My Review of Julie Rowe's "A Greater Tomorrow"

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: My Review of Julie Rowe's "A Greater Tomorrow"

Post by AI2.0 »

Onsdag, you are clearly a more patient and charitable person than I am. I tend to perceive the worst in people, not their best. I felt he was trying an ad hominem approach; but you're right, it doesn't really matter. If people choose to read it, and agree or dismiss, that's up to them.

Once again, your illuminating information was an answer to my own questions and prayers on this matter, so I appreciate your willingness to bring it to this forum.

Julie is apparently retiring from public appearances, so I assume the controversy surrounding her claims will most likely die away.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

AI2.0 wrote:Onsdag, you are clearly a more patient and charitable person than I am. I tend to perceive the worst in people, not their best. I felt he was trying an ad hominem approach; but you're right, it doesn't really matter. If people choose to read it, and agree or dismiss, that's up to them.

Once again, your illuminating information was an answer to my own questions and prayers on this matter, so I appreciate your willingness to bring it to this forum.

Julie is apparently retiring from public appearances, so I assume the controversy surrounding her claims will most likely die away.
I have to say, I find the irony amusing. I was attempting to understand Onsdag's background and perspective so as to avoid misjudging intent and motive. Meanwhile, my intent and motive was misjudged.

As per background on myself, I could start by saying I got my Psychology degree from BYU. I didn't pursue a career in it, ultimately, but one of the key takeaways from my studies is that you should never presume to understand someone's subjective experience in its entirety. There may be factors that contribute to someone's choices or behavior, but even they might not know the root source of their actions. The best you can say as a psychologist is "Sometimes it's this, and sometimes it's that." Hence I wanted to know from whence came Onsdag's motive to research and expose Julie. I don't presume to judge the motive, but I did hope to understand it better.

I'm not inclined to even judge the veracity of Julie's NDEs/visions/whatever. Who am I to judge a personal experience someone else had, even if they deem it prudent to share it? When I shared my feelings and impressions about her event, it was because I discerned that she was sincere and honest. That's as much as I can judge, and even then I leave the door open to the idea that maybe I'm not even right about that.

Is it a contradiction to say follow the prophet, heed the Spirit, and keep yourself open to new possibilities being revealed through the same channels? Because that's all I'm trying to do.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

iWriteStuff wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:Onsdag, you are clearly a more patient and charitable person than I am. I tend to perceive the worst in people, not their best. I felt he was trying an ad hominem approach; but you're right, it doesn't really matter. If people choose to read it, and agree or dismiss, that's up to them.

I have to say, I find the irony amusing. I was attempting to understand Onsdag's background and perspective so as to avoid misjudging intent and motive. Meanwhile, my intent and motive was misjudged.

As per background on myself, I could start by saying I got my Psychology degree from BYU. I didn't pursue a career in it, ultimately, but one of the key takeaways from my studies is that you should never presume to understand someone's subjective experience in its entirety. There may be factors that contribute to someone's choices or behavior, but even they might not know the root source of their actions. The best you can say as a psychologist is "Sometimes it's this, and sometimes it's that." Hence I wanted to know from whence came Onsdag's motive to research and expose Julie. I don't presume to judge the motive, but I did hope to understand it better.

I'm not inclined to even judge the veracity of Julie's NDEs/visions/whatever. Who am I to judge a personal experience someone else had, even if they deem it prudent to share it? When I shared my feelings and impressions about her event, it was because I discerned that she was sincere and honest. That's as much as I can judge, and even then I leave the door open to the idea that maybe I'm not even right about that.

Is it a contradiction to say follow the prophet, heed the Spirit, and keep yourself open to new possibilities being revealed through the same channels? Because that's all I'm trying to do.
Well, I think we've found the answer...You got your psych degree at BYU, I got mine at the U of U. And there you have it!! :p

I guess we've been psychoanalyzing each other. While I felt that you attempted to use his past to try and discredit his claims, he says 'no', so I'll accept your denial. And, as a poster, I do like you; we aren't usually on opposite sides, so I'm going to assume my suspicious nature and my training at a 'godless' University got the better of me. ;)

truthseeker7
Hi, I'm new.

