Are there still "Snufferites" here?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
seer stone
captain of 100

Are there still "Snufferites" here?

Post by seer stone »

I joined the Freedom Forum in April 2010. Yes, that is over seven years ago. I'm sure that a lot of things have changed since then. There was a time when I was an active participant, but I stirred away from the forum when everyone went "Snufferite" crazy. I was even some secret locked forum back then to try and figure out what they were all about. I have always had this page bookmarked in my favorites and decided to check it out after quite a few years of inactivity. Don't recognize many of the name anymore. Well, carry on with what you do.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Are there still "Snufferites" here?

Post by AI2.0 »

seer stone wrote: May 10th, 2017, 3:40 pm I joined the Freedom Forum in April 2010. Yes, that is over seven years ago. I'm sure that a lot of things have changed since then. There was a time when I was an active participant, but I stirred away from the forum when everyone went "Snufferite" crazy. I was even some secret locked forum back then to try and figure out what they were all about. I have always had this page bookmarked in my favorites and decided to check it out after quite a few years of inactivity. Don't recognize many of the name anymore. Well, carry on with what you do.

The private 'Heavenly Gift' forum is gone, I think it was shut down at least a year ago, maybe longer. When that happened a lot of the forum members who follow Denver Snuffer left and started their own forum. Some have returned, but they keep their support for him quiet, for the most part. So, to answer your question, it is not the Snuffer forum it was when you were here years ago, but there are still the vestiges of Snuffer's beliefs among a few of the members.

seer stone
captain of 100

Post by seer stone »

Did they start their own church?

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

They're all still here. Every last one of them. Maybe a few names have changed, maybe some lurk and a few misrepresent themselves as something else. But they are still here. Waiting....for something... to happen... that might validate them.

When they get bored a lot of them like to beat up Julie Rowe.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Many have left. Some haven't. Most postings on here are the typical LDS stuff now, with a few forays in to DS. (As an example, a recent thread whose heading claims the topic is about him, long ago went off track into something totally different.)
seer stone wrote: May 10th, 2017, 4:48 pm Did they start their own church?
Depends on what you mean by "church". If you mean, was an organization set up with a legal format, the answer is no.

If you mean, was an organization set up with Denver set at the head, he sits in front of the congregation at each meeting he happens to attend, and/or people give him money to run said organization, the answer is no.

If you mean, are there bodies of believers who listen to what he has to say and, if it sets right with them they do it, it might be so. Each fellowship runs by its own rules - at least at the moment.

(I'm formerly A Random Phrase. I left, but the pull was too strong, and I returned.)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 10th, 2017, 6:35 pmWhen they get bored a lot of them like to beat up Julie Rowe.
Um, I think those who are most vocal against Julie Rowe are people like AI2.0 - and none of them are "snufferites" by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, they would probably consider that a gross insult, even moreso than those who consider DS a true messenger from God.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Silver Pie wrote: May 12th, 2017, 1:25 pm
Um, I think those who are most vocal against Julie Rowe are people like AI2.0 - and none of them are "snufferites" by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, they would probably consider that a gross insult, even moreso than those who consider DS a true messenger from God.
Oh, no doubt JR has a broad spectrum of critics. My point wasn't that all anti-JR folks are Snufferites but that most have gone underground and don't represent who they really are here any more.

But I'll guarantee you they are all still here. Once a gospel hobbyist, always a gospel hobbyist. They can't stay away, even if it means staying underground.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 12th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Oh, no doubt JR has a broad spectrum of critics. My point wasn't that all anti-JR folks are Snufferites but that most have gone underground and don't represent who they really are here any more.

But I'll guarantee you they are all still here. Once a gospel hobbyist, always a gospel hobbyist. They can't stay away, even if it means staying underground.
Lol. Sorry to inform you that you are wrong. I know many who have left and never visit here anymore. There are a few here still. They are usually the ones who were here before the Heavenly Gift forum opened.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Meili wrote: May 13th, 2017, 6:21 pm Lol. Sorry to inform you that you are wrong. I know many who have left and never visit here anymore. There are a few here still. They are usually the ones who were here before the Heavenly Gift forum opened.
And I know others who are here under new names and who will not represent themselves as Snufferites.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 13th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Meili wrote: May 13th, 2017, 6:21 pm Lol. Sorry to inform you that you are wrong. I know many who have left and never visit here anymore. There are a few here still. They are usually the ones who were here before the Heavenly Gift forum opened.
And I know others who are here under new names and who will not represent themselves as Snufferites.
Interesting. I wonder who those would be (seriously). I know there was Hugh Jass, but that was a joke (which I was slow in realizing). Most of those I know who were on here have left and not looked back. Most or all of them probably still have an account here, I expect. My name is different, but I have never made that a secret. And I left because I was spending too much time online. Someone who still believes what DS teaches at this point is not likely to hide it from an internet forum I would think.

