LDS Church encouraging vote for parties aligned with gospel

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Stumpjumper
captain of 100

Re: LDS Church encouraging vote for parties aligned with gospel

Post by Stumpjumper »

ChelC wrote:
Which candidates have evidenced the most compliance with the gospel?
That can be a pretty loaded question. In a society that has become so focused on feelings and not judging, it's a tough pill to swallow, too. We know how the Lord felt about charity, so that might be a good place to start looking. By charity I'm not talking about financial contributions either, but those mentioned in the gospels... patient, kind, long suffering, etc.

Even Ron Paul who I think demonstrates long suffering has become a bit snarky lately - and for good reason, IMO.

My point is that it's pretty subjective, but I wish people would stop propping up political party as some sort of god. Vote on principle, instead of strategy. You simply cannot strategize your way out of the judgements of a just God.
Sir Ron Paul is aligned with the Republican party for one reason. He panders to get votes. I can't believe how many sheepeople on this forum Worship him like he is smarter and more knowledgeable than a General Authority. Does Ron Paul attend any church on a monthly or weekly basis? Does he contribute more than 10% of his increase every year? Does he contribute to charity at all? This does matter. When millions of worthy LDS contribute more than most kind, courteous, cheerful, thrifty politicos. What does Ron Paul think about Mormons? You really think that Sir Ron Paul is a more spiritual man than Mitt Romney? Have any of you actually met Romney or Paul in person? Its sad people continue to trash Mitt Romney on an LDS forum. Where is all the banter and persuasion about how great a person Harry Reid is?

Before Romney bowed graciously out of the 2008 race, How come his Faith was such a big issue? Why is not Nobama, Paul and McCain not questioned about their beliefs or faith?

a-train
captain of 100

Post by a-train »

Ron Paul actually defended Mitt's position as a Mormon. He expressed his unhappiness with the way Mitt was treated for his Mormonism. Mitt DID defend water-boarding torture, Guantanamo Bay, an executive order to war without Congressional appoval, and stronger militarism and nation building in the middle-east. Paul graciously defended his opposing views to these unconstitutional positions. While my hopes were high for Romney, I was well impressed with Paul who has now defended the positions have I espoused for decades.

Now on the subject of the restoration and the Gospel, I would not expect Mr. Paul to be as informed as Mr. Romney, but conversely Mr. Paul IS more informed than Mr. Romney with respect to Congressional issues, foreign policy, monetary policy, and a host of issues that should be attended by any U.S. President.

-a-train
Last edited by a-train on September 26th, 2008, 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

And I noted in one of the so-called debates when Mitt Romney said in effect that indeciding on going to war with Iran the president gets together with his lawyers and they tell him what he has to do. It was Ron Paul who spoke up, probably out of turn, and told Romney that was wrong, that you read the Constitution and it tells you that it is the responsibility of the Congress to declare war.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

lundbaek wrote:Recently, a few LDSs have expressed to me concern about how to decide whom to vote for. Here's what I tell them in just about these words:

I start with D&C 134:1, which tells us that God holds men accountable for their acts in relation to government, both in making laws and administering them. That verse alone should advise us that God definitely has an interest in our shaping of and administration of government. And therefore it would be wise for Latter-day Saints to determine, as best we can, just how the Lord would have us shape and administer government, and ultimately how we should decide whom to vote for.

Then I bring up D&C 101: 77-80, which informs us that the Lord established the Constitution of the United States by the hands of wise men whom He raised up for that very purpose. And I tell them that almost all of the latter-day prophets, as well as many latter-day apostles, have declared that the Constitution was created thru the inspiration of the Lord, and they have stressed the vital importance of defending, upholding and adhering to the Constitution. I let them know there exist recordings of many prophetic testimonies bearing solemn witness of this truth, and testify that there is no way around this responsibility if Latter-day Saints wish to remain a free people.

