Anthony Larsen's Prophecy Trilogy

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Anthony Larsen's Prophecy Trilogy

Post by ajax »

Has anybody read these? I just ordered them on amazon based on a couple of recent reviews:

http://latterdaycommentary.com/2013/01/ ... o-blood-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://puremormonism.blogspot.com/2013/ ... range.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just thought I would gather others thoughts before they arrive on my doorstep.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: Anthony Larsen's Prophecy Trilogy

Post by A Random Phrase »

I've read the trilogy a time or three. I still have them somewhere.

I found them very enlightening. It did seem, after a while, as if he was seeing his thesis proven in every scripture, including several that I don't think were referring to interplanetary bodies. Also, my faith wavered at the idea that the Red Sea would have parted even if Moses had not been standing there commanding it - same with the Egyptian plagues and the manna. I had a real struggle believing in God and prophets for a bit, after reading that part.

I think his ideas have merit, but I also think that a man with the power of God can command the elements - not that the elements would have done that thing anyway.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Hi ARP! Hope all is well friend. I am real, real sorry to hear that. That is not what Anthony's books and classes are about I promise you. Anthony NEVER robs God of his power or greatness. The events (plagues / miracles) were real events regardless of what modern science says. Anthony is the only LDS scholar to prove the validity of the Exodus. Same goes with many, if not all the events in the Old Testament. The Red Sea parted because it was God will and the elements obeyed. Moses knew it would happen because God revealed it to him, or told him that was what He wanted them to do...

D&C 8:2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.

3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground.

Many lds folks don't like Anthony's "NATURAL" explanations. I agree with Anthony 100%. Our religion is uniquely naturalistic at its roots. A god who is a “glorified man” with a body of flesh and bone, and did not receive the fullness of this divine power at the first, but grew and increased in the same till, he had all power in heaven and on earth. As taught by Joseph Smith. Most Christians believe God to be mere spirit, intellect or force and nothing like man. But as a prophet once said; “As man now is, God once was. As God now is, man may become.” -(Pres. Lorezo Snow) "That’s naturalism par excellence, and it sets a tone for all LDS doctrine and tradition."

The big argument against "Natural" is that something really can act on nothing. Which so happens to be exactly what General Relativity and the Big Bang are really about. Please consider this excerpt from Parley Pratt most inspiring book, "The Key to the Science of Theology". I think it explains a few things about God's eternal laws of nature which falls perfectly in line with what Anthony presents.

I consider Key to the Science of theology scripture and is right up there with Lectures on Faith and the Standard works. But it backs up everything Anthony teaches and discusses and discusses in a electrifying way the real source of Miracles.

From Chapter XI; PHILOSOPHY OF MIRACLES

Pratt words in RED.

AMONG the popular errors of modern times an opinion prevails that miracles are contrary to the laws of nature, that they are effects without a cause. (Do we ever have to take relativity or the bang serious ever again? )

If such is the fact, then there never has been a miracle, and there never will be one. The laws of nature are the laws of truth. Truth is un-changeable, and independent in its own sphere.

That which at first sight appears to be contrary to the known laws of nature, will always be found, on investigation, to be in perfect accordance with those laws.....If the last generation had witnessed the con- veyance of news from London to Paris, in an instant, while they knew nothing of the late invention of the electric telegraph, they would have testified, in all candor, and with the utmost assurance, that a miracle had been performed, in open violation of the well known laws of nature and contrary to all human knowledge of cause and effect.

But once familiar with the arts of the living age, all -those miracles cease to be such, and the laws of nature, and of cause and effect, are found to be still moving, unimpaired, in all the harmony of primeval existence and operation.

The same views will apply with equal force to all the spiritual phenomena of the universe.

The terms miracle and mystery must become obsolete, and finally disappear from the vocabulary of intelligences, as they advance in the higher spheres of intellectual consistency. Even now they should be used only in a relative or limited sense, as applicable to those things which are not yet within reach of our powers or means of comprehension.

We will here remind the student of two principles or laws of existence, developed in a former chapter of this work, which will account for all the miraculous powers of the universe, all the mighty works ever manifested by God or His servants.

First. All the elements of the material universe are eternal.

Second. There is a divine substance or essence called spirit, widely diffused among these eternal elements. This spiritual substance is the most re- fined, subtle and powerful element in the universe. It is the light, life, power and principle of all things. . This divine element, or spirit, is the immediate, active or controlling agent in all holy miraculous powers.

