Cleon Skousen | The Cleansing of America

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Cleon Skousen | The Cleansing of America

Post by clarkkent14 »

Hey all I just noticed on the Skousen site that a new book will be coming this December... "The Cleansing of America"
When Brother Skousen finished writing this book in 1994, he felt it was not yet the best time to publish it. He said the time would come when it's content would eventually be more applicable and helpful to members of the Church.

Since the passing of Brother Skousen in 2006, his family has contemplated that ripened season when it should be published. They feel NOW is the time.

Included in these pages are the events and stages the Lord has predicted, through his servants, the winding-up scenes of this world. It helps the student understand: the nature of prophecy; the known chronology of prophetic events; and the importance of staying close to the Lord and his Prophet during the difficult and challenging years prior to the Second Coming. We are fast approaching those prophetic events, and some are now upon us.

If we are prepared and obedient, we need not fear these events.
AWESOME!!! :D

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Re: Cleon Skousen | The Cleansing of America

Post by MasterOfNone »

Great - and I'm broke. I'll put it on my Christmas list :)

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

MasterOfNone wrote:Great - and I'm broke. I'll put it on my Christmas list :)
LOL Put it on mine to while your at it! 8)

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

The coming forth of this book reminded me of "The Book of Joseph" that the church might have. Joseph Smith supposedly didn't translate it along with the Book of Abraham. The church has not allowed the record to come forth yet, if they have it. I think the reason is because describes in greater detail only a remnant surviving. The more I study Joseph, the more I learn about the unfolding of things.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Its exciting to know that even though the wonderful W. Cleon Skousen has passed on, we still have more of his teachings to come. :D

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

clarkkent14 wrote: The church has not allowed the record to come forth yet, if they have it. I think the reason is because describes in greater detail only a remnant surviving. .

Why do you think this?

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

reese wrote:
clarkkent14 wrote: The church has not allowed the record to come forth yet, if they have it. I think the reason is because describes in greater detail only a remnant surviving. .

Why do you think this?
Interesting idea to consider, as to why. Might they contain information that is "scary" to many? It might, but I don't know that for sure. Though, an interesting concept to consider.

This much I feel pretty good about:
I think they have not revealed it because I am still to wicked to receive it. I'm working on it, though, so I hope it will be here in short order. :wink: Seriously though, I think it is because "we" are still to wicked and/or just not ready to receive it. :cry:

Let's preach the gospel, lengthen our strides, help build the kingdom, and look forward with hope to the day the LORD does reveal all things! :o

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

***UPDATE - 2/11/2010***
Thanks for your email regarding The Cleansing of America book.

We have acquired a publisher (Valor Publishing) who will print and distribute this book. Both they and us are very excited about their participation.

The text is going through some minor editing, and should be off the press in about a month. Sorry for the delay--we'd hoped for December last year, but it hasn't all worked out until now.

Thanks for your patience. Please watch our web site for updates.
Still waiting :)

TroyE
Hi, I'm new.

Post by TroyE »

The wait is over!

Go to: http://www.skousen2000.com/religious%20 ... merica.htm

You can fill out the pre-order form and reserve your copy for $17.96 plus S&H.

The book will be released the first week of April 2010 (I don't think under the circumstances the Skousen's will be saying "April Fools" on this one). A lot of people have been anticipating this books release. I glad they were able to settle the family's apprehention on the release of this book.

Merry Christmas!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Warrior of Light wrote:The wait is over!

The book will be released the first week of April 2010 (I don't think under the circumstances the Skousen's will be saying "April Fools" on this one). A lot of people have been anticipating this books release. I glad they were able to settle the family's apprehention on the release of this book.

Merry Christmas!
Thank you for the heads up!!!

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

Woohoo! Just pre-ordered 3 copies :)

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Jason wrote:

Merry Christmas!
Thank you for the heads up!!!
Looks like warrior of light beat me to announcing the pre-order. I found out about it through a friend who writes for Valor publishing just yesterday and her email indicates there are 3 other skousen books coming so I thought I'd share the email.
For anybody who's interested in Cleon Skousen's writings, I just got some
exciting news and thought I'd pass it along!

This is from my friend Tristi, who is Senior Editor at Valor Publishing
(owned by a friend of mine). Here's her email, copied with her permission:

