A Change is Coming - by Hector Sosa Jr.

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
StewieSox
Hi, I'm new.

A Change is Coming - by Hector Sosa Jr.

Post by StewieSox »

I thought I would chime in. I just finished reading Hector Sosa's book A Change is Coming. It is a very short book. Less than 90 pages, large font, small pages and about 10 of those pages are full of pictures. You could probably read the entire book in under 2 hours. Now I will tell you, this is an EXTREMELY beneficial way to spend 2 hours. He doesn't give any long stories, just a bunch of small dreams. But he gives specifics about many places around Springville, UT, Manti-Fairview, UT and a bunch of Arizona. He also believes like Joseph Smith said that things in the US will start to spiral out of control beginning in Chicago. He gave me clarity on certain things that others (Spencer, Rowe, Menet, etc) left unsaid. Probably because different things pertain to each person's future. I liked how he called out that the Heber Valley camp (where his stake from Springville gathers) will become a place of refuge. I would highly recommend anyone in the southern Utah Valley area, Manti-Fairview area, and Arizona read this. I will warn you, it is short and will leave you wishing he had gone into more depth on just about every topic but it gives you a good general idea of things. And some of the specifics he says are startling. Anyway, it's definitely a good read and I believe he really saw these things. Please share your insightsso.

discoqueendiva
captain of 100

Re: A Change is Coming - by Hector Sosa Jr.

Post by discoqueendiva »

I just bought his book and cried at some parts, cause i felt the spirit witness to me that what he said was true and in Acts, 2:17-18 talks that the lord will have people like him and Julie Rowe , prophesy to us in the last days, i believe Julie Rowe is one of his handmaidens talked about in this scripture. also i think in that same chapter it talks about how people will think people are crazy and drunk , when they are not, and i know there are some that do not agree with Julie Rowe, but this scripture in acts just really confirmed to me that Julie is not a crazy....... I do not live in Utah and do not know how my family will be effected but the lord has been opening my eyes and helping me get and be prepared........

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Would you be willing to share some of what is in his book with the rest of us who don't have the extra money to buy it right now, especially the part about Manti? I have put a copy on hold at the library but I am #52 or so on the list and will not get it for at least 6 months. It seems that if the information is that important for us to get to keep our families safe that someone might be willing to share some of it freely so that we can decide for ourselves. Thank you.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

discoqueendiva wrote:I just bought his book and cried at some parts, cause i felt the spirit witness to me that what he said was true and in Acts, 2:17-18 talks that the lord will have people like him and Julie Rowe , prophesy to us in the last days, i believe Julie Rowe is one of his handmaidens talked about in this scripture. also i think in that same chapter it talks about how people will think people are crazy and drunk , when they are not, and i know there are some that do not agree with Julie Rowe, but this scripture in acts just really confirmed to me that Julie is not a crazy....... I do not live in Utah and do not know how my family will be effected but the lord has been opening my eyes and helping me get and be prepared........
Please tell me a little about what's in the book regarding Manti. I have it on order at the library but I have a very long wait. I can't afford to buy another book right now but I am concerned for the safety of family and friends. Thank you.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

I have the book Matchmaker. I don't live in Utah, though, so honestly I didn't pay much attention to the specifics in regards to camps and cities there. Feel free to private msg me and tell me exactly what info you are concerned about and I will go back and look it up for you. Hopefully someone else will be able to post it before me, I'm incredibly busy and it may take a few days for me to reply back to you, but it beats waiting for the library. :)

LDS Dude
captain of 50

Post by LDS Dude »

The book should be especially interesting to Utahns, most of the material centers around Utah. I would almost go as far as to say it's almost not worth a read unless you were trying to find out more about what will happen in Utah during those future events (but I won't go quite that far).

LibraBrian
Hi, I'm new.