Angels, and holy men, perform all their miracles simply, to use a modern magnetic term, by being in "communication" with this divine substance. Two beings, or two millions any number, thus placed in "communication," possess one mind. The mind of the one is the mind of the other, the will of the one is the will of the other, the word of the one is the word of the other. And the Spirit of the Lord, being in communication with them all, goes forth to control the elements, and to execute their mandates legally issued, in accordance with the mind and wisdom of the Great Eloheim.

God the Father is the head. The mandates of Jesus Christ must be in the name of the Father.

The mandates of angels, or of holy men, in order to be legal, or of due force and power, must be issued in the name of Jesus Christ, or of the three who compose the Head Council, and must be in accordance with their united mind and will. The agency being invisible and the effect visible, the act performed appears to those who are unacquainted with spiritual agency, as a miracle, or an effect without a cause.

When Jesus Christ was clothed upon with a mortal tabernacle He had not the fullness of this divine power at the first, but grew and increased in the same till, being raised from the dead, He received a fullness, and, therefore, had all power in heaven and on earth.

His Apostles received of this Spirit, but not a fullness, while they were mortal; therefore, they could know and perform some things, but not all.

The members of the Church also partook of this Spirit, through the ministry of the Apostles, by which miraculous gifts were imparted unto them, some to one and some to another; some to speak in tongues, some to interpret or translate from one language into another; some to prophesy, see visions, or converse with angels; others to control, or cast out devils, or heal the sick; and others, again, to teach and edify the Church, or the world, by the word of wisdom and by the word of knowledge.

All these gifts and miracles were the workings of that one and the self-same Spirit given to the members of the Church of the Saints, while the world did not partake sufficiently thereof to possess these gifts. The reason of this is that they did not repent and believe in Jesus Christ, and be baptized in His name and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of the hands of the Priesthood, these duties and ordinances being the legal or appointed channel by which that gift was imparted. The reason why these gifts of the Spirit have not been enjoyed in all ages of the so-called "Christian church" is because it is not the true Church; nor is the true ministry or Apostleship to be found among the church or churches where these gifts are denied. Every minister and member of such institutions have need to repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, for a remission of sins, and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, by the laying on of hands of those who have authority, in order to enter into the Kingdom of God.

These ordinances, ministered by a legal Priesthood, being divinely appointed, are the only legitimate means by which man may receive and exercise these divine powers; or, in other words, they are the means ordained of God, to place man in communication with the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and with angels, and the spirits of just men in the world of spirits, and with the members of the true Church on the earth.

To heal a person by the touch, or by the laying on of hands, in the name of Jesus Christ, or to impart the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, is as much in accordance with the laws of nature, as for water to seek its own level, an apple to fall to the ground when loosened from the tree where it grew, or, quick-silver or the magnet to attract its own affinities.

A person commissioned of Jesus Christ, and filled with this spiritual substance, can impart of the same to another, provided there is a preparation of heart and faith on the part of the receiver.

Or if, as in cases of healing, casting out devils, etc., it happens that the receiver has no command of his own mind, as in cases of little children, persons swooned, fainted, deranged or dead, then the faith of the administrator alone, or in connection with that of other friends and agents, in his behalf, is sufficient in many cases to perform the work.

However, the touch, or laying on of hands, is not the only means of communicating the gift of healing. A word spoken, a mandate issued, or even a handkerchief, apron, or other garment, worn or touched by a person full of this Spirit, and conveyed to another, has, according to sacred history, and also the experience of the present age, proved sufficient to produce the desired effect between minds of strong and mutual faith. So well acquainted was the Prophet Elisha with this principle, that he sent his servant to lay his staff upon a dead child, in order to raise it from the dead; but in this instance, the undertaking failed. The Prophet could only resuscitate the child by placing face to face, eye to eye, mouth to mouth, hand to hand, etc., so as to give the greatest possible effect to the imparting of the spirit of life. For the holy and divine spiritual element to control all other elements, is just as natural as for the greater to control the less, or the strong the weak. It is upon the same principle that a higher intelligence is able to comprehend, circumscribe, and instruct that which is less.

