Ron Paul Endorses Constitution Party Candidate Chuck Baldwin

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
John Adams
captain of 1,000

Ron Paul Endorses Constitution Party Candidate Chuck Baldwin

Post by John Adams »

Hi all,

I haven't been around for a while (just moved from SE Idaho to SW Idaho), but I'm still doing what I can (I now am closer to the Idaho State Constitution Party Chairman--not the purpose for my move, but a nice side benefit). Anyway, I don't know if this has been posted or not, but let's start talking about it if it hasn't.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=582
I’ve thought about the unsolicited advice from the Libertarian Party candidate, and he has convinced me to reject my neutral stance in the November election. I’m supporting Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party candidate.
Read the full article at the link above, the quote included is his concluding paragraph.

P.S. Things are crazy in the world, but day by day I see small miracles where people are being put in the places they need to be as the "second chance" gets closer and closer.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Re: Ron Paul Endorses Constitution Party Candidate Chuck Baldwin

Post by truthseeds »

Welcome back John Adams and that is great news you share. I have been on the fence between Baldwin and writing-in Ron Paul. But this endorsement does it for me, I'm voting for Baldwin and I will support his campaign, just as I support the campaign for Liberty.

Barr destroyed his campaign by not showing up to that press conference, in addition to others bad moves. Way to go Ron Paul and In your face Bob Barr!

The Constitution Party will get more votes this year than ever before.

Time to donate!

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

Yes Welcome back. I havent been around much anymore either. I see more awakening all the time though.
I hope I get find a local group of like minded lovers loyal to principled freedom.

tick
captain of 100

Post by tick »

Yea, I was certainly leaning this way. It is great to have the endorsement from Ron Paul - It solidifies my decision to vote for Chuck Baldwin.

Lets see if we can get him some funds - https://secure.giftwrapplus.org/b08/eu/contribute/!

joseph
captain of 100

Post by joseph »

I met Chuck Baldwin a few months ago. I plan to vote for him too. I do not like many of the planks in the Libertarian platform. Not really a Bob Barr fan.

My respect for Ron Paul his grown over the last few months. So, his endorsement of Chuck Baldwin confirms my choice. It is interesting that Glenn Beck has done a turn-around on Ron Paul...now treating Dr. Paul with more respect. I wish that he would do the same for Chuck Baldwin.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

joseph wrote:I met Chuck Baldwin a few months ago. I plan to vote for him too. I do not like many of the planks in the Libertarian platform. Not really a Bob Barr fan.

My respect for Ron Paul his grown over the last few months. So, his endorsement of Chuck Baldwin confirms my choice. It is interesting that Glenn Beck has done a turn-around on Ron Paul...now treating Dr. Paul with more respect. I wish that he would do the same for Chuck Baldwin.

Glens support comes a little late but its good to see the lights turning on in him in regards to Ron Paul and the monetary fraud.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

Chuck Baldwin Speech at JBS 50th Anniversary - Ron Paul Keynote Address at JBS 50th Anniversary

http://www.jbs.org/index.php/about/jbs-50th-anniversary

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

I realize I'm on a thread of Baldwin cheerleaders but to set the record straight...

Bob Barr warned the RP leaders that he wouldn't show up IF RP was going to say "support any 3rd party candidate." Rp, however, made that decision at the last minute so Barr didn't have much time to set up his alternative Press Conference where he offerd Ron Paul the VP position. RP was nowe one step away from the Presidency!!!!

I think it was a very stupid decision, ending up diluting the protest vote. Barr was right in denouncing that decision. I'm proud of him for having the guts to do it knowing the likely reaction by RP.

As to the Baldwin endorsemnt, that is a fact... no dispute. I believe, however, that that decision was partially the result of misplaced ego on RP's part when Barr snubbed the meeting and openly disagreed with RP's stand. I consider it VERY petty of RP when so much is at stake.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

His behavior and the information that I have both from Barr's manager and from the Ron Paul campaign made me say no to Barr and I jumped to support Chuck baldwin.

It made me question his true character and if he had truly repented. And with a temper like that.. never mind supporting him.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Proud, we all must do what we believe is right. Just please don't set Ron Paul up on too high a petestal.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

It has nothing to do with Ron Paul, I am talking about Bob Barr.

I know Debbie Hopper and others that were there personally. And not only did they discuss what happened, Bob Barr's campaign manager admitted that it was true.

You only have Barr as your choice where you are, and it is great that you are voting for him rather then McCain or Obama. And voting for both Baldwin and Barr will help open the doors for more ballot access so that there will not have to be such annoying hoops to jump through to get ballot access like you have already seen the difficulty of this election.

