A Change is Coming - by Hector Sosa Jr.

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Fishwalker
captain of 50

Re: A Change is Coming - by Hector Sosa Jr.

Post by Fishwalker »

durangout wrote:
Fishwalker wrote:Lundbaek, everyone of these authors (Menet, Rowe, Spencer, Hector) all state that what they saw/experienced pertained to them, but that others may learn from what they saw. They all specifically state that they do not prophecy for the church.

I do find it interesting that the Book of Mormon in the book of Alma teaches that the members of the church can be taught through dreams and visions. This was reiterated by President Uchtdorf in the Oct. 2014 general women's broadcast. For some these messages will resonate, for others it will not. One thing I will say is that we can glean insights and understanding by seeing patterns. I would highly recommend reading a dream/vision by an early patriarch of the church, Charles Evans. Also a reading of the Cardston temple prophecy as well as the dream/vision of George Washington and the wars that he saw take place upon the American continent.
I wholeheartedly believe this. So does this mean that every person that claims to have received a vision really received one (from God that is)?
I believe that dreams and visions are very personal and are meant to be interpreted by that person, but we can learn from many of those experiences. I have a brother-in-law who was counseled by his grandmother in 2014 (shortly before her death that same year) that in the near future (2-3 years) there would be little to no ability to get food storage. This woman was a spiritual matriarch of her family and was counseling them to prepare. I also take a look at the books that have been written and their comments and can't help but see similarities that are happening in the world. We are helping Iran acquire weapons, Syria is currently being supported by Russia, the financial world is a mess and poised for a collapse, and rioting and racial tension is increasing in America. In addition to this we are being warned by the apostles of things to come. I could write up a long list of talks from the past year, but we are being warned by the general authorities.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Sarah wrote:I am skeptical of Hector. I remember when he joined AVOW - I think if was mid-2014 - and he was predicting the huge Utah earthquake for that fall. Didn't happen. I remember he wrote one day about how he woke up shaking violently and this was made known to him that the earthquake was coming.
He also predicted in one of his posts that summer of 2015 would be the time his family left on the call-out. Did that happen? I don't think so. Actually, when he first got on and told about his background, I thought for sure it was Julie incognito because it sounded so much like her. I don't believe it is the same person, but both had dreams and experiences that were not the normal postings on AVOW.
I heard Hector on KLO Radio with Mills Crenshaw,yes he thought earthquake along Wasatch Front would be 2014,after it didn't happen then,he said "I don't do timelines anymore",so what if he guessed a little early on date,that wasn't part of visions shone to him.I would have to say after reading many books like Hectors,and many revelations given about these things to Church Leaders(including George Albert Smith) and others,that it has to be before the next U.S. 2016 elections.I recommend Hectors book to every one,lot's of precise detail on events seen.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Can't have a better forward than your own wife! I'm reading this now, hope it is as uplifting as the first 6 chapters of Visions of Glory (as the chapters after 6 in that book for me brought a spiritual doldrum suggesting to me in how God works in his patterns in my life, it was for spencer entirely). Thanks for sharing - looking for parallels, as I too have had dreams and visions of these valleys and so far, try as I have, God has not let us leave Utah Valley, which we have attempted to do for some time (feeling and hoping that late spring 2016 is the time).

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Interesting read so far, his life story, etc. I have yet to feel any spiritual feeling, esp. like I felt reading the first 6 chapters of visions of glory, where the spirit was overwhelming at times, esp. reading the visions of his childhood room and heaven.

So far, with this book, I feel similar to how I did with JR's stuff, a doldrum entirely. With Julie's however I had to put it down, it was that much of a doldrum and lack of spiritual confirmation for me.