Post by truthseeker7 »

As I was searching AVOW last night I had the exact same feelings as Onsdag. I have never thought Julie Rowes story of NDE was true or real. It sounded fake and copied. When I listened to her on various talk radio shows I had similar feelings, just didn't feel right. I then noticed on AVOW last night that she used to post under her name Julie Rowe in 2008; and all her post were just about dreams. They were obviously getting a lot of praise and traffic from members on avow, you can tell from all the thank you's she got at the bottom of her posts. Then I noticed she stopped posting in 2011. I went to bed last night thinking about this and wondering why she never said her dreams were NDE. I prayed for an answer and low and behold, I found this blog today! Yep, an answer to my prayer. I learned on this blog that Julie changed her screenname to fellowdreamer, then it all made sense to me. No one on AVOW is going to discredit Julie because AVOW gets most ALOT of its traffic from her posts about NDE, tent cities, the call-out, Julie Rowes up coming appearances etc., etc. Avow is make huge cash of Julie Rowe - no way are they going to silence her - even if her books contradict church doctrine, or if its made up and false! Its not brain science people - if the church won't let her hold her special (speakings) at church houses then something must be wrong - right! Good grief, I can't belief how many elect people are being fooled by her. It's great that she is encouraging others to get prepared, work on becoming more spiritual, go to the temple, etc., but wouldn't it be better if a person did those things because they wanted to for themselves, for the Lord, instead of doing them out of fear. I want to do things to show my obiedience and love for the Savior, not out of fear. To many false things in her books, not to mention her demeanor on the various talk radio shows I've listened to. I've listened to all of them and I have to say, that is when I first came to my conclusion something was not right about her. Her personality, the way she talks and talks and talks endlessly about nothing - Never really answering any questions. I wish Ms. Rowe all the best. She knows what she is doing, and she will be the one who has to answer for it . Ms. Rowe would be better off serving others using a different venue, not one using Fear (with he mixed message of love), and then charging people $$ or making them believe they need to uproot and move to another state or area. I absolutely agree with everything Onsdag has said, and I thank him for taking the time to research it (however, I will not be spending anymore time on Julie Rowe or this). It's been bothering me for awhile, but now that I got the answer to my prayer, (and this off my chest!), I don't want to waist anymore time on the subject and I suggest others don't either. We should be spending our precious time - we may or may not have - reading our scriptures, spending time with our family, doing our church callings, serving others, and focusing on the Savior. Thanks Onsdag, for putting it all into perspective!

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Onsdag wrote:
I have gotten in touch with one of Julie's former Stake Presidents and our discussion was rather insightful. It seems there are other people who are concerned about Julie, her books, firesides, etc. As I was led to understand she has been told directly that she does not represent and is not to speak for the Church. This is rather interesting because one of her posts on AVOW she claims, or at least strongly implies, that she has the full backing and support of the Brethren for her message and books. I include this as an addendum to my original post/document:
102. In one rather shocking post on ldsavow.com, dated June 24, 2014, Julie stated: “I am confident that the Prophets and Apostles are not only okay with my message, my testimony and my witness, including what I have written in my book, “A Greater Tomorrow,” I have been given a witness that they have been made aware of it and know the purposes it will serve in helping to warn and hopefully prepare many who need to hear the message at this time in this way.”