> Before Cleon Skousen passed away, he wrote four additional books, and
> bequeathed them to his sons with the charge of finding a publisher who
> would
> take them on and do them justice. Valor Publishing, the company I work
> for,
> just signed the contract with the Skousen sons, and we are releasing the
> first manuscript in April of this year. How amazing is that—one of the
> most well-respected, knowledgeable spiritual scholars we have ever had, and
> there are four more books to add to his already well-established list of
> publications? And how amazing is it that I get to be part of it? I’m
> honestly so mindboggled by it.
>
> The first book is called “The Cleansing of America” and details the
> prophecies concerning America leading up to the latter days. In reading
> this book preparatory to editing it, I have been very touched by the power
> and magnitude of the words. I can’t wait to share it with all of you.
>
> And … and … I have even more awesome news. First thing Monday morning,
> you
> can go to the Valor website and place your preorder for 10% off, and you
> will get your copy at least a week before the books hit any store
> shelves. Monday
> is going to be an incredible day for fans of Brother Skousen’s as we have
> the chance to get in line for this first book. We are preparing our
> website
> right this minute to handle massive amounts of traffic we know will come
> our
> way on Monday – this is so incredible, and so huge, we will be busy
> processing your orders.
>
> Books ordered on Monday will not be shipped until the last week of March,
> but you will get your copy far in advance of any store. Please join us in
> celebrating this monumental moment in LDS literary history! And spread
> the
> word!
> Click here to get your copy, starting first thing Monday morning:
> http://www.valorpublishinggroup.com
>
>
>
>
> --
> Tristi Pinkston
> Senior Editor, Valor Publishing Group LLC
> http://www.valorpublishinggroup.com
> Bestselling Author
> http://www.tristipinkston.com
>
So if you're a fan of Cleon Skousen, keep watching. Apparently theres 3 more books coming. :)

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

What are the other books about, and what are their titles?

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

The Cleansing of American sounds like a great book! What a timely title, huh?

More books too, that will be interesting to see what they are all about.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

threepercentite wrote:whoo hoo!
3%ite you sound excited to hear it? 8) :lol:

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

I recently got my hands on virtually all of his talks. Some I had never even heard of. Some amazing stuff. :D

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

LukeAir2008 wrote:I recently got my hands on virtually all of his talks. Some I had never even heard of. Some amazing stuff. :D
Anything of special interest?

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

gruden wrote:
LukeAir2008 wrote:I recently got my hands on virtually all of his talks. Some I had never even heard of. Some amazing stuff. :D
Anything of special interest?
Some historical stuff like Life of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, J. Reuben Clark etc.

I love the stuff on Israel like Fantastic Victory, Building the Temple in Jerusalem and Beit Lehi.

Also Wake Up America, Secret to America's Strength and the Naked Communist etc.

:D

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

Merry Christmas!
Why is the family apprehesive about releasing this book?

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

I'd like to read an abstract or a chapter or two. I'm anxious to see what it says.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

We've been watching a series of DVD's with him where he narrates Christ's last days over in Israel and he takes you on a walk of all the places where Christ was when certain events occurred and he tells you, in great detail, what happened, why and what occurred next. Been watching them for family night lately. It looks like they were originally on VHS and then were transferred to DVD, which makes sense because the date at the end of DVD's is 1985. The guy is amazing with what he knows about church history and the last days of Christ's life. Sounds like he is even more knowledgeable about last days' events... I'm definitely going to order a copy... after watching so many DVD's of him, we feel like we've come to know him personally... what a great man. :D

Ephraim09
captain of 10

Post by Ephraim09 »

Super excited to hear this!!!

I actually got to know him a few months before he died. All the way up to his death, he held weekly classes in his basement library. It was a blast. Maybe 40-50 people could fit down there. It was a special experience, and one I'm grateful for. I can remember sitting next to him and he held my hand for awhile. Through his grip and in his eyes I could feel his love for his fellow saints and patriots.

I remember him talking about these books yet to come. He felt pretty sure it would cause a ruckus.

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

Ephraim09 wrote:Super excited to hear this!!!

I actually got to know him a few months before he died. All the way up to his death, he held weekly classes in his basement library. It was a blast. Maybe 40-50 people could fit down there. It was a special experience, and one I'm grateful for. I can remember sitting next to him and he held my hand for awhile. Through his grip and in his eyes I could feel his love for his fellow saints and patriots.

I remember him talking about these books yet to come. He felt pretty sure it would cause a ruckus.
I love Cleon Skousen too. I have read and own many of his books. Why did he think these books coming out would cause a ruckus? and with whom?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

As a topic, the cleansing of America is certainly not a feel-good subject. According to my understanding of the cleansing, most of which I got from Brother Skousen, our nation will be beset by considerable devistation: untimely death, destruction, blood and horror. This is not a subject I would want to discuss in public from atop a soap box. It seems to me a very delicate subject.

reese
captain of 1,000

Post by reese »

lundbaek wrote:As a topic, the cleansing of America is certainly not a feel-good subject. According to my understanding of the cleansing, most of which I got from Brother Skousen, our nation will be beset by considerable devistation: untimely death, destruction, blood and horror. This is not a subject I would want to discuss in public from atop a soap box. It seems to me a very delicate subject.

I can see that. But wouldn't this book mostly be circulated in LDS circles? Actually I guess after the 5000 Year Leap a lot of LDS and non-LDS would be looking at it. I for one can't wait to get it in my hands!