I'm new

Tell us about yourself...
ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

I'm new

Post by ahmedcrow »

Hello everyone, I'm Ahmed Crow from Egypt, I found PDF copy of book of Mormon in Arabic, I read some of it, it was the first time to hear about "Mormons", I've Islamic religious background but I like the way of book of Mormon and I think it's truth and correct, I want to increase my knowledge and to know more.

commonwealth
captain of 100

Re: I'm new

Post by commonwealth »

Welcome

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Welcome!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

ahmedcrow wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 12:18 pm Hello everyone, I'm Ahmed Crow from Egypt, I found PDF copy of book of Mormon in Arabic, I read some of it, it was the first time to hear about "Mormons", I've Islamic religious background but I like the way of book of Mormon and I think it's truth and correct, I want to increase my knowledge and to know more.
Welcome! It is true - a simple reading and a humble prayer will confirm its truthfulness. If only convincing people to do so were easier! :)

Lyster
captain of 100

Post by Lyster »

Welcome! How did you come across the book? And what things have you read that have influenced your thoughts?

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Welcome Ahmed Crow from Egypt! As Joseph Smith said, and I am paraphrasing, it is the most correct book on the face of the earth and you can get closer to God by abiding its precepts than any other book.
You have been lead by God to find it. Use it well and God will bless you beyond your wildest imaginings.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Lyster wrote: February 4th, 2018, 4:46 pm Welcome! How did you come across the book? And what things have you read that have influenced your thoughts?
Accidentally, I was looking for something in google in Arabic but I don't remember it exactly what it was for now but it may be related to Christianity, and I found this words in google results "book of Mormon" in Arabic, I opened the site and downloaded it and read some of it.

I don't remember all parts I read but I'll tell you somethings, in 2 Nephi, chapter 2, Lehi was talking with his son Jacob about Christian concepts, it's strange that you find another book than holy bible are talking the same concepts of Christianity, in Islam we don't accept the Christian concepts and we think they're false, but really it's strange to found another source that admit the same concepts.

Holy bible and book of Mormon are two different books, most actions of Holy bible were in old Israel or the land of Canaan, but book of Mormon is in America!

I've visions too that admit some of christian concepts, so I become to believe these concepts are true, because our Islamic background, we don't accept or believe in any other strange concepts, it's not easy, we need proofs, strong ones.

Another strange point in book of Mormon is "America", everyone knows that America is belong to new world, there's nothing about it in the old holy texts, or at least nothing is clearly, you don't see America in Quran or Holy bible, but America in book of Mormon is important land to God, this is strange too.

Bigdata
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Bigdata »

hi.......welcome to the forum...........

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Hello Ahmed! Welcome!

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Have a happy welcome from one of the friendly forum moderators!

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

ahmedcrow wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 12:18 pm Hello everyone, I'm Ahmed Crow from Egypt, I found PDF copy of book of Mormon in Arabic, I read some of it, it was the first time to hear about "Mormons", I've Islamic religious background but I like the way of book of Mormon and I think it's truth and correct, I want to increase my knowledge and to know more.
Welcome!

How familiar are you with the concept of the Holy Ghost? I do not know as much about your religion as I wish I did.

The book of Mormon is full of examples of how people come to understand truth and worship God and be saved by God. Each and every time it is a result of being willing to throw away unbelief and just ask God if something is true. It’s a matter of being willing to hear God out.

Ask God in private prayer if something is true, continue to read. God will show you the way. God can influence you with the Holy Ghost, or with his Spirit.

2 Nephi Chapter 31 is key. This chapter summarizes the path that Mormons believe every person must take.
Alma chapter 36. Alma recounts his experience of how he was Born of God, something that must happen in order to be saved by God.