This is rather a bold statement by Julie. She is saying that she has the (if not explicitly then at least tacitly) full approval, support, and endorsement of the brethren in sharing her message and book. This is rather alarming for a few reasons. Firstly, in the Church Handbook 2: Administering the Church, we receive the following instructions and guidelines which I feel are applicable:
  • “As members express their own thoughts and feelings, they should not give the impression that they represent or are sponsored by the Church.” (21.1.22, Personal Internet Use)
  • “The Church does not endorse any political party or candidate. Nor does it advise members how to vote. … Candidates for public office should not imply that their candidacy is endorsed by the Church or its leaders. Church leaders and members should also avoid statements or conduct that might be interpreted as Church endorsement of any political party, platform, policy, or candidate.” (21.1.29, Political and Civic Activity)
  • Members should not ask General Authorities or Area Seventies to coauthor or endorse Church books or other Church writings.” (21.1.32, Privately Published Writings)
  • “Local leaders should not accept the claims of sales agents that the Church or a Church leader has authorized them to call on local leaders or members to sell their products.” (21.1.36, Sales Agents)
  • “From time to time, statements are circulated that are inaccurately attributed to leaders of the Church. Many such statements distort current Church teachings and are based on rumors and innuendos. They are never transmitted officially, but by word of mouth, e-mail, or other informal means. Church members should not teach or pass on such statements without verifying that they are from approved Church sources, such as official statements, communications, and publications. Any notes made when General Authorities, Area Seventies, or other general Church officers speak at stake conferences or other meetings should not be distributed without the consent of the speaker. Personal notes are for individual use only.” (21.1.39, Statements attributed to Church Leaders)
  • “Some of these groups falsely claim or imply that the Church or individual General Authorities have endorsed their programs. However, the Church has not endorsed any such enterprise, and members are warned against believing such claims. The fact that the Church has not formally challenged such an enterprise should not be perceived as tacit endorsement or approval.” (21.3.9, Self-Awareness Groups)
In each instance in these various topics and scenarios we are counseled and warned not to make statements or give the impression that one has approval or endorsement from the Church or its leadership. Julie’s statement is in direct violation of this counsel.

Secondly, Julie’s statement is in all likelihood not true. Not very often has a General Authority publicly endorsed a book or author. I for sure have not heard or found any of them publicly endorsing Julie’s book or message. On the contrary, I have personally talked with one of her former Stake Presidents over the phone and he informed me that she has been told that she is not to speak for or on behalf of the Church or its leaders.

And finally, if they are “okay with [her] message, [her] testimony and [her] witness, including what [she has] written in [her] book, ‘A Greater Tomorrow,’” then they would be tacitly approving all of the falsehoods, doctrinal errors, and plagiarisms as found in her book and enumerated in my documentation. This I cannot see happening.
Pay special attention to the words of Julie Rowe in the above quoted section:

“I am confident that the Prophets and Apostles are not only okay with my message, my testimony and my witness, including what I have written in my book, “A Greater Tomorrow,” I have been given a witness that they have been made aware of it and know the purposes it will serve in helping to warn and hopefully prepare many who need to hear the message at this time in this way.”

And now let's see what the Brethren have just recently had to say about her book:
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 3:11 PM
Subject: Publication Caution—A Greater Tomorrow: My Journey Beyond the Veil
Date: August 31, 2015
Additional Information: This document has been posted on the website.

Memo Text (also attached as a PDF file):
Please be aware of the caution regarding the publication below and alert teachers and staff as needed.
In 2014, Spring Creek Book Company published A Greater Tomorrow: My Journey Beyond the Veil by Julie Rowe (see shaded box for Amazon’s description of the book). Although Sister Rowe is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, her book is not endorsed by the Church and should not be recommended to students or used as a resource in teaching them. The experiences she shares are her own personal experiences and do not necessarily reflect Church doctrine or they may distort Church doctrine.
We remind personnel to review the following resources regularly:
· Avoid Teaching Spurious Materials
· Obtaining and Maintaining Scriptural and Doctrinal Integrity (Edward J. Brandt)
· Spurious Materials in Circulation
Would this be a bad time to say "I told you so?"

On the one hand I am happy to see the Brethren speaking up on the subject and that my concerns are vindicated. On the other hand I am saddened that it has come to this point where they are needing to address it, and that so many people have been affected by her actions. I suspect though that many people will continue to defend her. Such is the way of human nature though, and thanks to the wonderful and precious gift of agency they are free to do so.

For what it's worth, Julie did get some things right - one of which is the need to follow the prophet. I for one will happily follow the Brethren and be wary of and recommend others to not read certain "spurious materials" which "may distort Church doctrine."

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Case closed. Not dismissed.

nzmagpie
captain of 50

Post by nzmagpie »

I have just viewed Stefan Molyneux' video on the "The Death of Reason". He spends a lot of time discussing how our objectivity is often impaired by our emotional commitment to a belief. If we can strip away that emotional attachment, we can see more clearly the logic, or reason behind an issue.
My logic tells me JR was faking it, but my emotions, based on wishful thinking perhaps. are giving me another message. I like to think i'm a logical person, but after watching Molyneux, I believe I need to refine my thinking on issues such as JR.

