'Major Announcement' by Ron Paul

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=456

Friends,

Dr. Paul just authorized me to send this press release to the national wire. Stay tuned!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton
September 5, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Re: 'Major Announcement' by Ron Paul

Post by ldsff »

The Largest Vote for a Third Party Candidate in History
Posted by Laurence Vance at September 5, 2008 12:12 PM

would occur if the Ron Paul major announcement was that Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr were stepping aside for him to be the nominee of the Constitution and Libertarian Parties. I would even vote if that happened.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/a ... 22696.html

a-train
captain of 100

Post by a-train »

Let us all pray for it.

-a-train

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

My sources are telling me that Paul is going to endorse McCain for President after being promised the job as a goodwill UN Ambassador to the world in the new Administration. :o

ldsff
captain of 1,000

Post by ldsff »

:roll:

fck
captain of 50

Post by fck »

Montana Constitution Party Submits Presidential Electors Pledged to Ron Paul and Michael Peroutka

On September 5, the ballot-qualified Constitution Party of Montana submitted its presidential elector candidates to the Secretary of State. The party informed the Secretary of State that its electors are pledged to Ron Paul for president and Michael Peroutka for vice-president. Ron Paul was aware that the party planned to do this, and has said that as long as he can remain passive and silent about the development, and as long as he need not sign any declaration of candidacy, that he does not object.

http://www.ballot-access.org/

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

ldsff wrote:The Largest Vote for a Third Party Candidate in History
Posted by Laurence Vance at September 5, 2008 12:12 PM

would occur if the Ron Paul major announcement was that Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr were stepping aside for him to be the nominee of the Constitution and Libertarian Parties. I would even vote if that happened.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/a ... 22696.html

Posted by Lew Rockwell at September 5, 2008 11:31 AM

We can't know for sure what it's about, but Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin both say they'll be at the important Ron Paul press conference at the National Press Club in DC on September 10th at 10:30am, to discuss the election. Anyone else?

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Could he be a vice-president pick for the 3rd party?

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

caddis wrote:Could he be a vice-president pick for the 3rd party?
That's what I was thinking...

Everybody...please pray for Ron...he needs our prayers.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In spite of the differences between the Constitution Party and the Libertarian Party, some of which I think would be difficult to reconcile, if the two parties could both endorse the same candidates for president and VP, it would at least be a show of force that might garner yet further support. I sense desperation in the air, like this election is a "last ditch" chance to start a return to constitutional government. Both Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin have expressed this fear.

masterdmjg
captain of 100

Post by masterdmjg »

Mark wrote:My sources are telling me that Paul is going to endorse McCain for President after being promised the job as a goodwill UN Ambassador to the world in the new Administration. :o
I have to admit, that thought makes my evil mind laugh a little bit. It would just be to depressing and funny to have Dr. Paul turn out to be an evil gadianton after everyone was so sure he was the answer to all the country's woes. It would throw the universe out of whack, for us "freedom lovers."

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I guess my evil twisted mind only appeals to fellow evil twisted minds out in internet land. Thanks for coming out of the closet masterdmjg. It was getting lonely in here.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

How about fasting tomorrow as well?

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

Proud 2b Peculiar wrote:How about fasting tomorrow as well?
Yes! In lieu of a money bomb...we'll have a A Fasting Bomb!
Or prayer bomb.

But somehow, that just doesn't sound right.

My wife and I are fasting for Paul tomorrow.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

I have the feeling it will be just a Campaign for Liberty promotion. Barr and Baldwin will give Ron Paul their endorsement for the Campaign.

masterdmjg
captain of 100

Post by masterdmjg »

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:I have the feeling it will be just a Campaign for Liberty promotion. Barr and Baldwin will give Ron Paul their endorsement for the Campaign.
I have the feeling Ron Paul is going to name Rob as his successor to save the republic. It's the obvious next step, and I'm surprised all of you missed it.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:I have the feeling it will be just a Campaign for Liberty promotion. Barr and Baldwin will give Ron Paul their endorsement for the Campaign.
Could be that. I am still trying to find out. But if I did and they told me not to tell, I wouldn't.. but I want to know!! LOL Debbie Hopper is so awesome, but I am sure that she will keep it a secret. :)

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Hey it is the same day as they are supposed to be colliding those atoms..

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

masterdmjg wrote:
I have the feeling Ron Paul is going to name Rob as his successor to save the republic. It's the obvious next step, and I'm surprised all of you missed it.
Shhhhh! Wait until Wednesday. This is supposed to be a secret!!!!

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I am still trying to find out. But if I did and they told me not to tell, I wouldn't..

wanna bet?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Since I am actively promoting the Baldwin - Castle campaign here in AZ while running for Congress myself for the CP, I am anxious to know ASAP about possible changes in candidates, so I inquired of CPHQ. Following is the reply I received:

I really don't know what the major announcement is about and I'm not sure Chuck knows himself. I have asked, so if I get an answer, I''ll let you know. I doubt very much that it will be any kind of coalition effort among the various candidates. If that were in the wind, I feel sure Chuck would have been consulting us and it doesn't make sense that Ron Pual would set them up for trying to publicly force them into a coalition without discussing it with them ahead of time.

So I guess we wait it out.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Attachments
001-0908173622-ron-paul-liberty-shield.jpg
001-0908173622-ron-paul-liberty-shield.jpg (22.14 KiB) Viewed 8676 times

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/r ... &dist=hppr

Ron Paul to Hold Major Press Conference Wednesday

Last update: 6:11 p.m. EDT Sept. 8, 2008
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Sep 08, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Congressman Ron Paul will hold a press conference in the Ball Room at the National Press Club on Wednesday, September 10th at 10:00 a.m. Dr. Paul will announce his intentions for the fall presidential election and will be accompanied by several special guests.
This event comes on the heels of Dr. Paul's historic three-day Rally for the Republic in Minneapolis, Minnesota, that drew over 12,000 supporters.
To RSVP, please email Jesse@CampaignForLiberty.com.
SOURCE: Campaign for Liberty

Don Rassmussen did confirm on “The Freedom Message” Sunday night that Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader will all be present for this press conference. Sounds like some kind of move in the direction of a “United Front” strategy may be in the works. No idea if there will be any live coverage of this at this time.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In view of the press' treatment of Ron Paul during the debates and up to the primary election, I am surprised the National Press Club would even make its Ball Room available to Dr. Paul. And I'll be pleasantly surprised if the mainstream media reports accurately or to any extent on it. Unless certain interests are hoping that whatever comes out of this will draw votes away from McCain, which is quite conceivable to me.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

They are trying to get C-Span there