3 Nephi chapter 11 - When Christ came to the Americas.
3 Nephi chapter 19
Moroni chapter 3
Moroni chapter 7
Moroni Chapter 10
The Book of Enos ( It is just one chapter)

Please read these. There are many great parts of the Book. Don’t let any man persuade you, instead let God persuade you through his Spirit. To those who are willing to humble themselves and consider that they may be missing something in their lives, he will reward. He will guide you. Mormonism exists because Joseph Smith decided to pray to God and ask God questions. God appeared to him, and revealed many things to him, including things that clarify the Old Testament stories that even Islam recounts.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

ahmedcrow wrote: February 5th, 2018, 10:13 am
Lyster wrote: February 4th, 2018, 4:46 pm Welcome! How did you come across the book? And what things have you read that have influenced your thoughts?
Accidentally, I was looking for something in google in Arabic but I don't remember it exactly what it was for now but it may be related to Christianity, and I found this words in google results "book of Mormon" in Arabic, I opened the site and downloaded it and read some of it.

I don't remember all parts I read but I'll tell you somethings, in 2 Nephi, chapter 2, Lehi was talking with his son Jacob about Christian concepts, it's strange that you find another book than holy bible are talking the same concepts of Christianity, in Islam we don't accept the Christian concepts and we think they're false, but really it's strange to found another source that admit the same concepts.

Holy bible and book of Mormon are two different books, most actions of Holy bible were in old Israel or the land of Canaan, but book of Mormon is in America!

I've visions too that admit some of christian concepts, so I become to believe these concepts are true, because our Islamic background, we don't accept or believe in any other strange concepts, it's not easy, we need proofs, strong ones.

Another strange point in book of Mormon is "America", everyone knows that America is belong to new world, there's nothing about it in the old holy texts, or at least nothing is clearly, you don't see America in Quran or Holy bible, but America in book of Mormon is important land to God, this is strange too.
There is also a part in the Book of Mormon in which one of God’s prophets is teaching a group of people who have a different concept of God, perhaps it would be a good story for you to read.

It is Alma chapter 18-25. The King of a people and his Father was converted to God , it is an incredible story that also shows you what you must do if you wish to come unto God and be saved by him.

I hope some of these chapters helps you on your journey!

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Stahura wrote: February 21st, 2018, 12:35 am
Welcome!

How familiar are you with the concept of the Holy Ghost? I do not know as much about your religion as I wish I did.

The book of Mormon is full of examples of how people come to understand truth and worship God and be saved by God. Each and every time it is a result of being willing to throw away unbelief and just ask God if something is true. It’s a matter of being willing to hear God out.

Ask God in private prayer if something is true, continue to read. God will show you the way. God can influence you with the Holy Ghost, or with his Spirit.

2 Nephi Chapter 31 is key. This chapter summarizes the path that Mormons believe every person must take.
Alma chapter 36. Alma recounts his experience of how he was Born of God, something that must happen in order to be saved by God.

3 Nephi chapter 19
Moroni chapter 3
Moroni chapter 7
Moroni Chapter 10

Please read these. There are many great parts of the Book. Don’t let any man persuade you, instead let God persuade you through his Spirit. To those who are willing to humble themselves and consider that they may be missing something in their lives, he will reward. He will guide you. Mormonism exists because Joseph Smith decided to pray to God and ask God questions. God appeared to him, and revealed many things to him, including things that clarify the Old Testament stories that even Islam recounts.
Now, I have read all chapters you elected for me. I'm a seer, a dreamer, and have visions about holy spirit. In Islam the angel Gabriel is the holy spirit, may be he has many abilities.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

ahmedcrow wrote: March 11th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Welcome!

3 Nephi chapter 19
Moroni chapter 3
Moroni chapter 7
Moroni Chapter 10

Now, I have read all chapters you elected for me. I'm a seer, a dreamer, and have visions about holy spirit. In Islam the angel Gabriel is the holy spirit, may be he has many abilities.
Ahmed, It is a wonderful gift, and a little bit of a curse to be a visionary man. Lehi in the early part of the Book of Mormon, as related in 1 Nephi, was also a visionary man. God can use your gift for much that is good.
Can I recommend some other chapters to read:
2 Ne 31 and 32
Alma 32
Helaman 14
3 Ne 12
Ether 12
Please share your thoughts and dreams after you read this. Thanks for being on this forum.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Ahmedcrow ,