Hence, when the worlds were framed, God spake, and this divine spirit went forth and executed the mandate, by controlling the elements in accordance with the will, pattern, or designed form in the mind of Him that spake. Wisdom pondered the pattern of all created things, weighed their properties, attributes and uses in the balance of mature intellect. Every minute portion and member of the several departments of life and being, every adaptation to their natural use, was clearly conceived, formed in the mind, and matured, ere the mandate was issued. And the whole was executed in exact accordance with the pattern matured in the divine Mind.

By this divine Spirit all things were formed. By this divine substance all things live, move, and have a being. By this agency Moses controlled the sea, Joshua the light of the sun, Daniel the mouths of the lions, and his brethren the flames. By this the heavens were opened and
were shut, the rain or the dearth prevailed, armies were subdued, the sick healed or the dead raised, and all in accordance with the laws of nature, it being perfectly natural for the subordinate elements to obey the supreme, all-controlling, all-pervading element tinder the directing power of Deity.

The modern world, called "Christian," claims to have perpetuated the system, called "Christianity/' while at the same time it declares that the miraculous gifts of the Spirit have ceased.

With as much propriety it might be contended that the magnet had been perpetuated, but had lost its magnetic properties; that water was perpetrated with all its virtues, but had lost its power to quench thirst, or seek its own level; that fire was still fire, but had lost its heat.

How, we inquire, can Christianity have been perpetrated while its virtues, its legitimate powers, its distinguishing features, its very life and essence have ceased from among men? Or, of what use is it if it does exist? Is a compass of use when its needle has lost its magnetic attraction?

Is water of use when it no longer seeks its level or quenches thirst? Is fire of use when it loses its heat? Is a sun dial of use in a dark and cloudy day? Or a watch without a mainspring? Or are the mere forms 'and ceremonies of any system of use when the divine or legitimate powers, for which such forms were instituted, are withdrawn?

O man! be no longer deceived by solemn mockeries of things sacred, or by great and holy names applied to corrupt and degenerate systems.

When the -miracles and gifts of the divine Spirit ceased from among men, Christianity ceased, the Christian ministry ceased, the Church of Christ ceased.

That ministry which sets aside modern inspiration, revelation, prophecy, angels, visions, healings, etc., is not ordained of God, but is anti- Christian in spirit. In short it is that spirit of priestcraft and kingcraft by which the world, for many ages, has been ruled as with a rod of irorn.

The sooner the present generation lose reverence and respect for modern "Christianity," with all its powerless forms and solemn mockeries.

the sooner they will be prepared to receive the Kingdom of God. The sooner the treasuries of nations and the purses of individuals are relieved from the support of priestcraft and superstitions, so much sooner will they be able and willing to devote their means and influence to print and publish the glad tidings of the fullness of the Gospel, restored in this age, to assist in the gathering of the house of Israel, and in the building of the cities and temples of Zion and Jerusalem.

Is that some good meat or what?

Miracles are NOT contrary to the laws of nature. Moses focused and desired to draw attention to the reader minds the power and greatness of God, rather than explaining the natural causes [means] [resulting from the elements obeying God] of miracles associated with the exodus. In the correct context, trying to understand the [means] whereby God may have performed some of the miracles does not rob God of his Power. In fact you dive right into the heart into the mystery's of God. God call's certain people to be agents, to act in his name and do his bidding on Earth. Same principle applies as he may direct the elements of nature to do his bidding. Acting as agents. His omnipotence is not dependent upon human ignorance.

Therefore, the parting of the red sea, pillar of smoke and all the other miracles of the exodus were manifestations of God through natural causes.

Cheers!
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on May 17th, 2015, 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Thanks for answering, Semp.
I think you might have drawn your conclusions based on a quote from Velikovsky.

You may be right.

So, Moses commanded and the elements obeyed, but what was going on at the moment with the planets helped out? The planets' movements would not have had that effect on the water if Moses had not used the power of God to divide the water?
Plus, I don't want anyone to worry ajax about weather or not he is about to read something that might shake his faith and decide to not read them at all.
I would hope that he is willing to read them, whether I had a problem or not, because they are incredible books. A lot more truth than in most science books, and we have no qualms reading them, it seems.

Thank you for your explanation. That lays to rest the only serious objection I had to the books.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

This is a bump, because I really enjoyed reading the Trilogy and concepts around the Electric Universe.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

A Random Phrase wrote:I've read the trilogy a time or three. I still have them somewhere.