Maybe we are not noticing the same posters, but when I look at Julie Rowe threads, those going back and forth on it are mostly people I know are not in this movement.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 13th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Soooooo . . . you're just going to leave us hanging . . .?

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Meili wrote: May 14th, 2017, 7:40 am Soooooo . . . you're just going to leave us hanging . . .?
Yup. Dead men tell no tales.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 14th, 2017, 5:08 pm
Meili wrote: May 14th, 2017, 7:40 am Soooooo . . . you're just going to leave us hanging . . .?
Yup. Dead men tell no tales.
Wow. A user from the other side . . . I would have never guessed you'd passed on already. ;)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

:)) :))
Methinks that EA is one of those secret snufferites who are not saying who they really are. :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

You couldn't put a gun to my head to convince me Denver Snuffer is anything other than a bloviating egomaniac.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I still pop in once in a great while. Same name I've always used here. But you might want to ask yourself; where have they gone? What could they possibly be up to? I can say that very few "Snufferites" are bored at the moment, and few have much time to hang out here. But it was nice of you to think of us . . .
Last edited by BringerOfJoy on May 17th, 2017, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Well, there's one who is willing to stand up and be counted.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 10th, 2017, 6:35 pm They're all still here. Every last one of them. Maybe a few names have changed, maybe some lurk and a few misrepresent themselves as something else. But they are still here. Waiting....for something... to happen... that might validate them.

When they get bored a lot of them like to beat up Julie Rowe.

I agree there are some still here, but I disagree with your suggestion that Snufferites 'beat up' on Julie Rowe when they are bored.

Can you name any Julie Rowe critics who are followers of Snuffer? I'm not a Snufferite and I'm pretty critical of Julie Rowe. Looking at just a couple of JR posts, I see; Emmalee, Desertwonderer, Shadow, Capctr, Sarah, Onsdag, Gage, Col. Flagg, Goonerboy, Rumplestilskin, skmo, summerwind, thisisspartaaa, silver, iwritestuff, benotdeceived, mirkwood, I could go on, but you get the jist. I wouldn't call it 'beating up' on Julie Rowe, but they've all questioned her claims to one extent or another and I'm pretty sure none of them are followers of Denver Snuffer. So, I'd say there is no corrolation between criticizing Julie Rowe and following Denver Snuffer.
Last edited by AI2.0 on May 17th, 2017, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 12th, 2017, 6:53 pm

If you mean, they don't loudly proclaim they are attendees of Snuffer communities or they got rebaptised per Snuffer's revised ordinance, or they give a donation at Snuffer fellowship meetings rather than paying tithing, and now they use wine in their Sacrament services, yes, you are right, they don't broadcast these things on the forum, because it's no longer a 'safe' place to do so. Snufferism was welcomed on the forum at one time and it isn't now.

They are still here, I recognize a lot of their names, many have not changed them. I also remember when they were more vocal about their support of him, but if they aren't overtly pushing their religious views and/or breaking forum rules, I don't have a problem with it. Also, some have left the snuffer group, I've seen posts where people have admitted it.

They have their own forum where they are able to talk Snuffer all they want and I think a lot of them went there. I think some who remain and interact more on this forum are maybe more likely to be 'fence sitters'--maybe they have some sympathies for Snufferism, but aren't fully committed to be 'all in' with Denver Snuffer and the Remnant community.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

There are still people that follow David Koresh and the Branch Davidians. You remember - the Waco, Texas siege. It would be no surprise that there are Snufferites. They have a highly active Facebook page.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

FTC wrote: May 17th, 2017, 11:02 am...
It would be no surprise that there are Snufferites. They have a highly active Facebook page.
More like four FB groups that I am aware of.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

AI2.0 wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:57 am ...
I agree there are some still here, but I disagree with your suggestion that Snufferites 'beat up' on Julie Rowe when they are bored.