In chapter six brother Sosa speaks of the "calling out" or the church brining people to safety and compares it to Lehi leaving Jerusalem - this comparison to me is a mistake or in error - as he prefaces it to the prophet working through the priesthood channels to get people to safety, Lehi's only priesthood channel was that of God in dreams and visions, and his obeying whatever spiritual promptings to declare repentance to his people. In fact, I feel Lehi went against the then priesthood channels that existed amongst the Jerusalem Day Saints, which is glaringly different a story and parallel than what brother Sosa is relating it to. Maybe needless to say, Alma Sr. also went against the then established leadership and got his priesthood channels directly from God, no laying on of hands, nothing like we see in today's church, which concerns me in that we really really have to have the Holy Spirit as our guide or we will be deceived.

Having a great love for people like brother Sosa having served amongst them and trying to constantly engage with them when I encounter them, I so far am feeling similar to what i felt with many members on my mission, a good man trying to put meaning to something that is for him, sometimes that meaning (like his relating to Lehi and Prophets using proper priesthood channels to keep us safe) can be in error entirely.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Chapter nine, everyone plays a role is where I felt the spirit tell me that this is somewhat right, in that the body of Christ is all of us with our different gifts, and such a body of Christ will never be determined by leaders, but by Christ with inspired leaders in and outside a church.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

The rest of the book reads quick and gives some insights to war, zion, moving about, camps, etc.. I appreciate what he has shared for sure, some of it is very intriguing and interesting however I feel a caution in that this good brother's current understanding in my view is lacking in that he is doing what sometimes we all do with doctrine, meanings, etc. and that is to put it into a context of meaning where it doesn't belong.

In his Testimony is where I disagree with what he states and how it feels twisted to me - to mean something that I don't believe it was supposed to mean.
Trust in the Lord... He will protect us as long as we are listening to the Spirit. I'm just a man... Religious and temporal direction rightly belongs to our appointed leaders... I exhort you to cultivate prayer, and listening to the spirit... Heavenly Father is eager to tell you wonderful things and to give you instructions in anything that you ask of him... It is our divine right to get answers.
One can listen to the spirit indeed when listening to any man to know whether or not such a man is speaking for God with God's authority and permission - such truth will be harder to accept if we are living beneath the fear of ever thinking to question man's authority, esp. if what the spirit is telling you goes against what the "appointed" leaders are telling you, as indeed, mothers and fathers have the right to God's direction for their own family way above any appointed leader's revelation for your family - the Lord states perfectly what most men do when given authority and how even the very elect will be deceived.

What brother Sosa didn't address is where the Lord's cleansing of his Own house is at, unless that is the earthquakes and flooding.
23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.

24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.
D&C 112

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

All this talk of JR....
They're showing re-runs of Dallas on one of the digital channels here.
Weird or what!!!!

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Chump Change is Coming - for Hector Sosa Jr.

Post by iWriteStuff »

Please, save your money and buy food storage instead. Or donate to a good cause. These books all say the same thing, with varying degrees of "inspired details" which you are required to believe only the author can access.

Get your own revelation. Then please, don't write a book about it.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

Analyzing wrote:Matchmaker. I read the book. the direct mention of Manti in the book says the following...

"Another location I have seen is Sanpete County, which includes several cities, beginning with Fairview on the north end and Manti to the south. This whole valley will be considered a place of refuge. The members who are already there will stay and assist those who come from the Wasatch Front and other areas.
The homes within the cities will serve as shelters for women and children, and thousands of tents will be placed for everyone else to live in. Many of the basic utilities and infrastructure will still function in many of the smaller towns. The Saints will find ways to generate their own power and maintain running water."

The book is short. The beginning of the book is a brief history of the Authors life. The remainder is a simple collection of visions the author has had and his beliefs regarding them.
Utah has the 4th lowest industrial electricity cost in the U.S. at 5.02 Cents per kWh, compared to the nation at 6.6 Cents per kWh.

