Nice to meet you likeminded people

Tell us about yourself...
aspietroll
captain of 50

Nice to meet you likeminded people

Post by aspietroll »

Hello. Im a 22 year old guy living in Michigan. We in Michigan refer to those who live in the lower peninsula "trolls" because we live "below" (south of) the Mackinac bridge connecting the peninsulas. So don't worry that I've come here to troll the forum. I'm here to discuss with likeminded individuals about history, life, perspective, politics, borders, language and culture. And this group has people with a one-of-a-kind mindset. I myself am not a mormon and dont really plan on ever becoming one.

I came across this board multiple times while googling for info on some obscure right-wing books from the 60s and 70s. My political ideals are of strict constitutionalism. I am interested in discussing those unscrupulous immoral "insiders" that shape governmental policy and subvert culture through the media. And not just talking about current political issues which I can talk about anywhere though Im sure you're a great bunch to talk about those things with anyways. I mean talking about political issues from as long ago as 70 years ago that are still relevant. Other online forums have people that are interested in that but this seems like the only forum where the standard user is familiar with a lot of history from the last century from a conservative perspective.

I also want to say it was the John Birch Society and their literature and online videos (old videos and current ones) that got me interested in conservative politics. That should put more of my background into perspective. Im also an aspiring anthropologist and hsitorian going to school right now.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Nice to meet you likeminded people

Post by lundbaek »

I assume, then, that you are a member of the JBS, or at least take The New American. And may I suggest that you take a good look at the Constitution Party.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

That's what brought me here, too, Aspietroll. Don't expect an echo chamber, here, there is quite a bit of diversity of thought here, although in general the neoliberal viewpoint isn't much represented.

I am wondering if there was a defining point in your life that you "woke up" to the current situation, or were you just raised in a home that taught you this viewpoint? If there was a "wake up" moment can you share what led up to it? The JBS also has had a very strong impact on me.

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

Original_Intent wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:35 am I am wondering if there was a defining point in your life that you "woke up" to the current situation, or were you just raised in a home that taught you this viewpoint? If there was a "wake up" moment can you share what led up to it? The JBS also has had a very strong impact on me.
I guess I always had a sort of sense about what's right and wrong with governance but the wake up point was around the time of Obama's re-election that I noticed his neo-conservative actions weren't being attacked at all the way George Bush and John McCain were criticized by pundits and the media only four years before. Part of how JBS attracted me was that they spoke to my common sense though I wasn't really versed in the ideals of being right of center.

One very specific moment was when a New American article wrote about how the Soviet Union's collapse was by design, which I had suspected on my own before then. Because when I was 16 I got very interested in cold war history and couldn't help but notice that whereas any joe could tell you how WWII ended, the causes of the end of the cold war are very debated. You could fill a room with books that differed on explanations on how the cold war ended. I couldn't help but think the collapse of the USSR was a political move when I took into account the fact that the US sent billions of dollars in economic aid to Russia after the collapse; not a single governmental official nor intelligence official in the US could had predicted the end of the USSR 24 hours before it happened; no real clearinghouse of old soviet government officials took place after the USSR collapsed; and lastly I couldnt help but think it was a convenient coincidence the Soviet Union breaks up just as the Muslim population within the USSR would had constituted a majority of people in the USSR. And right after the USSR breaks up is when radical islam to becomes the new threat to world stability.
lundbaek wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:26 am I assume, then, that you are a member of the JBS, or at least take The New American. And may I suggest that you take a good look at the Constitution Party.
I am not in the JBS right now only because Im unable to be an activist at the moment.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:) :) Welcome aspietroll.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Do you have Asperger's? Just wondering about the "aspie" part of your name.

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

captainfearnot wrote: April 17th, 2017, 11:22 am Do you have Asperger's? Just wondering about the "aspie" part of your name.
Yes.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Hi aspietroll,
Thanks for joining us.

You've started one thread to introduce yourself. Now feel free to start another to discuss a favorite 70 year-old topic of yours, or a topic you're currently researching. Let's see if you get any bites.

By the way, my favorite topic, that of Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes, is now over 100 years old. No, it's not. It's really millions of years old and is rooted in the desire of man to exercise unrighteous dominion over others.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

And of course, please join in Silver's 11 week silver giveaway! viewtopic.php?f=39&t=45320

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Aspietroll, You stated that "My political ideals are of strict constitutionalism". Which constitution do you support, the Framers' Constitution or the Supreme Court's Constitution ? To get an idea of what I'm on about, have a look at www.inspiredconstitution.org/jh_gk/chapter_1.html

My point is that there have been 17 amendments to the US Constitution since the Bill of Rights, some of which maintain the spirit of the original Constitution, and others which infringe on our freedoms. That's why you might note that I often, when referencing the Constitution, follow it with the caveat "in the tradition of the Founding Fathers" or "as the Founders meant it to be understood.

Also,it might help you to be aware that it is a tenet of the Mormon Faith that the Lord "established the Constitution of this land..." And some of those participants of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, including Washington, Franklin and Madison, acknowledged divine help of "Providence" as they composed the Constitution.

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

lundbaek wrote: April 17th, 2017, 12:36 pm Aspietroll, You stated that "My political ideals are of strict constitutionalism". Which constitution do you support, the Framers' Constitution or the Supreme Court's Constitution ? To get an idea of what I'm on about, have a look at www.inspiredconstitution.org/jh_gk/chapter_1.html

My point is that there have been 17 amendments to the US Constitution since the Bill of Rights, some of which maintain the spirit of the original Constitution, and others which infringe on our freedoms. That's why you might note that I often, when referencing the Constitution, follow it with the caveat "in the tradition of the Founding Fathers" or "as the Founders meant it to be understood.

Also,it might help you to be aware that it is a tenet of the Mormon Faith that the Lord "established the Constitution of this land..." And some of those participants of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, including Washington, Franklin and Madison, acknowledged divine help of "Providence" as they composed the Constitution.
I adhere to the Founder's vision of the Constitution and don't even recognize the supreme court as having authority to rule what is and is not constitutional. Amendments 16 and 17 should be repealed and there is evidence that the 16th wasn't legally ratified.

aspietroll
captain of 50

Post by aspietroll »

Silver wrote: April 17th, 2017, 12:02 pm
Now feel free to start another to discuss a favorite 70 year-old topic of yours, or a topic you're currently researching. Let's see if you get any bites.
Well, I found that in order for me to support the JBS I would have to debate why they had their position on civil rights. I can deliver a pretty thorough posting on that issue. Also, Im versed in my history of the United Nations, European Union and communism.

It is very hard today be a constitutionalist and not be perceived as a racist. Really.

If you support the 7th Amendment which says that in suits of common law, when a lot of money is in controversy then trial by jury is to be preserved, you'd have to oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964 because it lets the Justice Department fine the crap out of anyone the NAACP wants it to with no jury trial.

If you believe in original intent, you oppose the Brown v Board decision because the Supreme Court used the 14th Amendment to justify their decision though the original framers of that amendment meant for segregation to be preserved.

What side should a modern day constitutionalist take?