LDSFF is back up and running again..

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
nvr
captain of 1,000

Re: LDSFF is back up and running again..

Post by nvr »

For anyone having issues on chrome browser: hit F12, then right click the reload button and choose "empty cache and hard reload". Problem is your browser is trying to save loading time by displaying the same content from Saturday / or whenver the server was down. Empty cache should fix it.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Still seeing "Error" on many different log in sites, especially the ldsff normal log in site.

Hope it is able to be figured out and fixed and understood why it happens so often.

Had to go to old postings on the internet a few times off google search of ldsff old postings and click on them to get to this site.

Again hope it can be fixed.

:)

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

No, I do not believe it is on the users computer.
It is server overload. The servers the website has have become inadequate for the amount of traffic now on the website.
I got the sql error message several more times this week.
And over the last few months I have regularly got a message when I hit Latest Posts, which says, Sorry, you cannot use search function at this time.
The server has too much traffic.
Server overload is what the issue is.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

nvr wrote:For anyone having issues on chrome browser: hit F12, then right click the reload button and choose "empty cache and hard reload". Problem is your browser is trying to save loading time by displaying the same content from Saturday / or whenver the server was down. Empty cache should fix it.

I disagree.
dc

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

AGAIN:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) [2002]

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

AGAIN:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Same for me this a.m. Elizabeth.
dc

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Does this have any connection to the problem?
How to fix (Error 2002)

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=C ... mp=yhs-002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Well, no, first because I can't understand any of that.
Second, I never did any of that, yet later it starts working again.
So ...
I am concluding it's not on my end. If it were, why would others experience the same thing.

Also, what accounting do you have for the "Can't Use Search Now, Server Too Busy" message? Is that related? What's your fix for that? My computer again? How could something wrong with my computer cause Elizabeth's to do off?
dc

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

The problem is on the server end (freedom forum's web server).
Sometimes the entire site is down for maintenance. Other times it looks like there's also a steam valve for the search / 'latest post' feature to disable these when there's too much traffic.
At those times there's nothing anyone can do from the user side.

When the site comes back after being offline, and if you had tried visiting while offline, your browsers will have cached the error page in memory, and it will look like the site is still down (chrome at least does this). My earlier post about doing a hard reload was for that scenario - it would simply force your computer to go out and get the page contents again, once it's actually back online.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Sorry about all the recent troubles. The hosting provider has scheduled maintenance on this specific server but it won't be for another 2 weeks. I'll see if there's anything else I can do in the meantime to keep it running better.