I have to admit that when I read A Greater Tomorrow, it sounded like a catechism of Mormon beliefs taken from readily available sources. Nothing new at all, just a re-hash. She doesn't go any further in her interviews either in trying to reconcile some of the more controversial ones with science. It's as if she's teaching a primary class. Anyway, I will keep an open mind and try to separate the emotions from my reasoning. I'll follow the truth wherever it leads. if the Nay Sayers are correct, then I thank them for their research. If they have it skewed, then I still thank them for allowing me to think more deeply on this subject.

nzmagpie
captain of 50

Post by nzmagpie »

Forgot to mention that I suspected a link between LDS author Kim Rives' book, "A Walk Through Heaven" and JR's "A Greater Tomorrow". It came out a few years before AGT and also uses the theme of a guided tour through various buildings and rooms, where all is revealed. They are both aimed at an LDS market with overtly LDS beliefs incorporated into the story. Coincidence?

nzmagpie
captain of 50

Post by nzmagpie »

Nobody has written more about the spirit world than the brilliant Swedish scientist/engineer Emanuel Swedenborg. He spent much of his last 28 years of mortality stepping in and iut of the spirit world. I have been reading his books for 2-years and watching videos based on them.
I refer you all to the following video, which includes some of his writings:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6uyxRINGmDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After viewing this and reading some of his free publications, you will find that some of JR's experience is plausible. I have also been studying NDE's for 20-years and the range of experiences is broad, tthough there are common elements. Some of you may have also read, or listened to LDS author Jeff Olsen talk about his NDE. He often says that the dream state can have similar elements to an NDE. He's experienced profound dreams where he felt he left his body. I've read both his books and they were life changers.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

nzmagpie wrote:Nobody has written more about the spirit world than the brilliant Swedish scientist/engineer Emanuel Swedenborg. He spent much of his last 28 years of mortality stepping in and iut of the spirit world. I have been reading his books for 2-years and watching videos based on them.
I refer you all to the following video, which includes some of his writings:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6uyxRINGmDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After viewing this and reading some of his free publications, you will find that some of JR's experience is plausible. I have also been studying NDE's for 20-years and the range of experiences is broad, tthough there are common elements. Some of you may have also read, or listened to LDS author Jeff Olsen talk about his NDE. He often says that the dream state can have similar elements to an NDE. He's experienced profound dreams where he felt he left his body. I've read both his books and they were life changers.
Listening to Jeff Olsen's story and the humble way in which he told it, changed my life. Thank you for mentioning him.

Ann
captain of 10

Post by Ann »

I don't know Julie, but I can tell you she has helped me. I am paying more attention to the signs of the times. I am trying to get better prepared. I have gone back and reread multiple times the talks from the apostles and prophets about the last days and what I should be doing now. I haven't prayed about her experience, I haven't felt the need to. But I began to wonder why I haven't had my own experiences as so many others seem to be having. But I did have my own, and I was quickly reminded of them. I read somewhere in some notes from one of her fireside (I think) that we should pray about specifics we might need for own families. That was a good idea, so I did. He answered right away. I still need to go get that particular item I just haven't had the opportunity yet. Very few will need that specific item in their preparedness supplies, but I definitely need it. This is about all I can say. She's helped me.

It became a time to revisit my preparedness and make sure I am doing what I should be because of what the prophets and apostles have said.
Last edited by Ann on May 7th, 2016, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shawn
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Shawn »

Your first bullet point of your review of Rowe's writings indicated that a lot of skimming would be a more efficient use of my time. You claim Rowe's work was a "contradiction" to the scriptures, the Gospel...pretty much everything. The redundancy you employed was a horrific rhetorical device that left me puzzled at your obsessive attack--something you assured us was not the purpose of your extremely long diatribe. The Trans Pacific Partnership is peanuts in comparison.
As with all matters of important revelations, the readers need to ask God. Even then, God may not answer.
If you honestly believe Rowe is trying to scam the world (and that very well be the case), I wish you would have simply stated that...with brevity. Instead of offering me information to research myself, you went to incredible lengths to lead me to your conclusion. Now, I must question your agenda as much as Rowe's--probably less arduous than living through her alleged impending doom!