Post by LibraBrian »

Buy the book, the value it adds to your spirit will far outweigh the sacrifice you have to make to come up with the difference.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Thanks everyone for offering to give me specific info from the book. I was mostly interested in what was going to happen around Manti and Fairfield. I just checked. I am #41 out of 53 on the library waiting list. Up 12 slots in 10 days! If I don't get to read it from the library by Christmas, I will ask my husband to buy it for me as a gift.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I tried to get our local library to pick this up and have not yet seen it come in.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I appreciate the referral to Acts 2:17-18. I had never paid much mind to these and the perepheral verses. It is still difficult for me to accept that someone other than the Prophet can give legitimate prophecy for the entire Church. But I guess that is my problem. On the other side, I have been constrained to focus on certain other things that I think will be of value at some future time. But thanks for the reference.

Fishwalker
captain of 50

Post by Fishwalker »

Lundbaek, everyone of these authors (Menet, Rowe, Spencer, Hector) all state that what they saw/experienced pertained to them, but that others may learn from what they saw. They all specifically state that they do not prophecy for the church.

I do find it interesting that the Book of Mormon in the book of Alma teaches that the members of the church can be taught through dreams and visions. This was reiterated by President Uchtdorf in the Oct. 2014 general women's broadcast. For some these messages will resonate, for others it will not. One thing I will say is that we can glean insights and understanding by seeing patterns. I would highly recommend reading a dream/vision by an early patriarch of the church, Charles Evans. Also a reading of the Cardston temple prophecy as well as the dream/vision of George Washington and the wars that he saw take place upon the American continent.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

I really enjoyed his book.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Fishwalker wrote:Lundbaek, everyone of these authors (Menet, Rowe, Spencer, Hector) all state that what they saw/experienced pertained to them, but that others may learn from what they saw. They all specifically state that they do not prophecy for the church.

I do find it interesting that the Book of Mormon in the book of Alma teaches that the members of the church can be taught through dreams and visions. This was reiterated by President Uchtdorf in the Oct. 2014 general women's broadcast. For some these messages will resonate, for others it will not. One thing I will say is that we can glean insights and understanding by seeing patterns. I would highly recommend reading a dream/vision by an early patriarch of the church, Charles Evans. Also a reading of the Cardston temple prophecy as well as the dream/vision of George Washington and the wars that he saw take place upon the American continent.
I wholeheartedly believe this. So does this mean that every person that claims to have received a vision really received one (from God that is)?

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

durangout wrote: I wholeheartedly believe this. So does this mean that every person that claims to have received a vision really received one (from God that is)?
Of course not. Which is exactly why each person must develop a personal relationship with Christ, and not rely on anybody or anything.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

butterfly wrote:I have the book Matchmaker. I don't live in Utah, though, so honestly I didn't pay much attention to the specifics in regards to camps and cities there. Feel free to private msg me and tell me exactly what info you are concerned about and I will go back and look it up for you. Hopefully someone else will be able to post it before me, I'm incredibly busy and it may take a few days for me to reply back to you, but it beats waiting for the library. :)
Matchmaker, I haven't forgotten about you but my family has been ill this weekend. I'm sorry for the delay, I've been researching medicine instead of the book. Is there anyone else who can help Matchmaker with her request?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

butterfly wrote:
butterfly wrote:I have the book Matchmaker. I don't live in Utah, though, so honestly I didn't pay much attention to the specifics in regards to camps and cities there. Feel free to private msg me and tell me exactly what info you are concerned about and I will go back and look it up for you. Hopefully someone else will be able to post it before me, I'm incredibly busy and it may take a few days for me to reply back to you, but it beats waiting for the library. :)
Matchmaker, I haven't forgotten about you but my family has been ill this weekend. I'm sorry for the delay, I've been researching medicine instead of the book. Is there anyone else who can help Matchmaker with her request?

Thank you, butterfly, my name is moving up the list at the library pretty quickly, so I'm OK to wait to read it until then. I'm continuing to prep like everyone else. I honestly believe something is coming soon, and I don't think it matters whether it is a plague, an earthquake, or a war. We still need to get prepared to help our families and anyone else who comes to us for help.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

I am skeptical of Hector. I remember when he joined AVOW - I think if was mid-2014 - and he was predicting the huge Utah earthquake for that fall. Didn't happen. I remember he wrote one day about how he woke up shaking violently and this was made known to him that the earthquake was coming.
He also predicted in one of his posts that summer of 2015 would be the time his family left on the call-out. Did that happen? I don't think so. Actually, when he first got on and told about his background, I thought for sure it was Julie incognito because it sounded so much like her. I don't believe it is the same person, but both had dreams and experiences that were not the normal postings on AVOW.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

zionminded wrote:
durangout wrote: I wholeheartedly believe this. So does this mean that every person that claims to have received a vision really received one (from God that is)?
Of course not. Which is exactly why each person must develop a personal relationship with Christ, and not rely on anybody or anything.
OK. So when Joel's propehcy about people receiving revelation in the last days or the one mentinoed above is used to prove SM, JR, Spencer, Sosa, et al did receive true revelation, it is actually almost no proof at all.

