User Name changes

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
AshleyB
captain of 1,000

User Name changes

Post by AshleyB »

I have been contemplating using my own name for my user name for a while now and Iv'e decided to do it. I stand by my posts and anything I write on this forum would be the same as I am in person. So id like to change my user name to Ashley B. I don't want to put my last though just to protect myself from possible wierdos. lol Only I don't see any options to change it. Could you help Brian, Jules, or Brent? Thanks. :)

AshleyB
captain of 1,000

Re: User Name changes

Post by AshleyB »

Thank you. :ymhug: ps: I read your post to All. Sorry your job has been more difficult lately! I sure am glad you are here though.

liberty_belle
captain of 100

Post by liberty_belle »

AshleyB--LOL I totally understand what you are saying. I also stand by my posts however, I have had weirdos actually stalk me. Once I had a person tell me that if they knew who I was, they would kill me. WOW, I vowed never to use my name for my own protection. Since this site is open for the public to view, I have to be way more careful then I would otherwise.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

AshleyB wrote:I have been contemplating using my own name for my user name for a while now and Iv'e decided to do it. I stand by my posts and anything I write on this forum would be the same as I am in person. So id like to change my user name to Ashley B. I don't want to put my last though just to protect myself from possible wierdos. lol ...)
I appreciate this Ashley B. and wish that all posting would do this and drop the "MASKS".
Using our real names would let us get to know each other on a name-basis and lead to greater accountability in posts, IMO. If a person wishes to withhold his first name (or last), seems reasonable. I suggest this be a requirement for posting on the forum, for registering -- use of a real name (either first or last or both). Would also cut down on nonsense and noise IMO, as the masks drop away.

My handle is DrJones -- Dr. Steven E. Jones that is (early-retired in 2007 from BYU).

Thanks again, Ashley,
Steve

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Haha. I choose to not stand by my posts so my bishop can't read them. ;) I've outed myself already, so for those that know me, :-$

AshleyB
captain of 1,000

Post by AshleyB »

Yeah sometimes the fake names can cause issues. I like to think that most people are pretty much themselves and honest. There are a few people on here who are also facebook friends with me as well and I don't mind my complete identity being known. I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. However, there are some crazies out there and for that reason I would prefer to not have every single random person that comes on this forum knowing my complete identity.

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

Ashley your are awesome but "some crazies" are in here too. Just talk to gdemetz about Brigham Young :D

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

AshleyB wrote:Yeah sometimes the fake names can cause issues. I like to think that most people are pretty much themselves and honest. There are a few people on here who are also facebook friends with me as well and I don't mind my complete identity being known. I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. However, there are some crazies out there and for that reason I would prefer to not have every single random person that comes on this forum knowing my complete identity.
LOL And here, I thought someone new had come on the site and copied your avatar.

There are crazies out there all right, and most of what is posted here is available for every nutcase in the world who wants to view it. In light of some of the vicious verbal attacks I have seen on this site since I began reading it (before I became a member), I would personally rather be safe.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

I'm keeping my secret identity.