Are there still "Snufferites" here?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Are there still "Snufferites" here?

Post by AI2.0 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 18th, 2017, 7:19 pm
AI2.0 wrote: May 17th, 2017, 10:07 am If you mean, they don't loudly proclaim they are attendees of Snuffer communities or they got rebaptised per Snuffer's revised ordinance, or they give a donation at Snuffer fellowship meetings rather than paying tithing, and now they use wine in their Sacrament services, yes, you are right, they don't broadcast these things on the forum, because it's no longer a 'safe' place to do so. Snufferism was welcomed on the forum at one time and it isn't now.

They are still here, I recognize a lot of their names, many have not changed them. I also remember when they were more vocal about their support of him, but if they aren't overtly pushing their religious views and/or breaking forum rules, I don't have a problem with it. Also, some have left the snuffer group, I've seen posts where people have admitted it.

They have their own forum where they are able to talk Snuffer all they want and I think a lot of them went there. I think some who remain and interact more on this forum are maybe more likely to be 'fence sitters'--maybe they have some sympathies for Snufferism, but aren't fully committed to be 'all in' with Denver Snuffer and the Remnant community.
AI2.0, I find you are often a voice of reason even in your opposition. I have appreciated that quite often. I would really like to know who it is that EA thinks are snufferites who have changed their names. I plainly said I got a new one when I rejoined, and I'm curious. But, I could go to one of the groups or forums and ask them if any of them are still on LDSFF under a different name. I'm sure they'd be willing to say. And that is the point where I realize my curiosity is not strong enough to do that much work to satisfy it. Perhaps EA feels the same way. He thinks he knows who these people are, but it isn't worth it to him to look them up and see how many (and who) he really suspects ("knows") are snufferites, then post it in this thread. I went to a JR thread that was 3 pages long and began copying names. None of them were snufferites and I lost interest because I suspected my motive was to prove I'm right, which I believe is contention on my part.

There are "snufferite" conversations going like mad in several places online. There are also many levels of snufferites. I expect that, over time, more and more will fall off and go their own ways. I have not. I don't expect to. My belief in this movement is based on what the Lord has told me, not on DS.
I'm pretty active on the Julie Rowe threads and to be honest, I can't think of a poster who I know is also a Snuffer sympathizer and a Rowe critic. I think EbenezerA just mispoke. He might have used another example...

I also couldn't tell you who is a Snuffer person who now has a different name, maybe EA will enlighten us....though I am aware of a couple of Snuffer people who have sockpuppets on the forum. But, I don't know of anyone who actively tries to promote snuffer--the couple times we've had them, they were shut down pretty quick. I commented initially on this thread only to reassure Seer stone that conditions were different now, mostly because Brian made the forum 'less hospitable' to those who wanted to use the forum to promote Denver Snuffer and his teachings.

Anyway, the forum is open to all--that means active LDS, ex LDS, and even Snuffer followers. But, we all have to abide the forum guidelines in our interactions and posts.
And Silver Pie, aka A Random Phrase, I'm glad you came back. I always enjoyed your participation here. :)