"Awakening To Our Awful Situation"

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I attended the Jack Monnett in the Cottonwood Mall last evening. 2 things I came away with. (1.) Preparedness, (2.) A lot of people are not doing their homework. Something was said about additional meetings at that locations on Saturdays, but as usual, I didn't always hear very well, thanks in part to some idiots' cell phones close to me. I had to leave at 9 pm. Did I miss anything serious after that?

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Post by John Adams »

Can you expound on "a lot of people are not doing their homework"?

creator
(of the Forum)

GPE

Post by creator »

additional meetings at that locations on Saturdays
It's called "The Gathering Place Expo" - that will take place on Saturdays.
They provided this web address to find out more:
http://hbntoday.com/gpe/
Not all of it will be about politically themed topics.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

JD asked me on 29 Dec last year "Can you expound on "a lot of people are not doing their homework"?" Sorry for the neglect. Sthat's an important matter. By "homework" I mean reading and studying the scriptures that elaborate on the history and future of America, on the Gadiantons, and then seeking out greater understanding of these subjects in a way that they will be led to sources that will be most helpful to them. The Church no longer offers guidance in this endeavour, because to do so would bring the wrath of the LDGs down on the Church. So this is something we have to do on our own.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Elder Bushe

Post by WYp8riot »

Has anyone read Elder Bushe (spelling) book?

I found it interesting as he explained his early years as a German citizen and how he and his family and many well meaning german citizens supported Hitler and thought he was doing the country good, reading that book made me think of how many of our people have parallel perceptions of Bush Administration and its historicly similiar behaviors to Hitler.

Is it co-incidence?

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I just ordered this book from Brian. My review will be forthcoming. :D

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

ChelC wrote:I just ordered this book from Brian. My review will be forthcoming. :D
My father in law just gave me a copy of this. It is on the list to read.

Shawn

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I ordered it too! Waiting for it to come and then read read read!!!

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

I read it. I loved it :)

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

though as for ease of understanding, especially for newbies, I think Hiding in Plain Sight is a better starting point. especially for the distinction of total control vs effective control, and the different layers of secret combinations.

I plan to go back to Dr. Monett's book soon and refresh.

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

Just finished this book. I was a bit skeptical at first, but this is absolutely the best modern day work on the combine that I have read. In the foreword, Joel Skousen gives the best definition of Secret Combination and the way that most LDS members do not see them that I know. This book is very straight forward and he backs up 99% of everything that he says. Highly recommended.

Shawn

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Excerpts from the Forward to "Awakening to Our Awful Situation"

For good religious people, one of the most difficult tasks in today’s sophisticated world is to perceive evil when masquerading as good. This is due, in large part, to wishful thinking. Good Christian conservatives are often a beleaguered minority within a democratic society, and rarely gain the ability to effectively control the powers of government. Thus, when “one of their own”, claiming to be true to the faith, gains political power, Christian conservatives almost always tend to place unconditional trust and approval in such a leader, even in the face of near constant betrayal. They never ask the crucial question: Why, if none of the true believers in constitutional limits can get elected, does the establishment suddenly back someone who was a “sudden convert” to the constitutional and limited government ideology? It is, as the old saying goes, “too good to be true”.

If a person has developed a refined conscience and can sense when something is wrong - even if denied the complete information - he or she can begin the search for better truth, and eventually find it. It is out there, in the alternative media.

Indeed, the worst kind of evil is not to be found in any single rogue individual. What is much worse is a combination of power, wherein many evil persons unite their efforts under a central guiding hand - a secret combination, if you will.

The LDS faith is a great advantage in this world of deception. It is the only church with multiple scriptures warning the Saints to beware of these powerful secret combinations. The Book of Mormon, in particular, points out the way they operate, specifically touching upon their ability to use government and judges to provide cover and immunity. Yet strangely, most Mormons pay little attention to this threat....it is disguised and not obvious to the cursory glance....LDS people wnat desperately not to believe in the evils of government - theymight have to do something about it.

But with those Book of Mormon warnings comes a grave responsibility to see the danger within and to warn others, lest we be partially responsible for the fall of liberty. No, it’s not something you can leave to government, because the modern day Gadianton robbers have sully taken over large parts of government - particularly the illegal dark-side operations of federal agencies.

