Tag someone

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
On The Fringe
captain of 50

Tag someone

Post by On The Fringe »

I'm of the "younger" generation full of whippersnappers (I read somewhere that a lot of those here are baby boomers), but I did have a simple suggestion.

I'm not a fan of quote walls. If a quote wall is bigger than two posts, to me, it's far too big.

However, when I make a reply on a thread I would like a way to be able to notify people that I am responding to them - kind of like what quoting does already.

So it could be the simple Facebook or Twitter way of a implying typing

@BeNotDeceived
Or
@OnTheFringe

Of course, this assumes you type their name right. There may already be a feature like this, and if there is, please let me know!

Thank you very much! This is an amazing forum we have here. I hope that it continues to see growth!

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Tag someone

Post by inho »

I usually just quote people, but cut the quote to have only the one sentence which is relevant for my comment. One can also delete all the text in the quote and leave only the header which links to the original post quoted.

On The Fringe
captain of 50

Post by On The Fringe »

inho wrote: December 15th, 2017, 3:33 am
Hmm. That's one way without changing anything. if I were to want to reference multiple in one post it might be a little more difficult (I use this website mainly on my phone... Desktop experience might be easier). But that works!

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

On The Fringe wrote: December 15th, 2017, 6:30 pm
That is true, on the phone the editing of the quotes can be burdensome.