Utah Utilities Report
Natural Gas is available throughout the Sanpete Valley.

http://sanpete.com/pages/economic

Rural electric companies are sometimes cooperatives and owned by the local residents. Also, the intermountain west is relatively free of nuclear power plant targets. Most of the nuclear targets are on the east coast. http://witchwellenergy.com/drupal/?q=node/94

Arco, Idaho has the largest concentration of nuclear power plants on planet earth at the INRL facility. None are used commercially as that would allow every home in the U.S. to have free power.

mark.pinnell
captain of 10

Post by mark.pinnell »

Sarah wrote:I am skeptical of Hector. I remember when he joined AVOW - I think if was mid-2014 - and he was predicting the huge Utah earthquake for that fall. Didn't happen. I remember he wrote one day about how he woke up shaking violently and this was made known to him that the earthquake was coming.
He also predicted in one of his posts that summer of 2015 would be the time his family left on the call-out. Did that happen? I don't think so. Actually, when he first got on and told about his background, I thought for sure it was Julie incognito because it sounded so much like her. I don't believe it is the same person, but both had dreams and experiences that were not the normal postings on AVOW.
If you can handle the truth check out http://www.MormonProphecy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

mark.pinnell wrote:
If you can handle the truth check out http://www.MormonProphecy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Are we to endure your spam all over this site? Mormon Prophecy is a for-profit venture. That is all you really need to know about it.

mark.pinnell
captain of 10

Post by mark.pinnell »

ebenezerarise wrote:
mark.pinnell wrote:
Are we to endure your spam all over this site? Mormon Prophecy is a for-profit venture. That is all you really need to know about it.
Will you rob a man of his labors? Anthony has researched his whole life to bring you this treasure trove. Much of his work is free and you can figure it out to a great degree without any cost.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Matthew 7:22-23 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I say, Ye never knew me: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

mark.pinnell wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:
mark.pinnell wrote:
Will you rob a man of his labors? Anthony has researched his whole life to bring you this treasure trove. Much of his work is free and you can figure it out to a great degree without any cost.
I'm not talking about him, I'm talking about YOU. One thread on this is enough. I don't need to see this hyped in multiple topics. That's called spam and it's irritating me because it adds nothing to the discussion. Who is robbing who here?

mark.pinnell
captain of 10

Post by mark.pinnell »

ebenezerarise wrote:
mark.pinnell wrote:
ebenezerarise wrote:
mark.pinnell wrote:
I'm not talking about him, I'm talking about YOU. One thread on this is enough. I don't need to see this hyped in multiple topics. That's called spam and it's irritating me because it adds nothing to the discussion. Who is robbing who here?
You are correct in that I created another thread after posting the above comment and will be happy to address any further concerns over there.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44201

Sure it adds to the discussion if you open your mind and realize that all these fear mongering blood moon prophesies and the like are not where we should be focusing our attention. Reality is much more interesting than the mainstream Christianity interpretation of prophecy.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

mark.pinnell wrote: Sure it adds to the discussion if you open your mind and realize that all these fear mongering blood moon prophesies and the like are not where we should be focusing our attention. Reality is much more interesting than the mainstream Christianity interpretation of prophecy.
No doubt. It's even more interesting and believable when you don't have to purchase it.

mark.pinnell
captain of 10

Post by mark.pinnell »

ebenezerarise wrote:
mark.pinnell wrote: Sure it adds to the discussion if you open your mind and realize that all these fear mongering blood moon prophesies and the like are not where we should be focusing our attention. Reality is much more interesting than the mainstream Christianity interpretation of prophecy.
No doubt. It's even more interesting and believable when you don't have to purchase it.
You can learn a lot for free.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_qQ4 ... ezqXo_RRdQ
https://www.facebook.com/MormonProphecy/
http://mormonprophecy.blogspot.com.au/

lindasass
Hi, I'm new.

Post by lindasass »

so, Hector Sosa's book A Change is Coming is short. quickly to read! I even think about cheap assignment writers for hire to make an awesomw review.. or maybe some of us should meet in Utah??