"The 'NEW AND IMPROVED' Thank Button"

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
inho
captain of 1,000

Re: The Thank Button

Post by inho »

David13 wrote: March 27th, 2017, 6:21 pm
Meili wrote: March 27th, 2017, 4:46 pm
Silver Pie wrote: March 27th, 2017, 4:18 pm
Meili wrote: March 26th, 2017, 2:14 pm Now you get notifications for every time someone thanks you and when they remove the thank as well. :D Be careful hitting that button!
I disabled both of those as soon as I signed up.
Disabled what? Notifications? You can do that?

Well, it depends on your definition of notification. If you mean email notification, yes, you can stop that. I did.
However, at the top of the page it says 'notification' and a number appears beside it when someone thanks or quotes you. I don't think you can turn that off. I wouldn't want to. I take a look at that to see if it's anything I want to see before I go anywhere else here.
dc
It seems that you can turn those notifications off too. However, I do not completely understand the options there. At least I have three columns of check boxes there: notifications, email and notifications. What is the difference between the first and last notifications? Now I have the first column checked and I do get those notifications at the top of the page. What happens if I check the boxes in the third column too?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: The Thank Button

Post by Silver Pie »

Silver Pie wrote: March 27th, 2017, 5:17 pm
Meili wrote: March 27th, 2017, 4:46 pm Disabled what? Notifications? You can do that?
Yes. Go to user control panel, then to manage notifications on the side panel. It will take you to where you can change your notifications.
Well, doing that brought me to the right page as I was doing it to see exactly what I had done while I was posting the message above, but this morning, all that did was bring up my notifications, so maybe I had a brain glitch? So, today, what brought me to the right page was this: Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Notifications Options tab.