My New Blog: Noah's Flood Solved

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
EdGoble
captain of 1,000

My New Blog: Noah's Flood Solved

Post by EdGoble »

http://noahsfloodsolved.blogspot.com/

Here is my new blog that shows the new theory on how to resolve the global flood problem.
The global flood problem is that geology is not in support of the idea of a global flood. And so, any acceptable proposal for a flood must be a local one. But from an LDS perspective, we know that Noah started out in America, and ended up in the Middle East.
The problem is solved with a local flood in America and then the flood sent Noah's Ark out to sea, where finally he ended up on the coast of Iraq.

This is detailed in my book Nail of Heaven: LDS Cosmology, Metaphysics and Science.
https://www.amazon.com/Nail-Heaven-Cosm ... 456508229/

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: My New Blog: Noah's Flood Solved

Post by Robin Hood »

In my view geology has got it wrong.
The flood was global.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: My New Blog: Noah's Flood Solved

Post by Sunain »

Evidence of 4000-year-old mythical flood comes to surface

Wednesday, August 10, 2016, 10:36 AM - For the first time in history, researchers have found scientific evidence confirming China's mythical "Great Flood" -- one that is believed to have laid the foundation for China's first dynasty, the Xia.

The legend of a deluge that caused the swelling of China's Yellow River dates back 4,000 years. It talks of water levels rising so high that they washed over hills, settlements, and mountain tops, stretching up to the heavens.

Scientists examined bones and soil samples along the Yellow River, using stratigraphic data (a geological evaluation of rock layers) and radiocarbon dating (a means to conclude the age of a relic by using radiocarbon, an isotope of carbon) to determine their findings.

They determined a date from the skeletons of children among a group of 14 victims that reportedly perished when their home collapsed in an earthquake -- the quake is believed to have triggered the massive landslide that dammed the waterway, prompting the devastating flood.

The study's corresponding author, Qinglong Wu, and his team verify that the flood did take place at the start of the Xia dynasty, at roughly 1900 BC, confirming existing historical and archaeological discourse on China's Great Flood

If found to be accurate, the study is historically groundbreaking. It is a first step to confirming one of China's most significant legends, validating theories about the start of ancient Chinese civilization, National Geographic notes.

"Its importance is just like the story of Noah’s flood in the Western world,” study leader Qinglong Wu of China’s Peking University tells the publication.

It could be considered among the world's worst floods in the past 10,000 years.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/ ... xia/71012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;