Mobile Phone Format?

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Mobile Phone Format?

Post by iamse7en »

Brian,

Many times I check the site on my phone, or even make long, ranting posts from my phone. I know other forums have the capability of having a mobile-formatted version? This would be great, if possible.

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Re: Mobile Phone Format?

Post by iamse7en »

Holy smokes, I need to go to bed. And repent. "...retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated." Work should be fun tomorrow.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

iamse7en wrote:Brian,

Many times I check the site on my phone, or even make long, ranting posts from my phone. I know other forums have the capability of having a mobile-formatted version? This would be great, if possible.
Actually, I am planning on a mobile-ready design. I'll be sure to let you know when it's ready for testing. What kind of phone are you using? (I'll be testing on my android)

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

iPhone. Looking forward to it! Thank you!

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

Brian. I see you are playing around with the forum's mobile version. I'm probably commenting prematurely, because you'll probably add these things anyways, but wanted to make sure you added 3 more things than is currently available:

1) A quick button//link to "View your posts" on the front page of the mobile site. It'd be nice if the View your posts personal link that I have would automatically go to the mobile version of itself. E.g. My main LDSFF bookmark is "View your posts" link, and when I go to it on my phone, it doesn't work. And when I log into LDSFF on my phone, there is no link to "View your posts"

2) Same thing with "Latest posts." Nice to see that link on the front page of the mobile site. Access that one frequently as well.

3) An option at the bottom to see "Full site" or "Desktop view" to view the site in its full, regular format. There may be cases where we may want to do that. If that stores it as a cookie, then an option on the regular view for "Mobile" to go back to mobile formatted view.

Thanks for working on this! I access LDSFF on my phone quite a bit (makes for good reading material on the go), so this will be of great use to me.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Ya I was just testing that mobile format... I plan on going back to how it was, and eventually formatting it better for mobile. For now you can click the disable link at the bottom if you don't want the mobile format.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

accidentally clicked disable mobile. how do i get it back Brian?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DELL streak type android

Doesn't show latest posts like on pc?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

To go back to the mobile format you would need to delete the cache or cookies on your mobile browser.