If....you cannot sense something is wrong, you will have to await the grand announcements of the Second Coming - when the secret acts of men throughout all the history of the earth will all be revealed.

Forward written by Joel Skousen

ChelC
The Law

Re: "Awakening To Our Awful Situation"

Post by ChelC »

I forgot to review this. I liked it. I wish it would have been in two volumes though because it seemed like just when I started getting really fascinated with a specific topic it moved on. It didn't go as far in depth as I would have liked. There were definitely some things in the book that I didn't know, but I found it to just skim the surface on most issues.

My next review will be for Mila 18, which I'm about a third of the way through right now... so far it is really good, but got off to a rough start with an extra marital affair, and some questionable stuff. Not horrible, but a bit offensive. I waded through because the book was highly recommended by my Dad, and it took the first 100 pages to really start getting intense, but now I'm glad I stuck with it.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I got half way, and then handed it to my home teacher to read.. he is starting to awaken. I am going to ask for it back soon though!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I guess by now many of you have read Book Two. I just got my copies of both books back after a few months circulating among interested readers here in Ariizona. I am delighted that several other LDSs were able to read them. I was just looking on line to see if thesse books are offered by Deseret Book Store, but I cannot find it. Does anybody know if they are available at Deseret Book?

Maybe I should not expect Deseret Book Store to offer these books.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

lundbaek wrote:""Awakening To Our Awful Situation" by Jack Monnett, Phd and publisher of early historical documents, is a wake up call to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). The uniquely Mormon scripture (The Book of Mormon) contains several strong warnings by ancient American prophets (who came to America in ships to avoid the destruction of Jerusalem) about secret combinations and Satan-revealed and directed conspiracies. In particular, several of these early prophets saw in vision "Gentiles" from across the "great sea" settling in the Americas, driving the Indians before them and becoming the most prosperous and powerful nation on earth. But this last compiler of the records said he also saw that Satan would reveal his ancient secret covenants among evil men in America and establish a conspiracy to take away the American gentiles' liberty. He saw that conspiracy secretly invade and control the American government and issued a strong warning to those who may someday read his words, not to let it happen. Well, it is happening and it's time to wake up the nation.

"In the opinion of some, including myself, Mormons have been so preoccupied in the past and present with trying to become acceptable to the establishment world--having suffered severe persecution in the 1800s--that they have neglected or downplayed these particular scriptural warnings as they bend over backwards trying to moderate, middle-of-road "faithful citizens" and please the government. Originally, when government was faithful to the constitution, this was a good thing. Now it keeps most Mormons believing in political salvation through the Republican party, a veritable wolf in sheep's clothing (at the national level).

"Monnett's book seeks to awake LDS conservative Christians to the awful situation we face in this nation, much as Pastor Chuck Baldwin is doing for the evangelical Christian movement. Even non Mormons would find this a fascinating book. At Jack's request, I wrote the forward to the book about the difficulty Christians have in seeing through benign looking deceptions, which is an interesting read in and of itself. The cost is only $12.95 plus shipping and contains a two-hour DVD presentation by physicist Dr. Steven Jones on the evidence that the WTC came down by demolition. That's a real bargain. The book is coming soon to Amazon.com but, in the meantime, Utah subscribers can get copies at Sam Weller's Zion Bookstore or Benchmark Books in Salt Lake City. In Utah County they can go to Pioneer Books in Provo, Reams in Springville, or Confetti Books in Spanish Fork. For subscribers elsewhere, call the author and order direct at (435)-785-8090 or email at jack@monnettbooks.com. "

The above written by Joel Skousen, publisher of "World Affairs Brief". I bought the book yesterday and find it not only difficult to put down, but very informative and containing explanations that will be helpful to me in my efforts to awaken other LDSs I associate with.
So have they been helpful in awakening others for you? What feedback have you gotten?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

My copies of Book 1 and Book 2have been circulating around in Arizona for a few months now, and others have, at my suggestion, purchased their own copies. I feel pretty good about that. It makes up for some of my disappointment in the primary voting results here in Arizona.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

can't find it anywhere, I'm sure Brian knows, Jack has a buncha books he's willing to sell "cheap" to get them out there, you can even use them for Christmas presents, anyone interested, contact us... stan sbsion@hotmail.com (maybe 'cause somethings going to happen soon?)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I've got both Book 1 and 2 in stock again: http://www.latterdayconservative.com/store/books/