Then I sock 'em with D&C 98: 4-10, with special emphasis on Verse 6, which informs us that Latter-day Saints are to befriend the constitutional law of the United States. I tell them that in trying to come up with a good explanation of what the Lord meant by befriending the Constitution, I found a statement by President Ezra Taft Benson, spoken in the October 1987 General Conference. I cannot quote it all in conversation, but this is it: "How then can we best befriend the Constitution in this critical hour and secure the blessings of liberty and ensure the protection and guidance of our Father in Heaven?
First and foremost, we must be righteous... Two great American Christian civilizations - the Jaredites and the Nephites - were swept off this land because they did not serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ. (Ether 2: 12) What will become of our civilization?
Second, we must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers. Have we read the Federalist Papers? Are we reading the Constitution and pondering it? Are we aware of its principles? Are we abiding by these principles and teaching them to others? Could we defend the Constitution? Can we recognize when a law is constitutionally unsound? Do we know what the prophets have said about the Constitution and the threats to it?
Third, we must become involved in civic affairs to see that we are properly represented....
Fourth, we must make our influence felt by our vote, our letters, our teaching, and our advice. We must become accurately informed and then let others know how we feel....
We, the blessed beneficiaries of the Constitution, face difficult days in America, a land which is choice above all other lands . (Ether 2: 10) May God give us the faith and the courage exhibited by those patriots who pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor... "

If the person is still with me, (If you've read this far you'll know what I mean.) I tell them about D&C 109: 54, spoken in prayer by the Prophet Joseph Smith at the dedication of the temple at Kirtland, Ohio in 1836, which states that the Constitution of our land be established forever.

There are many Americans, and too many in the Church, who consider the Constitution out of date, meant for an earlier time when things were different, etc. They ignore the evidence that the Constitution’s role goes beyond providing a free nation in which the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Church could be restored, and that it will become the governing system for the entire world during the Millennium. That evidence includes the statement by Melvin J. Ballard in the October 1918 General Conference that "...God’s word shall not fail when He predicted that the instrument known as the Constitution of the United States, the Spirit of Liberty established here by a few weak colonists, was His order of things for the government of men, and it should roll forth to fill the whole earth."

Those instructions point me to candidates who have demonstrated, as best their circumstances permitted, their espousal of the US Constitution. I would be hard put to choose between Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin. All others, both republican and democrat candidates, have demonstrated disdain for certain constitutional principles in various ways.
Should we not use these scriptures to circulate in an online petition to circulate?

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

Do you think this scripture is a reference to political parties?

hel 1:4 Now these are not all the sons of Pahoran (for he had many), but these are they who did contend for the judgment-seat; therefore, they did cause three divisions among the people.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Sir Ron Paul is aligned with the Republican party for one reason. He panders to get votes.

Is that why I'm aligned with the republican party? I mean honestly stumpjumper, have you ever - be honest now - ever told someone that a third party vote is a wasted vote? I bet the answer to that is yes. You've at least said they can't win right? So people who are constitutionalists should do what exactly? Shut the heck up? Maybe some believe that third party argument and want to have a voice. Maybe that is why Paul aligns himself with the republicans. Ever consider that?
I can't believe how many sheepeople on this forum Worship him like he is smarter and more knowledgeable than a General Authority.

Really now? I'm sick so forgive me if I'm a little short, but those on this forum who I do know walk against the grain every day amidst criticism because they are following what they believe is right. Hardly sheeple. I don't know anyone who worships Paul. Making it purple doesn't make it true or profound. Do I have respect for someone who has been so criticised for standing up and standing firm. You better believe it!
Does Ron Paul attend any church on a monthly or weekly basis?

I don't know.
Does he contribute more than 10% of his increase every year?

I don't know.
Does he contribute to charity at all?

I know he's volunteered a lot of his obstetrical services.
This does matter. When millions of worthy LDS contribute more than most kind, courteous, cheerful, thrifty politicos.
???
What does Ron Paul think about Mormons?

I don't know, but most people of his religion think we are deceived, so I imagine he shares that.
You really think that Sir Ron Paul is a more spiritual man than Mitt Romney?

I don't presume to have any knowledge on the matter.
Have any of you actually met Romney or Paul in person?

Not me.
Its sad people continue to trash Mitt Romney on an LDS forum.

I have never trashed Mitt as a person, but I have trashed his policies, because I think they are dangerously wrong.
Where is all the banter and persuasion about how great a person Harry Reid is?
Not following you. Harry Reid's policies are worse.
Before Romney bowed graciously out of the 2008 race, How come his Faith was such a big issue? Why is not Nobama, Paul and McCain not questioned about their beliefs or faith?
Because a lot of people think of Mormonism as a cult and a lot of people don't understand us. Some people used that against Romney on purpose which was lame. What does that have to do with the conversation?

