Greetings

Tell us about yourself...
alduckdog
captain of 10

Greetings

Post by alduckdog »

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking the forum for a little bit now and have finally decided to "pull the trigger" and jump in. My name is Donnie, I am currently living/assigned in Texas hailing originally from Alabama. I am an active member of the church, avid family man, outdoorsman, dog trainer, and so on and so forth. I immerse myself in politics due to the importance I have discovered it plays in our everyday life, recently I have discovered something politically about myself. I have always thought of myself as more of a Conservative rather than a Republican...while this is still true, I find my politically ideology falling on the right side of Libertarianism and the platform of the Constitutional Party. I hope to hammer out more details as the days go by and truly contribute to the great conversations both politically and spiritually going on here.

Donnie

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: Greetings

Post by gardener4life »

You know Donnie,

Spanish sounds hilarious with a deep Texas drawl accent. (Food for thought.)
Are you by any chance near the areas hit by the hurricane? Any thoughts there?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alduckdog wrote: October 17th, 2017, 11:54 am Hello everyone,

I have been lurking the forum for a little bit now and have finally decided to "pull the trigger" and jump in. My name is Donnie, I am currently living/assigned in Texas hailing originally from Alabama. I am an active member of the church, avid family man, outdoorsman, dog trainer, and so on and so forth. I immerse myself in politics due to the importance I have discovered it plays in our everyday life, recently I have discovered something politically about myself. I have always thought of myself as more of a Conservative rather than a Republican...while this is still true, I find my politically ideology falling on the right side of Libertarianism and the platform of the Constitutional Party. I hope to hammer out more details as the days go by and truly contribute to the great conversations both politically and spiritually going on here.

Donnie
Welcome!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome Donnie ...

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Welcome!

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

gardener4life wrote: October 17th, 2017, 7:10 pm You know Donnie,

Spanish sounds hilarious with a deep Texas drawl accent. (Food for thought.)
Are you by any chance near the areas hit by the hurricane? Any thoughts there?
My Alabamian accent is worse than any Texas draw you may have heard, couple that with my poor Spanish...yeah it is pretty hilarious lol.

I am in San Antonio, I would say I am "near" the areas affected by Harvey. The only real thought that comes to mind is how well the church responded to the situation. At one point we all had to "pump the breaks" because of the overwhelming amount of stakes wanting to send volunteers.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

That last comment is actually pretty amazing that you said. People don't really know that and it's worth telling. "At one point we all had to "pump the breaks" because of the overwhelming amount of stakes wanting to send volunteers."

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I have a cousin named Donnie Earl, nice guy.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Welcome to the forum, alduckdog; we have many of the same interests - it's nice to have you here. Good luck with all your on-and-offline endeavors! :)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

alduckdog wrote: October 17th, 2017, 11:54 am Hello everyone,

Donnie
Ey up mi duck.

alduckdog
captain of 10

Post by alduckdog »

Thanks to my extensive time working/training with the RAF Regiment...I knew that was a greeting and not just random strikes of the keyboard haha.
Robin Hood wrote: October 18th, 2017, 2:06 pm Ey up mi duck.