Need help up loading a avatar

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Tony63
captain of 100

Need help up loading a avatar

Post by Tony63 »

Hello there, Is there any one who can help me upload my avatar image I'm having trouble doing it, I'm a little bit slow on the computer. Thanks Tony.

drjme
captain of 1,000

Re: Need help up loading a avatar

Post by drjme »

Hey tony what's the error

Tony63
captain of 100

Post by Tony63 »

drjme wrote:Hey tony what's the error
thanks for the reply drjme, My problem is that I up load an image from my computer And it tells me that its too big all my images seem to be too big. So i'm wodering how do I trim the image down. if you can help me I be greatful :ymparty: :ymparty:

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

Photo editing. Look for something called re-size, image size, adjust size, or something like that. You will be able to enter the dimensions you want it to be under custom. The image for here can be no bigger than 150 pixels Wide and 200 pixels high. I have a mac and I was able to easily adjust my photo under "preview" then "tools" then "adjust size", then "custom". Good luck

drjme
captain of 1,000

Post by drjme »

Yep like Melissa said. If you have windows just open with windows picture manager ( I think it's called that) and choose edit picture>resize by pixel>type in pixel dimensions as Melissa said> save a copy , and then upload the copy as avatar.

Tony63
captain of 100

Post by Tony63 »

Thanks to both of you I'll give it a go ta :)

Tony63
captain of 100

Post by Tony63 »

thanks to everyone for your help.

Green Rose
captain of 50

Post by Green Rose »

I realize this is thread is a year old, but thought I'd share how I was able to upload my avatar for any future wonderers like me. I used picmonkey.com to crop an image I had saved to my computer. There were different avatar sizing options to choose from with the cropping feature. So it was easy-peasy, nice n' cheesey. Just pick the size you want, resave to your computer and voila! It was all free, and if it's free it's for me. Well, sorta...I'm not always that easy going. :)