You seem really bitter and I don't get it. Do you think we should support any mormon who runs for office despite vehemently opposing their policies? Do I think many of Mitt's policies go against our faith? Yes I do. Does that make him a bad member? How would I possibly know? I do believe it makes him wrong. Just thought I'd see if making it purple makes more people buy it.

By the way, when did they knight Ron Paul?

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

p51-mustang wrote:Do you think this scripture is a reference to political parties?

hel 1:4 Now these are not all the sons of Pahoran (for he had many), but these are they who did contend for the judgment-seat; therefore, they did cause three divisions among the people.
I hadnt noticed that perspective or insight into that scripture before. ???

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I think that they are saying to look for good candidates regardless of party.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

I see some mean spiritedness here towards Mark. I say let's look at the sunshine rather than the shadow.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Sir Ron Paul is aligned with the Republican party for one reason. He panders to get votes.
LOL HA HA HA LOL I am sorry, but anyone who runs for office for any party is 'pandering' for that Parties baseline voters. In reality it is the independent voters that really matter. The 3 1/2% that really decide the elections. So, he chose the GOP for where he wants to fight in a 2 party controlled system. Big Deal. Mitt was pandering too.

I can't believe how many sheepeople on this forum Worship him like he is smarter and more knowledgeable than a General Authority.
LOL. I think that those of us who admire Paul prefer the words of the prophets over his words, because they are complete. The prophets have the fullness. Ron Paul is brilliant when it comes to financial temporal matters, but our prophets can cover that and more importantly the spiritual matters.

Does Ron Paul attend any church on a monthly or weekly basis?
Yes, but this doesn't mean much. People who attend church still do wicked things, just look at congress, or a certain Governor who helped push same sex unions.

Does he contribute more than 10% of his increase every year?
I don't know, but I would imagine so since he returns a portion of his salary to the Treasury every year. He doesn't want to take from the people if he doesn't need it.
If you do not understand the amount of Charity that it takes to be a leader, and that there are many forms of Charity and service to give, then I am not even going to go there. Often the service rendered is without thanks, and is very difficult emotionally and physically, and I do know because I have been doing it on a smaller scale, and I often wonder how he is able to give so much for so long.

This does matter. When millions of worthy LDS contribute more than most kind, courteous, cheerful, thrifty politicos.
You are going to need to back this up with concrete facts.
What does Ron Paul think about Mormons?

He thinks that they are a good and morale people. That should know better about defending the Constitution having had leaders like Ezra Taft Benson. He is in the same organization as the Skousen's etc. He has worked for many years with many LDS people in many capacities.

Guess their fruits could let you know if that is the case or not.
Yes *I* have met them both. I had to choose on the side of the Constitution despite appearances. And I assure you when it comes to character, I will let my life rely on Paul before I would Romney.
Its sad people continue to trash Mitt Romney on an LDS forum. Where is all the banter and persuasion about how great a person Harry Reid is?
There is no difference between the two men you mention politically, and some of the things they will say to others about spiritual matters as well. Their policies are tyrannical, they destroy liberty and our nation. And I don't care what titles a man has or what church he belongs to, he does that, and he deserves to hear from those that will still stand up and defend their neighbors from tyrants.
You are kidding right? Obama not questioned about his faith? His pastor? If he's a Muslim? McCain for having left the Espicopalian church after he was refused the nomination in 2000? Huckabee for being a Bible toten Baptist? I think that the only reason Paul was not asked, was because he did not make his religion part of his campaign.

When I was on the inside of Mitt's campaign, I can tell you that the religious spin was originating from the inside of the campaign in order to get press and more voters support. Sympathy works well with some religious groups. Don't believe all that you see on the Main Stream Media as being the angle from which things really come. 'Bad' news is still news, it gets you talked about in the press, that is a GOOD thing.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The comment "Its sad people continue to trash Mitt Romney on an LDS forum." is a gross misrepresentation of what has been shown on this site and in the media about Romney. He has done and said certain things that demonstrate disdain for certain moral and constitutional principles, and that is well documented and noted on at least one other thread.