Whew! Glad we got that cleared up.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

Proof is an interesting thing, is it your EGO (talking about your natural-man, left brain EGO), that is seeking justification? Or your higher self, spirit, the you in your body, who is seeking proof?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I just listened to Hector's interview on Mills Crenshaw, thanks to the link Taliesen sent me, and then his talk at UVU. He and Julie saw pretty much the same things. One significant difference, however, was that Julie said the call out was in secret and that only the people with 1 or more years of food storage were invited. The rest stayed in the Valley and suffered the consequences. Hector said that anyone with a broken heart and contrite spirit was allowed to gather. That's more like it! I could never see turning away some of the families in my ward just because they didn't have enough food on hand.

Analyzing
captain of 100

Post by Analyzing »

Matchmaker. I read the book. the direct mention of Manti in the book says the following...

"Another location I have seen is Sanpete County, which includes several cities, beginning with Fairview on the north end and Manti to the south. This whole valley will be considered a place of refuge. The members who are already there will stay and assist those who come from the Wasatch Front and other areas.
The homes within the cities will serve as shelters for women and children, and thousands of tents will be placed for everyone else to live in. Many of the basic utilities and infrastructure will still function in many of the smaller towns. The Saints will find ways to generate their own power and maintain running water."

The book is short. The beginning of the book is a brief history of the Authors life. The remainder is a simple collection of visions the author has had and his beliefs regarding them.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

I think J.R's experience is that some who do not have food storage will feel they cannot come, and so they won't come. There might be social pressures, or guilt-trips from other food storage contributing saints toward others, that make it appear that some are not welcomed by the church. Or maybe there are splinter variations by some stake presidents.. who knows?

We could all see J.R.'s NDE vision or Hector's visions and likely all of us would see some aspects in a different way. Heck, even Nephi and Lehi saw the "same vision" in a different way.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Analyzing wrote:Matchmaker. I read the book. the direct mention of Manti in the book says the following...

"Another location I have seen is Sanpete County, which includes several cities, beginning with Fairview on the north end and Manti to the south. This whole valley will be considered a place of refuge. The members who are already there will stay and assist those who come from the Wasatch Front and other areas.
The homes within the cities will serve as shelters for women and children, and thousands of tents will be placed for everyone else to live in. Many of the basic utilities and infrastructure will still function in many of the smaller towns. The Saints will find ways to generate their own power and maintain running water."

The book is short. The beginning of the book is a brief history of the Authors life. The remainder is a simple collection of visions the author has had and his beliefs regarding them.

Thanks for the information on the Manti area. It was just what I was waiting to hear. When I leave Salt Lake County in the spring, I'm heading to Sanpete County. However, I know that something could happen this fall to change things quickly and trap me here, in which case I'll make it work.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

zionminded wrote:I think J.R's experience is that some who do not have food storage will feel they cannot come, and so they won't come. There might be social pressures, or guilt-trips from other food storage contributing saints toward others, that make it appear that some are not welcomed by the church. Or maybe there are splinter variations by some stake presidents.. who knows?

We could all see J.R.'s NDE vision or Hector's visions and likely all of us would see some aspects in a different way. Heck, even Nephi and Lehi saw the "same vision" in a different way.
Thanks for the clarification. I can see why some members who had no food storage would not want to come, even if asked. Guilt or disbelief could play a big role.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

zionminded wrote:Proof is an interesting thing, is it your EGO (talking about your natural-man, left brain EGO), that is seeking justification? Or your higher self, spirit, the you in your body, who is seeking proof?
uhhh, what?