You are doing what you need to do where you are.

I am just saying that there are some character issues I have with Barr. At least he signed the agreement on the four things they all could agree on needing to be changed.

If you re-watch the press conference, Ron Paul clearly thinks Barr will be there any moment and mentions it there is even a seat there open for him. There was hardly any notice given, and not only that, he then went on to badger Paul when he held is own press conference, that is why Adam Kokesh said to Barr right then and there he was reneging his endorsement of him.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Proud, Ron Paul badly reniged on his supporters. Barr's reniging on showing up is dwarfed in comparison. RP promised to take his campaign right to the GOP National Convention. He spent much time and money getting supporters to run as delegates then left them high and dry. This is NOT an honorable thing to do.

I'm sorry but I found many of the RP paid employees less than competant and not dependable communication wise. IMO, Debbie Hopper was one of them.

FACT: over $34 million was donated and Paul never even got a consistent double digit vote count. Very little was spent on media buys and a lot on salaries and other overhead. I downloaded the financial reports and carefully audited them. FWIW, I spent four years in the USAF as an auditor so I know how to do that.

FACT: Barr offered Ron Paul the VP slot which was refused out of hand. There is bad judgement and pettiness on both sides.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Now I know you are just stating stuff without research. And this time, I am not going to bring it to you. Go research everything you just said, and then let me know the evidence you have on it.

a-train
captain of 100

Post by a-train »

I think Ron Paul's endorsement of Baldwin was really to bring a new livelihood to the debates outside the realm of the two main parties. His announcement was to get people listening to debate from different parties. Most American's don't even know there is a Constitution Party.

-a-train

I'm voting Bob Barr.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

a-train wrote:Most American's don't even know there is a Constitution Party.
Jim Noorlander, CP candidate for Congress and whom I'll vote for, said that the Constitution Party was the third largest party and vote-getter in the nation. Seems like it is well known.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Proud, you assume I haven't done my research? How presumptious of you. Everything I said is accurate. Tell me where I'm wrong!!!

FACT: Numbers of members don't mean a darn thing IF they don't give serious time and money. I hear a great deal of talk from CP members but little real walk. What dedication??? (NOT)

Notice how much has been collected to buy media time so Baldwin becomes known. Compare that to the FACT that BARR is now running National Radio ads and running some TV ads.

FACT: There is little or NO coverage of Baldwin on the MSM whereas Barr is getting more and more coverage. MSM has now assigned reporters to follow his Campaign in NH and lesewhere.

Oh, I know that's because BARR is a NeoCon mole. Right???

CP people wake up and smell reality. The CP couldn't even gather 500 signatures in NC to get a write-in campaign. I volunteered to help at a Winston-Salem gun show where 1000s attend but I was not needed????

I know anything I say will convince those who vote for Baldwin because RP endorsed him. IF that endorsement was so important, why isn't it resulting in major money bombs and coverage in the MSM? Lastly, no question that Baldwin is a good man.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I have to agree with Cap on this whole sorted affair. Barr is the only 3rd party candidate who even has the potential to be elected President. Baldwin and the rest of these 3rd party optional candidates do not have any chance of winning this election. They are just acting as a protest vote and will actually help the major parties but they are not even smart enough to see that they are splitting up what little chance they do have to compete against the 2 major parties. Do these people really want to win an election or do they just want to divide the protest votes among themselves so the mainstream candidates can conquer. What a sad state the alternative is. The 3rd party option needs to get their crap together or they will just continue to be a meaningless asterick in this whole election process.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

Barr doesn't have a chance either, so that is a mute point. It's not like we can all simply agree and back one particular 3rd party candidate. The process is what's broken here, not the 3rd party candidates or the voters. I imagine Baldwin will get more votes than Barr...in fact, if I were a betting man...
According to a new Gallup Poll, any hope that 2008 would be a break-out election for third-party candidates appears to have fallen away:

PRINCETON, NJ — A recent Gallup Poll in which four third-party candidates were explicitly listed for voters along with the two major-party candidates found only minimal support for any candidate other than John McCain or Barack Obama.

Ralph Nader (independent candidate) received 2% of voter choices, Bob Barr (Libertarian Party) and Cynthia McKinney (Green Party) 1%, and Chuck Baldwin (Constitution Party) received less than 1%. The two major-party candidates, Obama and McCain, combined to receive 90% of registered voters’ choices.

