Approaching the Heavenly Gift

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Karenmarie
Hi, I'm new.

Approaching the Heavenly Gift

Post by Karenmarie »

How do I join this group? I'm new to the LDS Freedom Forum and joined especially to find others who have read Passing the Heavenly Gift.

I have struggled with many things going on with today's LDS church. It has been an enormous, heart-breaking faith crisis concerning the church. It has hurt my husband terribly to have his wife find so many holes and constantly ask, "Where is Christ?" and see that He is rarely spoken of--but worldliness and attainment of wealth and praise of men is. And I have had miracles and guidance continue. The constant support and love from the Lord and the attendance of the Holy Ghost...despite my faultfinding of the brethren's actions and words. Confusing for my beautiful, good, faithful husband. And our children. I bought Passing the Heavenly Gift when it first came out, only because I heard that Denver Snuffer's membership was being threatened because of it. I'm naughty that way. ;) I never opened its pages.

However, as I have sought again and again peace concerning the church, I have be inspired to read it. Over and over it has come to my mind, but I have no obeyed because I didn't want to move farther from the church. Finally, a few days ago, I heeded the prompting and pulled it from the bookshelf. I've been praying and reading Passing the Heavenly Gift since. I thought it must be anti for the church to respond so unfavorably about it. I thought it would hurt my faith. Rather it is the complete opposite. I find tears rolling down my face and a softening. I am regaining a testimony of the restoration from a man who has been excommunicated from the current church. Who is holding meetings and has "Snufferites" following him, even as he asks them to stop. I hear people calling him a prophet. Even as I don't feel the Spirit testify of my prophet, the president of my church. I am barely beginning to read. I'm only on page 133, but I need help. I need support. Please help me find those of you who understand. Thank you.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Approaching the Heavenly Gift

Post by marc »

You need to request access. You can do so from the main forum. A moderator will then grant you access.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Hi Karenmarie. Many of us can relate. I would recommend extreme patience with your husband and a lot of prayer.

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

Go to the home page: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/

Scroll down to where you see "Approaching The Heavenly Gift"
Under that title you will see in small letters a link, "Request access: click here"
Click on that link, fill out the subsequent information on the page that comes up.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Karenmarie wrote:How do I join this group? I'm new to the LDS Freedom Forum and joined especially to find others who have read Passing the Heavenly Gift.

I have struggled with many things going on with today's LDS church. It has been an enormous, heart-breaking faith crisis concerning the church. It has hurt my husband terribly to have his wife find so many holes and constantly ask, "Where is Christ?" and see that He is rarely spoken of--but worldliness and attainment of wealth and praise of men is. And I have had miracles and guidance continue. The constant support and love from the Lord and the attendance of the Holy Ghost...despite my faultfinding of the brethren's actions and words. Confusing for my beautiful, good, faithful husband. And our children. I bought Passing the Heavenly Gift when it first came out, only because I heard that Denver Snuffer's membership was being threatened because of it. I'm naughty that way. ;) I never opened its pages.

However, as I have sought again and again peace concerning the church, I have be inspired to read it. Over and over it has come to my mind, but I have no obeyed because I didn't want to move farther from the church. Finally, a few days ago, I heeded the prompting and pulled it from the bookshelf. I've been praying and reading Passing the Heavenly Gift since. I thought it must be anti for the church to respond so unfavorably about it. I thought it would hurt my faith. Rather it is the complete opposite. I find tears rolling down my face and a softening. I am regaining a testimony of the restoration from a man who has been excommunicated from the current church. Who is holding meetings and has "Snufferites" following him, even as he asks them to stop. I hear people calling him a prophet. Even as I don't feel the Spirit testify of my prophet, the president of my church. I am barely beginning to read. I'm only on page 133, but I need help. I need support. Please help me find those of you who understand. Thank you.
I added you karenmarie. Please familiarize yourself with the rules for the HG area (link below), as they are different from this area of the forum. :)

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

sen6b wrote:You have to have a beard.
Yes. Mine is coming in very nicely now that cold weather is upon us.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

8-|