I found them very enlightening. It did seem, after a while, as if he was seeing his thesis proven in every scripture, including several that I don't think were referring to interplanetary bodies. Also, my faith wavered at the idea that the Red Sea would have parted even if Moses had not been standing there commanding it - same with the Egyptian plagues and the manna. I had a real struggle believing in God and prophets for a bit, after reading that part.

I think his ideas have merit, but I also think that a man with the power of God can command the elements - not that the elements would have done that thing anyway.

Exactly!! I was scratching my head for quite a while and still wonder (he was awfully vague sometimes ) if he believes that those events happened because of things going on with Gods children and His Devine intervention or if it was a huge very convenient scientific coincidence.
Last edited by Bananikka on October 31st, 2014, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I have these three books and am currently reading them. I have finished the first one, though. I'm totally blown away.

Deb1961
captain of 10

Post by Deb1961 »

I read them back in the 90s. They are good books. I liked the first 2 books better than the last one. I think the earh has been rocked by previous cosmic encounters. The Meteor Crater in AZ is proof of cosmic activity.

Hope you enjoy them!

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

coachmarc wrote:I have these three books and am currently reading them. I have finished the first one, though. I'm totally blown away.
Nice picture coach!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

rewcox wrote:
coachmarc wrote:I have these three books and am currently reading them. I have finished the first one, though. I'm totally blown away.
Nice picture coach!
Thank you! :)

gazing out a window
captain of 10

Post by gazing out a window »

Diddo to the things SempiternalHarbinger said. I found Anthony's books while searching for answers to some questions of my own back in 2008. At the time I had trouble finding copies. It was worth the effort. Now Deseret book is publishing them again. Very enlightening, helps me understand prophecy better.... who wouldn't want that? Don't forget the 4th book... http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6622 ... inest-book" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Deseret Book doesn't seem to publish the 4th book :-o oh well, it will be worth it when you find a copy.

I share his information when ever I can. This is one of the many subjects that is worth studying as a step in healing your mind from the usual government kool-aid.
D&C 106:5 Therefore, gird up your loins, that you may be the children of light, and that day shall not overtake you as a thief.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: February 21st, 2013, 7:38 pm Hi ARP! Hope all is well friend. I am real, real sorry to hear that. That is not what Anthony's books and classes are about I promise you. Anthony NEVER robs God of his power or greatness. The events (plagues / miracles) were real events regardless of what modern science says. Anthony is the only LDS scholar to prove the validity of the Exodus. Same goes with many, if not all the events in the Old Testament. The Red Sea parted because it was God will and the elements obeyed. Moses knew it would happen because God revealed it to him, or told him that was what He wanted them to do...

D&C 8:2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.

3 Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground.

Many lds folks don't like Anthony's "NATURAL" explanations. I agree with Anthony 100%. Our religion is uniquely naturalistic at its roots. A god who is a “glorified man” with a body of flesh and bone, and did not receive the fullness of this divine power at the first, but grew and increased in the same till, he had all power in heaven and on earth. As taught by Joseph Smith. Most Christians believe God to be mere spirit, intellect or force and nothing like man. But as a prophet once said; “As man now is, God once was. As God now is, man may become.” -(Pres. Lorezo Snow) "That’s naturalism par excellence, and it sets a tone for all LDS doctrine and tradition."

The big argument against "Natural" is that something really can act on nothing. Which so happens to be exactly what General Relativity and the Big Bang are really about. Please consider this excerpt from Parley Pratt most inspiring book, "The Key to the Science of Theology". I think it explains a few things about God's eternal laws of nature which falls perfectly in line with what Anthony presents.

I consider Key to the Science of theology scripture and is right up there with Lectures on Faith and the Standard works. But it backs up everything Anthony teaches and discusses and discusses in a electrifying way the real source of Miracles.

From Chapter XI; PHILOSOPHY OF MIRACLES

Pratt words in RED.

AMONG the popular errors of modern times an opinion prevails that miracles are contrary to the laws of nature, that they are effects without a cause. (Do we ever have to take relativity or the bang serious ever again? )

If such is the fact, then there never has been a miracle, and there never will be one. The laws of nature are the laws of truth. Truth is un-changeable, and independent in its own sphere.

That which at first sight appears to be contrary to the known laws of nature, will always be found, on investigation, to be in perfect accordance with those laws.....If the last generation had witnessed the con- veyance of news from London to Paris, in an instant, while they knew nothing of the late invention of the electric telegraph, they would have testified, in all candor, and with the utmost assurance, that a miracle had been performed, in open violation of the well known laws of nature and contrary to all human knowledge of cause and effect.