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

nzmagpie wrote:Forgot to mention that I suspected a link between LDS author Kim Rives' book, "A Walk Through Heaven" and JR's "A Greater Tomorrow". It came out a few years before AGT and also uses the theme of a guided tour through various buildings and rooms, where all is revealed. They are both aimed at an LDS market with overtly LDS beliefs incorporated into the story. Coincidence?
No not at all. I read Sara Menet's supposed NDE after I read JR's first book. There was a paragraph that was an almost word for word exact copy--silliness to the extreme.

Talon
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Talon »

mirkwood wrote:
Talon wrote:
By their fruits ye shall know them.

Claimed she had dreams and posted this on avow, then a few years later under a new username claimed she had a NDE and wrote a book.

Which fruit would that be?
That's not a fruit.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I don't remember if you commented on this Onsdag, so I'm going to add it here just in case it wasn't covered.

I'm reading 'Lucy's book; A critical edition of Lucy Mack Smith's family memoir' by Lavina F. Anderson. It has Lucy SMith's rough draft and the first book published by Orson Pratt side by side for comparison. They give a different take on what happened after Joseph Smith's first visit with Moroni and it differs from what Julie Rowe claimed she saw.

The significance of this is that Julie Rowe claimed that she saw actual events--so we ought to expect them to be the same as what Lucy Smith said happened, as she was writing her memoir of those events.

Julie said this on page 82:
"I witnessed as the next day Joseph was working in the field with his father chopping wood."

Lucy's memoirs say he was 'reaping' in the field with his father and older brother Alvin.

The Joseph Smith history seems to be what Julie is taking her version from--Joseph simply mentioned the 'necessary labors of the day', because she includes him climbing a fence (which is not in the other two versions which say he lay down under an apple tree because he was so weak.)

Julie also omits Joseph going back to the field to tell his father, instead she says she saw him walk home and climb in bed and fall fast asleep. This contradicts Lucy's version and the Joseph Smith history version, where he promises to follow the angel's instructions and goes right out to the place where he'd been told the plates were buried.

In Lucy's version it says "his father charged him not to fail in attending strictly to the instruction which he had received from this heavenly messenger. Soon after Joseph had this conversation with his father, he repaired to the place where the plates were deposited .."

I earlier on this thread was discussed another discrepancy which I noted while reading this book-- Rowe says 'he rolled away the large stone' (pg 82) however, Lucy's version and the Joseph Smith history say he "obtained a lever, which I got fixed under the edge of the stone, with a little exertion I raised it up."

As I said, the significance of these discrepancies is that she claims to have seen actual events in vision, yet they don't match up to known accounts which I have no reason to believe are incorrect.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

I did indeed notice and mention the discrepancies between the two accounts in regards to both Joseph's activities after the angelic visitation, and also the description of the stone. These are points #29 and #30 respectively. Julie essentially claims to be a first hand witness of these events, and her description of these events clearly contradict Joseph's account, who also claims first hand experience. So either Julie is lying, Joseph is lying, or both are lying. I, for one, have a testimony of the truthfulness of Joseph Smith and his account.

What boggles my mind is that Julie's story contradicts Joseph's account so much. Since she was raised in the Church surely she would know that her version is not in harmony with with Joseph's. And surely since she is a self proclaimed student of history she should be aware of these discrepancies as well. So how is it that she slipped in these contradictions? Was it intentional? And if so, for what purpose?

I had not heard of Lucy's account of Joseph reaping in the field. Now that is interesting; I'll have to add it to my notes. What are the references for that? And is the Julie quote about him chopping wood from "A Greater Tomorrow" or a different book? I don't seem to remember reading that part.

Thanks for the additional information AI2.0!

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Here's the references:

In "A greater tomorrow", it says;

"I witnessed as the next day Joseph was working in the field with his father chopping wood." page 82

In 'Lucy's book' an edition of the smith family memior' it says:

"The next day, my husband, Alvin, and Joseph, were reaping together in the field, and as they were reaping, Joseph stopped quite suddenly, and seemed to be in a very deep study." page 339

My own opinion; I think she was using the Joseph Smith history as her guide (where it just mentions 'necessary labors') and thought to add a more particular detail 'chopping wood' thinking it would make it sound authentic. She was not aware that there was another version that explained in more detail that he was reaping in the fields with his father and brothers.