Can you name any Julie Rowe critics who are followers of Snuffer? I'm not a Snufferite and I'm pretty critical of Julie Rowe. Looking at just a couple of JR posts, I see; Emmalee, Desertwonderer, Shadow, Capctr, Sarah, Onsdag, Gage, Col. Flagg, Goonerboy, Rumplestilskin, skmo, summerwind, thisisspartaaa, silver, iwritestuff, benotdeceived, mirkwood, I could go on, but you get the jist. I wouldn't call it 'beating up' on Julie Rowe, but they've all questioned her claims to one extent or another and I'm pretty sure none of them are followers of Denver Snuffer. So, I'd say there is no corrolation between criticizing Julie Rowe and following Denver Snuffer.
Agreed. I don't recognize ANY of those names as being fellow "Snufferites." We've got better things to do. If you're curious what, here is about 7 years worth of stuff to keep you busy: http://denversnuffer.com/blog/

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

AI2.0 wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:57 am Can you name any Julie Rowe critics who are followers of Snuffer? I'm not a Snufferite and I'm pretty critical of Julie Rowe. Looking at just a couple of JR posts, I see; Emmalee, Desertwonderer, Shadow, Capctr, Sarah, Onsdag, Gage, Col. Flagg, Goonerboy, Rumplestilskin, skmo, summerwind, thisisspartaaa, silver, iwritestuff, benotdeceived, mirkwood, I could go on, but you get the jist. I wouldn't call it 'beating up' on Julie Rowe, but they've all questioned her claims to one extent or another and I'm pretty sure none of them are followers of Denver Snuffer. So, I'd say there is no corrolation between criticizing Julie Rowe and following Denver Snuffer.
Nope, I'm not calling anyone out. And I never said they had an exclusive on burning JR. Nobody's cornered the market on that because there are so many on that corner now.

Let's just say my opinion of remaining Snufferites is "they blend' better now than before. Not sure why that is because I'm not one of them, I don't follow them and they've got as much a right as anyone to be here. Some here suggest they were flushed out and maybe they were, I really don't know. I just know that some remain and I know who they are and I'm curious at their attitudes and activities given the way it used to be. Let's not get to crazy about this.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

ebenezerarise wrote: May 16th, 2017, 3:24 pm Well, there's one who is willing to stand up and be counted.
Sigh. Two. Hello?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

AI2.0 wrote: May 17th, 2017, 10:07 am If you mean, they don't loudly proclaim they are attendees of Snuffer communities or they got rebaptised per Snuffer's revised ordinance, or they give a donation at Snuffer fellowship meetings rather than paying tithing, and now they use wine in their Sacrament services, yes, you are right, they don't broadcast these things on the forum, because it's no longer a 'safe' place to do so. Snufferism was welcomed on the forum at one time and it isn't now.

They are still here, I recognize a lot of their names, many have not changed them. I also remember when they were more vocal about their support of him, but if they aren't overtly pushing their religious views and/or breaking forum rules, I don't have a problem with it. Also, some have left the snuffer group, I've seen posts where people have admitted it.

They have their own forum where they are able to talk Snuffer all they want and I think a lot of them went there. I think some who remain and interact more on this forum are maybe more likely to be 'fence sitters'--maybe they have some sympathies for Snufferism, but aren't fully committed to be 'all in' with Denver Snuffer and the Remnant community.
AI2.0, I find you are often a voice of reason even in your opposition. I have appreciated that quite often. I would really like to know who it is that EA thinks are snufferites who have changed their names. I plainly said I got a new one when I rejoined, and I'm curious. But, I could go to one of the groups or forums and ask them if any of them are still on LDSFF under a different name. I'm sure they'd be willing to say. And that is the point where I realize my curiosity is not strong enough to do that much work to satisfy it. Perhaps EA feels the same way. He thinks he knows who these people are, but it isn't worth it to him to look them up and see how many (and who) he really suspects ("knows") are snufferites, then post it in this thread. I went to a JR thread that was 3 pages long and began copying names. None of them were snufferites and I lost interest because I suspected my motive was to prove I'm right, which I believe is contention on my part.

There are "snufferite" conversations going like mad in several places online. There are also many levels of snufferites. I expect that, over time, more and more will fall off and go their own ways. I have not. I don't expect to. My belief in this movement is based on what the Lord has told me, not on DS.