The percentage of voters choosing Nader has declined from 4% in a similar poll a month ago. Gallup’s usual presidential ballot in which third-party candidates are not read, but in which respondents are given the choice of naming any candidate they choose, finds about 1% who mention candidates other than McCain and Obama.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Most polls are used to deceive the people and justify the voter fraud that is occuring. I'm NOT saying that Barr can win at this point but whewn his name is included in the polls, heis getting a steady 6% and over 10% in some states. When the poll says just other, then we see the results of about 8-10% for all 3rd Party candidates.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

truthseeds wrote:
a-train wrote:Most American's don't even know there is a Constitution Party.
Jim Noorlander, CP candidate for Congress and whom I'll vote for, said that the Constitution Party was the third largest party and vote-getter in the nation. Seems like it is well known.
I did not know that their was Constitution Party until 7 months ago and whenever I bring it up to friends and family they act like it is the first time they are even aware of the fact.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

ldsff, that's because the CP members by in large are big talkers and don't walk the walk. Proof is that they've been around for more than 10 years (old Taxpayer's Party). Couldn't even gather 500 signatures to have Baldwin be a legal write-in in NC. That says it ALL.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

Captain Moroni wrote:ldsff, that's because the CP members by in large are big talkers and don't walk the walk. Proof is that they've been around for more than 10 years (old Taxpayer's Party). Couldn't even gather 500 signatures to have Baldwin be a legal write-in in NC. That says it ALL.
Yeah I understand your point. In Arizona he is a write in also. I voted a couple of weeks ago and I wrote him in. I do not vote as a protest I just look at the person's views and vote. I do not understand the whole process about getting on the ballot. There is a lot of "inside baseball" I do not really care to understand. I will just keep voting as my conscience direct.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

It is not about winning, this is not football. It is about principles, and standing on them. It is about seeking for wise and honest men to elect, and that is it.

Second, not only did Ron Paul take us to the convention, He held us own rally, and created a long term campaign for liberty that can have great effect long term.

And just because I am aware of character flaws that I do not appreciate in a man that is running for president, it does not mean that I am attacking you just because you are advocating to vote for him.

You are not going to get very far with communicating with me, when you attack the character of the only man that has a 100% constitutional scorecard in all of congress and for the last 30 years. If you want to attack him and the way he has done things you are free to, but I am not about to believe that he has done things as you say.

As I said, I have worked with the campaign for awhile, and yes there were a couple bad apples, and they are gone. But that is not Ron Paul's fault. It is not like he could foresee that so many people would awaken to his message and get on board. I mean come on, his message has been the same for 30 years. I think that he did well considering the size of the wave, and the fact that he feels that THE LEADER is someone else.

I was a Barr supporter. I was not going to vote for anyone that is CP because of my fear of their religious fascism that I see at times. However, after witnessing his behavior, I could not in good conscience support it, especially with his record being as it is. If he had a stellar record too, then maybe I would say he is justified.

Now, I am going to consider this discussion ended. I am not going to argue with my brother about something I know we will not see eye to eye on. I will agree to disagree.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Proud, I'm not trying to convert you :?: :?: :?:, although I admit it would be nice if "you saw the light." 8) 8)

My principal role is to present the FACTS as I know them.

FACT: Ron Paul promised us publicly many times that he would take his delegates to the GOP Convention.

FACT on his webpage's FRONT PAGE, he keep track of the # of Paulites running in GOP County elections. Many e-mails were sent out asking everyone to become a National delegate.

FACT: He didn't take the 70+ delegates to the Convention but called a seperate neo- Convention which got very little MSM coverage.

FACT: if RP's delegates had been allowed to do what RP himself proposed, you can bet there would have been MAJOR MSM coverage of the Liberty movement.

FACT: the establishment GOP would have been burning mad at RP. They MAY have tried to kick him out of the Party right before the world's eyes.

So... just as Sgt. Friday used to say "just the fACTS and nothing else BUT the facts."

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

FACT: Ron Paul promised us publicly many times that he would take his delegates to the GOP Convention.

FACT on his webpage's FRONT PAGE, he keep track of the # of Paulites running in GOP County elections. Many e-mails were sent out asking everyone to become a National delegate.

FACT: He didn't take the 70+ delegates to the Convention but called a seperate neo- Convention which got very little MSM coverage.

FACT: if RP's delegates had been allowed to do what RP himself proposed, you can bet there would have been MAJOR MSM coverage of the Liberty movement.

FACT: the establishment GOP would have been burning mad at RP. They MAY have tried to kick him out of the Party right before the world's eyes.
In other words he did a lot of talking but didn't walk the walk. He wants to keep his job.