evejaa
captain of 50

Post by evejaa »

I don't need to pray about Julie Rowe. To me that is reserved for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for me to follow the Prophet and Apostles. God has given us the power of discernment. When something is true and of God, the Holy Ghost bears witness....it can sound good till the cows come home, but no witness means, not from Heavenly Father.

evejaa
captain of 50

Post by evejaa »

shestalou wrote: January 27th, 2015, 6:59 pm Julie is not perfect as a matter of fact last I checked she was still mortal so yes she will probably have some inconsistancies, we all do in this life but I believe these experiences were for her and she chose to share what she was able to and I dont think people should read her book as a bible but as a friend sharing an awesome experience from God to her. :)
Joseph Smith didn't have any inconsistencies. If there were errors, they were human. When the Holy Ghost bore witness to me, it did not matter, day or night, the event happen, and I know Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God.

I read Julie's first book when it came out, there was a lot of truths. I believe now that she gathered truths from a lot of Roger Young and others on AVOW. I listened to her radio predictions, but when the earthquake didn't happened in 2016...now 2018, now 2 years later... I see and feel NO Heavenly Father guidance. NO Holy Ghost witnessing.

Now in 2018 she is again predicting earthquake, earthquake! By May...oh wait, "maybe this May or next May...I am not sure of date..I just know it's in the spring", she says. So when and if the earthquake come, give no credit to her! Our God, Our Heavenly Father is sure and I trust when He wants to warn us, He will do it through His appointed priesthood leaders.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

evejaa wrote: February 12th, 2018, 9:46 pm
shestalou wrote: January 27th, 2015, 6:59 pm Julie is not perfect as a matter of fact last I checked she was still mortal so yes she will probably have some inconsistancies, we all do in this life but I believe these experiences were for her and she chose to share what she was able to and I dont think people should read her book as a bible but as a friend sharing an awesome experience from God to her. :)
Joseph Smith didn't have any inconsistencies. If there were errors, they were human. When the Holy Ghost bore witness to me, it did not matter, day or night, the event happen, and I know Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God.

I read Julie's first book when it came out, there was a lot of truths. I believe now that she gathered truths from a lot of Roger Young and others on AVOW. I listened to her radio predictions, but when the earthquake didn't happened in 2016...now 2018, now 2 years later... I see and feel NO Heavenly Father guidance. NO Holy Ghost witnessing.

Now in 2018 she is again predicting earthquake, earthquake! By May...oh wait, "maybe this May or next May...I am not sure of date..I just know it's in the spring", she says. So when and if the earthquake come, give no credit to her! Our God, Our Heavenly Father is sure and I trust when He wants to warn us, He will do it through His appointed priesthood leaders.
Im with you. I trust Julie Rowe as far as I could throw her.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness....

The above is quite strong, but I think that we are at that stage. Now I do not think that the " Wicked has been revealed", yet, but, I think no question that Julia Rowes book of " A Greater Tomorrow" is a perfect example of being sent "strong delusions" so that we believe a lie. Do we really think that deception just comes at us so very obviously observable to the naked eye? NO, NO, NO,.. things of the spirit, be they good or evil can only be discerned and detected by the Spirit of God. And the other interesting thing defined in the above is that it is because of receiving the truth but not loving it that God sends those strong delusions intentionally to us so that we will believe a lie, again , with emphasis, BECAUSE WE LOVE NOT THE TRUTH.
We are in the latter days, and, Satan has pulled out all the stops and knows his time is short. So the warfare is getting more and more into the open. And what people is he after the most? Those that have received the truth. But, sorry to say, there are some of us that receive the truth but do not love it. And you can tell to a certain degree by the commenting on this forum and other places as well. But also there is a great danger of "self righteousness" so the imperative need to be continually watchful of ourselves. As said by King Benjamin:
Mosiah 4:
29 And finally, I cannot tell you all the things whereby ye may commit sin; for there are divers ways and means, even so many that I cannot number them.

30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not....

Her book could be more appropriately named "A Grand Delusion" as that is what it is. Yet it is amazing how many fell for it. Did she have that experience? I have no doubt that she did. I just dispute her claimed source. It was from hell itself as far as I am concerned. But one thing for sure, everybody has the right to believe it or not....