Latter-day Conservative Bookstore (new)

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
creator
(of the Forum)

Latter-day Conservative Bookstore (new)

Post by creator »

There is now a Latter-day Conservative Bookstore!

https://www.ldsfreedombooks.com

The bookstore features paperback books, ebooks, and audio books, covering topics such as: the principles of agency, freedom, and liberty, proper role of government, and secret combinations.

The paperback books are also available in kindle format via amazon.com

Visit the bookstore here: https://www.ldsfreedombooks.com

(Updated 2020)

ShineOn
captain of 100

Post by ShineOn »

That's pretty cool. Good idea. And the books you chose are a good start.

Gary R. Van Horn
captain of 10

"A Glorious Standard for All Mankind"

Post by Gary R. Van Horn »

You might want to consider this new book by Christopher S. Bentley. It contains many statements by the Presidents of the LDS Church in support of the Constitution of the United States.

Faithful Latter-Day Saints will furnish themselvest with effective ammunition to combat the enemies of Christ within the Church if they read and use the words of the Latter-Day Prophets on this vital subject.

Let the battle lines be drawn. Both the wheat and the tares are becoming fully ripened.

Gary VH

stan
captain of 10

Re: Latter-day Conservative Bookstore (new)

Post by stan »

Newquest's book is my favoriate. I used it extensively in two (unsuccessful) campaigns for congress.
I have a book to add to your list. It is about God calling a young boy to take His will into politics. It is posted at stanwarner.com
stan

obamohno
captain of 100

Post by obamohno »

I just ordered the $129 deal for the whole store content.

What am I in for, can I handle this much truth.

YIKES :D :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :mrgreen:

stan
captain of 10

Post by stan »

Good luck with your books.
As i remember Elder Benson, in conference, mentioned to the church and the world, that Prophets, Principles and National Survival should be studied by us all.
God bless your readings,
Stan

obamohno
captain of 100

Post by obamohno »

stan wrote:Good luck with your books.
As i remember Elder Benson, in conference, mentioned to the church and the world, that Prophets, Principles and National Survival should be studied by us all.
God bless your readings,
Stan
TY Sir, you too!

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Would you also be recommending the Constitutional Studies materials located here?

http://www.nccs.net/

A Me
captain of 100

Post by A Me »

Sorry... book withdrawn because I'm pretty sure you can find it at B&N.

ilyan
captain of 10

Post by ilyan »

I just wrote and published a fiction book called Earth Sink that is very relevant to current events and future events. How can I get my book into this new LDS conservative bookstore? It sounds like the perfect place to make a book like this available.

Here's my website for anyone interested:

http://www.wix.com/ilyanlavanway/Earth-Sink
Attachments
Earth Sink book front cover.jpg
Earth Sink book front cover.jpg (129.69 KiB) Viewed 13502 times

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

Can you advise me what the delivery costs are running at for Canada?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

theBruceGuy wrote:Can you advise me what the delivery costs are running at for Canada?
It depends on what you are ordering (the total weight of the package). You can go to http://www.ldsfreedombooks.com - add products to the cart, go to the checkout and select Canada and you'll see the shipping cost.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A book I recommend is THE DOCTRINE OF LIBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON by AZ Congressman Andy Biggs.

Andy Biggs wrote THE DOCTRINE OF LIBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON to address a complacency among Latter-day Saints on things political. Its purpose in to remind Latter-day Saints of the vital role freedom plays in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to give the reader an appreciation for the freedoms inherent in each of Heavenly Father's children. The Book of Mormon was the only scriptural reference used in writing THE DOCTRINE OF LIBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON The Book of Mormon's instruction on freedom and our obligation to fight against all efforts to take away liberty is clear. It teaches that complacency of the righteous in an evil world allows Satan to triumph.

Excerpts from THE DOCTRINE OF LIBERTY - INSIGHTS FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON

"The Doctrine of Liberty" was written to address the profound complacency within the Latter-day Saint community on all things political. The purpose of this book is to remind Latter-day Saints of the vital role freedom plays in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to give the reader an appreciation for the freedoms inherent in each of Heavenly Father's children."

"The Book of Mormon was the only scriptural reference used in writing "The Doctrine of Liberty". The Book of Mormon's instruction on freedom and our obligation to fight against all who would take away liberty is clear. It teaches that complacency of the righteous in a evil world allows Satan to triumph."

"I perceive a widespread complacency within the Latter-day Saint community on all things political....There is a widespread acceptance of socialized government in the name of "charity"." (Pg. i)

"...the Book of Mormon...reveals the design and will of Heavenly Father concerning the political liberty of His children...we have a doctrinal imperative to preserve liberty." (Pg. ii)

"...many in the LDS community...confuse scriptural admonitions to be charitable as a license for the state to use its nearly unlimited powers to confiscate from some people and to distribute what is taken to others."

"Agency in necessary to allow mankind to individually make the choices that will allow him to return to Heavenly Father. Freedom, in that sense, and agency are the same." (Pg 39)

"Liberty is essential for each person to grow in temporal ways to further his capability and help the church complete its earthly mission." (Pg. 39)

"Mormon wanted latter-day readers to be aware of the importance of freedom and the consequences of neglecting personal liberty." (Pg. 40)

"Without liberty people cannot progress; their ability to worship is hindered which prevents development of personal righteousness." (Pg. 51)

"The transgressions that would lead to the destruction of the Church in Captain Moroni's time include the failure to stand up against the wicked men who were seeking to enslave the Nephites. He suggests that it is a sin to passively allow liberty to be taken away. Similarly, it is a sin today to allow our freedom to be dissolved by wicked men and women." (Pg. 71)

"...many in the LDS community seem to have little regard for the freedom and agency of their fellows. They seem to give little thought when attempting to compel their neighbors to do something." (Pg. 219)

"More than 30 chapters in the records of Alma and Helaman focus on the wars and conflicts between the Nephites and Lamanites. Interestingly, these books chronicle the last 90 years before Christ's birth."

"One should always reflect on why Mormon, or any of the other writers of the Book of Mormon included certain passages in the Book of Mormon. Upon serious reflection of the warring period, thoughtful readers will certainly come to the conclusion that Mormon wanted latter-day readers to be aware of the importance of freedom and the consequences of neglecting personal liberty."

"At a Church Education System Symposium on the campus of Brigham Young University a lecturer admitted he was at a loss as to why Mormon, the compiler of ancient records, had bothered to include the Section from Alma 43 through Alma 62 in his abridgement. The presenter asserted that this was a disturbing account of wars that did not seem to have much relevance to the Gospel of peace. He believed that we should spend little time in these chapters when teaching the seminary students. Is it any wonder that the latest generation of Mormons, "good" men and women, struggle so with understanding liberty and its relevance to the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

"The preeminence of freedom as a fundamental principle of LDS doctrine is clearly revealed in the chapters Alma 43 through 3 Nephi 11.....There was constant warfare between those who would destroy the nation and those who would preserve the state; those who would enslave people and those who fight for liberty."

"The battle to preserve freedom included two threats, one from outside the Nephite nation and the other from within. The conflict was with the external threat of the Lamanites and with the internal threat from people who wished to enslave the Nephites in order to obtain power for themselves."

"We learn the necessity of fighting for liberty in the warring period of the Book of Mormon.....We can learn what freedom is and how the adversaries of freedom work by studying these Book of Mormon leaders."

"Mormon must have felt the spirit constrain him to include the events of the Nephites and Captain Moroni as a warning and example to our generation."