election results

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
prew
captain of 100

election results

Post by prew »

US Rep District 3

Yes, Jim Noorlander (CON) got 6.09% of the votes.
Correct me if the following thought is wrong.
I thought Utah law says that a political party stays on the ballot if they get 3% or higher for a Federal candidate.

That means that the Constitution Party is still an official party of Utah and stays on the future ballots, without having to go through the process of getting signatures and other things to get on the ballot.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Re: election results

Post by truthseeds »

prew wrote:US Rep District 3

Yes, Jim Noorlander (CON) got 6.09% of the votes.
Correct me if the following thought is wrong.
I thought Utah law says that a political party stays on the ballot if they get 3% or higher for a Federal candidate.

That means that the Constitution Party is still an official party of Utah and stays on the future ballots, without having to go through the process of getting signatures and other things to get on the ballot.
That's how I understand it and too prew and I heard Jim Noorlander say that on KTalk radio also. I think he received the highest % of any third party candidate. He received my vote.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I met Jim Noorlander 2 years ago when we were living temporarily in SLC. 6.09% of the vote is a pretty shameful showing for a district with so many voters who are under commandment (D&C 98:6) to befriend the US Constitution. I wonder what % of those who voted have current TRs.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

Here is a wild but unlikely guess .....6.09% have Temple recommends.