But once familiar with the arts of the living age, all -those miracles cease to be such, and the laws of nature, and of cause and effect, are found to be still moving, unimpaired, in all the harmony of primeval existence and operation.

The same views will apply with equal force to all the spiritual phenomena of the universe.

The terms miracle and mystery must become obsolete, and finally disappear from the vocabulary of intelligences, as they advance in the higher spheres of intellectual consistency. Even now they should be used only in a relative or limited sense, as applicable to those things which are not yet within reach of our powers or means of comprehension.

We will here remind the student of two principles or laws of existence, developed in a former chapter of this work, which will account for all the miraculous powers of the universe, all the mighty works ever manifested by God or His servants.

First. All the elements of the material universe are eternal.

Second. There is a divine substance or essence called spirit, widely diffused among these eternal elements. This spiritual substance is the most re- fined, subtle and powerful element in the universe. It is the light, life, power and principle of all things. . This divine element, or spirit, is the immediate, active or controlling agent in all holy miraculous powers.

Angels, and holy men, perform all their miracles simply, to use a modern magnetic term, by being in "communication" with this divine substance. Two beings, or two millions any number, thus placed in "communication," possess one mind. The mind of the one is the mind of the other, the will of the one is the will of the other, the word of the one is the word of the other. And the Spirit of the Lord, being in communication with them all, goes forth to control the elements, and to execute their mandates legally issued, in accordance with the mind and wisdom of the Great Eloheim.

God the Father is the head. The mandates of Jesus Christ must be in the name of the Father.

The mandates of angels, or of holy men, in order to be legal, or of due force and power, must be issued in the name of Jesus Christ, or of the three who compose the Head Council, and must be in accordance with their united mind and will. The agency being invisible and the effect visible, the act performed appears to those who are unacquainted with spiritual agency, as a miracle, or an effect without a cause.

When Jesus Christ was clothed upon with a mortal tabernacle He had not the fullness of this divine power at the first, but grew and increased in the same till, being raised from the dead, He received a fullness, and, therefore, had all power in heaven and on earth.

His Apostles received of this Spirit, but not a fullness, while they were mortal; therefore, they could know and perform some things, but not all.

The members of the Church also partook of this Spirit, through the ministry of the Apostles, by which miraculous gifts were imparted unto them, some to one and some to another; some to speak in tongues, some to interpret or translate from one language into another; some to prophesy, see visions, or converse with angels; others to control, or cast out devils, or heal the sick; and others, again, to teach and edify the Church, or the world, by the word of wisdom and by the word of knowledge.

All these gifts and miracles were the workings of that one and the self-same Spirit given to the members of the Church of the Saints, while the world did not partake sufficiently thereof to possess these gifts. The reason of this is that they did not repent and believe in Jesus Christ, and be baptized in His name and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of the hands of the Priesthood, these duties and ordinances being the legal or appointed channel by which that gift was imparted. The reason why these gifts of the Spirit have not been enjoyed in all ages of the so-called "Christian church" is because it is not the true Church; nor is the true ministry or Apostleship to be found among the church or churches where these gifts are denied. Every minister and member of such institutions have need to repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, for a remission of sins, and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, by the laying on of hands of those who have authority, in order to enter into the Kingdom of God.

These ordinances, ministered by a legal Priesthood, being divinely appointed, are the only legitimate means by which man may receive and exercise these divine powers; or, in other words, they are the means ordained of God, to place man in communication with the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and with angels, and the spirits of just men in the world of spirits, and with the members of the true Church on the earth.

To heal a person by the touch, or by the laying on of hands, in the name of Jesus Christ, or to impart the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, is as much in accordance with the laws of nature, as for water to seek its own level, an apple to fall to the ground when loosened from the tree where it grew, or, quick-silver or the magnet to attract its own affinities.

A person commissioned of Jesus Christ, and filled with this spiritual substance, can impart of the same to another, provided there is a preparation of heart and faith on the part of the receiver.

Or if, as in cases of healing, casting out devils, etc., it happens that the receiver has no command of his own mind, as in cases of little children, persons swooned, fainted, deranged or dead, then the faith of the administrator alone, or in connection with that of other friends and agents, in his behalf, is sufficient in many cases to perform the work.