It's pretty sad that both Mitt Romney and Harry Reid have in the past year made statements, Reid to the media and Romney on TV, that had they been made in a church meeting would or at least should have brought rebuke from whoever was presiding at the meeting. I think forum members who were around a year ago remember that.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

I definitely remember..

Stumpjumper
captain of 100

Post by Stumpjumper »

ChelC wrote:

Is that why I'm aligned with the republican party? I mean honestly stumpjumper, have you ever - be honest now - ever told someone that a third party vote is a wasted vote? I bet the answer to that is yes. You've at least said they can't win right? So people who are constitutionalists should do what exactly? Shut the heck up? Maybe some believe that third party argument and want to have a voice. Maybe that is why Paul aligns himself with the republicans. Ever consider that?

Yes I did consider that and yes the third party has no chance. You proved my point, he likes his position and panders to get votes.

Really now? I'm sick so forgive me if I'm a little short, but those on this forum who I do know walk against the grain every day amidst criticism because they are following what they believe is right. Hardly sheeple. I don't know anyone who worships Paul. Making it purple doesn't make it true or profound. Do I have respect for someone who has been so criticised for standing up and standing firm. You better believe it!

Sorry that its purple, don't get sensitive now. RP is fallible. He is not perfect. He would have been an excellent choice for president

Tithing and fast offerings by most members are a greater donation to charity than most politicians. I don't need concrete proof to back this up at all. Our church is as financially sound as it can be because of charity.
Its sad people continue to trash Mitt Romney on an LDS forum.

I have never trashed Mitt as a person, but I have trashed his policies, because I think they are dangerously wrong.

That is fine and I agree all his policies are not correct. I didn't want to single out you, I just made a statement that his name doesn't need to be tossed around like he is on Clintons level. He is still a brother of the LDS Faith no matter how you look at it.
Where is all the banter and persuasion about how great a person Harry Reid is?
Not following you. Harry Reid's policies are worse.
That is my point he doesn't get discussed
I know and he is LDS as well. That was my point if people are going to single out someones policies that are complete and utter trash then why the uproar against Romney.

You seem really bitter and I don't get it. Do you think we should support any mormon who runs for office despite vehemently opposing their policies?

No I don't think you just throw any member of any faith in office based on that alone. I do think that Romney would have made a better president than McShame or comrade Nobama or fakehuckabee. He was not as good as RP on some policies. He needs work for sure and he can change. He did however have more support and a better chance than R.Paul. Just look at the primaries.

Stumpjumper
captain of 100

Post by Stumpjumper »

Yes, but this doesn't mean much. People who attend church still do wicked things, just look at congress, or a certain Governor who helped push same sex unions.

That's why we attend church to repent each week. We also are allowed to learn from others at church services. It does mean a lot. It shows commitment. Romney isn't perfect and he is allowed the full process of repentance. No one gets a free pass from devoting time, talents and energy to the Lord. Not even Paul.
I don't know, but I would imagine so since he returns a portion of his salary to the Treasury every year. He doesn't want to take from the people if he doesn't need it.

That is noble. Good for him.
If you do not understand the amount of Charity that it takes to be a leader, and that there are many forms of Charity and service to give, then I am not even going to go there. Often the service rendered is without thanks, and is very difficult emotionally and physically, and I do know because I have been doing it on a smaller scale, and I often wonder how he is able to give so much for so long.

His position still pays his bills. Don't worry he will be just fine. As far as him sending a portion back to the treasury that's what I was looking for. When political leaders talk about donating to charity they do it on a small scale in the form of money. Being paid to be a politician does have its perks, most politicians would tap out due to financial restraints, not many bow out due to emotional stress or physical issues. Don't pretend that I don't know anything about charity and service. You don't need to go there because you don't know me.

You are going to need to back this up with concrete facts.

Hook line and sinker. Hopefully you misunderstood the post. I said "millions of worthy LDS contribute more, than most kind courteous, cheerful, thrifty politicos.(politicians)" If you need an explanation then let me know. (see time, talents, energy, tithing, fast offerings, etc.)

Guess their fruits could let you know if that is the case or not.

Guess so

Yes *I* have met them both. I had to choose on the side of the Constitution despite appearances. And I assure you when it comes to character, I will let my life rely on Paul before I would Romney.

