My Review of "The Cleansing of America" by Skousen

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: My Review of "The Cleansing of America" by Skousen

Post by Jason »

wildernessdaughter wrote:Haven't read the book, but I am curious, does anyone know what Skousen's take is on a call-out?
Yeah...if you aren't in the Rocky Mountain area...odds are you will be called out and the timing will be short before travel across seas made near impossible.

Best read it for yourself though and come to your own (then educated) opinions regarding his comments!!!

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Bump for the marathon.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

pjbrownie wrote: 1. Skousen see's America being cleansed by a "scourge". There is no elaboration on the scourge other than the discussion of Charles Evan's vision of the "purple dot" on the back of the hand. There isn't any discussion of war or invasion by an outside force upon America, although he doesn't say it WON'T happen. It seems that Skousen is convinced that it's a plague more than anything that cleanses America and prepares it for Zion. I think he misses the grand archetypes outlined in Isaiah and the Book of Mormon of a great power like unto Assyria that humbles Israel, or he deliberately misses it, I'm uncertain.
This is a perfect example of why this book does little for me. He relies heavily on things such as the dream above as proof for his outline of the last days. The problem is if you read the full account of this dream, Evans at the end states clearly it is nothing more than just a dream--not prophetic, not form God yet Skousen uses it to support his theories.