However, the touch, or laying on of hands, is not the only means of communicating the gift of healing. A word spoken, a mandate issued, or even a handkerchief, apron, or other garment, worn or touched by a person full of this Spirit, and conveyed to another, has, according to sacred history, and also the experience of the present age, proved sufficient to produce the desired effect between minds of strong and mutual faith. So well acquainted was the Prophet Elisha with this principle, that he sent his servant to lay his staff upon a dead child, in order to raise it from the dead; but in this instance, the undertaking failed. The Prophet could only resuscitate the child by placing face to face, eye to eye, mouth to mouth, hand to hand, etc., so as to give the greatest possible effect to the imparting of the spirit of life. For the holy and divine spiritual element to control all other elements, is just as natural as for the greater to control the less, or the strong the weak. It is upon the same principle that a higher intelligence is able to comprehend, circumscribe, and instruct that which is less.

Hence, when the worlds were framed, God spake, and this divine spirit went forth and executed the mandate, by controlling the elements in accordance with the will, pattern, or designed form in the mind of Him that spake. Wisdom pondered the pattern of all created things, weighed their properties, attributes and uses in the balance of mature intellect. Every minute portion and member of the several departments of life and being, every adaptation to their natural use, was clearly conceived, formed in the mind, and matured, ere the mandate was issued. And the whole was executed in exact accordance with the pattern matured in the divine Mind.

By this divine Spirit all things were formed. By this divine substance all things live, move, and have a being. By this agency Moses controlled the sea, Joshua the light of the sun, Daniel the mouths of the lions, and his brethren the flames. By this the heavens were opened and
were shut, the rain or the dearth prevailed, armies were subdued, the sick healed or the dead raised, and all in accordance with the laws of nature, it being perfectly natural for the subordinate elements to obey the supreme, all-controlling, all-pervading element tinder the directing power of Deity.

The modern world, called "Christian," claims to have perpetuated the system, called "Christianity/' while at the same time it declares that the miraculous gifts of the Spirit have ceased.

With as much propriety it might be contended that the magnet had been perpetuated, but had lost its magnetic properties; that water was perpetrated with all its virtues, but had lost its power to quench thirst, or seek its own level; that fire was still fire, but had lost its heat.

How, we inquire, can Christianity have been perpetrated while its virtues, its legitimate powers, its distinguishing features, its very life and essence have ceased from among men? Or, of what use is it if it does exist? Is a compass of use when its needle has lost its magnetic attraction?

Is water of use when it no longer seeks its level or quenches thirst? Is fire of use when it loses its heat? Is a sun dial of use in a dark and cloudy day? Or a watch without a mainspring? Or are the mere forms 'and ceremonies of any system of use when the divine or legitimate powers, for which such forms were instituted, are withdrawn?

O man! be no longer deceived by solemn mockeries of things sacred, or by great and holy names applied to corrupt and degenerate systems.

When the -miracles and gifts of the divine Spirit ceased from among men, Christianity ceased, the Christian ministry ceased, the Church of Christ ceased.

That ministry which sets aside modern inspiration, revelation, prophecy, angels, visions, healings, etc., is not ordained of God, but is anti- Christian in spirit. In short it is that spirit of priestcraft and kingcraft by which the world, for many ages, has been ruled as with a rod of irorn.

The sooner the present generation lose reverence and respect for modern "Christianity," with all its powerless forms and solemn mockeries.

the sooner they will be prepared to receive the Kingdom of God. The sooner the treasuries of nations and the purses of individuals are relieved from the support of priestcraft and superstitions, so much sooner will they be able and willing to devote their means and influence to print and publish the glad tidings of the fullness of the Gospel, restored in this age, to assist in the gathering of the house of Israel, and in the building of the cities and temples of Zion and Jerusalem.

Is that some good meat or what?

Miracles are NOT contrary to the laws of nature. Moses focused and desired to draw attention to the reader minds the power and greatness of God, rather than explaining the natural causes [means] [resulting from the elements obeying God] of miracles associated with the exodus. In the correct context, trying to understand the [means] whereby God may have performed some of the miracles does not rob God of his Power. In fact you dive right into the heart into the mystery's of God. God call's certain people to be agents, to act in his name and do his bidding on Earth. Same principle applies as he may direct the elements of nature to do his bidding. Acting as agents. His omnipotence is not dependent upon human ignorance.

Therefore, the parting of the red sea, pillar of smoke and all the other miracles of the exodus were manifestations of God through natural causes.

Cheers!
important to ponder again