Employment networking?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Melissa
captain of 1,000

Employment networking?

Post by Melissa »

We know that networking is one of the most effective ways to gain employment. Maybe we could start a section for networking and helping those who need it to find decent employment? This could also go along with building up the kingdom and keeping resources within our membership to take care of our own. I know the church has a job service but this would allow for a bit more personal networking within the church members. What do you think of this idea?

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Employment networking?

Post by mes5464 »

I think it would be a great idea. We also have a barter thread. Our only problem is we are so spread out.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

This is interesting. Our company might need good people for work in a year or so. (Our needs are met for our current project) If it came to that I would be happy to post in a section on this forum. :)

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

Sheol27 wrote:This is interesting. Our company might need good people for work in a year or so. (Our needs are met for our current project) If it came to that I would be happy to post in a section on this forum. :)
This would be great. I take it you are in some form of engineering or construction?

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

mes5464 wrote:I think it would be a great idea. We also have a barter thread. Our only problem is we are so spread out.

People are spread out but those who are looking for a good job or career change would be willing to move, i believe. People seem to be moving quite a bit these days.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

When our company hires we generally pay for people's housing as well......

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

What does your company do?

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

We build apartment complexes for the most part. We usually are in an area for a couple of years or so.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

So families can be there too? Do you work all over or mainly western states or something? Sounds like an interesting job.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

It is interesting for sure. Yes, generally we have been building in the Western United States. For supervisors or their assistants we have provided housing for their families. One time we provided it for a laborer and his family. I do like to recruit and get good workers that are dependable. I believe a worker should go the extra mile for his employer and the employer should go the extra mile for their workers.

I do like my job. It's different all the time. Sometimes we have bad days where we are doing menial tasks like picking up trash, other we are in equipment and it's like we are in a video game, other days we are walking through buildings measuring and checking stuff, etc. I could go on and on. Tons of different stuff. When you build a project with a team you get to know lots of people because you see a lot of the same contractors over and over through out the years.

I miss being around my extended family in Utah but I stay out of a lot of drama though. :))

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

I might just have to start a thread next time I need help.