Since Romney could give you a Priesthood blessing and Paul could not. I understand I guess your talking about your political life.

Its sad people continue to trash Mitt Romney on an LDS forum. Where is all the banter and persuasion about how great a person Harry Reid is?

There is no difference between the two men you mention politically, and some of the things they will say to others about spiritual matters as well. Their policies are tyrannical, they destroy liberty and our nation. And I don't care what titles a man has or what church he belongs to, he does that, and he deserves to hear from those that will still stand up and defend their neighbors from tyrants.

No difference between Romney and Reid politically??? Tyranny huh. Who are you accusing of being a tyrant? That's what I am talking about. Why didn't you call Romney a tyrant to his face? You sure are strong behind a key board. Don't waste my time with drivel. You may not agree with all of Romney's policies but I assure you he doesn't line up with Reid.

You are kidding right? Obama not questioned about his faith? His pastor? If he's a Muslim? McCain for having left the Espicopalian church after he was refused the nomination in 2000? Huckabee for being a Bible toten Baptist? I think that the only reason Paul was not asked, was because he did not make his religion part of his campaign.
When I was on the inside of Mitt's campaign, I can tell you that the religious spin was originating from the inside of the campaign in order to get press and more voters support. Sympathy works well with some religious groups. Don't believe all that you see on the Main Stream Media as being the angle from which things really come. 'Bad' news is still news, it gets you talked about in the press, that is a GOOD thing.

The other candidates were not hit as hard as Romney about being LDS. If you don't agree then it's fine with me. If you were on the inside then why didn't you call Mitt Romney a tyrant to his face instead of on a internet board. Maybe ask him to surrender his temple recommend? You have a lot of courage.

I don't watch the main stream media, unless passing a tv in the airport. Thanks for the update about how the news works and the mainstream media coming from a person who doesn't claim to even own a TV. That is you right. Killed your TV long ago???

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I'll tell you why the uproar against Romney, at least the reason for my uproar. IMO the man had a great oportunity to help rally the Elders of Israel in the defense of the Constitution and basic Gospel principles. But instead of staying true to his LDS faith and "befriending" the US Constitution, he instituted a mandatory socialist health care system in Massachusetts and publicly stated his belief that the president has the responsibility to declare war, ignoring or oblivious of the fact that it is the responsibility of the Congress to declare war. And his record in Massachusetts of support of homosexual interests is disgraceful. But what's even worse is the ignorance of LDS voters of these failings and/or their apathy toward them. And as for his supporting McCain, would any of you actually support McCain against a candidate like Paul or Baldwin? Apparently so. Sure, Harry Reid is worse that Romney by a good measure, but that does not cause me to put Romney in the same class with Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin.

Stumpjumper
captain of 100

Post by Stumpjumper »

lundbaek wrote:I'll tell you why the uproar against Romney, at least the reason for my uproar. IMO the man had a great oportunity to help rally the Elders of Israel in the defense of the Constitution and basic Gospel principles. But instead of staying true to his LDS faith and "befriending" the US Constitution, he instituted a mandatory socialist health care system in Massachusetts and publicly stated his belief that the president has the responsibility to declare war, ignoring or oblivious of the fact that it is the responsibility of the Congress to declare war. And his record in Massachusetts of support of homosexual interests is disgraceful. But what's even worse is the ignorance of LDS voters of these failings and/or their apathy toward them. And as for his supporting McCain, would any of you actually support McCain against a candidate like Paul or Baldwin? Apparently so. Sure, Harry Reid is worse that Romney by a good measure, but that does not cause me to put Romney in the same class with Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin.
Agreed he made some bad mistakes and needs to overhaul his policies if he stays in politics. I will not support McShame. Romney although he had a severe lack of judgment would still be a cut or two above McShame or nobama. Clearly Paul, Barr, or Baldwin would be higher choices.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

Here is a good article about Chuck.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

No difference between Romney and Reid politically??? Tyranny huh. Who are you accusing of being a tyrant? That's what I am talking about. Why didn't you call Romney a tyrant to his face? You sure are strong behind a key board. Don't waste my time with drivel. You may not agree with all of Romney's policies but I assure you he doesn't line up with Reid.

