hyperlinks

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

hyperlinks

Post by freedomforall »

Okay, I'm a slow learner. Please explain in detail the procedure in how a part of a sentence can be turned into a hyperlink. Example, say I want to list a scripture like Proverbs 3:5,6...how would I make it so someone can click on the verse and be redirected to that very scripture? Then afterward they can continue on with the rest of the paragraph.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: hyperlinks

Post by A Random Phrase »

bump

I'd like to know this, too.

I suppose one way to find out would be to click on "quote" on a comment that had this, and look at the format of the quote and write it down for future reference.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Was this a tough question to answer? Or is it an ancient Chinese secret?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

What you do is click the URL link tab, which produces the following code:

Next you type in the actualy url like so:

{url=http://blahblahblah.com]Provers 1:234[/url]

tadaa!

P.S. I used a { instead of a [ in front just to illustrate. Otherwise you'd see the actual hyperlink instead of the example

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Is this the method in how I can turn these words, Proverbs 3:5,6, into the actual verse?
Example, say I write a sentence like this:

When one goes to the scriptures for spiritual directions, a good scripture I use is Proverbs 3:5,6 that really works for me.

What I want is for someone to click on the reference and have it take them to the actual scripture instead of having a lengthy url name.

I don't remember who it is, but one of the posters was able to hyperlink words in his sentences so that the sentences continued to flow normally. No url's were visible. The hyperlinked words were in a different color to show they were hyperlinked.

So it would look like this:

When one goes to the scriptures for spiritual directions, a good scripture I use is Proverbs 3:5,6 that really works for me.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Yes. This is what a post looks like when referring to Proverbs 1:24 in your reply. Give it a try.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

proverbs 3:5,6

Now I get it! Thanks for your help and patience.