Key to the Science of Theology by Parley P. Pratt

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
An Eye Single
captain of 100

Key to the Science of Theology by Parley P. Pratt

Post by An Eye Single »

As I read through so many of these threads, one book keeps coming to mind. To my knowledge, it has not been discussed by name on this forum. Parley P. Pratt's Key to the Science of Theology. I'm relatively new to the forum so forgive me if this has been recommended before.

Over the last few months, it seems as if a very large jigsaw puzzle has been being assembled in my mind's eye concerning a wide range of topics from politics to polygamy. There have been literally dozens of topics that I have been studying that have been discussed on this forum and those discussions have provided me with hundreds of little epiphanies about the topics that I have been studying. I have noticed that I often find myself saying "That reminds me of what Parley P. Pratt said." Not that I would regard it as scripture, but it certainly has much truth in it and, when pondered over, the Spirit does manifest its truthfulness.

I highly recommend it now in light of the threads on polygamy and birth control. It discusses so much more, but the last chapter in the book does a great job of articulating the eternal feelings and mind-set regarding these two issues. I think that you can read it on Gospelink.com. I don't have a gospelink account, but it was included in the Gospelink CD set that you could install on your PC so hopefully you can access it via the internet. You can also get it as an e-book at Barnes and Noble's website. There are a few little typos, but hey, it's free. :wink: If your going to actually get the book, do not get the version published by BiblioBazaar as it is missing paragraphs of the original.

A fantastic book!!! Happy reading!!!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Key to the Science of Theology by Parley P. Pratt

Post by Rose Garden »

Thanks. I was about to give up on the polygamy thread with all the bickering going on there. Fortunately, I checked back one more time and saw your post recommending this book. I found it here: http://www.archive.org/details/keytosci ... 00pratrich and google has a whole list of results for it.

An Eye Single
captain of 100

Post by An Eye Single »

Thank you, Roserum. I've been looking for a way to pull this book up easily on my smartphone and the link is perfect.

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

Thx for this !

btw, there's a bit in there about dreams too - which is another thread on this forum ;)