How do you know I did not? I have told him to read the Constitution and reread the Book of Mormon. I told him that I found his global initiative online and I wanted to know why he would support something like that? I was in his top 24 friend on Myspace until I found this initiative. I spoke with his sons. Anyway.. I am done with this topic. A wolf is a wolf until they repent. He changes, I will forgive, but until then I will rebuke, especially when he is pushing former supporters to McCain.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

I don't watch the main stream media, unless passing a tv in the airport. Thanks for the update about how the news works and the mainstream media coming from a person who doesn't claim to even own a TV. That is you right. Killed your TV long ago???[/color][/quote]

I do not have mainstream tv it in my home and I do not watch it anywhere else, other then a clip here or there on youtube. I do have a TV that is used as my computer monitor, and we will play spiritual and educational DVD's as well as CD's on it (has a built in player). HOWEVER, I was in the music scene and I learned all about images and how the media can be manipulated, that is why I stopped doing my music for anything other then church. I was not going to create an illusion and manipulate people. I even tested the system and sent out press releases, and they printed them without checking them, word for word with their name on it like they wrote it LOL.. A good read is Guerilla PR has some good insight.

I also am working in politics and I have learned from the most highly paid how they win elections through the media, and it is through distortion like you would not believe.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Been on vacation this past week looking at the fall colors in the GA and NC mountains.

Romney and Paul are NOT candidates so why so much discussion? The two actual candidates who support and defend the Constitution are Barr and Baldwin. I won't get started on Romney other then he TWICE denied the Restoration and JS in public. Many rationalize away what he said because party comes above rpincipal for all too many Mormons.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think it is very important that there be discussion about the differences between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney because I consider it imiportant that LDSs voters realize how unwise they have been in deciding which candidates to support. In ignoring Ron Paul and now Chuck Baldwin, they have ignored the only candidates who truly "befriend" the US Constitution, and in supporting Mitt Romney they supported an LDS candidate who instead of promoting government under constitutional and moral principles, has demonstrated disdain for certain constitutional and moral principles, in addition to failing to tell what any 19 year old missionary would tell about Josoeph Smith having been spoken to by God the Father and Christ in 1820. I take every opportunity to point out to LDS voters this gross failure on their part. Many get very upset with me for doing this, and I couldn't careless.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Lundbeck, thanks for clarifying your motivation. Yes, Romeny IMO is a dangerous sheep in wolf's clothing.

I would add that Barr is also a strong defender of the Constitution now that he has been politically converted.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

lundbaek wrote:I think it is very important that there be discussion about the differences between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney because I consider it imiportant that LDSs voters realize how unwise they have been in deciding which candidates to support. In ignoring Ron Paul and now Chuck Baldwin, they have ignored the only candidates who truly "befriend" the US Constitution, and in supporting Mitt Romney they supported an LDS candidate who instead of promoting government under constitutional and moral principles, has demonstrated disdain for certain constitutional and moral principles, in addition to failing to tell what any 19 year old missionary would tell about Josoeph Smith having been spoken to by God the Father and Christ in 1820. I take every opportunity to point out to LDS voters this gross failure on their part. Many get very upset with me for doing this, and I couldn't careless.

YES, it isnt that one isnt in line with correct principles. I do not trash Romney I (or we) do however reject the sin and are frustrated by the fact that not only were his actions not in line with teachings of scripture, prophets and principles of freedom and the constitution, but he had many blind followers. There are way to many apethetic LDS supporters whos intentions may be good yet they are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men. I care not if Romneys actions were in ignorance or willfull intent. It is our duty to uphold and befriend the Constitution and principles of freedom as were re discovered byinspiration of God through the founders.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Hiddentreasure, you're more generous towards Romney then I am. He is NOT ignorant of economics and exactly what he was advocating in overthrowing the Constitution. I KNW this after he publicly denied that God appeared to JS. And he did this by saying that God hadn't appeared to anyone since Moses.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

Captain Moroni wrote:Hiddentreasure, you're more generous towards Romney then I am. He is NOT ignorant of economics and exactly what he was advocating in overthrowing the Constitution. I KNW this after he publicly denied that God appeared to JS. And he did this by saying that God hadn't appeared to anyone since Moses.

I am not to say you are wrong, because I am certainly far from convinced of such. I just dont know that it ismy role to judge him as much as it is to judge what he has done.