunderbolt’ in ancient Mesopotamian and Neo-Hittite art, the Graeco-Roman world and India. In these cultures, the iconic symbol of the ‘thunderbolt’ is quite at odds with the familiar appearance of terrestrial lightning.

Carrot sprites have been described as ‘bundles of luminous tendrils that spread outward above and below a central bright ball’: ‘… the branches appear to start from small, localized ball-like features at or near the surface of the volume occupied by the sprite.’ This morphology is also characteristic of the mythical thunderbolt. So the vájra of Vedic tradition, which was carried over into Buddhist mysticism:

‘Its centre is a sphere which represents the seed or germ of the universe in its undifferentiated form as ‘bindu’ (dot, zero, drop, smallest unit). … From the undifferentiated unity of the centre grow the two opposite poles of unfoldment in form of lotus-blossoms …’

In mythology, this curious object is typically placed in the hands of a ‘sky god’ or ‘storm god’ as a weapon against cosmic enemies. For example, Greek mythographers related Zeus’ deployment of such lightning against the Titans during his battle for cosmic supremacy, towards the end of the sequence of ‘creation myths’:

‘From Heaven and from Olympus he came forthwith, hurling his lightning: the bolts flew thick and fast from his strong hand together with thunder and lightning, whirling an awesome flame. … flame unspeakable rose to the bright upper air: the flashing glare of the thunder shone …’

If Mount Olympus, the seat of the wrathful god, is correctly interpreted as a form of the axis mundi and the latter was actually a z-pinch plasma discharge joining the ionosphere to the earth, perhaps the ‘thunderbolts’ emanating from this abode were actually sprites.

Could upper-atmospheric lightning have been more intense and longer-lasting under unstable geomagnetic conditions? The possibility seems genuine, considering that – even under today’s tranquil conditions – ‘Sprites can last longer (tens to hundreds of milliseconds), but at greatly reduced brightness.’ Even at the present time, eagle-eyed people viewing thunderstorms low above the horizon from a considerable distance on an otherwise dark and clear night are occasionally able to make out sprites above the cloud tops. Perhaps incidental observations of sprites in the Mediterranean region of the first millennium BCE kept alive earlier memories of the divine lightning wielded by the gods during the great cosmic wars in illo tempore – a brighter, somewhat less ephemeral prodigy sustained by an electrically more active atmosphere. The same could be true for aspects of the ‘lightning lore’ of unrelated cultures elsewhere.

The nuts and bolts of how mega-lightning works physically remain far from understood. The closest experimental match to the complicated discrete structure of sprites – so far overlooked by experts – appears to be Anthony Peratt’s simulation of the evolution of a high-energy-density plasma z-pinch. At a late stage in the sequence, Peratt’s instability column is reduced to a central ‘oblate shape’ with top and bottom electrodes shaped like folded ‘cups’ or ‘arms’ surrounding a central feature:

‘The patterns can be lightning-like, ellipsoidal, triangular …, a lightning bolt or multiple filament current terminations.’
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on March 7th, 2018, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Man, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get through all the links and reading, but the pictures are awesome!! :)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

coachmarc wrote:Man, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get through all the links and reading, but the pictures are awesome!! :)
Yep. ;)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BUMP! Because Semp is back and this thread rocks.

More, please!

andsmith0723
captain of 50

Post by andsmith0723 »

Physics is a bit of a hobby of mine, and I feel like the Lord has been unlocking his mysteries to me for the past year or so. Before I had ever heard of the electric universe I had revelations describing exactly the same precepts and ideas. This is amazing to me because I thought that my thoughts were completely original, and to find that it was actually taught by Joseph Smith gives me even more confidence that the Lord is guiding me in my endeavors. I do not want to hijack your thread but I would love to talk to you about physics and such. I am working on a philosophy of physics theory called "Logos Dynamic String theory" or L.D.S theory :D. I started out reformulating the framework of quantum physics and general relativity to fit a model where the world of music theory explains the behavior of quantum physics, and this drew from the equations of string theory. Instead of using it to explain gravity with strings (which is a millionth of a billionth of a billionth of a billionth of a centimeter) I instead used the power of plasma to explain the vibrational patterns. This dramatically changes the size of the strings -equivalent to the power of plasma- and brings it into a scale which with further research we could actually observe. My ideas do not destroy general relativity, they simply change the way we think about it and provides a way for the scientific community to accept the electric universe while still holding onto their complex theoretical equations. Black holes...garbage. Dark matter...garbage. Not ALL of general relativity and theoretical physics is garbage though. What I have found is that when you use string theories equations, and tie it into the universe of music, combining diads, and triads, -virtually any combination of notes- you get a geometric representation in a topological world of those notes. You get mobius strips, you get the DOUBLE helix, you get complex knots that mimic the behavior of oscilating quantum strings. The problem with todays string theory is that the power of plasma is completely ignored. It still begs the question...how do these morphological particles change from one to the other with gravity -a very very very weak force-? They don't. These quantum notes do not play themselves. It's the power of plasma which transforms these particles and powers everything from the very small to the very large. That's the best I could do for a very brief explanation. L.D.S theory draws from several different fields of Physics and combines them in a radical way, with the end result it functioning like the electric universe. PM me anytime so we can talk! Also keep up the good work! I will be visiting this thread frequently :)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

What interests me the most is the worldwide archaeological evidences from ancient civilizations about Saturn, Venus and Mercury aligning in a huge display in the sky. Why did it change the way it did? Why did it happen? Apparently, the planets were much closer to the Earth back then, too. I'm also just barely scratching the surface as to how this "changing" sign in the heavens relates to us and to the temple, more specifically, the SLC temple. There's something about Saturn...

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

coachmarc wrote:What interests me the most is the worldwide archaeological evidences from ancient civilizations about Saturn, Venus and Mercury aligning in a huge display in the sky. Why did it change the way it did? Why did it happen? Apparently, the planets were much closer to the Earth back then, too. I'm also just barely scratching the surface as to how this "changing" sign in the heavens relates to us and to the temple, more specifically, the SLC temple. There's something about Saturn...
Saturn, Venus, and Mars. ;)

Read Anthony Larson's trilogy - take his online classes - read Dave Talbott and Wal Thornhill, watch their youtube videos, etc.. - all the above questions and much more will be answered.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Woops..I did mean Mars. The red planet. Sorry. From Semp: Saturn appeared to the ancients to be a pole star that was usually fixed in one part of the sky on Earth's northern axis. The ancients saw Saturn constantly straight up over the north pole. Thus on the Sat Lake temple you have Ursa Major or the Big Dipper high on the west wall of the temple which points to the North Star. So it is no coincidence that the planet Saturn stands above the big dipper (which points to the polar star, the immovable star) on the Salt Lake temple.

I watched this movie, which explained the phases of this...phenomenon. After observing what was seen it's easier to understand the symbolism of the SLC temple, which has many Saturn, sun, moon, stars and the big dipper stones everywhere. Then of course, the spires...perfectly symbolic of Saturn, Mercury and Mars configuration.

here's the movie. It's very fascinating, but gets really good at 38 minutes in.