The Young Messiah

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

The Young Messiah

Post by mes5464 »

It is pure speculation, even fiction, but it looks interesting.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Young Messiah

Post by Elizabeth »

It may look interesting but the fact is it is fiction of no merit historically, pure speculation and not the message Jesus Christ authorised.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

mes5464 wrote:It is pure speculation, even fiction, but it looks interesting.
There are lots of other writings outside the bible that talk of Jesus as a child/ teenager. I remember hearing the story about Him healing the bird like they show in the preview. It's nice to see advertising about the Savior around easter and not just all egg hunting and bunnies, etc.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

I saw it the other day and liked it, I would agree it is purely for entertainment purposes. Not to be considered doctrine by any means.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

I suspect most of you would very much enjoy " Risen" . I certainly did

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

The Young Messiah was directed by Cyrus Nowrasteh. Among others, he was also the director of Blocking the Path to 9/11 (https://archive.org/details/BlockingThePathTo911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), for which he deserves respect at least for his honesty and integrity in the production of and through the debacle that ensued from this documentary. Hopefully Nowrasteh's approach to The Young Messiah, regardless of how fictional it is, also evidences thoughtfulness of his previous works.

And approximately the first half of the book Hidden Stories of the Childhood of Jesus explores questions of whether such apocryphal writings contain a shred of truth. I corresponded with the author about his sources and such but no longer have the emails. I vaguely remember his relaying an incident when he kicked a hole in his stake president's desk. Perhaps he was invested in some of these stories a little too much.