Just read the whole thing and if you like what you have read, read it again, and again and each time you do it is interesting how more and more light comes to mind even after reading it many times. Of course that is if a person is sincere and believes...
Even with me after 45 plus years of reading it over and over it amazes me when I read it even today that I think " why did I not see that before in this light" .... At least that is the way it is with me.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

JaredBees wrote: March 18th, 2018, 5:49 pm https://youtu.be/p8X8a7DtwUI
Thank you, it's a good video, my problem is I can't hear English well 'cause I didn't talk much with English people, writing is my main skill, but I understood that the man was christian who didn't know about the book of Mormon and he found it good and followed it.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Rand wrote: March 19th, 2018, 2:05 pm
ahmedcrow wrote: March 11th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Welcome!

3 Nephi chapter 19
Moroni chapter 3
Moroni chapter 7
Moroni Chapter 10

Ahmed, It is a wonderful gift, and a little bit of a curse to be a visionary man. Lehi in the early part of the Book of Mormon, as related in 1 Nephi, was also a visionary man. God can use your gift for much that is good.
Can I recommend some other chapters to read:
2 Ne 31 and 32
Alma 32
Helaman 14
3 Ne 12
Ether 12
Please share your thoughts and dreams after you read this. Thanks for being on this forum.
Thank you for your wonderful words, I liked 'em very much, and I saw a vision about the book of Mormon, after I read suggested chapters by Stahura - a member of this forum shared in this topic - I found that there's some verses or words that works with the same direction of the Gospel and they like it, that agreement gives feeling in my heart, when I was sleeping I saw a vision that I read a word in gospel "giving glory to God", and I didn't like this word in my heart but the vision said the explanation of this word is the feeling in your heart when you found agrreement between the book of Mormon and Gospel, then I liked it.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

I'll read the suggested chapters by Rand

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

simpleton wrote: March 19th, 2018, 2:23 pm Ahmedcrow ,

Just read the whole thing and if you like what you have read, read it again, and again and each time you do it is interesting how more and more light comes to mind even after reading it many times. Of course that is if a person is sincere and believes...
Even with me after 45 plus years of reading it over and over it amazes me when I read it even today that I think " why did I not see that before in this light" .... At least that is the way it is with me.
From my visions, the book of Mormon is a true holy book like bible and Quarn, but the amazed thing is that few people here in middle east know about it, I think that, and I was one of 'em, it's a new book for us.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

ahmedcrow wrote: March 20th, 2018, 12:15 pm

From my visions, the book of Mormon is a true holy book like bible and Quarn, but the amazed thing is that few people here in middle east know about it, I think that, and I was one of 'em, it's a new book for us.
Ahmed, that is true. It is a true book. What does that mean? Have you read the preamble about Joseph Smiths History? Share what you think and feel about that account.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Rand wrote: March 20th, 2018, 9:57 pm
ahmedcrow wrote: March 20th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Ahmed, that is true. It is a true book. What does that mean? Have you read the preamble about Joseph Smiths History? Share what you think and feel about that account.
I've read the Arabic preamble, the testimony of Joseph Smith, I saw vision that said that the name of Joseph Smith is light (not heavy or outstanding), but the "th" in Smith support the name, and vision said "th" is like 3rd person pronoun means "him", and "him" or "th" back to Joseph Smith himself.

I think the story of Joseph Smith is acceptable, it's not fake and why Christians will make a fake book ? if Christians made the book so we expect that all Christians believe in the book of Mormon.

My visions are proof to me, there's no vision said the book is fake.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Rand, I read Ether 12, it's very important chapter, I liked it, it encourages me.

Martingail
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Martingail »

I am Martin Gail. I love teaching, I have 7 years teaching experience in UK, Teaching Statistics to a wide range of students from Elementary level right through to PhD Students. Currently, I am providing my tutoring services at SPSS-Tutor. I have a kind and patient style of teaching and love to help and explain. I love reading when I have free time there is nothing better than reading a good science fiction novel. I have a bachelor and master degree in Statistics.

Martingail
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Martingail »

Hello there!