Greetings everyone!

Tell us about yourself...
jfb55
Hi, I'm new.

Greetings everyone!

Post by jfb55 »

My name is James. I am 62, retired, and have been an inactive Mormon for ten years. I have recently began studying LDS teachings once more, and am convinced that I (and our nation) need the gospel and the ideals of liberty more than ever. Please pray for me as well as for our great country. I look forward to participating in the forums.

Hezekiah
captain of 10

Re: Greetings everyone!

Post by Hezekiah »

Welcome to the party, and I couldn't agree more. We need God and repentance or we are well and truly hosed.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Welcome, James. There are all kinds here in the forum and while the conversations can get kind of heated on particular topics, I think everyone is here for the same reasons. We care deeply about these things and while we all have our own opinions, each one of us cares about the gospel and liberty. Good on you for making a journey back to church. Please be patient with people there, everyone is on a journey. I think some of the greatest praise we can give to God is in forgiving and exercising patience with others as the Savior did.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

jfb55 wrote: August 28th, 2017, 6:06 pm My name is James. I am 62, retired, and have been an inactive Mormon for ten years. I have recently began studying LDS teachings once more, and am convinced that I (and our nation) need the gospel and the ideals of liberty more than ever. Please pray for me as well as for our great country. I look forward to participating in the forums.
Welcome!

Yeah this really isn't a forum of freedom like it use to be. If you are getting back on your feet with your testimony get prepared to find this place as half pro LDS and half as either out the door or just keeping one foot in. I guess that is good or bad depending on where you stand.

Wish you the best in your journey.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:) Welcome jfb55.